The Official American Football Thread

adriancg

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Buffon, Fábregas, Rino, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Zidane, Kaká, R9, Pato, Agüero, Thiago Silva, Jovetic
Lol funny trolling :star:

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Football. Not American Football - But actual Football.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Glimpse of football.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf

You know you're my boy, but I had to do this. I mean seriously WTF is going on at your school.......

Tennessee Football Coach Gives Players Hygiene Lessons

by Glenn Davis | 12:54 pm, September 9th, 2010

Head football coaches are infamous control freaks, and especially at the college level, where you’re dealing with upwards of 100 young guys, it’s understandable. And sometimes, those young guys need some instruction in areas that might sound a little strange. And that’s how Derek Dooley, first-year head man at the University of Tennessee, found himself teaching his players how to shower properly.

Apparently, some team members recently fell victim to staph infections, and Dooley decided it was time to do something about it. He said this season’s Vols had “the worst shower discipline of any team [he'd] ever been around,” and well, um, no comment.

But we will comment on Dooley’s explanation of what exactly the team did:

We did a clinic yesterday on proper shower technique and soap and using a rag. We put some new rags in. Y’all think I’m kidding, but I’m serious…we talked a little bit about application of soap to the rag and making sure you hit all your body. You know, you can neglect it trying to cut corners, and it shows in how you practice and elsewhere. I’m hoping we show some improvement in that.”

And our comment is this: unlike the time Dooley tried to reward certain reporters by granting them practice access over others he didn’t like as much, the shower lesson is actually a good idea. The devil is truly in the details, and no less a coach than John Wooden gave players guidance on how to put on shoes and socks.

Plus: again, college teams have massive rosters, leading to at least 100 guys sharing – no matter how extravagantly booster-funded – a relatively small space. That’s an ideal environment for pathogens to spread, and it’s worth making every effort to prevent…no matter how funny it might sound at first.

H/T SPORTSbyBROOKS
http://www.sportsgrid.com/ncaa-football/derek-dooleytennessee-football-hygiene-lessons/

I mean dude.....

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
@ 615 :D

how did you manage to get these type of coaches? now thats a special coach for you :D

volcanopele

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
El Shaarawy, Balotelli
New season finally getting started. Hope my Jaguars play better today than Milan did yesterday. Come on guys, at least help me recover some of my weekend.

The Jags are tied 7-7 against Denver just after the half.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I forgot how much i fucking love Ray Lewis

Now THAT is a man

SixOneFive

Long Live Don Silvio
Reaction score

You know you're my boy, but I had to do this. I mean seriously WTF is going on at your school.......

http://www.sportsgrid.com/ncaa-football/derek-dooleytennessee-football-hygiene-lessons/

I mean dude.....

hahaha we thought that was just as funny/******** as you must have. the underground/student newspaper had a "Dooley's Shower Tutorial" page in the latest issue.

@ 615 :D

how did you manage to get these type of coaches? now thats a special coach for you :D

after kiffin, this guy is a classy refreshment. that said, i always thought kiffin's shit talk was hilarious back when knoxville didn't want him dead. i wasn't here for the riots last year when he left :(

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
hey 615...

Why did Tennessee choose orange as their team color? ........You can wear it to the game on Saturday, hunting on Sunday and picking up trash along the highways the rest of the week.

:D

forgot to post this until now, but whats up with your boys in silver and black, SM84? :D

chris johnson ran a fuckin train, like usual

I've retired as a raiders fan till al davis dies.... team won't be good till he retires. So senile

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lugano, Raí, Rogério Ceni, Ambrosini, Gattuso
There's a black player, I think that he's from Tenesee, that jumped over an adversary while running and I was :eek:

Do any of you has his name and video of this?

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
There's a black player, I think that he's from Tenesee, that jumped over an adversary while running and I was :eek:

Do any of you has his name and video of this?

ive seen it a few times:

white kid :O

fertygo

Battering Striker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Bierhoff, Pippo Inzaghi, Eto'o, Nedved.
Anyone knows where I can DL/torrent the games ?
I'm interested to follow NFL, but goddamn times difference, when the games start is when my connection is shite, impossible to streams :head:

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Woohoo!!! My 'Noles are back!!! Though, a memo to Christian Ponder...Stop turning the damn ball over!

Also Saints o-line, see what happens when you protect Brees, great things happen. Try doing dat for the rest of the season!

@6 - A little sympathy from me, but my family & some of my friends are heavy duty 'Bama fans. Needless to say they're looking forward to making things very rocky for you 'teers.

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
YEAH BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Florida State 31 florida 7

Hey Ashish, here's some music to study by...:tongue:

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
ive seen it a few times:

white kid :O

I'm impressed. About the only interesting video on American "football" I've ever seen.

The kick to the head is what did it for him though ;)

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
They've been showing the NFL where I live lately and I've seen 5-6 games and fallen in love with the sport. The intensity, roughness, tactics, brilliance. I love it!!

From now I'm going to try and respect it when americans call football "soccer" :D

But seriously, why call it football? The only times they use their feet is when they start of the play and score field goals. You should call it Runball or something...

expect more n00b questions from me in the future.

edit: I'm watching Chicago vs Minisota right now.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Hey Lisa :D how is it going :p

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
saints getting fucked :D but they have a habit of coming back in the 4th quarter
great game from seahawks they were defensively strong against ram last week

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
blah lucky saints, stupid seahwakks and there rookie recievers :o blaaaah

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Hey Lisa :D how is it going :p

A bit disappointed, but can't complain. Wasn't meant to be a back to back season, too many injuries...oh well, we'll be back next season.
I've been a Saints fan for 30 years, so I very well remember how things used to be. We used to dream about finishing .500 for the season. D:
So nothing to complain about.

Last edited:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
So who's gonna be watching the Super Bowl?

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yes College football starts tomorrow another reason to get drunk and walk in and out of the stadium