Copa America

Who will win Copa America 2011?

• Total voters

redondo

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona, Rivera, Redondo, Baresi, Riquelme, Aimar, Lucho, Mascherano, Tevez, Maxi, Pupi, Rosales
Ok heres my take on the game. Argentina in the first half played the usual game we have come used to seeing. Making alot of chances but not being able to concrete the goals. First goal came on a pemalty after Lucho was pushed in the area. But Argentina did not convince much in the first half. Second half was much the same until the equalizing goal came. A thundering kick sent the ball a few inches out of Pato's hands and in. Then after Bielsa decided to bring in Rosales for Chelito the team woke up. Chelito is a great player with alot of talent BUT today was just not his day. Rosales played a great game and sent a picture perfect center to "El Pibe" Saviola and el conejito was able to HEAD THE BALL IN!!! Mind you I wrote that in caps because Saviola is one short guy. BUt he played a fantastic game and showed that he has the definition that Argentina has been needing in the past year or so. Solid game was played by all players including alessandro, lucho, and macherano. I would have liked to see more of Tevez but he came in around the 82nd minute. But this game was without a doubt Argentina's best game all year. And hopefully will bring some fans back. I would like to see all the people who said Saviola was not what he is. An awesome goalscorer. And for those who still doubt. Son unos boludos! These young players can reach the level of the greats but we have to have faith in them and give them their shot. Our Futbol will not reach what it could if we keep wanting to go backwards. Memories are fantastic but I am not satisfied with just that Im ready to watch these new players make history, and ready for that third star(world cup) on the jersey that we deserve!!
Vamos Argentina!

5' [1 - 0] Gonzalez (pen.)
61' [1 - 1] Delgado
63' [2 - 1] Saviola
74' [3 - 1] Saviola
78' [4 - 1] Saviola
84' [5 - 1] Alessandro
90' [6 - 1] Gonzalez

Img220908820.jpg

Img220908671.jpg

Img220909222.jpg

redondo

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona, Rivera, Redondo, Baresi, Riquelme, Aimar, Lucho, Mascherano, Tevez, Maxi, Pupi, Rosales
milan_my_love said:
Argentina:6 x Ecuador:1
Mexico:2 x Uruguay:2

Argentina played refreshing football.Saviola's hatrick showed Biesla what he was missing in his first squad.Replace Crespo with Saviola and Argentina will have much better forward showings.

joy for Argentina suppoerters mml.
on current form Hernan is not better than Pedro and Cesar.he will come back indeed.but for now Bielsa should play Tevez and Luis Gonzalez more than he is playing them,
Aimar will not be missed?.we have good back up yes but big star player
like him can win matched with a touch of magic.

~Biski Biskit~

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
None, but thinking of some.
Congradulations to Argentina for a good victory... doesn't it seem that those Argentinians always play better for their country rather than the team? Kily...(scoring 2) doesn't do nothing at Inter lmao, Saviola ... (hat-trick) ... isn't a regular at Barca... Or is it that maybe the compeition is way tougher? Don't even wanna try answer this.

milan_my_love

▼•Moderator•▼
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Gianluigi Lentini, Marco Van Basten, Alberigo Evani, Paolo Maldini & IL Capitano
~Biski Biskit~ said:
Kily...(scoring 2) doesn't do nothing at Inter lmao

First goal was scored by Kily Gonzalez in 5th min(Pen) whereas the sixth one was scored by Luis Gonzalez in 90th min.So,clearly Kily didn't score two times.

Argentine players have developed a habbit of underperforming at big occassions at international level(under Biesla),so assuming that they perform better at the int level than the club level is bit of a FAQ. :conf:

IMO the winning margin was huge even though they were playing meanows Ecuador.

~Biski Biskit~

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
None, but thinking of some.
ohh sorry my bad... I didn't watch the game so I reffered to a scoreboard that someone posted above where it said that Gonzales scored 2 goals, didn't know theres two of them. ;)

Ms. Maldini

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Congratulations to the Argentinian players for a great game!!! It seems Bielsa just might have found the key combination of players for a winning team. Argentina deserved this!

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Costa Rica 0 Paraguay 1 :head: :cry: , damn...five minutes before the final whistle and a penalty kick was the thing that decided a very bad match.

So far Brasil 0 Chile 0.

W.H.I

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gattuso, Shevchenko, Kaka', Pirlo, Smith, Maldini, and many others
Brazil 1-0 Chile
goal by Luis fabiano
Peru 3-1 Venezuela
Peru goal by franfan,Solano,Ariadela
Venezuela by Marioca
Colombia 1-0 Bolivia
goal by Perea

redondo

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
~Biski Biskit~ said:
Kily...(scoring 2) doesn't do nothing at Inter lmao, Saviola ... (hat-trick) ... isn't a regular at Barca... Or is it that maybe the compeition is way tougher? Don't even wanna try answer this.

kily as you now know scored 1 gol not 2.Saviola is regular at barca for your information i tell you further its not for first time he scored goal for Argentina.Saviola is good for any team and no need to doubt his quality of scoring.If you have not seen the game not much point in discussing it here.competition is not way tougher.Its the way you see things.otherwise many young guns won in Argentina with top football and many in Spain did with Valencia.Kily was never inter product.Cuper exported him and after he left kily was disapointing but dont write him off.He is as good left midfielder as anyone in the game.

redondo

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
milan_my_love said:
Congratulations to you Redondo. :beer: :beer:

I wish Argentina to carry on wining ways and win the Coppa America this time.Your post on the game is perfect report imo + happy to see Biesla is giving a go to youngsters and not the once top players like Almeyda.Macherano was very solid and impressive and so to Loucho Gonzalez.

Good luck in coming games. ;)

thankyou mml.Bielsa should had done this some time ago.Rosales and chelito(Delgado) are better than Crespo currently.dont overjoy still some games to be played mml.

Ms. Maldini said:
Congratulations to the Argentinian players for a great game!!! It seems Bielsa just might have found the key combination of players for a winning team. Argentina deserved this!

Thankyou to America. :D .ms maldini i will be more happChelitoy if Bielsa play Rosales as stater and Chelito as replacement."El Pibe".Chelito.Rosales and Tevez are future and whatsmore better future.Rosales showed in 25min he played what he can do.I see these young center forwards day in and day out and yes i say our future is safe.Rosales is going to become a Batigol el-camion in coming time.

tonight Mexico will be a good game.i want Rosales in and chelito on bench and Tevez given more time.he creates a lot.Rosales is good with both feet and creates a lot and his crosssing and passing is picture perfect.His style of play will win millions of hearts in future.i promise it.

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
I saw Brasil they didnt have the best of him but the goal of Fabiano was enough .. hehe he struggled all the game and in the end he scored..

FORZA BRASIL!!!

W.H.I

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Uruguay 2-1 Ecuador
Uruguay goal by Forlan,Bueno
Ecuador goal by Salas
Mexico 1-0 Argentine
Mexico goal by R.Morales

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Argentina ended up losing a lot of oportunities...there was a penalty that wasn't called, and Mexico's goalkepper(Sanchez if I'm not mistaken) did great saves...bad luck...this group gets interesting, Mexico and Uruguay have 4 points, Argentina 3 but has like +4 in goals...let's see what happens on tuesday.

Tomorrow Chile- Paraguay and Costa Rica-Brasil, I know I'm hopping for something difficult, but come on Costa Rica!

W.H.I

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
W.H.I said:
Mexico 1-0 Argentine
Mexico goal by R.Morales
Match review:
Mexico In Argentina Shocker
7/11/2004 4:55:00 AM
Argentina, fresh off their 6-1 dismantling of Ecuador, were stunned by Mexico 1-0 Friday night in Chiclayo. The Albiceleste fall to third place in deadly Group B, one behind Uruguay and Mexico.
Ramon Morales stunned Marcelo Bielsa's men with a goal inside ten minutes. Morales zipped a classy free kick past goalkeeper Roberto Abbondanzieri, who stood no chance on the shot.

The Tricolores proved to be a much sturdier side than Argentina's opening round opponents, who simply collapsed under pressure over the final thirty minutes. Javier Saviola, Andres D'Alessandro and company failed to find the space that killed off Ecuador, despite controlling play for the remainder of the match.

To their credit Mexico was able to sustain threatening counterattacks to keep Argentina honest, thus limiting the numbers thrown forward in the attack.

Goalkeeper Oswaldo Sanchez made a few crucial saves in the second half as Argentina earned a slew of corner kicks. Roberto Ayala had the best chance to equalize, but his header was parried magnificently by Sanchez.

Line-ups Argentina
On Pitch
1 Roberto Abbondanzieri Goalkeeper
2 Roberto Fabián Ayala Defender
3 Juan Pablo Sorín Defender
6 Gabriel Ivan Heinze Defender
8 Javier Aldemar Zanetti Defender
5 Javier Mascherano Midfielder
10 Andrés Nicolás D'Alessandro Midfielder
16 Luis González Midfielder
18 Kily González Midfielder
7 Javier Pedro Saviola Forward
19 César Fabián Delgado Forward
Bench
12 Pablo Cavallero Goalkeeper
4 Facundo Hernan Quiroga Defender
13 Diego Rodolfo Placente Defender
14 Clemente Juan Rodríguez Defender
15 Leandro Fernández Defender
22 Fabricio Coloccini Defender
17 Mariano González Midfielder
20 Nicolás Medina Midfielder
9 Luciano Gabriel Figueroa Forward
11 Carlos Tévez Forward
21 Mauro Damián Rosales Forward

Line-ups Mexico
On Pitch
1 Oswaldo Sánchez Goalkeeper
3 Gabriel Omar Briceño Defender
4 Rafael Márquez Defender
5 Duilio César Jean Davino Defender
15 David Alejandro Oteo Defender
20 Ricardo Osorio Defender
6 Gerardo Torrado Midfielder
8 Pavel Pardo Midfielder
14 Ramón Morales Midfielder
21 José de Jesús Arellano Midfielder
9 Jared Francisco Borgetti Forward
Bench
12 Oscar Pérez Goalkeeper
2 Claudio Suárez Defender
16 Mario Méndez Defender
22 Héctor Altamirano Defender
7 Octavio Valdez Midfielder
13 José Rafael García Midfielder
18 José Salvador Carmona Midfielder
19 Jaime Arturo Lozano Midfielder
10 Adolfo Bautista Forward
11 Daniel Osorno Forward
17 Francisco Palencia Forward

milan_my_love

▼•Moderator•▼
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Gianluigi Lentini, Marco Van Basten, Alberigo Evani, Paolo Maldini & IL Capitano
The only team which holds 65% possesion of the ball and hit the shot 21 times,creates a lot,controls the best part of the game and yet loose the game can never be any other than Argentina.
19_indifferent.gif
waterskiing.gif

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Albertini, Weah, Redondo
Damn Adriano is the man of the hour yeah! ;)

Adriano will be the best striker in the world sithin 2-3 years, why not join our Brazilian contigent at Milan, rather then those Argentinians at Inter? ;) :D :cool:

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Couldn't be worst for me...Costa Rica loses 4-1 , and Adriano a player from a team I hate so much like Inter scored 3 of those :head: ...that hurts...
And it hurts more when we didn't play that bad to receive those 4 goals, I mean we could have lost but for a more decent score like 2-0 or even 3-1...Anyway, Brasil was way more effective than us, and well Brasil is Brasil even if it's a B side...
I just hope that for the next game and for the eliminatories we'll keep on playing the way we did on the 1 half, just adding more attack and more EFFECTIVNESS(that's our low point, we fail to score, we make the chances but we fail them very easily.l I can still remember the WC game against Brasil were we did 17 shoots and score 2 while Brasil did just like 10 or 9 and scored 5)/

Reaction score
Argentina 4- Uruguay 2

even with the worst starting keeper in the tournament Argentina manages to pull off the win. Definately one of if not the best game in the tournament so far.

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
toli said:
Argentina 4- Uruguay 2

even with the worst starting keeper in the tournament Argentina manages to pull off the win. Definately one of if not the best game in the tournament so far.

Damn I missed this game.. it was at 3 clock midnight at me

redondo

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Argentina beat Uruguay 4-2

Ok heres goes
So they stayed at second place and will play Peru in the quarter finals. This game was super tough and a whole lot of fouls committed by both teams but mainly uruguay. They had one player who was kicked out "Bizera" and they still tied 2-2 with a ten man team! But eventually Argentina's pressure got the better end of the deal. And Tevez was able to take some pressure off of the other guys and provided some quick flashes of his amazing potential(he provided the final pass for the final goal of the game)he had a good game even though he only played about 20 minutes. Also figueroa played a great game and showed a constant steady attack. its nice to see the number 9 on that team scoring goals. Ill have some more comments later on. One quick comment is that alot of talk was made about not having the goalie Abbondanzieri start in the next game beacuse he has let in alot goals and in this game seemed stuck to the floor for the second goal but we will see what develops. But ill leave the time of the goals that were scored Now we just have to wait for Peru on saturday.
vamos Argentina!!

Goles: PT 8m Estoyanoff (U), 19m C.González, de penal (A), 20m Figueroa (A), 39m Sánchez (U), ST 36m Ayala (A), 44m Figueroa (A).

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Albertini, Weah, Redondo
Man what a match!!! :eek: :cool:

That kid Tevez is DAMN gooooood! I want him in Rossonero colours in some years time! :D

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
COSTA RICA 2 Chile 1

Late goal at the 93 minute by Andy Herron(I had to shout my mouth since I think he is not national team material, although I stick to my opinion) gave us the win and the ticket to the second round!
We didn't deserved it, but we pass and we scored and that's what counts!

So far Paraguay 2 Brasil 1.

Ms. Maldini

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
toli said:
Argentina 4- Uruguay 2

I think it's very unfair to say that Argentina's goalkeeper "Pato" Abbondanzieri is the worst starting keeper in the tournament. I have to admit, these past few games haven't been his best, but that doesn't mean that he is not a great keeper, very secure, and solid. He just started playing as a starter for Argentina's national team. I think it's too early to say if he is only great playing for the professional teams, and not for the national team.

zantetsuken

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko--Maldini
Go Costa Rica.Since 2002 i am supporter of them.
But i think Agentina will win cuz they are the best.

guimaldini

Primavera
Reaction score
Paraguay 2 X 1 Brazil

Praraguay's 2nd goal was ridiculous... How can Chris be worse than Roque Junior?

Reaction score
Ms. Maldini said:
I think it's very unfair to say that Argentina's goalkeeper "Pato" Abbondanzieri is the worst starting keeper in the tournament. I have to admit, these past few games haven't been his best, but that doesn't mean that he is not a great keeper, very secure, and solid. He just started playing as a starter for Argentina's national team. I think it's too early to say if he is only great playing for the professional teams, and not for the national team.

He never seemed to stand out for Boca, and to say that these games werent his best is an understatement, he has played terrible in this tournament, and is definately playing the worst out of all the keepers. I would much rather see Lux in the goal for the national team.

And for paraguay v brazil, I wouldnt doubt that they wanted to lose. Now they wont have to play Argentina unless they both get to the finals.

Ms. Maldini

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
toli said:
He never seemed to stand out for Boca

really???!!!.....Abbondanzieri has been a KEY player for Boca, if it wasn't for him they wouldn't have won as many titles as they did...

toli said:
I would much rather see Lux in the goal for the national team.

Well, if we're going to talk about who we rather have as a keeper then yeah, I also much rather like Lux for the national team for many reasons.....Lux has already been called to the national team by Bielsa, I'm sure he'll be the starting keeper sometime in the near future.....especially because Cavallero has got to go, soon...

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Abbondanzieri is the key player, he may be having a bad tournament, but have you seen all the saves he has done for Boca(specially in PK's), I have been considering him among the best 7 or 5 keppers in the world.

Lux is good and will have his chance, he is still young...give Abbondanzieri a break for at least this tournament.

zantetsuken wrote:

Go Costa Rica.Since 2002 i am supporter of them.
But i think Agentina will win cuz they are the best.

Nice to have a fan around the world! :D ;) May I ask, what made you to become a fan of ours?

zantetsuken

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko--Maldini
crazy4milan said:
Nice to have a fan around the world! :D ;) May I ask, what made you to become a fan of ours?
No problem :devil2:
I like the way they play and the mentality of the team,they arent like superstars and they make a great game against Turkey.
I hope they will win this day.