The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Football

Football Talk about the wonderful game.

Old 12-10-2011, 03:52   #2641
Yoshi
ahmedwuzhere

Fav. Players: Ronaldo(R9), El Shaarawy, Nesta, Neymar, Montolivo, Maldini, Dinho, De Sciglio, Iniesta, Pato

David Luiz with the own goal
Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 04:27   #2642
SpartanMilan
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, De Rossi, Schweinsteiger, Pippo, Forlan, Alex Morgan <3, Pato

Alves off, PK for Mexico

Signature
SpartanMilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 04:30   #2643
SpartanMilan
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, De Rossi, Schweinsteiger, Pippo, Forlan, Alex Morgan <3, Pato

and Jefferson saves it!

Signature
Old 12-10-2011, 04:32   #2644
Redman10
AC Milan Icon

Brazil was the better team but Alves
Redman10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 05:06   #2645
yagami7gnr
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redman10 View Post
Brazil was the better team but Alves
Brazil had more possession but it was not the better team. Alves should never play another game for Brazil NT anymore. He can pull that crap in Barcelona and not be called a foul.
I repeat again Neymar is Brazil's Cristiano Ronaldo. I would never like to see either of them wearing the Milan jersey.
yagami7gnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 05:10   #2646
SpartanMilan
AC Milan Icon

Brazil needs better linkup play, I think Kaka should get recalled, and I think they will look better when Robinho is healthy, he is a much better option than Neymar right now.

what does the Brazilian FA have against Hernanes? it seems like he has gotten far fewer chances than a player of his ability should have received, I think he should be starting for them

Signature
Old 12-10-2011, 05:22   #2647
Yoshi
ahmedwuzhere

Fav. Players: Ronaldo(R9), El Shaarawy, Nesta, Neymar, Montolivo, Maldini, Dinho, De Sciglio, Iniesta, Pato

What a goal by Ronaldinho!
Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 05:23   #2648
yagami7gnr
AC Milan Icon

Nice goal by dinho but still they are sucking badly.
Old 12-10-2011, 05:25   #2649
yagami7gnr
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanMilan View Post
Brazil needs better linkup play, I think Kaka should get recalled, and I think they will look better when Robinho is healthy, he is a much better option than Neymar right now.

what does the Brazilian FA have against Hernanes? it seems like he has gotten far fewer chances than a player of his ability should have received, I think he should be starting for them
I think he pulled his inner Felipe Melo in his friendly against France which it was really a stupid play by Hernanes.
Old 12-10-2011, 05:28   #2650
VeneMilan
Senior Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yagami7gnr View Post
I think he pulled his inner Felipe Melo in his friendly against France which it was really a stupid play by Hernanes.
Still, he shouldn't be ostracized for one incident. Come on the guy deserves more opportunities.
VeneMilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 05:40   #2651
yagami7gnr
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeneMilan View Post
Still, he shouldn't be ostracized for one incident. Come on the guy deserves more opportunities.
I did not say that he does not deserve an opportunity. I saw him play for Lazio last season and I think he is a great player. I thought that the foul he committed was out of character but terribly stupid.
Old 12-10-2011, 05:41   #2652
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Suarez, Tevez, Montolivo, Bonera, Abate, Abbiati, Kucka

Mexico:
Population 112 million
Great/good players: 4..Chicharito, 32 year old Marquez, Guardado and Tottenham's constanly loaned out dos Santos

Uruguay:
Population: 3.5 million
Great/good players: 9 (Suarez, Forlan, Cavani, Perreira, Lugano, A.Hernandez, Gargano, Coates, Muslera)

How is this possible? Mexico can't blame it on lack of interest in football in the country. Mexico has the population, football culture and the segregated society to compete with Argentina and Brazil.

Last edited by Goodfella; 12-10-2011 at 05:43.
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 05:51   #2653
SpartanMilan
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
Mexico:
Population 112 million
Great/good players: 4..Chicharito, 32 year old Marquez, Guardado and Tottenham's constanly loaned out dos Santos

Uruguay:
Great/good players: 9 (Suarez, Forlan, Cavani, Perreira, Lugano, A.Hernandez, Gargano, Coates, Muslera)

How is this possible? Mexico can't blame it on lack of interest in football in the country. Mexico has the population, football culture and the segregated society to compete with Argentina and Brazil.
I dont think that is really a fair comparison, Uruguay is in the middle of a Golden Generation, they have the best population to quality players ratio of any nation in the world right now

Signature
Old 12-10-2011, 05:52   #2654
yagami7gnr
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Mexico:
Population 112 million

Uruguay:

If we talk about technical talent Argentina and Brazil are million of miles ahead of Mexico plus they overhype their NT in every world cup I remember.
Old 12-10-2011, 05:54   #2655
SpartanMilan
AC Milan Icon

Mexico would get an instant upgrade by switching back to their '98 WC kits, easily one of the coolest ever

Signature
Old 12-10-2011, 05:55   #2656
Goodfella
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Suarez, Tevez, Montolivo, Bonera, Abate, Abbiati, Kucka

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanMilan View Post
I dont think that is really a fair comparison, Uruguay is in the middle of a Golden Generation, they have the best population to quality players ratio of any nation in the world right now
Yeah, maybe a bit unfair to pick Uruguay but try to switch it with Argentina with it's 40 million population. Doesn't matter which generation, Argentina are superior to Mexico.
Goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 06:16   #2657
FaRa13
Kuq e Zi

Fav. Players: Zidane, Ballack, Pirlo, Gerrard, van Bommel, Schweinsteiger, De Rossi

Quote:
Yeah, maybe a bit unfair to pick Uruguay but try to switch it with Argentina with it's 40 million population. Doesn't matter which generation, Argentina are superior to Mexico.
population doesnt matter, its football culture-like you mentioned. If it were stricltly population, india, indonesia, and china would be world class
FaRa13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 06:24   #2658
SpartanMilan
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
well it is an interesting issue to look into for sure why some nations continue to stay near or at the top of international football (Brazil is the biggest example, but Italy, Germany, and Argentina also qualify I think) while others even with strong football culture dont, or at least not consistently, like Mexico or even the UK

I would guess there has to be a big element of how players are developed, and luck and chance are huge parts of that too, two examples- Torres wanted to play GK as a kid and I believe his mother made him play striker, so that could be a potential WC player down, and I read that Ibra enjoyed working on the docks when he was young and had to be persuaded to play football. who knows how many potential WC players have taken the other path that has kept them from becoming great players

Signature
Old 12-10-2011, 06:37   #2659
Senatore_M84
'The King of RnB'

Fav. Players: Clarence Clyde Seedorf

Quote:
Mexico:
Population 112 million

Uruguay:

No offense, you don't really know much about mexico. Aside from Chicarito/Marquez, i don't even think they have there best players...

Mexican league is highest paying league outside the top 4 in europe.

Ok Gio has started performing very well for national team and has world class potential. He just needs to move to a new club.

But aside from those...

-Pablo Berrera (plays for Zaragoza) is better than Guardado
-Salcido... VERY good left back
-Ochoa, IMO hugely overrated in north america (you have no clue how mexicans jizz over him being 'next cassillas' but he is a pretty good keeper none the less)
-Agular, good defender
-Torrado, i fucking HATe, dirty bastard but a very good DM

I could keep going but know, they almost all play in mexico for club america, Chivas, Pachuca, UNAM etc.

Keep in mind these clubs go play Copa Libertadores. Which means regular 9+ hour flights (mexico city or Guadalajara to Sao Paolo is 9.5 hours) do it midweek and perform. They almost always get out of the group stages. Chivas got ot Copa Libertadores final in 2010, atleast 1 mexican teams will always reach quarters or beyond... Thats NOT easy considering travel and unfamiliarity.

Make no mistake, mexico'sissues are mostly to do with coaching and constant hiring/firing and politics. But when they are set up well, they dominate the region, and have arrogance. They wanna only be considered v. Brazil/Argentina/South american teans, and they are talented enough to always reach last 16 and beyond in World cup. It's NOT a talent issue.

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACmen View Post
Only Milan can punish it's own fans by qualifying for CL. I'm off to sleep, another year wasted. When will this fucker be fired..
#RnB
Senatore_M84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 06:59   #2660
crazy4milan
Exotic Stevie G

Fav. Players: Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida

I do think that considering that considering the quantity of people + quantity and diversity of resources available for football + the football crazed culture that exists there (+ the competitiveness of their championship), Mexico should be among the top of the top. It's something I've discussed to death in here.

BUT that doesn't mean they just have 4 great/good players, I understand now Uruguay is the "in" team (and I love them and footballing wise I loathe Mexico), but easily Mexico has players on the level of Pereira, Hernández, Coates, Muslera, or even better, and they have always had them (Carlos Hermosillo, Blanco, Luis Hernández, Davino, Garcia Aspe, Huguito...).

And there's so many factors comming into play that affects Mexico...The issue as said above me is that their league has always paid their players too well so they don't like going out, it has changed a bit (specially cause of the insecurity levels existing in Mexico), but players still have really good conditions to stay in Mexico (their home at the end of the day).

And to be fair their players have never really had the best biotype (which is part of the roots, and I know it, we have in part similar roots, as well as most of central america, mexicans are usually known to be "chaparritos"-been to DF at age 15, I'm tiny, I was taller than 70% of the people I saw there- and if you notice they're not great atheletes, like most in this region), it's changing in newer generations, but you can still see that their not exactly the type of players european teams are craving for (in terms of body shape).

Oh and the most important thing is that, and they'll be the first ones to tell you, they're playing in Concacaf, and to a point it not only doesn't help their reputation, in terms of competition it's also not the best of places to be if you're a good footballing nation. Uruguay not plays in Conmebol but has the blessing of being between the two greatest football super powers in the continent and among the top 5 ever, which does help.

btw...Barrera is Mexico's best player currently.

Also watch out for their last U17 stars, many are already under the radar of European teams.

Signature
Brocchi si nasce, campioni si diventa

Last edited by crazy4milan; 12-10-2011 at 07:02.
crazy4milan is offline   Reply With Quote