Who will win Copa America 2011?

• Total voters

Andressa M (Bra)

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Ronaldo, R. Carlos, J. César, Maldini
Ms. Maldini said:
I say Brazil is the Boca Juniors of national teams, luck is definitely always on their side (= tienen un culo barbaro!!!) ..... despite of what some of us might think, or what team we might believe should have won this final game and Copa America, the reality of it is that Brazil won.....it's upsetting, especially to lose this way, on pk's......but oh well, that's football, it's not always logical and not always the best team wins.
I think the destiny wanted Brazil to win. On the confrontation against Uruguay there was a pass for the guy right infront of the goal, without any defender (just him end the goal), this guy simply kicked the ball above the goal. It was pure misfortune for him (a blooper haha), and our luck.
But you can't deny, Brazil is great.
Even the "B" team can play equal anyother. Our goalkeeper Julio Cesar is amazing and Adriano is a fenomenon. But they played with all due respect and no fear of Delgado, Abondanzieri, Tevez, Ayala, Kily Gonzalez, Zanetti and company.
Argentina is one of the strongest saquads of the world, Uruguay had a great season and there was other good teams too, and a weak team should never has won this championship, Brazil had it's merit.
Is true that Brazil had some luck but nobody can deny the value on this brazilian young boys.
And 'bout our "culos". Culos barbaros son los de los hermanos (argentinos), que se llevan muchos balones dentro. jajaja!! :D
By the way, where are you from? You speak spanish.
Hasta luego! ;)

milan_my_love

▼•Moderator•▼
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Gianluigi Lentini, Marco Van Basten, Alberigo Evani, Paolo Maldini & IL Capitano
Andressa M (Bra) said:
Thanx,
I really apreciate your support, actually Brazil does.

Andressa You are welcome. :)

Andressa M (Bra) said:
IMO the champion should not have to play the qualif. tournament, the right system is the automatic qualification.
But anyway, I'm sure we're gonna make it, I'd like Argentina to do it too.

Agree.
This is for the first time the holders are playing qualifiers which is unfair IMO.
I believe South American super powers (Argentina and Brasil) will qualify and with some ease.

Andressa M (Bra)

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
milan_my_love said:
I believe South American super powers (Argentina and Brasil) will qualify and with some ease.
Which one else do you think is gonna do it too?
Uruguay had a great Copa América, their performance was excellent, and I think it's gonna give them more strengh and animation for the next games.

redondo

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona, Rivera, Redondo, Baresi, Riquelme, Aimar, Lucho, Mascherano, Tevez, Maxi, Pupi, Rosales
Hard luck Argentine sons.There is always next time.

Congratulatons to all Brasilian tiffosi here and around the world.Your teaam played very well all along and luck was on your side but accept my sincere wishes. ;)

Andressa M (Bra)

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
redondo said:
Hard luck Argentine sons.There is always next time.

Congratulatons to all Brasilian tiffosi here and around the world.Your teaam played very well all along and luck was on your side but accept my sincere wishes. ;)
:eek: Wow, Redondo!!!
I'm really impressed. I almost don't believe I'm reading it from you.
I really apreciate you words.
;)

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
Colombia Copa America Squad:

Goalkeepers: David Ospina (Nice), Luis Martinez (Once Caldas)

Defenders: Mario Yepes (Milan), Aquivaldo Mosquera (America), Luis Amaranto Perea (Atletico Madrid), Cristian Zapata (Udinese), Pablo Armero (Udinese), Camilo Zuniga (Napoli), Yulian Anchico (Pachuca), Juan David Valencia (Atletico Junior)

Midfielders: Juan Guillermo Cuadrado (Udinese), Elkin Soto (Mainz), Abel Aguilar (Hercules), Fredy Guarin (Porto), Carlos Sanchez (Valenciennes), Gustavo Bolivar (Deportes Tolima)

Forwards: Hugo Rodallega (Wigan), Adrian Ramos (Hertha), Teofilo Gutierrez (Racing), Falcao García (Porto), Jackson Martinez (Jaguares), Dayro Moreno (Tijuana)

Brazil Copa America Squad:

Goalkeepers: Victor (Gremio), Julio Cesar (Inter)

Defenders: Daniel Alves (Barcelona), Maicon (Inter), Andre Santos (Fenerbahce), Adriano (Barcelona), Lucio (Inter), Thiago Silva (Milan), David Luiz (Chelsea), Luisao (Benfica)

Midfielders: Lucas Leiva (Liverpool), Ramires (Chelsea), Sandro (Tottenham), Jadson (Shakhtar Donetsk), Elias (Atletico Madrid), Elano (Santos), Paulo Henrique Ganso (Santos), Lucas Silva (Sao Paulo)

Attackers: Robinho (Milan), Alexandre Pato (Milan), Fred (Fluminense), Neymar (Santos)

Last edited:

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago
Trio31.jpg

Cristina

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Pato, Balotelli
New Poll

Last edited:

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Uruguay got a very strong squad:

Goalkeepers: Fernando Muslera (Lazio), Juan Castillo (Colo Colo).

Defenders: Diego Lugano (Fenerbahce), Diego Godín (Atlético Madrid), Mauricio Victorino (Cruzeiro), Martín Cáceres (Sevilla), Andrés Scotti (Colo Colo), Jorge Fucile (Porto), Maximiliano Pereira (Benfica).

Midfielders: Alvaro Pereira (Porto), Diego Pérez (Bologna), Egidio Arévalo Ríos (Botafogo), Walter Gargano (Napoli), Sebastián Eguren (Sporting Gijón), Alvaro González (Lazio), Gastón Ramírez (Bologna), Alvaro Fernández (Seattle Sounders), Nicolás Lodeiro (Ajax).

Forwards: Diego Forlán (Atlético Madrid), Edinson Cavani (Napoli), Luis Suárez (Liverpool), Sebastián Abreu (Botafogo), Abel Hernández (Palermo), Sebastián Fernández (Málaga).

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Uruguay got a very strong squad:

Goalkeepers: Fernando Muslera (Lazio), Juan Castillo (Colo Colo).

Defenders: Diego Lugano (Fenerbahce), Diego Godín (Atlético Madrid), Mauricio Victorino (Cruzeiro), Martín Cáceres (Sevilla), Andrés Scotti (Colo Colo), Jorge Fucile (Porto), Maximiliano Pereira (Benfica).

Midfielders: Alvaro Pereira (Porto), Diego Pérez (Bologna), Egidio Arévalo Ríos (Botafogo), Walter Gargano (Napoli), Sebastián Eguren (Sporting Gijón), Alvaro González (Lazio), Gastón Ramírez (Bologna), Alvaro Fernández (Seattle Sounders), Nicolás Lodeiro (Ajax).

Forwards: Diego Forlán (Atlético Madrid), Edinson Cavani (Napoli), Luis Suárez (Liverpool), Sebastián Abreu (Botafogo), Abel Hernández (Palermo), Sebastián Fernández (Málaga).
We beat them :cool:

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo, Rivaldo
Pato and Ganso are completelly ok to play.
I cant wait to see this.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Jadson instead of Hernanes :fp:

Adriano instead of Marcelo :fp:

Fred instead of Hulk :fp:

Mano :fp: :fp: :fp:

He still looks much smarter than the Batista though, I have no idea how he can afford to not call up Otamendi and Samuel, I'm actually astonished by how stupid he is.

I actually thought Argentina would win this because I assumed he would be smart, but now its between Brazil and Uruguay IMO.

masterofnaiads

Drummer Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Zidane, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Gattuso, Inzaghi, Rivaldo, Kaka, Forlan, Cocu, Riquelme, Cafu
Jadson instead of Hernanes :fp:

Adriano instead of Marcelo :fp:

Fred instead of Hulk :fp:

Mano :fp: :fp: :fp:

He still looks much smarter than the Batista though, I have no idea how he can afford to not call up Otamendi and Samuel, I'm actually astonished by how stupid he is.

I actually thought Argentina would win this because I assumed he would be smart, but now its between Brazil and Uruguay IMO.

Argentina full squad?

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Argentina full squad?

GK: Sergio Romero (AZ Alkmaar), Mariano Andújar (Catania) e Juan Pablo Carrizo (River Plate)

Defenders: Gabriel Milito (Barcelona), Ezequiel Garay (Real Madri), Nicolás Burdisso, Javier Zanetti (Internazionale), Nicolás Pareja, Marco Rojo (Spartak Moscou), Pablo Zabaleta (Manchester City), Luciano Monzón (Boca Juniors)

Midfield: Javier Mascherano (Barcelona), Lucas Biglia (Anderlecht), Éver Banega (Valencia), Estebán Cambiasso (Internazionale), Javier Pastore (Palermo), Diego Valeri (Lanús), Enzo Pérez (Estudiantes), Fernando Gago (Real Madri)

Forwards: Lionel Messi (Barcelona), Ángel Di María, Gonzalo Higuaín (Real Madri), Sergio Agüero (Atlético Madri), Ezequiel Lavezzi (Napoli), Diego Milito (Internazionale), Carlos Tevez (Manchester City)

I think that one or two changes can happen.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I'm soooo looking forward to this.

Forza Brazil!

TS, Pato and Robinho (Ganso :D) :proud:

Sonny.Bill.Williams

WUNDERKIND
Reaction score
Last edited:

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Chile ...always :cool:

Whoz the coach now?

Edit: Claudio Borghi, wonder what formation he will use...

Preliminary Chile squad for the Copa America*

Goalkeepers: Claudio Bravo (Real Sociedad), Miguel Pinto (Atlas), Paulo Garces (Universidad Católica), Raul Olivares (Colo Colo)

Defenders: Gonzalo Jara (West Bromwich Albion), Pablo Contreras (PAOK Salonika), Waldo Ponce (Cruz Azul), Arturo Vidal (Bayer Leverkusen), Marco Estrada (Montpellier), Bruno Romo (Palestino)

Midfielders: Gary Medel (Sevilla), Rodrigo Millar (Colo Colo), Carlos Carmona (Atalanta), Felipe Seymour (Universidad de Chile), Francisco Silva (Universidad Católica), Mauricio Isla (Udinese), Gonzalo Fierro (Flamengo), Fernando Meneses (Universidad Católica), Matias Fernández (Sporting Lisbon), Jorge Valdivia (Palmeiras), Luis Jiménez (Cesena), Jean Beausejour (Birmingham), Felipe Gutiérrez (Universidad Católica)

Forwards:Alexis Sanchez (Udinese), Diego Rubio (Colo Colo), Esteban Paredes (Colo Colo), Humberto Suazo (Monterrey), Carlos Muñoz (Santiago Wanderers)

*Squad will be cut down to 22 players before the start of the tournament

Last edited:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
I'm soooo looking forward to this.

Forza Brazil!

TS, Pato and Robinho (Ganso :D) :proud:

When is the game going to be played and who are they playing against?

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago
People are begging Ten Sports and Ten Action+ on their FB pages to telecast it :lol:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ten-Action/127772313939462

I think they might do it but the matches will be at bad timings for us, approx 1:30 am the first match and 4:00 am the later match :tongue:

Anyways lets hope Ten Action+ shows it.

Taking a leaf out of our book, aren't they. :D;) Well, last 2 editions were aired by them over here so can expect same.
Only Brazil's & 1 or 2 other matches suit our timings. :(

Anyways, Forza Brazil!! :cool:

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
When is Copa America starting?

masterofnaiads

Drummer Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Zidane, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Gattuso, Inzaghi, Rivaldo, Kaka, Forlan, Cocu, Riquelme, Cafu