Massimo Oddo Thread

What about Oddo?

• It is time we clinched a deal for him. Bring him in!

Votes: 82 62.6%
  • He's good, but not my first option. Lets get him if other options fail.

Votes: 31 23.7%
  • He's not upto it. Lets move on.

Votes: 18 13.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

roy_il_diavolo

L'Avvocato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Baggio,Rivera,MvB,Totti, Nesta, Del Piero, Buffon, Kaka
Dont be so pessimistic people.... :rolleyes: Oddo turns 30... 10 days frm now... its the perfect age to come to Milan... :D oops sorry the perfect age is 32...so yeah we'll ait for 2 more years... :D

Y are we trying to buy Oddo anyway....he is good no doubt but he is 30... cant run as fast as he used to... why buy him after letting people like collocini(24) leave...who could be a CD as well as a RB .... Good...yes.....still in the category to be the RB of the best club in the world ...i think not...

Last edited:

ACMCEAR

Con il diavolo insieme
Reaction score
Fav. Players
*KPB*, /THIAGO SILVA\, +PATO+, Nesta, Noce, Super Pippo, Abate, Baresi, MvB
roy_il_diavolo said:
Y are we trying to buy Oddo anyway....he is good no doubt but he is 30... cant run as fast as he used to... why buy him after letting people like collocini(24) leave...who could be a CD as well as a RB .... Good...yes.....still in the category to be the RB of the best club in the world ...i think not...
Agree. Oddo is old, dont bring him. In the other hand Coloccini wasnt good enough for us, he is good enough for Deportivo

Milanista10

FORZA MILAN, IL MILAN OLE
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baresi
Lazio's Oddo closer to AC Milan move
tribalfooball.com - June 06, 2006

Lazio are considering cashing in on fullback Massimo Oddo.
AC Milan have a £6 million offer on the table for the Italy international, who is keen to return to his former club.

Lazio president Claudio Lotito has so far baulked at doing business, but is now considering Oddo's sale in order to raise cash to settle several of his co-ownership players.

Lazio share Goran Pandev, Stefano Mauri and Cribari with Udinese and Lotito is keen to sign outright all three.

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Milanista10 said:

AC Milan have a £6 million offer on the table for the Italy international, who is keen to return to his former club.

Lazio president Claudio Lotito has so far baulked at doing business, but is now considering Oddo's sale in order to raise cash to settle several of his co-ownership players.

Lazio share Goran Pandev, Stefano Mauri and Cribari with Udinese and Lotito is keen to sign outright all three.
Won't happen :o

Luis

You'll never drink alone!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pelé, Shevchenko, Zamorano, Salas & Alexis Sánchez
roy_il_diavolo said:
Dont be so pessimistic people.... :rolleyes: Oddo turns 30... 10 days frm now... its the perfect age to come to Milan... :D oops sorry the perfect age is 32...so yeah we'll ait for 2 more years... :D

He can run really fast, haven't you seen him? , a defender is not old at 30, a striker might be old, but that's because they get fouled like six time per match, in 10 years, it's a lot, but defender don't get kicked, they kick players, a defender might be old at 33, 34... 30 is still a good age. (In My Humble Opinion)

roy_il_diavolo

L'Avvocato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Baggio,Rivera,MvB,Totti, Nesta, Del Piero, Buffon, Kaka
Luis said:
He can run really fast, haven't you seen him? , a defender is not old at 30, a striker might be old, but that's because they get fouled like six time per match, in 10 years, it's a lot, but defender don't get kicked, they kick players, a defender might be old at 33, 34... 30 is still a good age. (In My Humble Opinion)

But i thought old players give away more fouls and a DEFENDER giving away fouls was more important bcoz they would be close to the goal rather than a STRIKER giving away fouls far away from ur goal.....so we need younger defenders rather than strikers...if we had to chose between them....

(In My Humble Opinion :D )

Bizarre21

MERAVIGLIOSI CL WINNER!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Marco van Basten, Kaka, Podolski, VDV, Radzewicz, Essien, Torres, Huntelaar
I wanted to see Oddo in Milan 2 years ago... He is v.good but for me too old... could be good for 1-2 seasons maxx

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
Milanista10 said:

If tribal post it .. this is bullshit

ACMCEAR

Con il diavolo insieme
Reaction score
Fav. Players
DugiNesta said:
If tribal post it .. this is bullshit
agree.....besides dont you remember that Galliani ALREADY said Lazio wasnt selling Oddo...get over him, Oddo isnt coming.

PrAcTiC

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Kaka', Ronaldinho
Lazio are seriously thinking of selling Massimo Oddo to AC Milan. The Italian international, the only Lazio player in the World Cup squad, could be worth 8m euros and that sum could enable the Roman team to solve some of their most important joint ownerships. Goran Pandev, Stefano Mauri and Emison Sanchez Cribari are in between Lazio and Udinese and Delio Rossi would be delighted to keep all of them.

Source: calciomercato.com

Torcida

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Totti, Gattuso, Maldini, Ronaldo 9
PrAcTiC said:
Lazio are seriously thinking of selling Massimo Oddo to AC Milan. The Italian international, the only Lazio player in the World Cup squad, could be worth 8m euros and that sum could enable the Roman team to solve some of their most important joint ownerships. Goran Pandev, Stefano Mauri and Emison Sanchez Cribari are in between Lazio and Udinese and Delio Rossi would be delighted to keep all of them.

not gonna happen,but it would be great,he is a good defender and a player like we just need(if he was younger)

ACMCEAR

Con il diavolo insieme
Reaction score
Fav. Players
PrAcTiC said:

I strongly believes its not gonna happen....and if they wanna solve financial problems sell us behrami

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
ACMCEAR said:
I strongly believes its not gonna happen....and if they wanna solve financial problems sell us behrami

Agree with you there :tongue:

adriano_cau

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
A. Cassano, F. Inzaghi, P. Maldini, R. Baggio, G. Zola
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jun7n.html

Oddo runs towards Rossoneri
Tuesday 6 June, 2006
Massimo Oddo admits he’s eager for a move to Milan, where he’d hook up with Under-21 sensation Pasquale Foggia.

“Milan have always been the team I have supported and having grown up in their youth system could count in my favour when considering the future,” commented the Lazio full-back.

He has made no secret of his intention to join the Rossoneri and Vice-President Adriano Galliani this week confirmed an offer had been made, but the Capital club is trying desperately to hang on to him.

Oddo’s price-tag could rise if he impresses for Italy in Germany 2006, where he is set to replace the injured Gianluca Zambrotta in Monday’s opener against Ghana.

“I didn’t come here to be part of the furniture, but I also hope to find room in the team on my own merits rather than due to the injuries of my teammates. We have worked with great intensity in training this week and our legs are a little heavy, but this is all part of the preparation process.”

If Milan are trying to sign Oddo, then they can already count on the services of Under-21 international Foggia, who moved from Ascoli to sign a four-year contract.

“I don’t want to seem arrogant, but I do hope to impress Carlo Ancelotti in the summer training camp, prove what I can do and work my way into the team,” said the wide man.

“It was my destiny to reach San Siro. We were only a few weeks into the season and I read Zvonimir Boban’s opinion piece in the ‘Gazzetta dello Sport’ saying Raffaele Palladino and I were the future of Italian football. I was surprised, but those words charged me up even more.”

Rossoneri transfer guru Ariedo Braida added today: “We really believe in Foggia and are convinced this was a bargain.”

Cagliari defender Michele Canini was with Foggia in the European Under-21 Championships, where he suffered a serious knee injury. He underwent surgery today on a ruptured anterior cruciate ligament and will be out for six months.

---

Perhaps...

Would be nice to pick him up, as well as Gallas. Not particularly young, but young enough for a little while at least.

ACMCEAR

Con il diavolo insieme
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Omg plz dont bring him....why do we always have to bring old people....bring a damn young talent.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Robinson, Kaka, Sheva, Gerard, Carragher
we need experienced player and young talent, so we must have oddo and some young player at the bench to get experience from him, what do u think?

Demerio

Photoshop Lieutenant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA-Pandev-PATO
Milanista10 said:

ODDO is OK. I really admire him cos he is AC MIlan`s product!! Its nice 2 have him back.
btw..Goran Pandev is a HELL OF A PLAYER he is young and maybe Milan should keep an eye on him. I know him well and the guy is capable of everything !!!

Rick

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Marco van Basten
ACMCEAR said:
Omg plz dont bring him....why do we always have to bring old people....bring a damn young talent.

Believe me, 12 years from now you're not going to be considering 30 to be so ancient. Thirty is about the time that players are in their prime, give or take a year or two. Oddo is a very good player and can still give Milan at least a few years of top service if he's bought. You've seen what players such as Maldini and Cafu have been able to do after reaching the age of 30, so there's no reason others can't play at a high level too. Nesta is 30 now. Do you want to cast him off as being too old? I agree with madja that it's best to have a mix of experience and young talent on the squad.

ACMCEAR

Con il diavolo insieme
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rick said:
Believe me, 12 years from now you're not going to be considering 30 to be so ancient. Thirty is about the time that players are in their prime, give or take a year or two. Oddo is a very good player and can still give Milan at least a few years of top service if he's bought. You've seen what players such as Maldini and Cafu have been able to do after reaching the age of 30, so there's no reason others can't play at a high level too. Nesta is 30 now. Do you want to cast him off as being too old? I agree with madja that it's best to have a mix of experience and young talent on the squad.
Do you realize that we just bought favalli? He already cover all the old crap we need....

Oddo is good, im not denying it but i think its time to think in the future, it seems that Milan keeps buying present replacements son in another three years oddo is pout too and we have to buy another player....thats idiotic, right now we can buy a young and talented player, he could experience from cafu...and when cafu retires or leave, thats it, we already have his replacement. Bringing Oddo is an unnecesary + expensive tranfer. As i said if Lazio wants to sell us something, sell us behrami.

ACMCEAR

Con il diavolo insieme
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milanista10 said:
so is it official that foggia is ours??
I think he has been ours all the time, he was just in loan

Last edited:

Rick

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Marco van Basten
ACMCEAR said:
Do you realize that we just bought favalli? He already cover all the old crap we need....

Oddo is good, im not denying it but i think its time to think in the future, it seems that Milan keeps buying present replacements son in another three years oddo is pout too and we have to buy another player....thats idiotic, right now we can buy a young and talented player, he could experience from cafu...and when cafu retires or leave, thats it, we already have his replacement. Bringing Oddo is an unnecesary + expensive tranfer. As i said if Lazio wants to sell us something, sell us behrami.

You can't just think about the future and ignore the present. Milan was running pretty short of healthy defenders last season and Stam's gone now. Oddo is a player who can help the team win now.

ACMCEAR

Con il diavolo insieme
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rick said:
You can't just think about the future and ignore the present. Milan was running pretty short of healthy defenders last season and Stam's gone now. Oddo is a player who can help the team win now.
Yes, but we cant only buy old guys, as i said we should get young talent for that spot....again behrami is a BETTER option than oddo for me.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Rick said:
We've practised the old-farts-for-free-or-overprized-patchwork-transfers-on-demand for years now + our last 2 seasons have been trophyless ones. It's time for a change of approach + to plan + act long-term. The last thing we really need is more desperate actionism.

Last edited:

Inzaghi9

=alta tensione=
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Kaká, Pato
ACMCEAR said:
Yes, but we cant only buy old guys, as i said we should get young talent for that spot....again behrami is a BETTER option than oddo for me.
Behrami is not right back and we need RB more than midfielder.behrami is younger but on the other hand oddo has more experiences and isn't that old.
he would be a great option instead of getting-old-Cafu.

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
Inzaghi9 said:
Behrami is not right back and we need RB more than midfielder.behrami is younger but on the other hand oddo has more experiences and isn't that old.
he would be a great option instead of getting-old-Cafu.
apparently Behrami plays as RB for his country... and Cafu is not gettin' old... he is old... =)

Inzaghi9

=alta tensione=
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Kaká, Pato
zZ[-_-]Zz said:
apparently Behrami plays as RB for his country... and Cafu is not gettin' old... he is old... =)
but he isn't proven in that position we don't know what to expect of him there

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
Inzaghi9 said:
well... you gotta ask DugiNesta & ACMEAR... they know this kiddo better...

ACMCEAR

Con il diavolo insieme
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi9 said:
He is proven, he played both matches against Turkey in that position and believe me he did great.
I dont like Oddo because he has like two years or one to be in his top form...and I dont want another guy to make Milan his retirement club at 37, thats ok when you are a legend, but not when you are just a new guy that see the end of his career and sees Milan as the only club that could buy it (Favalli).
Behrami is younger and versatile, see him as a Marek in the right, he can play right back and IS proven.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Oddo!!??? else Lucas Neil?

The Rossoneri want the Lazio wing-back to be Cafu's reserve.

Milan's long-term target, Massimo Oddo, might soon join the Rossoneri as the Italian club are preparing to bid for the Biancoceleste's player.

However, if the negotiation fails,Milan are ready to try and lure Blackburn Rovers full-back Lucas Neill who has impressed with Australia during this World Cup edition, but will have to be careful from a possible Barcelona bid.

http://www.goal.com/en/articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=82711

I hope we sign Neil! He is such an awesome player. One of the best players in the tornament.

BTW merge the thread if you like, to Oddo.