CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Think this is the line up we will get to see on thursday:

3-5-2

Donnarumma;
Zapata, Bonucci, Romagnoli;
Abate, Mauri, Locatelli, Hakan, Rodriguez;
Silva, Kalinic

Hell no. This scrub played so badly against the Macedonian farmers that he publicly apologised afterwards :lol:

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
Cannot wait to see Romagnoli again!

We need a strong team, this team is still getting to know each other, we don't want too much rotation.

Need a good win for morale.

Forza!

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
No disrespect to the Austrian league but this will be a hammering.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
Playing 4-3-3 against Lazio and 3-5-2 against Austria Wien

Very smart decisions!

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Biglia to start acc to Sky so is Bonucci Romagnoli RR and one of Moose,Zapata.

A.Silva Kalinic upfront

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
is conti ready?

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
Montella better field the best team possible - need to assert dominance and leave nothing up to the imagination.

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy
Yall guys want us to field our best team?.. dafaq

You got a point but we also need to test 3-5-2 too. This is a perfect chance to test it out

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
I'd be fine with that

Yes.. EL group stages should be comfortable for him. I'd rather Locatelli substitute Biglia while Montolivo is used in the mezz'ala position as a sub.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm assuming Austria Wien are going to play 442. I really have no idea if that's true.

If we dominate possession which is what's expected then this should be an easy game. If they keep two up front, it's going to be easy to contain with our spare man at the back. Most of the time both Biglia and Bonucci will be free so that means we'll have great options to play penetrative passes, especially with both Kalinic and Andre Silva up front who are MUCH better at receiving the ball than Cutrone.

I'm expecting lots of direct forward passes to those two who would flick it to onrushing players (Conti, Kessie, Bonaventura especially)

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm assuming Austria Wien are going to play 442. I really have no idea if that's true.

If we dominate possession which is what's expected then this should be an easy game. If they keep two up front, it's going to be easy to contain with our spare man at the back. Most of the time both Biglia and Bonucci will be free so that means we'll have great options to play penetrative passes, especially with both Kalinic and Andre Silva up front who are MUCH better at receiving the ball than Cutrone.

I'm expecting lots of direct forward passes to those two who would flick it to onrushing players (Conti, Kessie, Bonaventura especially)

Austria plays 4-1-4-1/4-3-3 as standard and 4-2-3-1 as alternative system. The starting XI changed in 5 positions compared to last season because of transfers and injuries, that should be good for Milan. Austria is good in terms of running and technical quality, defense is the weak part of the game.

If you want to do some scouting:

Last years draw against Roma:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x8juwt0XQg

Latest game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxOPEgSJj8U

With a solid performance it should be a clear win for Milan but Austria is good enough to make use of a bad performance, so Milan should stay focused.

Last edited:

SixOneFive

Long Live Don Silvio
Reaction score
Yes.. EL group stages should be comfortable for him. I'd rather Locatelli substitute Biglia while Montolivo is used in the mezz'ala position as a sub.

Yeah, other than Locatelli though I'd like to see us field a first-choice side. We're still not in any sort of positive rhythm yet so I'd like to see the starters playing together as much as possible.

I think it would be good to see Andre Silva get as much time as he can too.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Austrian newspaper predicts Milan in a 3-5-2 with Kalinic, Silva, Bona and Conti returning to the starting XI.

Neutral/home seats are available as single tickets now.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Austria plays 4-1-4-1/4-3-3 as standard and 4-2-3-1 as alternative system. The starting XI changed in 5 positions compared to last season because of transfers and injuries, that should be good for Milan. Austria is good in terms of running and technical quality, defense is the weak part of the game.

If you want to do some scouting:

Last years draw against Roma:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x8juwt0XQg

Latest game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxOPEgSJj8U

With a solid performance it should be a clear win for Milan but Austria is good enough to make use of a bad performance, so Milan should stay focused.

Thanks! 4141 would be the best option for them, would close off a lot of our options but it leaves our back three with lots of room and time, probably to spread very wide and letting the wingbacks push all the way.

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
Iirc antonelli played super shit last 3-5-2 game against a peasant team whose name i don't remember.
I hope Montella realizes our situation and doesn't shot himself anymore
Why cant we have a 3-5-2 game with full strength for once. Just try it.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
full squad without RR and conti

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA
352 with Abate and Antonelli will be painful. They both suck at attack.

edit:

Probable XI vs Austria Wien (3-5-2): Donnarumma; Zapata, Bonucci, Romagnoli; Abate, Kessie, Biglia, Hakan, Antonelli; Silva, Kalinic. [Sky]

need backs wing backs this winter if this formation clicks.

Last edited:

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
352 with Abate and Antonelli will be painful. They both suck at attack + defence.

edit:

Probable XI vs Austria Wien (3-5-2): Donnarumma; Zapata, Bonucci, Romagnoli; Abate, Kessie, Biglia, Hakan, Antonelli; Silva, Kalinic. [Sky]

need backs wing backs this winter if this formation clicks.

Fixed.

I'd play Calabria at LWB as at least he can cross.

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
Abate does not suck at defense.....I don't know where this ridiculous idea comes from. He isn't great in attack but find me a team with a better backup fullback other than the top 5-10 teams in the world and I'll shake your hand