Hakan Çalhanoğlu Thread

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He should play in midfield and he will do fine.
This "behind the striker" bullshit isn't working out but our coach is clueless.

Hakan is just one victim of Montella's obsession to field players out of position.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
Can't wait for Jack to get back...Hakan is a better player than some of the garbage we've had in our midfield the last few years...still isn't really a difference-maker we wanted him to be...his touch keeps letting him down- it's shockingly bad.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Can't wait for Jack to get back...Hakan is a better player than some of the garbage we've had in our midfield the last few years...still isn't really a difference-maker we wanted him to be...his touch keeps letting him down- it's shockingly bad.

LOL for some reason I had totally forgotten about Bonaventura's existence. When is he back?

Regarding Hakan, my Turkish friends warned me about this, he's never showed anything special.

But I really want him to explode, you can see that there's some football in him. I'm not judging him until next season thoug, the same goes for all new players.

Vik

Passionate Anime Hater
Reaction score
haven't had a proper #10 since Seedorf

out with the fodder

he should get time until the end of the season though

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
proper #10 since Seedorf

GIF-Amused-bemused-bill-murray-chuckle-funny-laugh-laughing-LOL-GIF.gif

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
:lol: :fp:

RnB hyperbole.

Hakan plays -> Sell Hakan, bring back Bona
Bona plays -> Bench Bona, let Hakan play

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
:lol: :fp:

RnB hyperbole.

Hakan plays -> Sell Hakan, bring back Bona
Bona plays -> Bench Bona, let Hakan play

How about we sell both of them, while they still have some market value? Its pretty clear they won't achieve world class status, which is what we need if we actually want to get back to winning ways.

Occasionally decent players, won't get us there. But if the goal is to be mid table champs, we can continue with them np.

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
How about we sell both of them, while they still have some market value? Its pretty clear they won't achieve world class status, which is what we need if we actually want to get back to winning ways.

Occasionally decent players, won't get us there. But if the goal is to be mid table champs, we can continue with them np.

I would agree with you if they played at least 10 games in the same position.
But lord Montella plays Hakan in a new role every game - LM, CAM, LW.

Same for Bona.

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
I think we have been conned. He was billed as a free kick great. Definitely not. I'm not even sure he is a professional footballer.

acm55

Rossonero
Reaction score
Çalhanoglu has left Milanello. He won’t be called up for the Benevento game [Sky].

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
sensitive boi was one of Montella's picks?

ChinaMilan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Milan are considering proposals from Turkey to sell Hakan Calhanoglu in January, claims the Corriere dello Sport.

The 23-year-old midfielder was snapped up from Bayer Leverkusen over the summer for €22m plus bonuses.

He contributed two goals and six assists in 19 competitive games, which is by no means a poor tally, but his overall performances have been disappointing.

Calhanoglu is again out with a muscular injury and his delicate frame is raising some questions.

According to the Corriere dello Sport newspaper, Milan have received several offers from Turkish clubs, among them Galatasaray and Fenerbahce, for the Turkey international.

It’s believed the Rossoneri have put a price-tag of at least €24m on the creative midfielder and could sacrifice him in January to bolster their finances.

14bQMw.gif

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
He hasn't done as well as I'd hoped but then none really have.

If a good offer comes in, sell, but only if a viable replacement is bought.

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
why would we sell him? he's playing bad? well with that logic we should sell almost whole squad because everyone was shitty under montella.

give him a time, he'll be ok... i still believe he'll be an important player for us or in "worst" case good backup option but selling him, hell no.
he's young, he was out for 6 months, he came in new country and league (totally opposite to bundesliga), he mostly played in wrong position and still have 2 goals and 6 assist which is pretty good statistic for his start in milan.

just give him a time, that's it.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
He's got six assists?

That's not bad at all.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He ist the one of the new buys I'd definitley sacrifice, 24M would be a no-brainer

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
i'd like to keep for at least the rest of the year depending on the formation

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
What's with the hate for Hakan? He hasn't been great, but there's talent there and given time he could adapt. One thing that worries me though is if we play with wingers, can't see him do well on the wings.

always funny when one or two players are singled our when the whole team plays bad. it's a team sport.

only Suso can hold his head high so far this season.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We probably need money and I rather sell him than Silva, Kessie or Suso. I agree that he shouldn't be singled out, but unlike Biglia or Kalinic he is still quite young and has some value on the mercato, if the officials aren't convinced of his qualities it would be wise to sell him as long as the EL stats speak for him

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
We probably need money and I rather sell him than Silva, Kessie or Suso. I agree that he shouldn't be singled out, but unlike Biglia or Kalinic his is still quite young and has some value on the mercato, if the official aren't convinced of his aulities it would be wise to sell him as long as the EL stats speak for him

true

if we're gonna play with wingers, and him leaving would mean that a fast winger would come in then i'd be all for it.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Finally a good game :thumbsup:

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Very good game. Great sub

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
one decent game does not absolve hakan for all the pathetic performances prior to this game. Get rid of him next season regardless.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
one decent game does not absolve hakan for all the pathetic performances prior to this game. Get rid of him next season regardless.

To be fair to Hakan, he didn’t play any games for 6 months before coming here. Never got a chance to settle because he got injured as well, he might come good. I’m not saying he is going to come good but if anything this game showed that he has talent and we shouldn’t let him go regardless.

bobdeboss

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
To be fair to Hakan, he didn’t play any games for 6 months before coming here. Never got a chance to settle because he got injured as well, he might come good. I’m not saying he is going to come good but if anything this game showed that he has talent and we shouldn’t let him go regardless.

:fp: just ignore that guy, some of these guys used to complain about milan signing old washed up players or free agents, now we are spending on younger players with potential and they have no patience. The team was not prepared properly physically by Montella and Co, now the players are starting to look sharper despite the results. Give them time before casting judgement. These same guys praise players like borini because of his "effort" even if it is obvious he has a low football IQ plus technique.

Schedule