Milan - PSV (19/10/2005)

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà
percik said:
The need of chances depends on the many issues and for each team is different.

The main point is whether it enough for
1. wins and result at the end
2. to entertain supporters and other who pays money for the show.

Milan so far produces enough as for me for result, for entertaiment not always enough as Barsa or Arsenal but give presents for us too.
I'm definitely not talking about entertainment because I know that's not easy to find especially in a league like Serie A, even though for Italian league lovers like myself, it is entertaining in its own terms.
I am more concerned about results and I'm not asking the team to create more chances because I wanna watch an entertaining game. It is the performances I saw that make me speak a bit negatively about the team this season. I can confidently tell you that probably the only matches I was satisfied with this season were the ones against Siena, Cagliari and Reggina who are not that strong either. It's true there are other matches which ended with positive results for us, but if you really take a look at the goals you'll observe that many of the important ones were results of individual effort or long range shots as opposed to organized/well played ones:

- VS Ascoli: long range shot by Sheva.
- VS Siena: 2nd goal was once again a long range shot by Sheva while the 3rd was individual effort by Ricky who made his way from the centre until he placed the ball into the net.
- VS Lazio: hardly a long pass from the back, and once again Sheva pretty much did it all (first goal).
- VS Fener: Ricky's deciding goal was individual effort again.
- VS Schalke: long range shot by Seedorf.
- VS Cagliari: another long range shot by Sheva. And as for Gila's goal, no comments :D

I don't mean to be picky, but if you deduct all these goals (that's almost half) from our records this season, you'll see a big difference in the results and therefore our points. The results can be misleading sometimes, so winning does not necessarily mean we're doing well. Of course, individual brilliance is part of the team but it's also not very wise to be dependant on that as football is after all a team game.

Last edited:

persik

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Kyara said:
I'm definitely not talking about entertainment because I know that's not easy to find especially in a league like Serie A, even though for Italian leagues lovers like myself, it is entertaining in its own terms.
I am more concerned about results and I'm not asking the team to create more chances because I wanna watch an entertaining game. It is the performances I saw that make me speak a bit negatively about the team this season. I can confidently tell you that probably the only matches I was satisfied with this season were the ones against Siena, Cagliari and Reggina who are not that strong either. It's true there are other matches as well which ended with positive results for us, but if you really take a look at the goals you'll observe that many of the important ones were results of individual effort or long range shots as opposed to organized/well played ones:

- VS Ascoli: long range shot by Sheva.
- VS Siena: 2nd goal was once again a long range shot by Sheva while the 3rd was individual effort by Ricky who made his way from the centre until he placed the ball into the net.
- VS Lazio: hardly a long pass from the back, and once again Sheva pretty much did it all (first goal).
- VS Fener: Ricky's deciding goal was individual effort again.
- VS Schalke: long range shot by Seedorf.
- VS Cagliari: another long range shot by Sheva. As for Gila's goal, no comments.

I don't mean to be picky, but if you deduct all these goals (that's almost half) from our records this season, you'll see a big difference in the results and therefore our points. The results can be misleading sometimes, so winning does not necessarily mean we're doing well. Of course, individual brilliance is part of the team but it's also not very wise to be dependant on that as football is after all a team game.
I agree about enterteining in Seria A, I think it is really the best show for real football supporters and not for the "pop corn lover"

Concerning Milan's goals, maybe here can be some point. But I would consider every goal as the result of all team at first, cause if Sheva scored (as he did last game), it means he got the ball/pass, had enough time and space that was created by the whole team and did what he got to do as a real top class forward.

Good that you have mentioned Sheva's goals I think that his more usual then ever "goals from long distanse" is nothing other then coach "tasks" and what is more important his (Sheva's and Ancelotti's) preperation to the new period of Sheva's football career that is called (or God, I can't belive) "after 30". So as for the Sheva I think he and Ancelotti did and does it well and we will see new Sheva soon, maybe even as a playmaker. He plays already even more deeper and more with ball even then ever he did.

As for other Milan goal - I think it is the whole team efforts and the main here that they bring result.
Tomorrow I hope for the show too!!
see ya

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
percik said:
I agree about enterteining in Seria A, I think it is really the best show for real football supporters and not for the "pop corn lover"

Concerning Milan's goals, maybe here can be some point. But I would consider every goal as the result of all team at first, cause if Sheva scored (as he did last game), it means he got the ball/pass, had enough time and space that was created by the whole team and did what he got to do as a real top class forward.

Good that you have mentioned Sheva's goals I think that his more usual then ever "goals from long distanse" is nothing other then coach "tasks" and what is more important his (Sheva's and Ancelotti's) preperation to the new period of Sheva's football career that is called (or God, I can't belive) "after 30". So as for the Sheva I think he and Ancelotti did and does it well and we will see new Sheva soon, maybe even as a playmaker. He plays already even more deeper and more with ball even then ever he did.

As for other Milan goal - I think it is the whole team efforts and the main here that they bring result.
Tomorrow I hope for the show too!!
see ya
Are you getting the match? :)

Don Dada

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
David said:
Any streams one day in advance?

The bastards are showing Real Merda vs. Rosenborg here. And that's only because they've got the rights for Primera as well. They wouldn't want to ruin their ratings of Primera with superior football from elsewhere. :head:

Here u go David..DragonTV and ATV on PPlive. For anyone who dsnt know about PPlive, its a p2p streaming program.

Anyways click here to download the program. U can access the channels through the channel list of the program but should anyone have problems, i'll post the exact link tomorrow.

Im getting the match live but if my brothers come home, i'll be stuck watchin it online too cos they're chelsea fans.

:dance:

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Inzaghi9 said:
MILAN-PSV SQUAD
10/18/2005

GOALKEEPERS: Dida, Kalac
DEFENDERS: Cafu, Costacurta, Kaladze, Maldini, Jankulovski, Stam

MIDFIELDERS: Gattuso, Kakà, Pirlo, Rui Costa, Seedorf, Serginho, Vogel

STRIKERS: Inzaghi, Gilardino, Shevchenko, Vieri
No Ambrosini?! :conf: :rolleyes:

Demerio

Photoshop Lieutenant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA-Pandev-PATO
takahan said:
What do you mean by nonsense?
The point is that our midfielder is not creating enough goals currently.
And there seems to have some coordination problem with our striker and midfielder.
As our star attacking midfielder, I am expecting more from Kaka.
I do not know about your impression of our midfielder
but far I am not very impressed by Kaka and our attacking midfielder in this season.
It seems to me that Sheva is always the one who do the scoring and assist in the past.

Thats why because Pirlo is little out of form. Pirlo is doing the job around here. If Pirlo is on fire then the balls are on right place and then the others can develop balls. Vogel cant adept this rytham. Kaka is haveing attacking soul and he loves to dribble and score.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
percik said:
I have one quiestion to you.

What do you understand under DM?

I am looking forward for you answer cause then I think we could discuss the matter appropriatly:star: !
Do u need 2 make a long discussion with every single post u write ?
I already mentioned how I like my formation so just find it + read it.
percik said:
And one more question related ot the last one.

How many chances is enough????
In our last game there was only 1 cross from Serginho toward Sheva.
Gila I didn’t see the hole game not coz he is a bad player but coz we didn’t supply him.
Kyara said most of the things I wanted 2 say.

PS : u don’t need 2 answer me coz I think our midfield is sterile while u think our midfield is just fine.
I really hope u r right & I am wrong.

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Wild said:
Whats wrong with Ambro ?
EXPLOIT THE WEAK POINTS
10/18/2005 4:09:00 PM
Carlo Ancelotti covered a wide range of subjects as he faced the media in the Champions League press conference ahead of the game against PSV Eindhoven. However, the coach maintained that Milan would be out to exploit any weaknesses in the Dutch side. He said: 'PSV have changed their team and rebuilt a new one, they don’t have the same assurance as the side that we faced in last season’s semi-final even though they have conserved the same spirit. We have to interpret the game well and take advantage of the flanks, they have a few weak points we can exploit. I don’t know if they still have the same individuals they had last season. In any case that is a small manner although it is the small things that can decide the outcome of games. PSV played well last year in the semi-final which is pretty natural as they wanted to reach the Champions League final. Gus Hiddink has done well in that, not only is he involved in domestic and Europe games but he is also preparing Australia for their play-off with Uruguay...'

CARLO ANCELOTTI’S PRESS CONFERENCE
10/18/2005 3:47:00 PM
MILANELLO – He spoke and he spoke well. Carlo Ancelotti keeps everything at Milan on a tight leash and he explained it all down to the letter during the Milan-PSV Eindhoven Champions League press conference: ‘I have some doubts about the starting line-up. We will make five changes, maybe even six, in respect to the line-up that started in Cagliari. However, Cafu has recovered. Nesta and Ambrosini are still unavailable. Vieri will definitely play, he didn’t travel to Cagliari because he was the striker who had already played the most and he profited from working on his speed. He is doing well physically and he's in good condition. Regarding the attack, Shevchenko is the only one of our strikers that hasn’t sat out. But, even Sheva will have to reflect on that when it happens. Even though we play with strikers that have different characteristics than his, it doesn’t detract from his game. For the moment, I must try to bring everyone in attack ahead gradually. In fact everyone, except Shevchenko, have small issues to resolve. Vieri and Gilardino need to acclimate and Inzaghi needs to get in peak condition. We must try to bring everyone forward as a group, altogether, without remarking about one specific individual. In any case, at present there is not a substantial difference between Vieri and Gilardino. Gila simply gets into the penalty area more than Bobo. Vieri has played more of a supporting role up until today. If he hasn't scored, then it is also a question of luck.’
Ancelotti then turned to how the team is playing at the moment : ‘Every game presents something new, a new difficulty, situations to improve. If we take the game against Cagliari, we know that we must improve the quality of play and the speed of the build-up. These things will also be very useful for tomorrow night’s game because we will face a different rhythm and different opposition. We must fix those things that we didn’t do well in Cagliari. In any case, in the last match we took to the field in a particularly ordered manner, with plenty of teamwork and the result bore this out.’
Very high on the coach’s list of priorities: ‘We use the rotation system not only for fitness reasons, but also because the whole group is stimulated in the same way. Rotation gives everyone a lift, this is the most important aspect.’

[Source: ACMilan.com]

I really don't know what's wrong with Ambrosini. Was his injury that bad?

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
By the way, Juventus were totally outplayed by Bayern. They didn't even deserve the consolation goal. :D

PUPO

Stiamo tornando
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Seedorf, Pippo, Totti, R80, Messi, Sheva
Fuck, i'm gonna miss the match tomorrow!!
Who invented WORK????????????????????? It pisses me off!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rossoneroid

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
roysandy said:
5-0 gila=2,seva=1,kaka=2
Naah, it is not as easy as when we hit inter 6-0 ;)

Eventhough they lost at fenerbahce with 3 goals to nil, this game definitely will be a tight game for us.

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
Wild said:
Brazil plays with 2 DM since long time now.

Juninho only the last game played but usually Brazil play with the duo Emerson-ZeRoberto.
U don’t need 2 tell me that ZeRpberto play as a left midfield+have attacking mentality coz I know how he play with Bayern.
When Z.R play with Brasil he is a DM.

In 2002 Brasil used played with the duo Gilberto-Kleberson.
And sometime they played Edmilson.
So even then they played with 2 DM.

In WC2006 , Brasil will play 4-2-2-2.
2 DM(Emerson+Z.Roberto) helping 2 CD covering 2 attacking left-right back(R.Carlos + Cafu/Cicinho).
Most games in WC2006 qualification Brazil played this tactic.

If you consider players like Ze-Roberto and Kleberson to be defensive midfielders then even Pirlo can be considered as a defensive midfielder. In fact he is converted and playing in that role preety much like what Ze Roberto did when he plays fro Brazil. Playing with 2 defensive midfielders againt PSV would make it a really boring much. Another important factor with the formation you gave is it seems to depend a lot on players like cafu and Marek to help with the attack a lot. Well Cafu has been a lil out of form this season and Marek just came back from injury so i think thats asking a little to much for now. We should use Rui/Seedorf/Sergino instead of two defensive midfielders.

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
roysandy said:
5-0 gila=2,seva=1,kaka=2

If Gila play ofcourse , but its 100 % that Gilardino will not play ..

Almost official line-up:

Dida,Cafu,Stam,Maldini,Kaladze,Pirlo,Gattuso,Seedorf ,Kaka,Vieri,Shevchenko

Vieri , you most score tonight!

Last edited:

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
HIDDINK: 'We'll play with three strikers'
10/18/2005
MILAN - PSV coach Guus Hiddink held his press conference at the San Siro: 'We'll give Farfan a fitness test. We'll play with three strikers from the start. It's a different situation from last season, we played well and will look to repeat that but look to get the points. We've changed some players but we have a quick side and cannot be underestimated. Different injuries have not gone in our favour. A club like Milan cannot always bring in reinforcements, they bought a great player like Gilardino.'

[Source: ACMilan.com]

P.S.: Gilardino should play the whole second half.

Last edited:

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
roysandy said:
5-0 gila=2,seva=1,kaka=2
lolz lolz, too much roysandy! What for man? :eek: And it's also not that easy. I hope 2-0 or 3-1, that's ok, save our strength for the coming matches. We could use all of our strength if tomorrow is the CL final... I remind that disaster... :head:

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
POSSIBLE STARTING XI’s

Milan (4-3-1-2):
Dida; Cafù, Stam, Maldini, Kaladze; Gattuso, Pirlo, Seedorf; Kakà; Shevchenko, Gilardino

PSV (4-4-2):
Gomes; Reiziger, Ooijer, Alex, Lamey; Ferreyra, Simons, Cocu, Affelay; Beasley, Farfan

PREDICTION

Without the presence of Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink to challenge the Milan defense in the air, the speed of Beasley and Farfan will at least keep the Rossoneri backline honest, especially since Nesta is unavailable. PSV are not the same side which almost embarrassed Milan last season, and the loss of Van Bommel will be evident. Andriy Shevchenko and Alberto Gilardino both scored on Sunday, and their partnership is gaining steam by the match. This is clearly going to be a hard-fought tussle, but the class of Milan will show through.

Source goal.com

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
Damn! I so wanted to see Gila play! ERRR! nevermind! lets hope Bobo can score his first goal for Milan! Forza Milan!

PUPO

Stiamo tornando
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Seedorf, Pippo, Totti, R80, Messi, Sheva
MILAN: DIDA; CAFU, STAM, MALDINI, KALADZE; GATTUSO, PIRLO, SEEDORF; KAKA'; SHEVCHENKO, VIERI

PSV: GOMES; REIZIGER, ALEX, OOIJER, LAMEY; AFELLAY, SIMONS, COCU; BEASLEY, ROBERT, FARFAN

Vieri is playing, sorry duginesta, it's 100% sure he IS PLAYING. No Gila.

pixiraver

Acmilan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldinho, okocha, shevchenko, inzaghi, maradona, romario
i dont care who plays or not i prefer all of them playing at once if that is d case i just want them to win ! psv is tough but i hope we scale past them that table is so unsafe

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
Pupone said:
MILAN: DIDA; CAFU, STAM, MALDINI, KALADZE; GATTUSO, PIRLO, SEEDORF; KAKA'; SHEVCHENKO, VIERI

PSV: GOMES; REIZIGER, ALEX, OOIJER, LAMEY; AFELLAY, SIMONS, COCU; BEASLEY, ROBERT, FARFAN

Are you sure bout this line-up? izzit confirmered? So not only is Gila not playing but Kaladze starts ahead of Marek? errrr!!!!!!!!!! Ihope we dont blow this!

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Most newspapers are predicting Kaladze will start :head:

Kaladze and Vieri. God please help me get through this game in one piece.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Pupone said:

:mad: :head:

tmilan

Marius
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Chiricheș
Kyara said:
Most newspapers are predicting Kaladze will start :head:

Kaladze and Vieri. God please help me get through this game in one piece.

I think Milan will go through this game and Kaladze and Bobo deserve a chance. It is not the most important game of the season. Probably Janku is not ready to start and play 90 minutes.
Anyway, I hope we'll win and play well.
Forza Milan!!!

pixiraver

Acmilan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldinho, okocha, shevchenko, inzaghi, maradona, romario
vieri should play well if he starts he is a good player i even think his current form is better than that of Gila.

Roksana

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pirlo, C.Ronaldo, F.Totti, Del Piero, Nesta, Heinze, Roy Keane...etc
pixiraver said:
vieri should play well if he starts he is a good player i even think his current form is better than that of Gila.
I disagree with u...Vieri is not in better form than Gila, by all means...Well, Vieri will get the chance to start. Let's see if he finally scores

tmilan

Marius
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Chiricheș
Forza Milan!!!

Roksana said:
I disagree with u...Vieri is not in better form than Gila, by all means...Well, Vieri will get the chance to start. Let's see if he finally scores

The important thing is for Milan to win, no matter who scores. Maybe there will be a goal for each of them. ;)

Schedule