AC Milan - Champions League 2013/2014

Whom would you want Milan to face in the Play-off round?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Honestly, I would say avoid going to Ukraine due to the long trip and maybe injury concerns. Fenerbace's made some good signings but we honestly shouldn't be worried about any other sides.

PSV is tough but they lost some key players.

dilllb

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Pacos & PSV - easy meat
Fenerbahce - not so good but hard to beat at home
Sociedad - good team but unexperienced
Metalist - best team from these but with a shitty defence.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Love how people underrate Sociedad.. they finished 4th in La Liga ahead of teams like Valencia and Sevilla.
Fenerbache is the strongest, then Metalist who aren't far off.

Gacek

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Love how people underrate Sociedad.. they finished 4th in La Liga ahead of teams like Valencia and Sevilla.
Fenerbache is the strongest, then Metalist who aren't far off.

La Liga fan told me that Sociedad's success was more because of Valencia's and Sevilla's trouble than Sociedad's great appereances.
IMO for now they're far easier to beat than PSV, Fener or Metalist.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
La Liga fan told me that Sociedad's success was more because of Valencia's and Sevilla's trouble than Sociedad's great appereances.
IMO for now they're far easier to beat than PSV, Fener or Metalist.

Fair enough.
But come on, after selling Strootman and Mertens, PSV are quite a bit off Metalist and Fener.

doraemon

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso, Kaka
one good thing if we face PSV is we will use our gold kit

:star:

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Pacos & PSV - easy meat
Fenerbahce - not so good but hard to beat at home
Sociedad - good team but unexperienced
Metalist - best team from these but with a shitty defence.

Metalist best team? They got beat by some Albanian team last week!

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
We would trash PSV, too young and unexpierenced team.
Fenerbahce is actually a decent team, they got Sow and Emenike upfront..

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
if we are in the second spot for CHL draw then we will probably be in a group of death. Dortmund, city, psg and jube will all be in 3rd spot i guess?

Nasha

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Anyone remember what Bilbao did to United? Lets avoid the Spanish team, way too technical for my liking.

khuyag

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Кака, Maldini, Nesta, Ronaldo, Beckham
1. Fenerbahce
2. Metalist
3. PSV
4-5. Pacos = Sociedad

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
I would pick Pacos I think. No long Eastern trip and the team, I'm guessing, isn't special.

PSV is easily the worst case.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
The only team I'd like to avoid is Fenerbache. Imo, they have the best squad among the 5 options and they are a very dirty, physical team with some dangerous pace up front. A trip to Istanbul isnt ideal either. Best we avoid them.

Reaction score
We would trash PSV, too young and unexpierenced team.

You are underestimating PSV so badly now. Yeah, they are young and unexperienced, but also very eager and passionate. They lost all this strongholders, but still are stronger than last season.

Reaction score
Those five Fenerbahce is most dangerous team but right now they aren't in good shape. Changed their manager, they are trying to use new formation 4-2-3-1. Most importantly they aren't fully concentrate of champions league because of waiting CAS results that will show they are banned from europe or not. Even if they will eliminate us we have chance to go cl groups.
Their first team roster:
Volkan demirel- yobo- bruno alves- kadlec -gokhan gonul- emre- meireles- cristian- sow-kuyt-emenike.

Gacek

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I've read today that Metalist are waiting for a sentence about their corruption scandal and on tuesday we'll know whether they'll be able to play in CL's qualifications or not. If not, their place will take PAOK Saloniki. Can anyone confirm it?
Frankly: it'd be great.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I've read today that Metalist are waiting for a sentence about their corruption scandal and on tuesday we'll know whether they'll be able to play in CL's qualifications or not. If not, their place will take PAOK Saloniki. Can anyone confirm it?
Frankly: it'd be great.

Dont think itll happen, Fenerbache got excused as well, though their case was different.

Gacek

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Dont think itll happen, Fenerbache got excused as well, though their case was different.

You're right imo, but Metalist's case is different: there are players who got punished because of match fixing.
However I don't think that UEFA will do anything now. Two months ago: maybe, but not now.

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
You're right imo, but Metalist's case is different: there are players who got punished because of match fixing.
However I don't think that UEFA will do anything now. Two months ago: maybe, but not now.

Yeah, if they give a punishment, it will count from next edition onward.

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
You are underestimating PSV so badly now. Yeah, they are young and unexperienced, but also very eager and passionate. They lost all this strongholders, but still are stronger than last season.

Take a look at their starting XI from yesterday.
Their oldest player was 24..
It's a team with potential but zero exprience.

I don't expect motivation to be a decisive factor as Milan needs to get into the CL so they will be just as motivated as them.

If we can't beat a team that's basically U-22 then we don't deserve to be in CL.

Reaction score
Take a look at their starting XI from yesterday.
Their oldest player was 24..
It's a team with potential but zero exprience.

I don't expect motivation to be a decisive factor as Milan needs to get into the CL so they will be just as motivated as them.

If we can't beat a team that's basically U-22 then we don't deserve to be in CL.

The oldest player was 29 years old (Schaars), but okay, they are VERY young. The youngest PSV ever. What the PSV players say is: it's not experience, but quality what matters. I agree with that, and so far they show to have quality.

This PSV is waaay weaker than the PSV of the half final in 2005, but Milan has lost quality too. Of course, Milan is the favorite, but it would definitely not be a walk-over.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Ji-Sung Park is back at PSV.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Has anyone seen/found any articles about our possible opponents? Like who scored or ESPN shit.. analyzing their style situation etc

Majko

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan Players
When we will know our opponent? Friday? If yes, what time?
Thank you.

Schedule