Votes: 11 5.7%
  • One of the two AMs in a 4-3-2-1

Votes: 45 23.2%

• Total voters

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Hmm ... how much would the shirt shales generate? I remember reading that Cronaldo's shirt sales were cosmical figures. I don't expect the same from Honda, but maybe they would make sth like 15m thus making the transfer like a free bet - if he's good he will help us and if he doesn't break through we got the money back through shirt sales and can offload him with a lower price but would be good in the end.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
On a side note: i think we have the most sad financial situation out of all the big clubs that we actually need a sponsor to pay for the transfer of a player who`s worth ~15 millions ,not some astronomic figure in which case it would make it ok.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Milan are giving serious thought to a bid for CSKA Moscow's Japan international Keisuke Honda, according to La Gazzetta dello Sport.

The Rossoneri are already in the process of making contact with Honda's representatives to sound out a possible agreement.

Milan's board are convinced of the 24-year-old midfielder's technical capabilities after watching him drag Japan to the Last 16 of the World Cup.

They have also never lost sight of the commercial opportunities a player like Honda could present.

In fact, such is his following in Asia, Milan could start charging €1.5m for friendly matches while shirt sales would go through the roof.

However, Milan face significant competition for Honda as he is attracting interest from Valencia, Atletico Madrid, Chelsea and Manchester City.

For this reason, La Gazzetta dello Sport understands that Milan's new sponsor Fly Emirates could figure in the deal, as there would be a synergy in signing Honda.

http://www.football-italia.net/jul06b.html

Really hope this move happens and its not just paper talk.He has good skills on the ball,his a runner ,fights for every ball etc.We really could use a player like in the midfield

Same react, It is hard to believe it but not impossible to convince ourself, for sure Fly Emirates can do the Trick, but did you imagine if Honda + Ballo are landing at Milan? (R80 + Pato + Honda +Ballo) it will be like "The Damage Quarto" :eek:

Ball will cost 40-45M (Berlu Gift)!
Honda will cost 15 to 20M

Selling Hunty ---> 15-18M

So Berlu could invest with 25M approximately the same Berlu Gift price in 2007 (R80).

High hopes will sure be disappointed in the soon future :rolleyes:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
On a side note: i think we have the most sad financial situation out of all the big clubs that we actually need a sponsor to pay for the transfer of a player who`s worth ~15 millions ,not some astronomic figure in which case it would make it ok.

We're some broke a** n****z (n/r) but that isn't the case here I think. Fly Emirates just sees an opportunity to make business and may step in. Not like Milan is begging them to step in because we can't afford it.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
yep shirt sales must mean they get a cut from sponsorships right?

No. Fly Emirates would use him(his image) in their marketing for Asia.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
yeah ,just thought they get a cut from every shirt sold ,because they sponsor it

Nah, they pay us to have their name on the shirt :D

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
Honda or Ganso ,

who's better ?

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
We're some broke a** n****z (n/r) but that isn't the case here I think. Fly Emirates just sees an opportunity to make business and may step in. Not like Milan is begging them to step in because we can't afford it.

even then.... if there is such an opportunity for fly emirates to make there money back and profit, again it's BAD BUSINESS FOR MILAN. Because when they start profitting on him, milan won't see the money. That could be money for Milan...

what you thought fly emirates just are going to do it for good will?

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
even then.... if there is such an opportunity for fly emirates to make there money back and profit, again it's BAD BUSINESS FOR MILAN. Because when they start profitting on him, milan won't see the money. That could be money for Milan...

what you thought fly emirates just are going to do it for good will?

No, I meant endorsement deals. No way Milan can get the money Fly Emirates would make in their business. Fly Emirates would get a face for Asian market, Milan would get a player + shirtsales in Asian market and Honda would get into a top-club + better contract.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
No, I meant endorsement deals. No way Milan can get the money Fly Emirates would make in their business. Fly Emirates would get a face for Asian market, Milan would get a player + shirtsales in Asian market and Honda would get into a top-club + better contract.

ok makes sense. I'm unsure fly emirates relation with CSKA? It seems like they think they can act as an emissary to secure player for milan over other clubs.

Reaction score
This signing would never happen. It makes way too much sense. Also, he isn't 30, or approaching it.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Ganso Whitout any doubt, he reminds me the time i firts saw Kaka, Honda is just a good player, maybe not enough to be here.

Thats funny cause ganso is literall nothing like Kaka. Ganso for one is not fast. his technique will tumph anything kaka has ever done but he is not fast.... you could compare him to zidane or fabregas style #10 but no way kaka. Techniqually brilliant, 6th sense, vision, dream..... Honda is more like kaka than him. Actually i'd say ozil reminds me of kak in terms of style...

who is better of the two? I'm not sure... i like both. I have a soft spot for players like ganso but realistically milan need a quicker player. But if we got ganso i wouldnt complain

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Who's better ? :O

Ganso >>> Honda ..

Ganso in future will become a great great player .. He's the next great no 10 .. If u don't believe me just mark it down and see in 2014 .. I still rate him over Ozil .. Dunga was just an idiot for not adding him in the squad ..

Honda's a good player .. hardworkin and active and I really liked him this world cup .. And will be a great marketing tool for milan too and will bring us tons more cash than Ganso or almost anyone else ..Milannews say that Honda could bring us around 1.5 million euros each game televised in Asia. Brand of milan + honda = loads of cash for our management ..

JordanS

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Donovan, Totti, Ronaldinho
Same react, It is hard to believe it but not impossible to convince ourself, for sure Fly Emirates can do the Trick, but did you imagine if Honda + Ballo are landing at Milan? (R80 + Pato + Honda +Ballo) it will be like "The Damage Quarto" :eek:

Ball will cost 40-45M (Berlu Gift)!
Honda will cost 15 to 20M

Selling Hunty ---> 15-18M

So Berlu could invest with 25M approximately the same Berlu Gift price in 2007 (R80).

High hopes will sure be disappointed in the soon future :rolleyes:

Don't hold your breath waiting for this gift lol. I seriously dont think he ever intended to give us one, he just said that to calm everyone down for a while.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Don't hold your breath waiting for this gift lol. I seriously dont think he ever intended to give us one, he just said that to calm everyone down for a while.

and my last sentence was so clear to express my aware and knowledgeable.

Nova Milan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Our only hope is that we start selling players and fast, if we can offload Hunt atleast the pressure is on G to sign someone good and can stop FUCKING toying with us.

In God we can only trust.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Our only hope is that we start selling players and fast, if we can offload Hunt atleast the pressure is on G to sign someone good and can stop FUCKING toying with us.

selling players? forget about it, this is milan! We extend and extend until their careers are almost over and they either retire or walk for free.

on another note, Honda will not be Berlu's gift. I haven't even heard him talking about honda. No man crush, no buy.

Reaction score

Haha, like the intelligent man above me said. We're never gonna sell. We're going to extend Gattuso, Pirlo, and Ambrosini to 10 year extensions. I heard Maldini might be back as well.

They would take those four at their current state over Messi/Maicon/De Rossi/Iniesta if the contracts were the same.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Honda-Milan, Infront will also be beneficial 07/10/2010

Honda-Milan, Infront will also be beneficial

07/10/2010 15:40 by Peter Mazzara

The Fly Emirates, the new main sponsor of AC Milan, is pushing very strongly for the Japanese port of CSKA Moscow, Keisuke Honda.

The Japanese airline sees a possible source of income as Infront would support that choice, as would sell more brand Milan in Asia, particularly Japan and China.

fertygo

Battering Striker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Bierhoff, Pippo Inzaghi, Eto'o, Nedved.
This kind of move always ended sucks, tbh...

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
sign honda--partytime

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago
http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2010/07/23/2038516/exclusive-milan-very-close-to-signing-japan-star-keisuke

AC Milan are close to securing the signing of Japan's World Cup sensation, Keisuke Honda, from CSKA Moscow, Goal.com can reveal.

The Italian giants made an offer of €13m on Thursday, to which the Russian club responded requesting an increased bid of €15m, and now sources from within the Rossoneri are confident of securing the Japanese star's signature imminently.

"We are very close to signing Honda, the clubs are very close to finding an agreement," said the source. "[Milan coach Massimiliano] Allegri likes him a lot and wants to see him playing alongside [Alexandre] Pato and Ronaldinho."

will be a good signing business wise, fingers crossed for footballing part :p

Christian

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.
Honda vs Sevilla, first leg.

Goal in second leg:

Nova Milan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Please make it official soon, dont drag this out till hunt gets sold.

Schedule