Mattia Perin

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Saved 20%(1 out of 5) of the shots faced in the last game.

67% this season(that's also pretty bad).
Compare that to Abbiati's 76%(this is the 4th season in a row he reaches 75%) He's done it with Allegri, Leonardo, Silva, Nesta, Bonera, Zapata, Van Bommel, Nocerino etc..

Perin is probably slightly better than the mediocre Amelia at the moment, but going from Abbiati to Perin would be a huge downgrade and he's far from a good GK at the moment. He's still young, but spending more than 5-6m(transfer fee) on him would be foolish.

Are you for real?

You are comparing Pescara's defense to ours? Even with our worst defensive lineups, it still shits on whatever Pescara comes up with (not to mention they face more shots)

Abbiati is one of the highest rated GKs in the league, so Perin's 67% compared to his 75% is pretty good

And about the last game, almost none of the 4 goals were really saveable. Maybe Balo's second (but doubtful considering the speed with which it went through) and Muntari's (which took a massive deflection of the defender)

Not saying Perin is ready to replace Abbiati. But he is also a keeper who is just 21 yrs old in his first campaign in Serie A with the worst team in it. Too early to fuckin' judge

You think it's by bloody mere coincidence that he has been highly rated?

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Are you for real?

You are comparing Pescara's defense to ours? Even with our worst defensive lineups, it still shits on whatever Pescara comes up with (not to mention they face more shots)

Abbiati is one of the highest rated GKs in the league, so Perin's 67% compared to his 75% is pretty good

No offence, but you come off as pretty ignorant here.

First of all, it's a saves to goals ratio, which means facing more shots isn't necessarily a disadvantage.

Secondly, there's a huge difference between a 67% save percentage and 76%, and 67% is not "pretty good" at all, which you would've agreed on if you weren't clueless on this subject. Most save percentages on this level lie between 65% and 80%. Below 68% over a season is bad no matter what, unless your outfielders continuously run way from the pitch or decide to literally stand still when supposed to defend, giving the opponents all time and space in the world to be as efficient with the attempts as possible. Pescara's outfielders, as bad as they've been at defending, haven't done that. Not even those Serie B teams accused of match-fixing did that because that would've been too obvious.

Thirdly, Pescara's other GK, Pelizzoli, has a much better save percentage than Perin - 71%. Same team, same defenders, same shots faced rate, yet a decent save percentage.

And about the last game, almost none of the 4 goals were really saveable. Maybe Balo's second (but doubtful considering the speed with which it went through) and Muntari's (which took a massive deflection of the defender)

Not saying Perin is ready to replace Abbiati. But he is also a keeper who is just 21 yrs old in his first campaign in Serie A with the worst team in it. Too early to fuckin' judge

You think it's by bloody mere coincidence that he has been highly rated?

All of them(the non-PK goals) were savable.

I didn't judge or predict his potential or future. All I said was he's not a good GK at the moment and not worth the price Genoa will probably be demanding(7-8m+ for 50%).

I don't deny that he's one of Italy's biggest GK prospects, but that doesn't say much. He's been average compared to other non-Italian young GKs such as Ter-Stegen, Trapp, Baumann and De Gea. Sure, some of them are 2 years older, but they were already great at Perin's age.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score

First of all, it's a saves to goals ratio, which means facing more shots isn't necessarily a disadvantage.

Secondly, there's a huge difference between a 67% save percentage and 76%, and 67% is not "pretty good" at all, which you would've agreed on if you weren't clueless on this subject. Most save percentages on this level lie between 65% and 80%. Below 68% over a season is bad no matter what, unless your outfielders continuously run way from the pitch or decide to literally stand still when supposed to defend, giving the opponents all time and space in the world to be as efficient with the attempts as possible. Pescara's outfielders, as bad as they've been at defending, haven't done that. Not even those Serie B teams accused of match-fixing did that because that would've been too obvious.

Thirdly, Pescara's other GK, Pelizzoli, has a much better save percentage than Perin - 71%. Same team, same defenders, same shots faced rate, yet a decent save percentage.

I didn't judge or predict his potential or future. All I said was he's not a good GK at the moment and not worth the price Genoa will probably be demanding(7-8m+ for 50%).

I don't deny that he's one of Italy's biggest GK prospects, but that doesn't say much. He's been average compared to other non-Italian young GKs such as Ter-Stegen, Trapp, Baumann and De Gea. Sure, some of them are 2 years older, but they were already great at Perin's age.
I gotta say I agree. Perin makes really awesome moves sometimes but there were a lot of games where they got killed by like 4 or more goals when he played. So I would say its safe to say at least this summer, we shouldn't consider him.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
I would love us to buy 50 percent ownership, and let him develop at a smaller club for a few years. Meanwhile we should get Krul or Marchetti.

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score

goodfella/ anybody else: where do you get all those statistics from like save percentage etc?

RossoneriTifosi

Beginner
Reaction score
he wasnt ready to play for a big Club such as milan last season, but the potential is there, he had a few really good games, but if he plays a good season at genoa, i think we should buy him Next season, or loan him with option to buy, as this problably will be abbiatis last season, it also depends on how gabriel plays this season

TAZIO.N

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Sebastian Frey gone to Turkey,so it's a perfect chance for him to be a 1st choice keeper at Genoa..

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
If Perin plays a good season at Genoa, he'll be worth at least 10 mill, and probably some rich club will ask to buy him ... not sure if Galliani will invest that money for a GK, especially considering
-a- The GK area has been traditionally one of the weakest / least paid attention areas for Milan.
-b- We already have Gabriel, and probably next year if he keeps growing ... it will be him and Abbiati alternating with each other...

belloefamoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
If Perin plays a good season at Genoa, he'll be worth at least 10 mill, and probably some rich club will ask to buy him ... not sure if Galliani will invest that money for a GK, especially considering
-a- The GK area has been traditionally one of the weakest / least paid attention areas for Milan.
-b- We already have Gabriel, and probably next year if he keeps growing ... it will be him and Abbiati alternating with each other...

we will offer silvestre for half Perrin next year if Perin play well. don't worry :D:D:D

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Anyone see his save from Klose?

I still hope we get this guy.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Pretty stupid to include shots off target as saves.

Here's a more accurate one.

29z3o6p.jpg

73.2%

That's pretty good. But he also had that at this time last year, only to end it horribly.

Abbiati:proud:

belloefamoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
i judge Perin better than Gabriel. he remind me young buffon! fantastic reflexes, composure, calmly!

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Agreed plus he's Italian, Milanista + SES best friend.

50% Niang or 100% Constant for half should do the trick.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yep mea culpa.....multi tasking after night out clearly inst way to do :D

Where did you get those stats ?

NBC Sports

Agreed plus he's Italian, Milanista + SES best friend.

50% Niang or 100% Constant for half should do the trick.

Another young and promising, but still not an actually good GK is the last thing we need for the GK department.

We need someone who's ready to become Milan's first keeper NOW.

Perin is not it.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
NBC Sports

Another young and promising, but still not an actually good GK is the last thing we need for the GK department.

We need someone who's ready to become Milan's first keeper NOW.

Perin is not it.

Maybe but last time I checked Genoa's higher in the league table :lol:

Anyway, he's definitely better than Gabriel + should be our next Genoa player.

Last edited:

Sovilhelm

Maestro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Dinho, Ronaldo, Seedorf, Gattuso, T.Silva, Beckham, ZLATAN
I'd say we skip him

Sovilhelm

Maestro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Dinho, Ronaldo, Seedorf, Gattuso, T.Silva, Beckham, ZLATAN
He's already like 6.5 mil according to transfer, he won't come cheap even if its genoa

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score

:fp::fp:
Gabriel has been great so far with his only mistake against Fiorentina and all of the sudden he is crap. :fp:
Perin? Good keeper, but not there yet plus I do not think he is Buffon heir. He cannot even beat Bardi or Leali for Italy's youth NT.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Last time I checked, Atalanta is also higher in the league table.
Doesn't mean we should get Migliaccio.

Abbiati tend to start the season terribly and end it incredibly - finishing it with one of the 2 or 3 best save percentages in the league.

Perin also started last season well, but ended up with one of the worst save percentages.

I don't think Abbiati's poor and injury-ridden season starts are acceptable though. But he should be replaced by someone better than Perin, Gabriel or that overrated Krul.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Gabriel has been great so far with his only mistake against Fiorentina and all of the sudden he is crap. :fp:
Perin? Good keeper, but not there yet plus I do not think he is Buffon heir. He cannot even beat Bardi or Leali for Italy's youth NT.

:lol::lol::fp: Who said Gabriel's crap? He's not but Perin's much better.

Btw NT mean nothing. Perin's had 2 seasons in Serie A whilst Bardi's just starting + Leali's in Serie B :lol:

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Last time I checked, Atalanta is also higher in the league table.
Doesn't mean we should get Migliaccio.

Abbiati tend to start the season terribly and end it incredibly - finishing it with one of the 2 or 3 best save percentages in the league.

Perin also started last season well, but ended up with one of the worst save percentages.

I don't think Abbiati's poor and injury-ridden season starts are acceptable though. But he should be replaced by someone better than Perin, Gabriel or that overrated Krul.

Obviously but with what money?

Given we're broke + :g: loves Genoa players Perin's the best bet.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
:lol::lol::fp: Who said Gabriel's crap? He's not but Perin's much better.

Btw NT mean nothing. Perin's had 2 seasons in Serie A whilst Bardi's just starting + Leali's in Serie B :lol:

R u for real? R u Allegri? That would explain a lot.
Hey, fuck Balo, Matri is 1000 times better, right.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
R u for real? R u Allegri? That would explain a lot.
Hey, fuck Balo, Matri is 1000 times better, right.

:fp::lol: You were talking about YOUTH NT moron. They're meaningless.

Btw Italy U-20 playing tonight full of Serie B players :lol::lol:

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
:fp::lol: You were talking about YOUTH NT moron. They're meaningless.

Btw Italy U-20 playing tonight full of Serie B players :lol::lol:

They are meaningless if Perin was never called for Italy's youth NT but when he could not beat Bardi even when Perin one of the hottest keepers in serie A says a lot.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
They are meaningless if Perin was never called for Italy's youth NT but when he could not beat Bardi even when Perin one of the hottest keepers in serie A says a lot.

Not sure what's funnier your posts or Bardi's own goal :lol::lol:

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Obviously but with what money?

Given we're broke + :g: loves Genoa players Perin's the best bet.

Prezioci isn't going to give us Perin for free. iirc, he refused to sell 50% for 5m.

For 8-10m, you can get an actually great GK.

Gallini will hopefully fuck off after this season.

Not sure what's funnier your posts or Bardi's own goal :lol::lol:

They're both overhyped and probably also overpriced.