Milan - Reggina (10/2/2005)

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This should be another morale booster. Reggina should be no match for us at the San Siro. Juventus are facing Inter, so let's hope we close the gap a little. ;)

MaGasTeR

Pride of Yorkshire
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Kewell, Kaka, A. Smith, Nesta, Bowyer, Rino, Viduka, Sheva, Rob. Keane, Gila, Harte, Maldini
Another easy win :)

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
milanist said:
This should be another morale booster. Reggina should be no match for us at the San Siro. Juventus are facing Inter, so let's hope we close the gap a little. ;)
lollllllllllllllllllll
Is it a race 2 post a game thread.
Lets just wait after the Shalke game. :D

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
3 - 0 for Milan Gila once Sheva twice

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
I guess someone should keep track record of the thread opener so only the lucky charmer should open match thread. Mine's : 1-0 (1 opened, 1 loss by Milan, theSampdoria game).

Reggina should be another easy home win for us. But then again, easy on the final score (2-0 or 3-1) but will prove to be harder on the pitch because we simply refused to kill off the opponent early and will wait for a late goal to seal the win.

Although our home performance has been spotless so far (2 games out of 2, 5-1 goal difference), tiredness from the physical and typical german style CL game vs Schalke can greatly affect us. I guess we can expect Ancelotti to field some of the subs (Serginho, Rui Costa, Vieri, Kaladzhe) as starters. I also expect Vogel and maybe Simic to play. I hope they will play and wanting to prove something to Ancelotti at the expense of Reggina.

Reggina is no better than Treviso, their 2-0 shock win vs Udinese is still not enough to lift them from the bottom 3 with 1 win and 4 losses. Losing the Japanese playmaker Nakamura to Celtics seemed to greatly affected them, while last season's surprise top scorer Christiano Lucarelli is still shooting blank.

I expect 3-0 win from us. Vieri, Serginho and Max.

Last edited:

ARNOLD RIMMER

Second Technician
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, DeSciglio
gaizka22 said:
I guess someone should keep track record of the thread opener so only the lucky charmer should open match thread. Mine's : 1-0 (1 opened, 1 loss by Milan, theSampdoria game).
I have opened 2 and milan won both :)

MaGasTeR

Pride of Yorkshire
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Kewell, Kaka, A. Smith, Nesta, Bowyer, Rino, Viduka, Sheva, Rob. Keane, Gila, Harte, Maldini
milanist said:
Indeed. I just hope we won't be too tired after the Schalke match.
We can beat them with the reserves also :tongue:

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
gaizka22 said:
Reggina is no better than Treviso, their 2-0 shock win vs Udinese is still not enough to lift them from the bottom 3 with 1 win and 4 losses. Losing the Japanese playmaker Nakamura to Celtics seemed to greatly affected them, while last season's surprise top scorer Christiano Lucarelli is still shooting blank.

you mean Bonazzoli ? the one who plays in Sampdoria now .,. coze Lucarelli play still in Livorno..

I will write about this game after Schalke :) .. FORZA MILAN!

Lo Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Pirlo, Messi, Zambrotta, Mutu, Mexes
I'm going to break away from my usual train of thoughts on Milan's prospects of in a game, and say that we may have a chance of winning this one ;)
It will be no easy match if we play in the same mediocre fashion as our other league games to date. But Reggina are in even worse form than us at the moment so we should have enough quality to see them off. Ulthough our performance in this game will be strongly effected by the game with Shalke on Wednesday. I think 2, maybe 3-1 for Milan is a likely score line. I can't see them scoring in open play without the pace and skill of Nakamura, but a leaked goal from a set piece is probable in my view.

MaGasTeR

Pride of Yorkshire
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lo Tsar said:
I'm going to break away from my usual train of thoughts on Milan's prospects of in a game, and say that we may have a chance of winning this one ;)
It will be no easy match if we play in the same mediocre fashion as our other league games to date. But Reggina are in even worse form than us at the moment so we should have enough quality to see them off. Ulthough our performance in this game will be strongly effected by the game with Shalke on Wednesday. I think 2, maybe 3-1 for Milan is a likely score line. I can't see them scoring in open play without the pace and skill of Nakamura, but a leaked goal from a set piece is probable in my view.
Nakamura moved to Celtic ?

gila#11

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
kaka sheva gilardino pirlo
the match is two or three weeks away little late to open a match thread dont you think

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
gila#11 said:
the match is two or three weeks away little late to open a match thread dont you think
Late indeed. :D

It's the next Serie A match, where's the problem?

Lo Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MaGasTeR said:
Nakamura moved to Celtic ?
He did indeed move to Celtic, a stupid transfer for both him and Reggina if you ask me.

gila#11

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lo Tsar said:
He did indeed move to Celtic, a stupid transfer for both him and Reggina if you ask me.
tsar what scottish team do you support?

Reaction score
Let's think and talk about shalke first.....and than....there's enough time for this...but i think later....

Anderson Lima

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini & Nesta
It's not problem to post now here,, but I don't have anything special to say jet here. Of course we'll take 3 points from this match.. but Schalke match sound more important for me.

grande_sheva7

Nesta's calm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo, Fanta Sheva, Pippo mio, Pirletto, Pato, Sandro Nesta, Willy Wonka
i predict 2-0...1st place in prediction league :eek: :eek: muaahaha :tongue:

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
besikaka said:
you mean Bonazzoli ? the one who plays in Sampdoria now .,. coze Lucarelli play still in Livorno..

I was checking Reggina's profile at Soccernet.com before writing the post then I saw his name at the squad list and looked at his stats there, true enough he scored 24 goals last season for Livorno.

But then after reading your reply, I checked the Livorno profile and he is indeed still playing for Livorno (he even scored last sunday) but under 2005 stats, his name was stated under 2 teams, Livorno and Reggina.

I guess i trusted you more. Thanks for the correction. :D

Matmil04

* I still Believe *
Reaction score
Fav. Players
kaka, Nesta, Gerrard and Ronaldinho
this should be the easiest game of the season.i saw all the matches Reggina played and they really suck!
final result 4-0 (2)sheva(1)Kaka(1)gilardino

red&black_fever

Dreamer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Rui Costa, *Il Capitano*, Kaka
letta mathewos said:
this should be the easiest game of the season.i saw all the matches Reggina played and they really suck!
final result 4-0 (2)sheva(1)Kaka(1)gilardino
should and are are completely different things, especially when it comes to Milan ;) .

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ambrosini, Gilardino
i hope milan won't have the same attitude during the game that all the people writing in this forum have coz we will lose it!
The formation depends very much on who will play against Schalke, though I think we will see players like vogel, serginho and vieri playing against reggina.
Reggina lost 2 vital players, being Nakamura and Bonazzoli who is doing very fine with Sampdoria.
I'd for a cool 3-0 victory. HOPEFULLY :rocketwh:

ACMRULE!

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Ronaldinho, Maldini, Sheva
No underestimation of the opponents...that's the trick. As long as the players keep that in mind, we stand a good chance of reducing the gap with Juve and Inter.

milan*7

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Inzaghi, Pirlo, Nesta
They had a crappy start but they're still tied on pts with Ascoli. With Milan, any small team can rise to be one those sides...

Olly126

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
*sheva* *Kaka* *Maldini* *Nesta* *Pirlo*
If it was away i would be worried but cos we're at home we will blow them away...a comfortable 3-0 victory imo. Depends who plays tho id like to see vogel be given again and hopefully ambrosini is fit cos hes been one of our best players....Cafu will prob be given a rest and serginho will slot in at left back :)

Lo Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lo Tsar said:
I'm reverting back to my old way of thinking after tonights performance. We will be beaten 2-1, maybe 3-1 by Reggina. Gila will score an irrelevant goal to keep all his avid fans harping on about how great he is :o

gila#11

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
im going optomistic 3-1 to reggina and gila to score constellation goal whopee

Schedule