Official Basketball thread(NBA; EuroLeague etc)

justhope

Milan Icon
Reaction score
splitter played for about 10-15 minutes last games and every times he s missing on rotations, he's supposed to be there to contest what gets by guards.

he s really making spurs look bad on defense when he s replacing duncan

they hadnt played together last couple of games

but when he s in miami usually make their runs

and offensively.. he doesnt even catch the ball without turning it over of fumbling it.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
splitter played for about 10-15 minutes last games and every times he s missing on rotations, he's supposed to be there to contest what gets by guards.

he s really making spurs look bad on defense when he s replacing duncan

they hadnt played together last couple of games

but when he s in miami usually make their runs

and offensively.. he doesnt even catch the ball without turning it over of fumbling it.

but thats the thing

all season they had played together, spurs changed lineup cause splitter guarding a wing was killing em.

Thiago has generally been a really good defender all year. To call him bad in finals v. lebron and co. is shortsided.

He's no duncan. He is definitely better than most of leagues centers

-
eitherway he's a role player. Solid big man.

I see no reason to harp on him, it's not like he's more than spurs 6th-7th offensive option. Might as well say chalmers been x,y,z

give credit to defense.

Last edited:

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
Lebron can't do what he did for 3 quarters the other day that not acceptable. Getting lock up by Boris Diaw, being passive. He needs to stamp his authority on this game from the get go. Spurs have made guarding Lebron look to easy. There should be no answer for him.

I think he goes off tonight.

I think you are asking too much. Nobody not even Lebron can play four quarters like that. he needs to pick his moments and then unleash in the final quarter. But he always had a lousy sense of timing.

he will either go off or get lost tonight. some say its irrelevant in terms of his legacy but imo its crucial how he performs.

What can't happen is heat losing their head w/ no calls in 3rd. In my opinion they were right to complain cause lebron was mauled multiple times w/ no call. But the complaining by wade, lebron, bosh, allen and co. cost them so much on defense

Refs made errors on both sides, but every time Lebron complained about a foul it was not a foul.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Refs made errors on both sides, but every time Lebron complained about a foul it was not a foul.

yeah i thought ref's were really fair.

i mean if you're gonna claim bosh fouled green on last play, you have to consider fact splitter's screen on the same play was the most illegal screen of all time, which would have turned ball over.

but having watched the game 3 times now (cause i only watch nbaTV these days), i'd say lebron had a lot of fouls not called in 3rd which were.

IE- he got hit going to rim, knocked over. Replay shows direct duncan or kawhi contact on his arm. Basic fouls. Ref's missed.

it happens. Like I said, no issue as long as it isn't heavily scewed

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
#1 prospect for 2014, who's hyped as best wing prospect since lebron...

in his first scrimmage (he's 17 or 18)

that's cole aldrich (Nba player) he's dunking on

scouts love him, saying he has franchise caliber talent.

He's canadian. Along w/ this guy anthony bennett who will be a top 5 pick and reminds me a lot of larry johnson or paul millsap, canada might have a nice little team in futurew

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
he looks the real deal. incredible elevation, quickness, handles... look out

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
he looks the real deal. incredible elevation, quickness, handles... look out

i wanna see him play.

we heard about this from harrison barnes for ex. (and i think barnes wiwll be a very good player... but no way he reaches kobe level, which was his supposed hype)

that said, the whole 2014 class has some reallllly promising looking players

Jabari Parker looks great (broke all rose's chicago HS records), though parker is more a SF/PF who gets melo-esque comparisons for skill level

Randle is a PF going to Kentucky who has been calld second coming of Webber because of athleticism + passing/ball handling. I caught him play once, i saw it.

However every scout has Wiggins as clear #1.

Every now and then you get a perfect storm draft

-

This upcoming 2013 draft is pretty mediocre. There appears to be some good diamond in the rough types, some talent for sure. But no real all-stars, no real superstars.

like Trey Burke might be best PG. He reminds me at best of like Ty Lawson, which is a good player but not 'great'

Nerlens Noel, he looks the part of a center who can block shots, play D but not score a lot (LArry sanders). I wouldnt expect any true 'franchise players' in 2013 draft in a month

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Harrison Barnes is a little bit slow.. but hes still an allstar in the making. he had a great plaoffs

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
actually kid who's most intriguing is ukranian center- alex len

7ft1, very agile (was in gynmastics in ukrane, picked up bball at 13)

played college ball at maryland. Only 20

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Harrison Barnes is a little bit slow.. but hes still an allstar in the making. he had a great plaoffs

it's weird... cause athletically he tested off the charts and in high school he was ultra athletic (i suppose some of that is competition level deceives you). Something about him reminds me of like Danny Granger or a more smooth paul peirce (young peirce im talking if you remember). That'd be a dream...

barnes is kinda more a 'smooth' athlete as opposed to quick. As opposed to like Westbrook or Blake Griffin who are quick off first step.

-

I like him going forward. I think he'll take a bigger role in our offense next year.

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
Wiggins?

Jordan and the Bobcats will pass on him.

rossonero23

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, nesta, gattuso, seedorf
spurs will lose tonight. i fear we will get slaughtered by at least 20 points. i think san antonio is out of gas.

game 6 was the most important game, we were champs.lol then pop threw it away along with the ref's.:(

no way in hell a team wins a road game 7

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
spurs are experienced, NEVER lost a final before.

they got this in the bag.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
spurs are experienced, NEVER lost a final before.

they got this in the bag.

heat are more experienced

never losing in finals is irrelevant

last finals they went to tim duncan was 31, manu was 29, parker was 25

the ones before that, even younger.

Since lebron moved to miami he's never lost a game 7.

-

but reality is, none of this matters. Experience would matter if this was miami's first dog and pony show

Danny Green, Thiago Splitte,r Kawhi Leonard, Gary Neal have never played in a game 7... first finals

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Heat with great defense!!!!

Forgot to post it but honestly expect a low score game

Close out game with 2 tea capable of great d. Refs swallow whistles andjustmore attention to detail than ever

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
So far Allen playing wonderfully. Calm and collected.

Schedule