The Rumour Commode XXI

Who should lead Milan's attack in 17/18 ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Sheva, Nesta, Pippo, T. Silva, Kaka, Seedorf, Laudrup, Maradona,
Simone is in no shadow, he's a great coach already.

Luckily the quote only referred to "player" and not "coach". Simone has done really well at Lazio to be fair.

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
Talks of Menez (Taarabt, Balotelli... Its all the same person) make me draw parallels with Bonaventura.

Now, let's be clear, I'm not talking of their personalities. the first 3 can be nutcases with attitude and ego problems and Jack is actually a decent guy. But that's not what I'm comparing.
I'm talking of their contribution

These talented players are great in teams that are lacking in everything so rely on their individual brilliance.
And that was us the past 3-4 seasons, and those players were the bright spots, they all had some success here.

They (Menez, Balo, Taarabt) never lasted in organized team where they had to play a specific role to make the big machine (team) work.
To them, football is in individualistic sport.

Im curious to see how Bonaventura performs this season...
He is Not really a Midfielder nor a Left winger. Maybe better suited for SS. Good at running at defenders and shooting
He was more of a "Here's the ball, make something happen" player the previous seasons

If we're gonna play him in midfield (which seems likely) ... with Biglia shielding the defence, Kessie box to box... the third Midfielder should be the creative outlet, Picking passes that split or unsettle opposing defenses. And i don't see none of that in his game.
Hakan is more suited for that job.

Time will tell

Interesting analysis.

For me though, i'd never set Bonaventura with the like of Taarabt, Menez, and Balo.

But you have me re-think of that and now i see a slight possibilities for jack to go that way.

Something that made me quite sure about Jack is his ego. He is (seemed to be) far more humble compares to Taarabt, Balo, Menez. I'd highly doubt his likelihood of going rampage.

I'm sure Milan still need his versatility & quality. One thing that he is lack of are "hunger" and "ambition to thrive". He has it all but a charisma to be a worldclass player. Well in fact, none of last season's Milan players have it, except Donnarumma.
If only Jack has the right motivation and ambition, he might've be on par with or surpass Marchisio in certain level

Sorriso Sempre

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It'll be counter productive, your information is based on internet,i think you have not watched what you are talking about. I can be right or wrong and there is no shame in admitting so. But you want to convince me that Veron has no quality compared to Nedved, Zidane and Rui Costa and my point was quality wise you're not comparing apples to apples hence my Franco Baresi comment.

as for the wikipedia and transfermarkt remark, you just validated it with the laudrup thing. I'm going with memory and how I remember watching football and players during that time.

Please tell me you got the zidane playing cdm (1 coppa game) info watching it on tv and i'll admit i am wrong about my POV. Because to be honest with you I am pushing 39 and i don't remember Zidane playing cdm. I had to check transfermarkt to see he played a coppa game as a cdm against an irelevnant serie c team

you contradict yourself again and again
first i talked about quality, you mentioned positions.then i talked about positions too now u say u meant quality wise.....decide

explain to me when did i say veron has no quality?fact that he is not in same level with nedved and zidane doesnt mean he has no quality.they are fokin ballon d'or winners.still cunts but ballon d'or winners.

i explained to you that position wise too veron is closer to nedved and zidane than keane and simeone.redondo is #6
veron played most of his career as a #8 or #10(if you want to go with old numbers). and i m talking about his days in europe.i didnt followed him at all when he returned to argentina.

again i havent watched laudrup live at juve but i have watched tonnes of highlights from him. ive watched him during his spain days and he played completely different

i dont get it with the transfermarkt thing
i use it for prices and transfers. if you use it for positions its your problem, cause all this sites have fixed positions

i hardly ever remember veron to make a tackle in a game and u say to me that he is more like keane/simeone than nedved zidane?come on dude.stick with the reports you are posting which you are very good at and we thank u for that and dont make this even more embarassing

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
To be fair Raiola looks decent compared to Coutinho, Mbappe and Dembele's agent.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
you contradict yourself again and again
first i talked about quality, you mentioned positions.then i talked about positions too now u say u meant quality wise.....decide

explain to me when did i say veron has no quality?fact that he is not in same level with nedved and zidane doesnt mean he has no quality.they are fokin ballon d'or winners.still cunts but ballon d'or winners.

i explained to you that position wise too veron is closer to nedved and zidane than keane and simeone.redondo is #6
veron played most of his career as a #8 or #10(if you want to go with old numbers). and i m talking about his days in europe.i didnt followed him at all when he returned to argentina.

again i havent watched laudrup live at juve but i have watched tonnes of highlights from him. ive watched him during his spain days and he played completely different

i dont get it with the transfermarkt thing
i use it for prices and transfers. if you use it for positions its your problem, cause all this sites have fixed positions

i hardly ever remember veron to make a tackle in a game and u say to me that he is more like keane/simeone than nedved zidane?come on dude.stick with the reports you are posting which you are very good at and we thank u for that and dont make this even more embarassing

dude focus somewhere else, i am not really interested in going further more. I will repeat I am not a fan of wikipedia and transfermarkt fans. I don't have the will to debate with you. watch some more football and come again.

is there more than one of you?

what's embarassing is using internet to look like an expert which no one claim here but you. you are not even willing to accept others opinion but you tend to ridicule them.

Last edited:

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Interesting analysis.

For me though, i'd never set Bonaventura with the like of Taarabt, Menez, and Balo.

But you have me re-think of that and now i see a slight possibilities for jack to go that way.

Something that made me quite sure about Jack is his ego. He is (seemed to be) far more humble compares to Taarabt, Balo, Menez. I'd highly doubt his likelihood of going rampage.

I'm sure Milan still need his versatility & quality. One thing that he is lack of are "hunger" and "ambition to thrive". He has it all but a charisma to be a worldclass player. Well in fact, none of last season's Milan players have it, except Donnarumma.
If only Jack has the right motivation and ambition, he might've be on par with or surpass Marchisio in certain level

I knew that saying Menez Balo Taarabt and Bonaventura people will jump to that conclusion immediately. That's why I clearly addressed that near the top, that this comparison has nothing to do with their characters and personalities but contribution to the team.

But this is just my view, hopefully he (and Montella) can find a way to fit in a system and be a part of it.

Last year it was "give the ball to Bona or Suso so they can make something happen"
This year we have many players that can make things happen, and if he plays the way he is accustomed to play (kinda soloist), it won't work and instead of being the hero likenin years past, he'll become the problem, the one not in sync with the team

We'll see

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
Uli Hoeneß (Bayern President): "I would not respect Barça if they are behind Dembélé's recent actions." [kicker]

They are being cuntish. Yr a celebrated club, act like it.

Sorriso Sempre

Milan Legend
Reaction score
dude focus somewhere else, i am not really interested in going further more. I will repeat I am not a fan of wikipedia and transfermarkt fans. I don't have the will to debate with you. watch some more football and come again.

is there more than one of you?

what's embarassing is using internet to look like an expert which no one claim here but you. you are not even willing to accept others opinion but you tend to ridicule them.

dude i come back cause u answer to me and trying to mock me.
i dont care who are you fan of.i m sure i ve watched much more football than you calling veron a #6

as for which one claims to be an expert and ridicule others.....i think you started with expressions like ''massaro teach this kid a thing or two '' and even in this post you say...''watch some football and come back''
so who's acting like an expert....really!

im trying to make you see some things clearer but u seem not to understand a thing(still you think though that you know much about football)

so i leave it here since u dont understand.if you wanna prove your point prove it with facts...and not with expressions as transfermarkt fans trying to do this and that....i explained it to you, but it seems that u are the transfermarkt fan

and to be fair i can show u many videos of veron playing for lazio like a #8 and a #10. i bet u cant even show me 10% of that number of him playing like diego simeone or # 6

Sorriso Sempre

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We should have just kept kucka for a vice- kessie :(

it depends
after all we didnt make much money for his sale.
but if the plan was to sell all the old stuff and buy players with resale value then we had to sacrifice him

Uli Hoeneß (Bayern President): "I would not respect Barça if they are behind Dembélé's recent actions." [kicker]

uli is right about this but bayern as juventus are bullying teams since ever

to be honest , though, they never cried life uefalona did with neymar when bigger teams came to steal their players(zidane pogba etc)

Mark18

Primavera
Reaction score
We should have just kept kucka for a vice- kessie :(

yong li should make redemption..

Getty-667409.jpg

CapitanoMaldini

With Arrogance
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Van Basten, Sheva, Nesta, Pippo, T. Silva, Kaka, Seedorf, Laudrup, Maradona,
Veron had more talent but Rui probably did more with his ability. Inter always had hugely talented players who failed to max out their potential. Guys like Adriano come to mind but even more so somebody like Recoba.

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
Veron had more talent but Rui probably did more with his ability. Inter always had hugely talented players who failed to max out their potential. Guys like Adriano come to mind but even more so somebody like Recoba.

One of a very few Inter player that i truly feared of whenever Milan meets Inter.

Huge talent. But lack of self control cost him his career.
Typical Brazilian players' way of failure.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
inter once had ibra + adriano upfront

IcyDiavolo

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Lazio wants Paletta. Perfect way to work out a deal for Keita. It seems Paletta is one of the most sought after CBs yet he's still here haha.
Irrelevant imo. Lazio have already agreed terms with us on Keita. Just don't have an agreement with the player yet. Dunno why he's been holding out for Juve :fp:

marioacm93

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Lazio's Lotito on Keita: Milan offered us €35 million, West Ham €32 million, Napoli €30 million, but Keita not interested in these clubs. @Planetmilan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule