Reaction score
tommaso-pobega-pordenone-calcio-1589890396-39094.jpg

Date of birth: Jul 15, 1999
Place of birth: Trieste Italy
Height: 1,88 m
Citizenship: Italy
Position: Midfielder - Central Midfield
Foot: both

Looks like he'll be a part of the squad this season. Rumours of a renewal until 2025 as well.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So he's going to be the vice-Bennacer, both being left footed. He's already physically imposing and should keep getting stronger with time. We have lots of games so even as the 4th option he should get enough minutes to develop this season.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
On 5 league goals after a brace vs Sampdoria tonight. Will return to Milan this summer. One to keep an eye on for the transfer market, either we sell him for a healthy plusvalenza or we insert him in a swap deal for a Serie A player we're interested in.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Spezia has buy option.

True, but we can counter that option solely to arbitrage. He has a contract with us until 2025.

I read a few weeks ago that he had interest from Premier League clubs as well (Leicester/Everton/Leeds?). In any case, we should get more than €10m for a player who I don't consider functional in our set up.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
Not sure if this was posted elsewhere - taken from sempremilan.com

Tommaso Pobega has revealed his emotions after signing a contract extension with AC Milan and thus securing his long-term future at the club.

Pobega spent last season out on loan at Torino after being at Spezia in 2020-21 and he did very well for the Granata, playing in multiple roles in the midfield throughout the season under Ivan Juric. Now he has returned to base, the Milan management wanted to show how much they believe in him.

On their official website, Milan confirmed that Pobega has signed a renewal with the club until 2027. The previous deal was due to expire in 2025 and the new one is also expected to include a significant pay rise.

Speaking on Milan TV, Pobega talked about his feelings after putting pen to paper as well as his past loan spells, his Azzurri ambitions and what the future holds.

“A lot of emotion, I want to do well, I want to play and improve. Many years have passed since I arrived here, every year I have used it to grow and improve myself to take away some satisfactions with this shirt,” he said (via SempreMilan.it).

On his experience at Torino: “Last year I was lucky enough to go to Torino where I found a good environment and a good coach who gave me confidence and allowed me to consolidate in Serie A.”

On the national team: “Playing for the national team is always an emotion. Playing against Germany was wonderful, being in the Azzurri jersey is an emotion that is difficult to explain and I have goals to achieve with Italy too.”

On Tonali and his other team-mates: “I have a good relationship with Tonali, we have known each other since last year and it is a pleasure to play with him. The group made a very positive impression on me: there is a desire to work and improve. Last year I saw him grow a lot also in terms of awareness.”

On his fascination with Maignan: “A player I would have liked to see closely was Maignan, I was impressed when I saw him arrive at Milan and I was curious to know how influential he was also in terms of charisma. I must say that he is as I expected.”

On what Pioli taught him: “Last year, before going on loan, I spoke to the coach who told me it was the right choice because I would have the opportunity to grow and work to return. Pioli is a great coach and I will have to follow his teachings in order to improve.”

On his target of growth: “My goal every year is to grow, every year we can improve. Obviously we want to take away some satisfactions both as a group and on an individual level . For good luck, I want to keep my goals to myself.”

Sounds like a good kid :proud:

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Two good games back to back, looks a lot less nervous and seems to pick up the system pretty fast. Needs to get more involved in passing though, but at least he is a safe passer. I think he needs to get some of the small-medium club football he played so far out of his system in that regard.

DOB

Banned
Reaction score
Two good games back to back, looks a lot less nervous and seems to pick up the system pretty fast. Needs to get more involved in passing though, but at least he is a safe passer. I think he needs to get some of the small-medium club football he played so far out of his system in that regard.
I think he has ambro level skill. Look forward to it. If we could just give Adli some time

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn what a goal

DOB

Banned
Reaction score
Tonali better watch out. Pobega will bench him. I would love to see a 3-man midfield though.

Pobega-Tonali/Adli-Benny

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Great goal and display of grinta, the only sub that really worked. He has a great goal instinct and finish, shame it only saved 1 point in the end and not 3 like it should have been.

Also really sweet celebration, he clearly deeply identifies with the club and people. Proper local hero.

nanook

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
NRWUpka.gif

Code:
replay - https://i.imgur.com/3xggr5R.gifv

l8GuC8y.gif

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Great one-time finish and also good run leading up to the goal.

I see him as a more advanced midfielder rather than a destroyer

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Great one-time finish and also good run leading up to the goal.

I see him as a more advanced midfielder rather than a destroyer
What is advanced about him?

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What is advanced about him?
I think it is fair to say that he is good in attack, at least in terms of off-ball movement and finishing. He also scored 10 goals in 53 non-Milan Serie A games before.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I think it is fair to say that he is good in attack, at least in terms of off-ball movement and finishing. He also scored 10 goals in 53 non-Milan Serie A games before.
that would be a box-to-box midfielder, which he basically is used as now.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
that would be a box-to-box midfielder, which he basically is used as now.
Yesterday he player CAM imo. Fielded like that he is an atypical CAM but that could work in some situations, especially as sub or with someone like CDK or Ibra as ST.