Announcement, regarding the new season games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rossoneri

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Red&BlackDevils said:
Rossoneri where is your game? where i can join it? or is there some kind of website?

The game will be played in this forum, so don't worry and be patient! :D
The first Schedina will be for the date 25th of August,.

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà
Of course there will be a TotoCup En Sha Allah!! Just like last year :D :D
But I won't let you kick me out this time :tongue:

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
David & schartaz I have been working on the rules for the official SAPL and here they are. Let me know what you think if they are OK as is, if there is anything that should be added, and if something should be changed.

RULES for the Seria A Prediction League

1. Each week a new thread will be started on Monday by the moderators with a list of the upcoming weeks games. In this thread you should post your predictions on the what you think the actual out comes of the games will be. The easiest way is to copy/paste the list of games and to just insert the results that you think will happen.

Example: Milan 3-1 Udinese
Empoli 4-0 Inter, and so on... Listing all of the games and scores you predict.

2. Scoring: Scoring will be based on correct winner and correct result, being added up weekly until the end of the Season. One point will be awarded for the correct winner and three points will be awarded for the correct result.

Example:
If you predict Milan 3-1 Udinese and Empoli 4-0 Inter
and actual results are Milan 3-1 Udinese and Empoli 5-0 Inter.
You would receive 4 points - 3 for picking Milan as the winner and
predicting the correct score and you would get 1 point for getting the correct winner, but not the correct result of the Empoli/Inter Game.

3. Predictions MUST be entered before the start of the weekends games. Any post that is received after the start of the games will be discounted. Also, any post edited after the start of the games will also be discounted and will not count towards the overall total.

4. A Sticky Thread will inserted into the Forum Seria A Prediction League with a running total of how each member is doing overall. This will be updated after each weekeds games and is just there to show the overall point total each participant has. This thread is not for discussions, just to show how everyone is doing overall.

5. The weekly total will be found in the thread for that week after the games have been finished and the weekly threads will remain open after the scores have been calculated so that people can talk about how they did the previous week.

6. The Champions League and Coppa Italia will also be added to the contest when the reach the appropriate stages of the competitions. The champions league will begin starting in the group stages and the Coppa Italia will begin in the 1/8 finals. Because these games are during the week they will have a separate thread each week in the same Seria A Prediction League Forum. This makes it easier for the mods and participents to enter their predictions and to calculate the results. (This will be done to prevent people from posting their CL and Coppa Italia predictions on Monday, the games happen on Wed. The results are added up then in the same thread later they post the Sera A prediction for the same week. If this occurs the mods will have to go back and check everything for correct times and edits. To prevent this the CL and Coppa Italia will be included, but just in a different thread than the league games for that week. All of the predictions league, CL, and Coppa Italis will be located in the Seria A Prediction League Forum)

7. In the case of a tie at the end of the season the winner will be determined by the following: 1. Number of results predicted correctly. If still tied then it will go to 2. The number of Milan games with the correct winner.

8. Prizes: Prizes will be awarded to the top 3 winners. The member who has the highest number of points will be given 1st pick of the prizes. The member with the second highest number of points will get second pick, and third places get last pick. Prizes are yet to be determined.

Below is an short example of how the game will be set up:

Week one league results (which would be posted in the thread of that week)
scharatz 15 points
seamus 10 points
david 12 points

So the 1st sticky (after the 1st week) would read:
scharatz 15 points
seamus 10 points
david 12 points

week 2 league results (which would be posted in the thread of that week)
scharatz 15 points
seamus 13 points
david 15 points

Then the mods would edit the post in the 1st stickey accordingly to:
scharatz 30 points
david 27 points
seamus 23 points

Week three league results (which would be posted in the thread of that week)
seamus 15 points
David 12 points
Scharatz 13 points
Week three CL & Cup results (which would be posted in the thread of that week)
David 6
Scharatz 6
Seamus 3

scharatz 47 points
david 45 points
seamus 41 points

An so on, and so on...

Let me know what you think, not much time left so I want to get this finalized.

ps. David when did you make forzza azurri a mod in players.? I don't mind at all as he is a good guys and knows his stuff so cool with me, I needed the help anyway as I have been so busy at work. Just kinda curious as I didn't notice until today.

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The rules are very good Seamus but there are two things I'd like to point out:

1. Only one extra point should be given for the correct result, not 3.

2. We should keep standings for Serie A, CL & Coppa Italia respectively plus an overall standing. Prizes will be given only to the winners from the overall standing, but it'd be nice to have some extra stats. ;)

I've made forza__azzurri a mod yesterday Seamus. ;) I'm glad you're glad :D I've made him a mod as the forums are growing quite quickly. Hopefully we'll get flooded with members when we'll post the prizes for the prediction league, prizes that we must settle once for all. ;)

Regards,
David

Rossoneri

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
It is good to know that your game is quite completely differenet than my game. This can make it more interesting ;)

But I just want to clear out one thing which I have seen when I used to play a game like this previously.

I mean if Inter plays against a team like Como.

A player put Inter 3-1
B player put Inter 2-0
C player put Inter 3-0

And if Inter win 4-1, who will get higher points than the other?

Another case:
Inter - Modena
A player put 4-0
B player put 1-0

And Inter win 5-0. What will be the point for each player?

scharatz

Milan Icon
Reaction score
there will be 1 point for guessed winner, loser or draw (1/X/2)
and there will be another point for the correct result, not a close one

i can't open "where should we put...". i think it's because of the time limit. i can't even open it to read

Rossoneri

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
scharatz said:
there will be 1 point for guessed winner, loser or draw (1/X/2)
and there will be another point for the correct result, not a close one

i can't open "where should we put...". i think it's because of the time limit. i can't even open it to read

I also can't open it or even read it

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alright I made a couple of edits, how about this? ;) :D

1. Each week a new thread will be started on Monday by the moderators with a list of the upcoming weeks games. In this thread you should post your predictions on the what you think the actual out comes of the games will be. The easiest way is to copy/paste the list of games and to just insert the results that you think will happen.

2. Scoring: Scoring will be based on correct winner and correct result, being added up weekly until the end of the Season. One point will be awarded for the correct winner and two points will be awarded for the correct result.

Example:
You would receive 3 points - 2 for picking Milan as the winner and
predicting the correct score and you would get 1 point for getting the correct winner, but not the correct result of the Empoli/Inter Game.

3. Predictions MUST be entered before the start of the weekends games. Any post that is received after the start of the games will be discounted. Also, any post edited after the start of the games will also be discounted and will not count towards the overall total.

4. A Sticky Thread will inserted into the Forum Seria A Prediction League with a running total of how each member is doing overall for predictions in Seria A. We will also be doing predictions for the Champion League and Coppa italia later in the season, but these predictions will not count towards the overall results. The overall results will be updated after each weekeds games and is just there to show the overall point total each participant has. This thread is not for discussions, just to show how everyone is doing overall.

5. The weekly total will be found in the thread for that week after the games have been finished and the weekly threads will remain open after the scores have been calculated so that people can talk about how they did the previous week.

6. The Champions League and Coppa Italia will also be added to the contest when the reach the appropriate stages of the competitions. The champions league will begin starting in the group stages and the Coppa Italia will begin in the 1/8 finals. Because these games are during the week they will have a separate thread each week in the same Seria A Prediction League Forum. This makes it easier for the mods and participents to enter their predictions and to calculate the results. (This will be done to prevent people from posting their CL and Coppa Italia predictions on Monday, the games happen on Wed., the results are added up then in the same thread later they post the Sera A prediction for the same week. If this occurs the mods will have to go back and check everything for correct times and edits. To prevent this the CL and Coppa Italia will be included, but just in a different thread than the league games for that week. All of the predictions league, CL, and Coppa Italia will be located in the Seria A Prediction League Forum)

7. In the case of a tie at the end of the season the winner will be determined by the following: 1. Number of results predicted correctly. If still tied then it will go to 2. The number of Milan games with the correct winner.

8. Prizes: Prizes will be awarded to the top 3 winners of the overall Seria A Prediction League (not the Cl and Coppa Italia). The member who has the highest number of points will be given 1st pick of the prizes. The member with the second highest number of points will get second pick, and third places get last pick. Prizes are yet to be determined.

scharatz 15 points
seamus 10 points
david 12 points

scharatz 15 points
seamus 10 points
david 12 points

scharatz 15 points
seamus 13 points
david 15 points

scharatz 30 points
david 27 points
seamus 23 points

seamus 15 points
David 12 points
Scharatz 13 points

David 6
Scharatz 6
Seamus 3

scharatz 47 points
david 45 points
seamus 41 points

An so on, and so on...

scharatz

Milan Icon
Reaction score
hey seamus, i didn't the coppa italia and CL points counting.
IMO, we should have separate threads for coppa italia games and CL games. and the points should be added to the overall, same as serie A games (IMO)

agree?

+ as david and i agreed, for CL and coppa italia only the regular 90 minutes should be counted. not the extra time

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have some objections again, Seamus.

2. Scoring: Scoring will be based on correct winner and correct result, being added up weekly until the end of the Season. One point will be awarded for the correct winner and two points will be awarded for the correct result.

One point for the correct winer and one extra point in case of a correct result.

4. A Sticky Thread will inserted into the Forum Seria A Prediction League with a running total of how each member is doing overall for predictions in Seria A. We will also be doing predictions for the Champion League and Coppa italia later in the season, but these predictions will not count towards the overall results. The overall results will be updated after each weekeds games and is just there to show the overall point total each participant has. This thread is not for discussions, just to show how everyone is doing overall.

The overall standing = Serie A standing + CL standing + Coppa Italia standing. Winners of the overall standing = our respect & prizes. Winners of Serie A standing or CL standing or Coppa Italia standing = our respect. ;)

8. Prizes: Prizes will be awarded to the top 3 winners of the overall Seria A Prediction League (not the Cl and Coppa Italia). The member who has the highest number of points will be given 1st pick of the prizes. The member with the second highest number of points will get second pick, and third places get last pick. Prizes are yet to be determined.

I spoke to scharatz yesterday and we have the prizes settled. You should PM either him or me in order to see if you agree with our picks. ;)

Regards,
David

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alright another try, how is this?

2. Scoring: Scoring will be based on correct winner and correct result, being added up weekly until the end of the Season. One point will be awarded for the correct winner and one extra point will be awarded for the correct result.

Example:
You would receive 3 points - 2 for picking Milan as the winner and

4. A Sticky Thread will inserted into the Forum Seria A Prediction League with a running total of how each member is doing overall for predictions in Seria A. We will also be doing predictions for the Champion League and Coppa Italia weekly in seperate threads later in the season, and these predictions will also count towards the overall results (more below). The overall results will be a combination of league games , CL, and Coppa italia. In this thread there will also be the overall standing for CL and Coppa Italia predictions and these points will be included each week in the oover all total. The overall total will be updated after each weekeds games and is just there to show the overall point total each participant has. This thread is not for discussions, just to show how everyone is doing overall.

6. The Champions League and Coppa Italia will also be added to the contest when the reach the appropriate stages of the competitions. The champions league will begin starting in the group stages and the Coppa Italia will begin in the 1/8 finals. Because these games are during the week they will have a separate thread each week in the same Seria A Prediction League Forum. This makes it easier for the mods and participents to enter their predictions and to calculate the results. (This will be done to prevent people from posting their CL and Coppa Italia predictions on Monday, the games happen on Wed., the results are added up then in the same thread later they post the Sera A prediction for the same week. If this occurs the mods will have to go back and check everything for correct times and edits. To prevent this the CL and Coppa Italia will be included, but just in a different thread each week than the league games for that week. All of the predictions league, CL, and Coppa Italia will be located in the Seria A Prediction League Forum)

8. Prizes: Prizes will be awarded to the top 3 winners of the overall Seria A Prediction League (including the CL and Coppa Italia). The member who has the highest number of points will be given 1st pick of the prizes. The member with the second highest number of points will get second pick, and third places get last pick. Prizes are yet to be determined.

scharatz 15 points
seamus 10 points
david 12 points

scharatz 15 points
seamus 10 points
david 12 points

scharatz 15 points
seamus 13 points
david 15 points

scharatz 30 points
david 27 points
seamus 23 points

seamus 15 points
David 12 points
Scharatz 13 points

David 6
Scharatz 6
Seamus 3

scharatz 47 points
david 45 points
seamus 41 points
Another post in this thread would say:
CL & Cup overall results (this points have already been added to the SAPL overall point total)
David 6
Scharatz 6
Seamus 3

An so on, and so on...

David

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's good Seamus. ;)

Regards,
David

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Look at us, if we can get the SAPL together by Sept. 1st, don't you think Seria A could atlest live up to their agrement and play the games as well? Damn they are selfish, screwing up our game, how dare they. :rolleyes:

Just kidding. Scharatz alreday posted that it would start w/ week 2 to let everyone know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule