Lucas Paquetá Thread

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
He gonna set Serie A on fire, and not even refs can do anything about it, just watch. Insta impact

Hypee

:star:

I think he'll be the first big signing success we've had since Ibra.

Fuck all haters.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
What's a 'mezzapunta'?

Yes, a half striker literally. Italians mean a forward who plays just behind the striker when they say mezzapunta. That could be central or wide. But not a winger in the traditional English sense ie not someone who just runs into byline and crosses. For instance, Seedorf and Kaka both were playing this role when we played 4-3-2-1 with both of them behind the striker.

Dybala often plays this role for Juve, when he plays just behind the striker.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
You could just have said a second striker. Why must you always complicate things

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
You could just have said a second striker. Why must you always complicate things

Maldini used the term mezzopunta to describe Paqueta, not I.

And some things are, sadly, complicated. Italians refer to a second striker as seconda punta, which is someone who is very definitely a forward and plays centrally - and contributes little to defending. A good example is del Piero.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Mezzopunta and seconda punta are used to describe the same thing. There is absolutely no difference between them. 2 words - same meaning

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Yes, a half striker literally. Italians mean a forward who plays just behind the striker when they say mezzapunta. That could be central or wide. But not a winger in the traditional English sense ie not someone who just runs into byline and crosses. For instance, Seedorf and Kaka both were playing this role when we played 4-3-2-1 with both of them behind the striker.

Dybala often plays this role for Juve, when he plays just behind the striker.

:thumbsup:

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
New Milan signing Lucas Paquetá is joined by his brother Matheus, who is having a trial period at Silvio Berlusconi’s Monza.

According to MilanNews, 23-year-old Matheus Paquetá is set for a run of training sessions with Monza, who are currently 12th in the Serie C Girone B table.

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
Good lucky Luquinhas!
Shine on kiddo!!

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
Whats your opinion on him?

He has everything to do well. Flamengo plays same way Milan. He reminds me a bit of Rivaldo from 1993. He plays mainly where Kessie plays.
If Gattuso manage to give him freedom to connect the middle with the attack will be great, a trequartista type.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Early Rivaldo is high praise indeed. I hope he connects the midfield to the attack as well, rather than being pushed down in the 3-men midfield. Let’s see how he looks in the first matches.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
He has everything to do well. Flamengo plays same way Milan. He reminds me a bit of Rivaldo from 1993. He plays mainly where Kessie plays.
If Gattuso manage to give him freedom to connect the middle with the attack will be great, a trequartista type.

Sounds good :thumbsup:

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score

I posted the exact same thing a few weeks ago. The similarities in their playing styles is uncanny although Rivaldo seems quicker and stronger offensively whereas Paqueta's better defensively.

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Given he's a Brazilian mid and Kaka's no.1 fanboy I officially christen him "Kakqueta" :cool:

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
I don't know this guy and I don't know what to expect

but people are already expecting him to be our saviour simply because we have no one else to give us hope. Let me remind you that he's 21, never played in Italy/Europe before and is coming to a dysfunctional team and the expectations are high given his sum. Thats's not an easy place to start. Gattuso might even go easy on him an integrate him slowly.

We really need a wonder kid bad, I hope he does well.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Wouldn't it be better to flip Paqueta and Hakan in that formation? And I'd rather have Kessie in that role than Biglia, because he doesn't have the legs for it.

Kesie doesnt have technique and brains to be tempo man

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
Can’t wait to see him play today!

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players

I posted the exact same thing a few weeks ago. The similarities in their playing styles is uncanny although Rivaldo seems quicker and stronger offensively whereas Paqueta's better defensively.

Exactly. The young Rivaldo did everything on the field even played as a DM. After he became the Rivaldo, he didnt need anymore. :lol:

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Gattuso @MilanTV: "Paquetá? He seems like a European player, even if he is from Brazil. He combines quality, physical strength & immediately understands. He's intelligent tactically, has charisma and always wants the ball. I'm surprised. A great purchase."

So Rino is impressed. Usually he is more cautious when talks about players, especially young

Last edited:

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Brazilian with European characteristics.. sounds like we are right back in the summer of 2003. Pls don’t disappoint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I hope Rino's right, although it's strange for the coach to go all out praising him in every possible way before he has even seen him in a real game in Europe. Hope that doesn't backfire.

There were a few posters saying he's lazy, hence the Ganso comparison, but now it's widely agreed that he's a workhorse? 'bout time we get a midfielder that has technique, athleticism, physical strength, intelligence...

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Who ever said that? He is the opposite of lazy, he is loved among the Flamengo fans. Only "negative thing" ppl ever mentioned is he wasnt at 100% for them in his last few games, after he got sold to us already... which is understandable, kind of.
Wherever i read about him ppl agree he is one of the best players in bazil league, and you dont achieve that by being lazy.
Pls do well here :proud:

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
Some guy, Vasco da Gama scout on MN says hes strong, good left foot but doesnt have great cambio di passo (change of pass???) and is not fuoriclasse....meaning not top top player like Kaka

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
^ Yeah there are quite a few interviews on MN, nice reads.. there is some brazilian dude also who praised him alot.

They also said he prepared for this Milan journey as he already understands Italian, dude learned it before even coming here...

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
#WelcomePaqueta

So, Emerson hasn't greeted him as Milan player? They got Roque Junior and even Rivaldo ....

Albertini

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You are probably more hyped about sensi aren't you

says the guy with a borini avatar

i never rated that guy btw. its just a cheap opportunity for people to diss italian players

Schedule