What kind of football player are you?

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Come on, folks - let's not delude ourselves. Where are all the Brocchis and Kaladzes?

Tosho

Primavera
Reaction score
i play in atack.

bad sides..
Im poor on condition dew to the two packs of cigaretes i smoke a day, My passing skills are below average, my vision also.. i make like a 1000 wrong passes in a game, when i loose a ball i rarely try to win back posesion, i use my elbow very often...

good sides..
I have a good dribbling, awesome in 1 on 1, love using back heel.... even when there is no need (like Boateng : D), i position my self well, and im prety decent from long range.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Patri

Kallappam-pothu
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Gennaro Ivan Gattuso
Maldini IS right footed :tongue:

Oh, come on.. Maldini is both footed.. :D

Besides, I just wanted to say that I play on the right side of defense, mostly.. :D

Milan144

The New Inzaghi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi
I'm a ST, I don't shoot that well, not good on 1 on 1 when I have (or don't) the ball.. But I score all the time anyways, I'm always in the right positions in the right places, Inzaghi-style. :D

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
a sweeper who doesnt run forward much, just hack in anyone coming near.. waste of a footballer, at the most a aggresive Cm poor mans vermelean if somebody good is partnering me

I am way out of shape for this game :( 194cm/215lbs

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago
Bits and pieces type, anywhere on the ground :D apart from in goal. But prefer playing as cover for defenders. ;)

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
A zombie thread :D

Last week after many months of not playing soccer, I played a pick up games near my home. Seeing this is my chance to somehow reclaim my long-lost Center Forward position (due to decreasing stamina and better players around me) and the fact that none of them knew I've played in that position before, I decided to play in attack.

The game ended 4-4 with me scoring 2 goals :D

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Used to play GK for the High School team, was pretty decent too (by amateur standards) and won a few titles.

Now tho, I am primarily a CB/LB but have really fucked up fitness (get tired after one running burst :D). But gotta say I do hold on my position well, fairly decent passer, pathetic shooter and very poor tackler...

seveners

Vinceremo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, van Basten, Inzaghi, Baggio, Costacurta, Gattuso, Maradona, Cantona
Used to play Center Forward during the college time, i was damn good, was a top scorer, also well known amongs the neighborhood. I could pass, dribble, and score with both foot though i'm not a lefty. Since growing older and have the family i rarely play the football anymore, mainly because of the stamina. Now only sometimes play futsal as a center back, my friends said i'm also good as a back. Football was really my ultimate joy.
Edit : The other reason i almost stop playing football is i often got the ankle injury. Infact my left ankle got injured playing futsal a week before my wedding, thanks God i recoverd in time.

Last edited:

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't play for any team atm, but will be soon since me and a couple buddies are gonna create an own team.
Back when I was 12-15 I used to be a striker, a goal poacher very similar to Pippo. I was pretty tall, kind of skinny, accelerated relatively slow but ran 100m the 2nd fastest in my team(the fastest was this Haitian guy:o), superior stamina, great at shooting and taking care of chances, but my major weakness was dribbling. I absolutely sucked at it because that's something I never tried improving despite playing football at least 1 hour(usually 3-4) a day everyday.

When I was around 15 I wasn't skinny anymore, instead pretty strong by now and my coach wanted me in the midfield, usually as a CM/DM, because of my awesome stamina, strength and defensive qualities. It worked pretty well and suddenly I wasn't one of the worst players in the team anymore.:proud: In fact it worked so well this other club in the Swedish 2nd division wanted me at the age of 17 so I shifted. I got to play a few matches, but it was also my last years in gymnasium and since I was sure I wasn't gonna become a pro anyway I quit.

Height: 187cm
Weight: 83kg atm

Dominate

Genius
Reaction score
Fav. Players
RIP Totti
Destroying cunts from deep midfield, no one gets round me, pretty tall 1.90ish and pretty strong from playing 3 seasons of rugby. What pisses me off is small weak people falling over when I just try get hem out of my way. Scored today :). could have had another, played the ball round this dude then went after it, just touched him outa the way so he wouldn't obstruct my run, and the reff blew his whistle, stupid.

Can pass aswel, a few good through balls etc, scored by collecting onto a through ball and slotting it past the keeper, yes I can afford to do this shit in this divsion, 3 weeks ago we beat a team 18-0, swapped our attack for defence and put our keeper up front, played without a keeper for the second half :lol:

was mainly because opposition only had 8 players :fp:

Currently playing for a club, winning lots, probs need to go up a grade.

Current footballing Idol: Van Bommel

Previous: Viera, Zidane, Pirlo, Rino etc.

Last edited:

Desc

Winner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
A.Shevchenko, Kaká, P.Maldini, T.Silva
interesting thread

i can play anywhere in the back (mostly lb), pretty solid i'd say but with little to offer going forward..i'm confident with my game reading skill, speed, tackle, and long passes..poor stamina and drible skill is always be my weakness

actually been some time since the last time i played, no one to play with =.=

anth183

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Andriy Shevchenko, and Filippo Inzaghi
Destroying cunts from deep midfield, no one gets round me, pretty tall 1.90ish and pretty strong from playing 3 seasons of rugby. What pisses me off is small weak people falling over when I just try get hem out of my way. Scored today :). could have had another, played the ball round this dude then went after it, just touched him outa the way so he wouldn't obstruct my run, and the reff blew his whistle, stupid.

Can pass aswel, a few good through balls etc, scored by collecting onto a through ball and slotting it past the keeper, yes I can afford to do this shit in this divsion, 3 weeks ago we beat a team 18-0, swapped our attack for defence and put our keeper up front, played without a keeper for the second half :lol:

was mainly because opposition only had 8 players :fp:

Currently playing for a club, winning lots, probs need to go up a grade.

Current footballing Idol: Van Bommel

Previous: Viera, Zidane, Pirlo, Rino etc.

:thumbsup: who do you play for?

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
I play like Strasser.

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Think I'm playing Sunday League this season. There will be headers, frantic running and wildly overambitious passing.

I will also be mercilessly ripping the piss out of anyone who gives pretentious descriptions of their playing style. If you claim to play as a trequartista/half-winger/deep-lying playmaker/false 9, on a Sunday afternoon in your local park, you are a penis.

BerluBungaBunga

Il Capitano
Reaction score
At my football team i played on CB possition and i was good,sometimes i played DM but i don't play anymore because of my knee surgery :(

And once i remember the coach wanted for me to play CF i just entered in the game and i scored 2 goals and the coach face was like WHAT THE FUCK!

And in my hood i was all-round player,GK,CB,RB/LB,CM,AM,SS,CF!

BrasilianMilan

Eternal Rossonero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Seedorf, Romagnoli, Paqueta, Piatek
Hmmm.... in my time of playing football, I've been played at RB, LB, CB, CM, ST and out of all the positions that I like, it'd probably be striker or RB cuz of my ridiculous height :D

I've also been utterly known to be a pain in the ass when I charge down the flanks :lol: (according to my friends)

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
So, why did you guys fail to make it as professionals? In my case, it was a combination of jealousy and a masonic conspiracy.

Christian

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Costacurta, Seedorf, Albertini, Inzaghi, SES, Montolivo etc.
I'm a Pippo Inzaghi without an eye for goals... and I failed to make it as a profesional because of a masonic conspiracy, just like Calum.

And btw, the only reason I don't score goals is because of shit teammates. If they knew how to assist me properly I'd score dozens.

Last edited:

olEe

Nicole, Ti Amo.
Reaction score

So I read your whole post. Did you have to stop playing because of osgood schlatters? The easiest and only cure you can do yourself is basically stretching your quadriceps, even though it'd might hurt like hell the first times. I've also had trouble with osgood schlatters, but there are strangely enough some really good manualtherapists around here that could help me, even though it had me sidelined for 2 preseasons in a row.

K.P.B.

milan for life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Super-Pippo, Pirlo, Ibra, Silva, Prince
CB, CM, DM. when I tried to play pro.

amateur or between friends, idem sometimes ST like Inzaghi, waiting for the ball. I have friends who tell me "Pippo" :D

Last edited:

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I had a short lived career as player-manager when I was 16 years-old, training my neighborhood team.

Our team was doing very well in the City amateur junior tournament... We had the best GK in the league and a fine attacking pair. We could beat teams with senior coaches and older players from richer neighborhoods.

But then the Illumati agents sabotaged my rising as the new Sacchi changing the schedule of the games from Saturday to Sunday mornings.
So our players were basically on hungover/drunk/stoned/late in every game and the team become a mess.

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
ive answered this before but sven bumped it so ill answer again

sweeper. i play centre back generally but i realised i play best when i play behind a 3 man defence... sweeping :)

that way i dont get out paced and my legs can stop shots and make last ditch tackles.

i enjoy playing full back often too... being right footed, for some reason i play better at left back. antonini ftw :p

Schedule