Reaction score
What?
Darmian is actually better than Sciglio. Much better. Santon too. :o

never
go
full
retar.d

never

des is out of form and his confidence is low. I'm sure he'll be back to his usual self when milan will have a few consecutive wins..

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
awful in offense but he has been decent in the defensive phase. So yes, he has been pretty damn mediocre overall this season although i feel its just a confidence issue. I am sure this kid will bounce back soon and show us what he is capable of. I have never been impressed by his offensive output but he has always been a stand out performer defensively over the past 2 seasons. So i hope he takes a week off to recover fully and regain that old form of his which made him a regular figure in the team of week player selection category a year back.

Last edited:

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
never
go
full
retar.d

never

des is out of form and his confidence is low. I'm sure he'll be back to his usual self when milan will have a few consecutive wins..

Just explain why is Sciglio better than Darmian and Santon? Please. :o

He will be back? Which year? :o
Man, he play like a shit for almost a year. I like this guy and I want him the best, but he is so fucking overrated and I don't know what people actually expect from him.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
if constant was playing like this :proud: #RnB

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
De Sciglio is not even playing bad... he is doing OK.. just not as good as what we are used to.

De Sciglio's best asset is his crossing especially with his right foot. Unlike Abate he can cross from distance. He also knows when to join the attack and is usually in position when the team transits to the defensive phase. 1v1 defending he is very very good.

One thing he could do better is not to play the ball back too often. Confidence is another issue that he will gain with time.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
(coming in like a shady street vendor) Psssst, may i interest you in my weird analysis from a few months back ?

I strongly believe this kid would benefit if he converts into a center back. Put a little meat on him and Slowly shift him to the center.

Now before idiots start singing, I'm aware that he is currently our best fullback. And needs to play there.
I'm talking in the long term. Alex won't be here for long, same goes for Mexes. And we won't sign any good / worthy defender soon for sure.

With his football IQ (that I deem beyond his age), and his anticipation skills (not bad)... I can see him being a Nesta-like center back (clean, elegant, effective) after 2-3 years of center back experience.

If we do get Armero this year (lol), i would look for a good right back for next season and then start moving from full back to center back from time to time.

With the pace of the game today the top fullbacks are energetic/pacy players...I feel like as a fullback in 5 years he will still be considered a "good" fullback and nothing more. IMO, He lacks that nastiness to be able to be a top fullback.

My 2 cents

indeed, his few stints as a CB are well known but even without that just looking at his attributes calmness and awareness which translate into good anticipation, tactically sound...it's screaming to me that he should be playing more in the center...maybe not now but for the future, as wee need a good right back and we have some good CB (yes, by no means Rami, Alex, Mexes, Zapata are a bad crop of CB, not as bad as people want to believe, if we are able to play as a team with a midfield that helped, then we could potentially be the team that concedes the least in the league / if not then even the best defenders would look foolish sometimes...Ex: Ramos and to a certain extent Thiago Silva at the world cup) ...

as said in my other post a few paces higher. i think if he stays a fullback he will be nothing more than a good player...at CB i see him being a potential Nesta like defender. therefore top class...
yes he is a little weak now but that can be easily worked on ... as opposed to the energy, pace and ruthlessness he would need to become a top class full back. simply not his nature.

quoting myself as if i was someone else lol

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
^ good post. Agreed. He lacks the aggressive mentality to play the modern fullback role.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Slow start but at least he is trying, I say give him a couple more chances before we try out Armero

justhope

Milan Icon
Reaction score
he was excellent today. both in defense and attack

sent a huge number of good crosses today. to torres, jack, menez twice, I think honda also. really good crosses that couldve been assists if some more concentration on finishing from his colleagues.

also most of them were with his left foot. overall was pretty good today

romlakers

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Had a really nice game , put some really good crosses. That's the De Sciglio we want to see.

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy
Despite some fked up passes which lead to dangerous counter, he was much better today

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
excellent game....but he needs to step up against better clubs than chievo

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Couple of decent crosses, but still pretty poor.

Last edited:

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
He was poor... better than last time, but still poor. This guy is just so fucking overrated, please sell him finally, his constant shitty performance makes me angry. :fp:

Tadej

Banned
Reaction score
He was poor... better than last time, but still poor. This guy is just so fucking overrated, please sell him finally, his constant shitty performance makes me angry. :fp:

SES is even more overrated....sell?

WILL2K

Magical Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo , Maldini , Kaka , Zizou ..
The guy just needs a break, he is calm and intelligent.

If u watched the clip where he was defending alone vs 3 Chievo attackers, you will see how he adjusted his pace and positioning well.

If it was Bonera or any fullback around his age, that defender would have panicked, either cause a red card foul or would fail to block the cross.

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
SES is even more overrated....sell?
If you ask me, he is actually underrated.

Well, DES is ok player and that's it. Nothing special. What I hate about him is that fact that he looks like a zombie on the pitch, lifeless. I mean, cmon man, wake up please.

Cokata

E46
Reaction score
If you ask me, he is actually underrated.

Well, DES is ok player and that's it. Nothing special. What I hate about him is that fact that he looks like a zombie on the pitch, lifeless. I mean, cmon man, wake up please.

:fp:

Montolivo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zlatan, Montolivo, Honda, Pazzini, Abate, De Sciglio, Mexes, Ambrosini, Nesta, Pato, Ronaldinho
De Sciglio is one of the biggest talented defenders from the club since we recognized maldini.

He has already three season with milan where he is a starter, and he has been a starter for italy multiple times, both under prandelli and conte. And he is 21. That just shows how gifted he is.

He has the calmness and intelligence to be a top top defender. He needs too work on his offensive skills and crosses, but other than that, he has everything.

JordanS

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Donovan, Totti, Ronaldinho
Yeah, let's sell one of our best young players who's established himself as a starter for club and country over his short career thus far. Clearly this is as good as he will ever get and we should just give up on him. :fp: But everyone lost their shit when Cristante was sold who had only played a handful of first team games. DES has had some bad performances and people want him gone. Some of you are such hypocrites when it comes to young talent.

JohnnyWunderboy

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Kaka, Gattuso, Pazzini
He's only a 76 on FIFA 15 though. We should look for greater quality imo.

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Another bad performance for Mattia, this time at home against Azerbaijan and the Italy squad was a whole lot better than Milan's.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Needs to build some muscle.

Schedule