Week 2: S.S.C. Napoli - AC Milan 25/08/2018 20:30 CET

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Romagnoli Beckham Berlusconi Pep Donnarumma
Caldara is a noob in back 4 based on interviews he gave. I'd rather have Musa starting

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Musa to start over caldara. He needs to get the feel of the squad and roma in training.

Youth

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
What makes you think Gattuso is starting Musa? I think the chances are that Caldara will start, with a minor possibility of Musa starting.

Caldara is a new player for Milan (less than a month playing for Milan), is still young and never holds pressure on big club. CB is also a vital position in a team. On the other hand, Musacchio is more experienced, has been already playing for one year with Milan including with Romagnoli. The quality of one of them is not superior to the other. Base on all these, it is understable that the coach would pick Musacchio ahead of Caldara except Caldara shows something significant that Musacchio does not have or lacks of.

I tip Caldara as regular CB for us this season but not in the first games of the season.

punisher

God Bless Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko
difficult away match.....

3 points for milan

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Romagnoli Beckham Berlusconi Pep Donnarumma
Maradona
Calabria - Musa - Capitano - Ricrod
Kessie - Biglia - Jack
Suso - Higuain - Samu

A draw wouldn't be so bad

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
Screw Napoli. Tanked the UCL last season just to come up short in Serie A. The points easy for Milan.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
Person1: Musacchio
Person2: Caldara
Person3: Musacchio
Person4: Caldara
Reality: Zapata

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
Zapata will find himself in the starting XI until he is inevitable dropped, same story every year.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
Why cant this be on fucking sundayyyyy.

Never been so excited for an opener and I can't fucking see it because I'm in a 30 birthday. Travesty.

We'll win this 2-1. Gonzalo, Hakan, and then a defensive error which allows Callejon a goal.

rocknrolla1v1

FORZA MILAN
Reaction score
Why cant this be on fucking sundayyyyy.

Never been so excited for an opener and I can't fucking see it because I'm in a 30 birthday. Travesty.

We'll win this 2-1. Gonzalo, Hakan, and then a defensive error which allows Callejon a goal.

Hakan is suspended?

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

Oedipus

Milan Icon
Reaction score
We're Lucky that the game is played in Palermo. I give us a good chance at a good result. (Which would be at least 1 pt)
Really curious about our starting XI

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Win!!

Calabria - Musa - R13 - RR
Kessie - Biglia - Bakayoko
Suso - Higuain - Jack

That's gonna be the team most probably. Unless Laxalt or Samu impress and take the LW spot and push Bakayoko to the bench.

We're Lucky that the game is played in Palermo. I give us a good chance at a good result. (Which would be at least 1 pt)

You can stop wondering now.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Points will be my number one concern this season. Points points points. We have to win every match where we're the favourites, and clinch more than a couple of the difficult h2h. Two derby wins would be absolutely awesome.

We really are underdogs this season. If everything falls into place we're 3rd. If we start fucking up and have to change coach as usual then we're out of the race I think.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
Just read Bonaventura is favourite for LW this week and Castillejo is also in the running. Personally I’d love to see Samu start but not for this game, too soon and not enough time to build chemistry with the team. If we need a spark off the bench it’ll be nice to see him.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
Has to be a hat-trick of uncelebrated goals from our Gonzalo. It's written in the stars

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
Has to be a hat-trick of uncelebrated goals from our Gonzalo. It's written in the stars

Do tap-ins from 5m count?

punisher

God Bless Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko

In Palermo? why?

Do you know the stadium?
Fans are gonna be 50-50?

Thats huge bro if true

punisher

God Bless Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko
Just read Bonaventura is favourite for LW this week and Castillejo is also in the running. Personally I’d love to see Samu start but not for this game, too soon and not enough time to build chemistry with the team. If we need a spark off the bench it’ll be nice to see him.

I agree with you

The spark you mention are exactly what Samu and Laxalt give to our team...we missed that so bad....

But Bakayoko as our only midfield signing was bad business from leo...

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
what a shit piss poor midfield we have rofl. it's a bloody joke. no creativity whatsoever. hopefully we win. cmon higgy.

Last edited:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
what a shit piss poor midfield we have rofl. it's a bloody joke. no creativity whatsoever. hopefully we win. cmon higgy.

I honestly have a good feeling about that midfield, and i think Biglia will find his Lazio form this season.

He is being paired with two tanks now, that will surely take some of the pressure off.

My hope is that Samu impresses and pushes Jack out of the first 11, i can't stand his fucking stupid runs with his head down, crossing & passing to absolutely nobody except the position.

Kessie - Biglia - Bakayoko
Suso - Higuain - Samu

This could be a lethal attack & midfield if everybody performs up to their best. Also it would work better if Gattuso would actually tell the players to pass into space on the wings, something we rarely do.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
Do tap-ins from 5m count?

:lol: Sure they all do. A bit of panache would be preferable, but even for tap-ins one has got to read the game and get into a good position, innit? Superpippo and all that. No point in having balls whizzing just in front of the goal if no one's there to nudge it in.

Goes for Andre Silva, Bacca or Gonzalo (who is not above the tap-in goal from 5m in addition to more spectacular efforts), but for me the important thing is that they score for us!:D

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We don't need creativity in the midfield to win games. But Gattuso has to speed up our play. Let Biglia sit and dictate and let Kessie and Baka loose. They are physical and can run, and we can completely bully teams with them on the field. We really need to see higher pressure this season, and play quicker offensively. Harass opponents in midfield, play the ball to the wings QUICKLY, and get balls in the box.

I'm not saying we are completely similar, but there are free flowing attaching teams like Liverpool and Monaco from two seasons back who score goals at will with not much midfield creativity. You have to create turnovers and move the ball quickly, but I think we can set our midfield up like that. If we play the same slow paced Milan style we've seen for years now, teams will fall deep and we won't break them down enough. Gattuso changed it after montella and had Jack and Kessie running the channels well, and we created a lot of chances last season. All our creativity is in our wingers. Gotta keep that mentality and improve on it. One things for sure, we shouldn't be losing any midfield battles from here out

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
.@cmdotcom reports that Caldara could start along with Romagnoli in defence when Milan face Napoli on Saturday even though Gattuso was heading towards starting Musacchio against Genoa.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
.@cmdotcom reports that Caldara could start along with Romagnoli in defence when Milan face Napoli on Saturday even though Gattuso was heading towards starting Musacchio against Genoa.
Cant wait to see this new partnership.

Schedule