Real Madrid court Carlo

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Totti, Maldini, Canna, Olic, Barbarez, Šuker, Gatu, Buffon, Pirlo, Zambro & Nesta
Sunday 14 November, 2004
(football Italia).

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Real Madrid are keeping a close eye on Serie A and, after Adriano, confirm they are tracking Carlo Ancelotti’s progress at Milan.
“We’ll wait and see what happens at Milan,” Merengues President Florentino Perez told newspaper ‘**********’. “We are following events with great interest. After all, who wouldn’t like that Coach?”
Ancelotti was nicknamed a ‘loser’ after failing to find success with Juventus, but over the last two years has picked up the Champions’ League, Scudetto and Coppa Italia.
Nonetheless, his situation at the San Siro is not as stable as some might believe, as he regularly attracts public criticism from patron Silvio Berlusconi and Vice-President Adriano Galliani.
The 4-3-2-1 system worked well in the Champions’ League-winning campaign, but Berlusconi has repeatedly insisted he wants Milan to play with two strikers at all times, if only as a show of strength.
An Italian Coach would not be a novelty at the Bernabeu, as Fabio Capello took them to the Spanish League title in 1996-97.
Real Madrid are making a habit of plundering Serie A, as they signed Walter Samuel from Roma this summer and also made a bid for teammate Emerson– who rejected the move in favour of Juventus.
This week confirmed their interest in Inter hitman Adriano and, according to press reports in Spain, are in negotiations with Javier Zanetti.
The Nerazzurri captain has won just one UEFA Cup in his ten years at the San Siro and ‘Marca’ claim he is eager to end this experience after a clash of personalities with Coach Roberto Mancini.
His contract ties him to Inter until June 2007, but patron Massimo Moratti would be willing to release him early if the Argentine is unhappy with the situation.
Meanwhile, the Spanish press has caused quite a stir with an ill-advised headline describing Thursday’s Sicilian derby as “the Mafia match.” Representatives of both Messina and Palermo have reacted angrily to the slur in ‘As’ and could take legal action.

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Totti, Maldini, Canna, Olic, Barbarez, Šuker, Gatu, Buffon, Pirlo, Zambro & Nesta
Go Ahead Have Him ;)

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
YUGOSLAVIAN said:
Go Ahead Have Him ;)

LOL this is BS he wont leave if he does im sure we can find a good replacement but Ancelotti just resigned a contract extension

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
Although I am in favor of Carlo, this could happen. It all depends based on the result of this season. If Milan failed to finish top 3, he'll go.

As for for the much-publicized row with Berlusconi, this will stop once Milan manage to close the gap with Juve or even lead the table. However, the big boss should understand that other strikers are not doing whatever they're supposed to be doing.

One last note: at the end of 90/91 or 91/92 season, Berlusconi fired Arrigo Sacchi despite of the number of trophies Sacchi brought to San Siro. In come Capello and the rest is history.

But the real reason (if I'm not mistaken) was because Sacchi had a row with Marco van Basten who said that Sacchi should play with 2 strikers, instead of him alone and subjected him to brutal tackles of the defenders. Berlusconi took side with the Swan.

The point is, the number of trophies is not a guarantee that you will stay at Milan coach. So, we'll never know...

Yan Dao

La Bandiera
Reaction score
gaizka22 said:
One last note: at the end of 90/91 or 91/92 season, Berlusconi fired Arrigo Sacchi despite of the number of trophies Sacchi brought to San Siro. In come Capello and the rest is history.

But the real reason (if I'm not mistaken) was because Sacchi had a row with Marco van Basten who said that Sacchi should play with 2 strikers, instead of him alone and subjected him to brutal tackles of the defenders. Berlusconi took side with the Swan.
Yeah, it was said the Swan issued an ultimatum "me or him" to Berluska, and he decided to keep the Swan and rid of Sacchi.

Capello also left Milan after a row with Savicevic. Is it a sign of players getting too much protection?

Personally I'd prefer to have Carletto as coach at least until the end of this season.

pixiraver

Acmilan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldinho, okocha, shevchenko, inzaghi, maradona, romario
pls let d guy be,i want ancelotti to stay he is my kind of coach lets wait and see what happens after the season comes to an end,but to hell with madrid can't they ever use their brains in getting something,they only go after finished and well tested products,they suck big time.

S

superman_1899

well, carlo is a good coach, but mr.pres is even better and if mr.pres sacks him, im not going to whine about it... simply bcos mr.pres knows what is best for him and milan, so if mr.pres decides to let carlo go... i wouldnt mind... plus i have faith in mr.pres's decisions... he is the main reason why milan is doing great...

thats it for now... see ya n have a nice day

makaveli

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso,Kaka, Nesta, Inzaghi, Gerrard, Henry, Ronaldinho, Riquelme, Rui Costa..
no way we're letting of carlo. i can't imagine Milan without him. he's the man that brought back the winning mentality at the club and in two/three year's brought a hell of trophies to the club: the cl, the coppa italia, the european super cup, the scudetto and the italian super cup. ya forgotten? star's so not guarantee success, nor big club's names. we're only six point's behind and it's nothing nowing that there are around 28-9 week's and somewhere aroung 90 point's. take a look at the other great club's and see such as real, inter, man utd etc., and see what's happening with them. please leave the man do his job.

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
makaveli said:
no way we're letting of carlo. i can't imagine Milan without him.

I can! NO more humilating games like BARCA + DEPORTIVO.
No more "too defensive football"
No more stupid excuses like "We were doing good, unfortunetly we couldn't score or win"
"We don't need a new striker, Crespo and Tommasson are doing good" LOL

BTW, IN TOP THREE ?
Are you out of your mind?
If we don't at least be a point or two before the 2nd placed team,
I'm pretty damn sure he'll get kicked out!
JUST TAKE A LOOK AT OUR TEAM!

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
ac milan winning is the most important thing to me. if silvio thinks that a new coach will make us win more, so be it. i don't think carlo will be sacked, though.

MilanLover1899

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, GilaGol, Gullit, MvB, Weah, Baresi, Pirlo, Sheva, Gattuso
YUGOSLAVIAN said:
I can! NO more humilating games like BARCA + DEPORTIVO.
No more "too defensive football"
No more stupid excuses like "We were doing good, unfortunetly we couldn't score or win"
"We don't need a new striker, Crespo and Tommasson are doing good" LOL

Nice to see I'm not alone

Every respectable coach would have made the successes Carlo made with the team. The only credit I give him was that he created (and of course the rest of the staff) the Pirlo we want to see.

btw Yugoslavian, I like your signature ;)

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MilanLover1899 said:
Nice to see I'm not alone

Every respectable coach would have made the successes Carlo made with the team. The only credit I give him was that he created (and of course the rest of the staff) the Pirlo we want to see.

btw Yugoslavian, I like your signature ;)

...and I like the way you think yo-yo :- )

logan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I dont think its fair to blame Ancelotti for Milans defensive style of play.....
Italian clubs re known for their staunch defending and betwn Ancelotti has been good for Milan.

ARNOLD RIMMER

Second Technician
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, DeSciglio
logan said:
I dont think its fair to blame Ancelotti for Milans defensive style of play.....
Italian clubs re known for their staunch defending and betwn Ancelotti has been good for Milan.

All true, but if Milan keep playing badly Ancelotti will still be out the door, we all know what it's like for managers in italy

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Not just Italy, it's just realistic thing.

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
logan said:

Ancelotti (and Milan coaches before and after him) can't never be blamed for the defensive style that Milan played. After all, Italian defense in regarded at the best in the world and it doesn't come as a surprise that Milan is the embodiment of that. We were able to conquer the world in 89-94 partly because of our defense, let's be honest. It's our best kept secret.

Yes, people saw the Dutch trio and the like of Savicevic, Massaro etc, but the whole Milan game is based on defense first. Sacchi and Capello revised the system by having the back 4 spreading accross the field but still in one line and at the same time moving forward near to the halfway line whenever we're in offense, which led to the famous hand raised in the air by Baresi because so many attacker got caught offsides sooo many times. Even Ancelotti himself was part a defensive midfielder along with Rijkaard.

It's not a surprise that the best defender in Italy (and in the world) played in Milan (Baresi, Maldini, Nesta), because our games is geared toward defense, unlike the likes of current Real and Arsenal or Brazil in WC 82 (probably the best example of going forward beautifuly but neglecting defense).

One last point, with all this defensive mode, we managed to :
- won the scudetto in 93/94 by scoring less than 20 goals
- won the CL 2003 in one of the most boring final ever

Would you prefer losing those titles and played beutifully but soon to be forgotten? The world doesn't remember a side that's playing beautiful but ended up at the losing side (with the exception of Dutch in WC 74 and above mentioned Brazil).

Last edited:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
gaizka22 said:
Ancelotti (and Milan coaches before and after him) can't never be blamed for the defensive style that Milan played. After all, Italian defense in regarded at the best in the world and it doesn't come as a surprise that Milan is the embodiment of that. We were able to conquer the world in 89-94 partly because of our defense, let's be honest. It's our best kept secret.

Yes, people saw the Dutch trio and the like of Savicevic, Massaro etc, but the whole Milan game is based on defense first. Sacchi and Capello revised the system by having the back 4 spreading accross the field but still in one line and at the same time moving forward near to the halfway line whenever we're in offense, which led to the famous hand raised in the air by Baresi because so many attacker got caught offsides sooo many times. Even Ancelotti himself was part a defensive midfielder along with Rijkaard.

It's not a surprise that the best defender in Italy (and in the world) played in Milan (Baresi, Maldini, Nesta), because our games is geared toward defense, unlike the likes of current Real and Arsenal or Brazil in WC 82 (probably the best example of going forward beautifuly but neglecting defense).

Would you prefer losing those titles and played beutifully but soon to be forgotten? The world doesn't remember a side that's playing beautiful but ended up at the losing side (with the exception of Dutch in WC 74 and above mentioned Brazil).

edan! ;)

logan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
gaizka22 said:

Well said man :)!!!

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaizka22 said:

I can just give you one fact 'cause we're totaly on different ship here.
If we were playing more ofensivly with are great defense over the years, we'd be even more succesfull!

Schedule