Official: Franco Baresi Thread

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago

inter merda

Beginner
Reaction score
an unparalleled defender in his era :star:

alb9_1980.jpg

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
In an interview published in today’s JubeSport :tongue:, Franco Baresi recalled the 1978-1979 season (at the end of which the Rossoneri were given their first star for winning ten championships), when Milan claimed the title after a match against Bologna in May:

“It was a beautiful day, as was the whole season. That year we didn’t start as favourites for the title, but step by step we put together a good season. I think the two derbies were decisive. This year? Ibrahimovic was the most influential player. Then, after him I’d put Robinho. But apart from this talk, I believe that the fundamental thing was the team as a whole. Those who’ve been at Milan for long a time, have found enthusiasm again and have given a hand to the newcomers. Boateng has been a real revelation as no one knew him before the World Cup in South Africa. He can be a fundamental player for the future”.

milan1st

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Kaka, Pato, Boateng, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ibrahimovic, Benzema, Fabregas, Essien, Ganso, Seedorf
In an interview published in today’s JubeSport :tongue:, Franco Baresi recalled the 1978-1979 season (at the end of which the Rossoneri were given their first star for winning ten championships), when Milan claimed the title after a match against Bologna in May:

He' jealous of Silva or what ?! :lol: Ibra and Silva should be in one rank before Robinho is there/ :cool:

seveners

Vinceremo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, van Basten, Inzaghi, Baggio, Costacurta, Gattuso, Maradona, Cantona
He' jealous of Silva or what ?! :lol: Ibra and Silva should be in one rank before Robinho is there/ :cool:

Lol...Baresi jealous of T.Silva? You must be joking.

milan1st

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Kaka, Pato, Boateng, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ibrahimovic, Benzema, Fabregas, Essien, Ganso, Seedorf
Lol...Baresi jealous of T.Silva? You must be joking.

Yes i should probably be joking!

but anyway i dont understant why for whatever reason he didnt mention Silva way before Robinho.Baresi as an ex defender should know how influential Silva's help was in clinching the title

Last edited:

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Franco Baresi: "1994 World Cup final, what an incredible match!"

Franco Baresi is considered one of the best defenders in football history. After playing 20 years at the highest levels, AC Milan legendary n° 6, talks about his life spent for “Rossoneri”. To make clear his personal point of view he tells www.goldenfoot.com about champions and great matches he played everywhere in the world. Baresi has a very special book of memories. He opens it from the page of Italy-Brazil 1994, the incredible FIFA World Cup Final in the United States. And then Maradona, Sacchi, Capello and much more…

Q: Mr. Baresi after such a long and glorious career, is it possible for you to mention one match as the best you ever played?
A: Well, taking apart the ones I played for AC Milan, it comes in my mind Italy-Brazil we played in the US in 1994 FIFA World Cup. It was hot and obviously there was huge pressure on us. Everybody knows the way I got to that game, I had an injury but I had to come back and help my country to win the Cup. Unfortunately we lost on penalties, but was an incredible match!

Q: Talking about incredible matches, during your twenty years career you had to face the best players in the world. Who comes in your mind?
A: Maradona for sure, and then Platini and Careca: unbelievable players. But probably I could tell you of many others.

Q: Poland and Ukraine will host Euro 2012, after beating Italy among the others.
A: They got a great chance. What I know is they feel it with the right enthusiasm. I’m sure it’s gone to be a very good tournament. People everywhere is expecting to live a great show. I wish to see a big event made for people who love football. Poland and Ukraine represent two football increasing movements. I met Poland many times with Italy. During my times I remember memorable matches like the World Cup Semifinal in Spain.

Q: You mentioned the World Cup. FIFA will organize the Cup in Qatar in 2022. What is your opinion about this challenge?
A: As you said it looks like a challenge, but they are ready to afford it. I’m expecting some innovation from the organizing team to overcome the difficulties of the temperature. I’m confident. It’ll be a good tournament.

Q: Back to Italy and AC Milan, how do you see the season of Rossoneri?
A: They are doing very well. They deserve to win Scudetto for everything they did from the beginning.

Q: Inter started as Scudetto and Champions League holder. What happened to Leonardo’s team?
A: Above all too many injuries.

Q: Who surprised you the most?
A: Napoli made something important. Absolutely surprising!

Q: Franco Baresi spent his whole career with AC Milan. Who is the new Baresi?
A: There is not another Baresi because football is really different now. The game is strange. People live it differently. Probably because many things changed around it. Definitely it’s not easy to play for a team for such a long time.

Q: And Totti and Del Piero?
A: They are different. They are special. Probably the best Italian players.

Q: You have been with Sacchi and Capello. AC Milan coach now is Massimiliano Allegri. Any similarities between them?
A: No, definitely not. Allegri is Allegri!

Q: On the other side of Milan there is a former AC Milan man: Leonardo
A: Oh yes. Good luck to him!

Q: Last question is a suggestion for the future. Any young player to follow?
A: One is Ranocchia, a very good defender. The other one is Mario Balotelli...

http://www.goldenfoot.com/acm-on-line/Home/Interviews/articolo7343.html

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson

Dwa Milan

Milan Per Sempre
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dejan Savicevic, Pirlo, Kaka,zambrotta,rui costa,sandro nesta,gourcuff, Marco Simone
great interview :thumbsup: :star:
spot on comments from Baresi :star:

thank's Dinar, ;)

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Franco Baresi (51) was no ordinary football player. The Italian centre-back became synonymous with excellence during his outstanding career with AC Milan and Italy, establishing himself as one of the most gifted defenders in Europe after first announcing his talent in the Rossoneri ranks. Baresi won everything during his two decades in the game and also added an attacking dimension to his play, a quality that brought him 16 goals for the San Siro outfit during a famously difficult era for forward-thinking defenders. At international level, Baresi was in Italy’s squad when they claimed the FIFA World Cup™ in 1982 and returned to help La Nazionale finish third on home soil in 1990 after missing out on Mexico 1986. He was then part of the Italy side which lost on penalties to Brazil at USA 1994, a bitterly disappointing experience no doubt intensified by his own missed spot-kick in the shoot-out. The gifted libero likewise competed in two UEFA European Championships and, since retiring, has been passing on his valuable experience to the youth sides at the club where he spent the entirety of his playing days.

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/news/newsid=1431189.html

Happy birthday Captain! And a wonderful gift of Scudetto! :D

anth183

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Andriy Shevchenko, and Filippo Inzaghi
Happy Birthday Franco. :star:Legend:star: always disappointed I never got to see him play

seveners

Vinceremo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, van Basten, Inzaghi, Baggio, Costacurta, Gattuso, Maradona, Cantona
Happy Birthday, Franco Baresi!

samir10

Moaaarr Attackers :proud:
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Shevchenko, Boban, Baresi, MVB, Inzaghi, Riquelme
happy birthday!

BrasilianMilan

Eternal Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Seedorf, Romagnoli, Paqueta, Piatek
Happy Belated Birthday, Franco! You'll always be a true Milan legend and hero! :star::star::star:

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan Soccer Schools kick off in Hong Kong

Italian football legend Franco Baresi on Monday announced the launch of AC Milan Soccer Schools in Hong Kong at a media conference in Hong Kong.

"AC Milan is committed to the Soccer School in Hong Kong and to achieving its objective: to promote the young players through sports practice and to improve their technical sports abilities," said Michele Ferraris, the Product Manager Milan Junior and AC Milan Soccer Schools.

Filippo Galli,Chair of Youth Department AC Milan, said AC Milan Soccer Schools are central to our Youth Department. The teaching of technical skills ability is an important part of our philosophy.

99004-ac-milan-soccer-schools-kick-off-in-hong-kong.jpg

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
Curious pic, it says that the Milan Soccer School is in Hong Kong but the pics showed Indian-looking kids. Aren't they suppose to show Chinese-looking kids? :D

Sorry if some members got offended with the race mention.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
Curious pic, it says that the Milan Soccer School is in Hong Kong but the pics showed Indian-looking kids. Aren't they suppose to show Chinese-looking kids? :D

ROFL! :lol::thumbsup:

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players

You missed the name of the site in that pic since www.news.cn is a Chinese site so only fair that pic is from Hong-Kong. :D Besides Hong-Kong is diverse in its citizens.

Schedule