The Rumour Commode XXIX: The real Maldoban era.

Which nickname do you think fits best for the Maldini and Boban duo?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
I doubt that he'll be anything special in the future. Too limited for that.

I'm looking at their stats, they scored only 2 more goals than Milan this season... which is almost equaly bad efficiency as ours.

But anyway, good luck. I'm just happy that we'll take 30m.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Makes sense to recall Laxalt as a backup if we decide to stick with 4-4-2. Can cover for LB as in emergency situations and can play LM.

Not the best player but better than spending 10+mil on a back up when we know we are sticking Theo for a long time.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
I preferred piatek to stay, hes not a lost cause, not yet. But if the money received in a role that'll help up then okay.

R.Akbar

Allenatore
Reaction score
Maldoban in 2020:
1. Sign experienced leader(s) for peanuts
2. Making future-money out of benchwarmers (expensive BWs)
3. Cutting OPEX without weakening the main powerhouse

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This goes to show that Spurs were probably offering only 25m or even lower.

Honestly best of luck to him but his attitude has been massively annoying this year. Diving and making those stupid faces when he has the touch of a clumsy giant and finshing worse than Robinho. Then he gave that dumb interview about how his dream was to use go to a bigger club for bigger transfer fees. All the while he was terrible at participating in build up. Really limit player and was badly exposed this season by other teams.

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
I'm done with so-called poachers. It's 2020 sweety and there will not be another Superpippo.

If you're a poacher type, whatever the f that means these days, you must at the very least be great at making runs and always occupy defenders mind. All Piatek did was making it easier for defenders to focus on other attackers, and when he did get into scoring positions he surely didn't score more frequently than any other "non-poaching" ST would've done. :head:

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm done with so-called poachers. It's 2020 sweety and there will not be another Superpippo.

If you're a poacher type, whatever the f that means these days, you must at the very least be great at making runs and always occupy defenders mind. All Piatek did was making it easier for defenders to focus on other attackers, and when he did get into scoring positions he surely didn't score more frequently than any other "non-poaching" ST would've done. :shake:

Yea not sure if our morale affected him but he's definitely limited in terms of what he brings to the table as a player when a 38 year old Ibrahimovic is a significant upgrade.

nekky

Big Muffin
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibrahimovic Kaká T.Silva Shevschenko Pato Nesta Maldini Theo
He's not scoring when he supposed to, this isn't a fire sale, but more to a cut-loss movement.
It's just a normal-causal things

He'll thrive in Bundesliga, he'll be back in top fligt again, Insya Allah.

it will do him good to get dragged down to earth a bit. Guy thought he was hot shit after a good season in serie a. His attitude on the field looked completely different from how he was last season and off field he spew shit about being worth 70M when he leaves us. Just seemed like if he was already planning on leaving before it even started, as if we were some middle step team for him to further his career

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Suso: 'Fought everyone for Sevilla'

Suso said he “had to fight it out with everyone” over the last few weeks to make his dream come true of leaving Milan for Sevilla.

The winger completed his transfer this evening, on an 18-month loan with €20m option to buy, which becomes an obligation if they qualify for the Champions League.

“Both Milan and Sevilla knew full well that my intention was to come here,” Suso told the official club website.

“These were very difficult weeks, we had to fight against everyone, but the most important thing is that I am at Sevilla now. I wanted to come here for some time, we had also tried over the summer, but it didn’t go through and that was a thorn in my side.

“This is the right place to make sure my career with the Spain national team takes off, once and for all. Julen Lopetegui knows me better than anyone else, as I was work him for the youth team as well as him giving me my Spain debut. I couldn’t have a better coach at this moment.”

We understand, we had to fight everyone to include some sort of clause to make it an obligation to take your bitch ass

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
For us to sell Paqueta, I think we'd have to fetch at least 35m for it to make sense.

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
I hoped that we'll have some bold text tonight. :o

GDM knows nothing, he's just insisting that we're negotiating with Salesmaker and Vito. Boooring. :sleep:

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
I honestly feel like Romagnoli would've done a better job than Piatek in his position this season. Not to mention someone like Rebic.
-

I'm not sure if bringing back Laxalt is a good idea at all. Extremely limited player. Rather try to cut the losses and look elsewhere.

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
Why not, he's already our player and we'll save money. It will be stupid to spend money, when we already have LB somewhere on loan who might be open to leave Torino because he's benched there.

He's not worse than these potential signings either.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I honestly feel like Romagnoli would've done a better job than Piatek in his position this season. Not to mention someone like Rebic.
-

I'm not sure if bringing back Laxalt is a good idea at all. Extremely limited player. Rather try to cut the losses and look elsewhere.

Torino probably wasn’t going to buy him.

If we had better offers we wouldn’t have left him leave on loan with option to buy

Better to keep as back up than spending money we could otherwise spend on other positions on a backup LB

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
You guys are perhaps right. I'm not too familiar with the current deal tbh, I just think he sorta sucks.

Given how our team is/should be set up in a way that allows our LB to go forward it does make some sense besides for monetary reasons. It's just that Lax doesn't add anything in offense either really...

Last edited:

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score
Nothing special tbh :o

These were very difficult weeks, we had to fight against everyone, but the most important thing is that I am at Sevilla now. I wanted to come here for some time, we had also tried over the summer, but it didn’t go through and that was a thorn in my side.

“This is the right place to make sure my career with the Spain national team takes off, once and for all. Julen Lopetegui knows me better than anyone else, as I was work him for the youth team as well as him giving me my Spain debut. I couldn’t have a better coach at this moment

Talking about Spain NT and stuff :lol::lol:

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score
I preferred piatek to stay, hes not a lost cause, not yet. But if the money received in a role that'll help up then okay.

Technically he's not a lost cause, but yesterday he was so bad like he has no repsect for us, we couldn't keep someone like him. Yesterday he was totally somewhere else with his mind. That's not professional.

Also, at the beginning of this season, when his starting place was not in question he played like crap. Now that there is competition he wants out already If he's scared of competition he can fck off to bundesliga midtable team.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Hertha will pay less than than the €30 million ($33 million) reported in Italian media. The Bundesliga club will pay €23 million ($25 million) to Milan, significantly less than what Milan paid for the Polish national team striker one year ago.

23m??
Terrible deal if true. Signed for 38m just a year ago. His price must've skyrocketed after his first months. Then he had an admittedly pathetic half season, scoring only 5 goals(2 non-PK), and they immediately decide to sell him for almost half of the 38m?
He's on 1.8m. This is not a Biglia on 3.5m or Borini on 2.5m. He'll always be sellable.
He's only 24, his contract doesn't end until 2023 and he scored 30 goals last season, while playing for two different teams in his first year outside Poland.

RicRod, Piatek, Reina, Borini.......looks like the management bended over for all of them. All of those deals look like favors to the players. Borini was compensated for the contract termination. The Aston Villa 6 months loan deal was nothing but a favor to Reina. The club is granting RicRod his wish to play regularly before the World Cup even though it's pushing the club into signing a replacement that will probably be more expensive and less dependable. Bringing back Laxalt is the closest thing to a solution to that headache.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
For us to sell Paqueta, I think we'd have to fetch at least 35m for it to make sense.

Or used in a swap deal or sent out on loan. Can’t see him sticking around past tomorrow nor does he currently have any place in the team.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
it will do him good to get dragged down to earth a bit. Guy thought he was hot shit after a good season in serie a. His attitude on the field looked completely different from how he was last season and off field he spew shit about being worth 70M when he leaves us. Just seemed like if he was already planning on leaving before it even started, as if we were some middle step team for him to further his career

Odds are more likely that we never hear much about Piatek ever again. Just like Suso and RR lol.

papaberlu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You guys act like these clubs don't use a scouting system and metrics to determine value

Milan can't just send them YouTube videos to sell a player :lol:

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Piatek transfer is 28m including bonuses.

According to Italian media.

23m according to Kicker/German media.

Hopefully the Germans got it wrong.

You guys act like these clubs don't use a scouting system and metrics to determine value

Milan can't just send them YouTube videos to sell a player :lol:

Which guys?
I don't see anyone here acting like that.

If 23m is the highest offer for Piatek at the moment then this is not the right moment to sell him.

mrki

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maldini, pippo, boban
I told u long time ago: arrogant, agoistical, no respect players. Zvone told them to fuck off. Without starting 11 kessie and kebab will behave like that also.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
According to Italian media.

23m according to Kicker/German media.

Hopefully the Germans got it wrong.

Which guys?
I don't see anyone here acting like that.

If 23m is the highest offer for Piatek at the moment then this is not the right moment to sell him.

Who is to say they get better? They can just get worse and worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule