M'baye Niang Thread

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
He's playing/training with Kaka and Robinho, ffs if he doesn't become a 80 rated on Fifa in a year, he's doing something wrong :lol:

Training with Robinho is not necessarily a good thing :D ... plus he was training with Robinho last year too..

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
good information. I wonder who are our four club-trained players? Antonini and Ambrosini would fit that.

edit: Cristante, De Sciglio, Abate, who is the fourth one? Matri only had 2 seasons with Milan between age 15-21. I can't find the fourth one? If we have 25 players on the list, that must mean that we have four club-trained players?

Matri is the 4th player ... he was with Milan until 2007 (as far as I know, if you're loaned you are still technically a player of the old club)
Also from 96-2004 (when he was 20) he was part of youth teams of Milan... so yea he is a youth product

Xudong

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Matri is the 4th player ... he was with Milan until 2007 (as far as I know, if you're loaned you are still technically a player of the old club)
Also from 96-2004 (when he was 20) he was part of youth teams of Milan... so yea he is a youth product

I looked at it more carefully, and I think you are right, because when he was 15 (which was 1999), he was in Milan youth rank, so he has five eligible years (99-04). I am not sure if your statement "loaned out but still technically a player of old club" is correct, but it doesn't matter anyway.

Thanks for solving the mystery. :D I guess that's probably why we had to buy him, and at a higher price too. :(

Another conspiracy theory: Maybe Antonini was in the deal for Birsa from the very beginning, while Traore was only the smokescreen? Seriously, if Antonini was sold earlier, we would be in an even more desperate situation. Jube would probably ask for an even higher price. :o

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
nothing is wrong. there are two lists (notice the two tabs), one for qualifying stage, the other group stage.

And Niang, Traore and Boateng are in both

Patri

Kallappam-pothu
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Gennaro Ivan Gattuso
who cares what you think?:fp:

And yet you still haven't explained why you think Niang sucks. Why do you even come here? Other than to fight with internet personalities, of course. :fp:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So no Niang for the group stages. Maybe he could train with the senior squad and play for the primavera once in a while to keep himself sharp and ready. With the arrival of Matri and Kaka, combined with Allegri seemingly willing to play Robinho, the number of minutes he gets could very well be too less to play him in senior matches alone. He is still younger than when Shaarawy joined our club. He still has time to grow.

Xudong

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
And Niang, Traore and Boateng are in both

you are right. I didn't even notice that. what a strange mistake, considering the source is UEFA.

You know what, the original link I found for you (until later I found a direct link which I thought should be better, but I didn't check again carefully) was actually accurate. Extra work ended up hurting. :D You have to scroll down the left bottom though.

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2014/clubs/club=50058/index.html

No Traore, no Boateng, no Niang. :)

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
you are right. I didn't even notice that. what a strange mistake, considering the source is UEFA.

You know what, the original link I found for you (until later I found a direct link which I thought should be better, but I didn't check again carefully) was actually accurate. Extra work ended up hurting. :D You have to scroll down the left bottom though.

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2014/clubs/club=50058/index.html

No Traore, no Boateng, no Niang. :)
Grazie :)

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
BTYSNOiCEAAHECS.png:large
[/IMG]

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
that's good information. can I assume that is (or at least is close to) Allegri's evaluation on each player?

Nah, that's gazzetta evaluation.

yanzx1993

Where is self?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
El Shaarawy, Maldini, Inzaghi, Nesta, Gattuso, Klose, Xabi Alonso, CAPTAIN BONERA
Excluding Niang out of the UCL roster is a technical choice by Allegri, not a "mistake", said Tuttoshit.
The report implies that Allegri is disappointed by Niang's continuously descending form. He has to re-convince the coach with better performance in the training and make an impact in the Serie A games.

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
Excluding Niang out of the UCL roster is a technical choice by Allegri, not a "mistake", said Tuttoshit.
The report implies that Allegri is disappointed by Niang's continuously descending form. He has to re-convince the coach with better performance in the training and make an impact in the Serie A games.

Yeah, the exclusion choice was obvious ... the "mistake" is there, but it doesn't take from the fact that Niang is currently last in the pecking order ... plus when Honda comes in January, Niang's the most likely to be dropped even if the mistake wasn't there...

Niang needs to learn how to play good in Serie A games before he can think of playing good in Champions League.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Milan squad: Abbiati, Amelia, Coppola, Constant, Mexes, Vergara, Zaccardo, Zapata, Birsa, Cristante, Emanuelson, De Jong, Kaka, Montolivo, Muntari, Nocerino, Poli, Balotelli, El Shaarawy, Matri, Robinho.

Not even in the squad for the Torino game.

Bye Niang.

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy
Milan squad: Abbiati, Amelia, Coppola, Constant, Mexes, Vergara, Zaccardo, Zapata, Birsa, Cristante, Emanuelson, De Jong, Kaka, Montolivo, Muntari, Nocerino, Poli, Balotelli, El Shaarawy, Matri, Robinho.

Not even in the squad for the Torino game.

Bye Niang.

So he's frozen out, isn't he?

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
So he's frozen out, isn't he?

Looks like it, not sure what has been going on ... Milan shuts down a lot of the internal disagreements, but it's obvious that something was going on ... at this point, I doubt it's related to his refusal to go to Genoa.

It seems a lot has changed from the time when Niang said "Galliani tells me how long to stay out and at what time I should be back"

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, it looks really strange. Hope it was some sort of punishment and he comes back against Napoli.

It doesn't need much more for Raiola to fish an offer from another club and force Milan to sell Niang for cheap. Would be a shame to lose a player so talented and that young.

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria
niang had a shoulder injury. chill out jesus fuck

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
niang had a shoulder injury. chill out jesus fuck

The shoulder injury was declared long after the list for Torino was made available. El Shaarawy also got an injury but he was included in the list ... Personally I think that either he got the injury after the list, or the "injury" was declared to avoid further newspaper rumors that Niang wants to leave or that Allegri doesn't like Niang or something else...

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
Niang's fodder & not Milan quality. He's done nothing in the games he's played.

Switching formations & signing Matri spells the end for him.

Schedule