Suso "Jesús Joaquín Fernández Sáenz de la Torre" Thread

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
I'm not sure he can thrive in Grintuso's system.
Given that Gattuso is getting results, it clearly seems that Suso is the one that either needs to adapt (better) or leave. Between him and Hakan I still think Hakan needs to go first, despite his recent partial return to form.

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Tbh he did create chances for his teammates on multiple occasions last night. That's probably the reason Gattuso insists on starting him.

Musa's goal was a direct result of an excellent ball from Suso. He also set up Casti and then Cutrone in the last minute.

But you're right, he's been a shadow of himself since the winter break. He only seems to play for 20-30 minutes in each game.

Yeah, but unfortunately few crosses in the area per game is not enough for us. Samu had a great game against Empoli(?) and few more, so why not give him chance instead.

I'm sure he could work somewhere else, or in some other system but for us ATM, wingers are our only source of creativity... and they are our weak links.

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
GOLD :lol::lol::lol:

At least some Milan fans are coming round to just how average this guy is.

And some of u guys were worried at his release clause LMAO

Fam, I cut my losses as soon as I found out this fucker plays Fortnite. That for me is the ultimate sign of utter trash

Moggster

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Robben, Zidane, Ibra, Nesta, Ronaldinho
Tbh he did create chances for his teammates on multiple occasions last night. That's probably the reason Gattuso insists on starting him.

Musa's goal was a direct result of an excellent ball from Suso. He also set up Casti and then Cutrone in the last minute.

But you're right, he's been a shadow of himself since the winter break. He only seems to play for 20-30 minutes in each game.

Castillejo creates more chances for the team per game and makes space for others, he's quick and takes on defenders dragging more than one opponent to him etc.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Castillejo creates more chances for the team per game and makes space for others, he's quick and takes on defenders dragging more than one opponent to him etc.
O_O

It's since 4 months he's doing nothing of noteworthy. He played 17 games, 16 as a starter since November 2018, realizing 1 goal and 0 assists. Two or three good crosses per game are nowhere near good enough to be considered an undisputed starter. That's actually the equivalent of horseshit for a winger of a team that is supposed to battle for CL. I could grasp why Gattuso insisted in Hakan since Borini was the only alternative. But with Castillejo who has been so much better than Suso in every cameo since January 2019 I don't get why he still starts Suso day in day out.

Moreover, he's slowing down every attack. Like for real. Suso atm could piss off and no one would notice.

Last edited:

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
obviously rino& the gang are playing him just to retain some sort of value for a summer sale, it's quite plain that samu even on a bad day will at least create a good pass\ a dangerous run.

calma.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Milan counter opportunities & transitions with Suso

giphy.gif

Silly Samu expected a run from Suso....
(compare Hakan and Piatek's reactions with Suso's when they saw an opportunity to counterattack)

It's like he's a 40 year old Totti that can't run like he used to, so sacrifices and compensations have to be made by the rest to afford having the legend on the pitch.
But he's not even a proper playmaker.

A Musacchio block(from their chance at the end of the GIF) and two corners later, it was 0-2.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Scandalous is the only description of his usual 2nd halfs of the season I can think of.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Wasn't he the one who delivered 2 great crosses for Samu and Patrick only for them to be wasted? Also, had top speed, judging by game stats (funny, I know :) )

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
he is too good for milan.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Also, had top speed, judging by game stats (funny, I know :) )

2nd, after Castillejo.
30-31km/h is nothing remarkable though. Pretty much all players are capable of it if the circumstances allow it. I've even seen Rodriguez and this season's Higuain there. Suso makes the Top 5 from time to time, like everyone else. It's a pretty useless stat tbh.

With that said, I think his "slowness" is exaggerated.
He's no MBappe, but he's agile and kind of fast for the first 2-3 meters.
He has far bigger problems than pace.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
his problem is he is being overused and needs a fair bit of rest to recuperate. he isn't durable. needs to get stronger. not heavier. I mean stronger and more compact on the ball especially. I always said that he has the ability to be our own arda turan. He is of that mould. His main issue imo is stamina. Unless you are a messi or ronaldo you need to run up and down the pitch for the whole game. Those 2 have special benefits because they are easily capable of making an impact with very little time on the ball.

Tantalis

Heyoka
Reaction score
his problem is he is being overused and needs a fair bit of rest to recuperate. he isn't durable. needs to get stronger. not heavier. I mean stronger and more compact on the ball especially. I always said that he has the ability to be our own arda turan. He is of that mould. His main issue imo is stamina. Unless you are a messi or ronaldo you need to run up and down the pitch for the whole game. Those 2 have special benefits because they are easily capable of making an impact with very little time on the ball.

he needs to leave to make space for niangs return.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
At the moment easily my most hated player at Milan. Mainly because he's not able to transit fast between build-up and attack. He kills so much times the momentum of our build-up by his usual ball-stopping, hogging, waiting, turning inside and then crossing the ball into an area where the opponents have already resettled.

And guys, be very aware of the fact that that's what kills most of Piateks upsides. He's an attacker that knows very well how to time his runs, when to seek – depthness? In Italian it's profondità – and every time Suso gets the ball, he kills Piateks momentum.

Hakan on the other side is similar. But he at least puts very much effort when doing his defensive duties as well. That's what makes him the more valuable player than Suso, eventhough it's obviously not enough to be our main winger going into next season.

That said, Suso must be benched. At least for a couple of games. We're not doing him a favor by giving him every week more minutes to reduce his value until even his release clause of 38M will be considered too high for other teams.

jurinius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Cafu Boban Pirlo Inzaghi Shevchenko Leonardo Van Basten Ambrosini
Such a joy to watch this team playing without Suso, U will see more crosses from that right side, the other players are suddenly moving really well !

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Suso had his best performance since god knows when ... and even then it wasnt enough

Sell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
Better performance today and varied positioning well. Caught the shoot on sight disease for a while in the second half and was frustrating for periods, but combined well with Hakan and Borini after we switched up the formation. Worked far harder today than usual as well, so props for that.

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Toothless once again and killing momentum as usual. For a winger, especially for one asking for a contract extension with 4M per year wages, another no-no-game. Even Borini pushed more, that's quite telling.

Looked better in the 3-4-2-1 after the double-change tbf tho. Maybe Rino realizes that Suso is missused as a pure winger in a 4-3-3 formation.

But overall one, two passes here and there aren't enough for an attacking player supposed to constantly create, assist and score.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
He wasn't that bad. He had good contributions in offense. Defence we know he's shit

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Once it was evident to the coaches that he couldn’t do anything against Lulic and Bastos, they moved him to the center. Where his sharpness drops, but game contribution improves. So at least we were playing with 11 contributing players from that point.

But long term, Suso if he’s not in blistering form in that right wing, is not an option for a Milan trying to improve on this 2018-19 season at all.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
He was better than last few games. Also, my theory is that opponents focus more on our right flank, because the left one is so sterile (RR+Borini/Hakan). 1st half of season him, Kessie and Calabria had more space and were a constant threat. I doubt all of them got this shit so suddenly.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Not anymore.
Rino's pretty much the only one who still believe in him.

De Jong.

Schedule