Gerard Deulofeu Thread

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Official: Gerard Deulofeu Thread

If we buy him, then surely Barcelona has no more clause? Otherwise why not just put in some clause with every player you sell and have it for the rest of their careers?

I think we should get him. He's clearly got talent and ability. At the worst, we'll have an extremely fast, energetic, workmanlike winger who can dribble and contribute. Sure, memories of SES but SES was injury prone and more limited.

The buy-back clause implies that Barca has the right before every other team to buy him back once Everton decides to sell him. Barcas options are A) buy him back for 13M whenever they want until that clause expires (June 2017) or B) have the exclusive right to buy him before anyone else for 13M when Everton decides to sell him - again only until that clause expires (June 2017).

That's why no option could been included between Milan and Everton - because of that buy-back clause Barca has. Milan probably will have to wait until the clause expires before they can try to buy him from either Everton or Barca.

Such a clause is not often included in a sell because, as you see, it makes things for clubs and players more complicated. It's definitely more in the interest of the seller since they get a fee instantly and in case the player explodes within a certain amount of time they can rebuy him for a (normally) lower value than the actual value would be. Those type of deals get through when the seller is in a much better negotiation position than the buyer (maybe the buyer is desperately trying to get the player while the seller doesn't need to sell but if the sell they want an i stant profit and not a loan).

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
I see. As I expected.

There seemed to be some logic that we could buy him and Barcelona would still have an option, which I just couldn't see being the case.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
the_cheetah_can_run_faster_than_any_other_land_animal_as_fast_as_70_to_75_mph_in_short_bursts_covering_distances_up_to_1600_feet_and_has_the_ability_to_accelerate_from_0_to_62_mph_in_three_seconds-52634.gif

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRQJpXhAhN4/

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Always said a fast player can make the difference in Serie A, and always knew he was going to perform better than Zuzo.

Dude, you're so pathetic :fp: :lol:

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
speed speed speed :lol: watched youtube i knew he was good :lol:

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
If we buy him, then surely Barcelona has no more clause? Otherwise why not just put in some clause with every player you sell and have it for the rest of their careers?

Malmo had a clause with Zlatan where they picked up a small percentage of the sale each time he was transfered. Apparently it helped fund their stadium :thumbsup:

I think we should get him. He's clearly got talent and ability. At the worst, we'll have an extremely fast, energetic, workmanlike winger who can dribble and contribute. Sure, memories of SES but SES was injury prone and more limited.

:star:

My only gripe with him atm is his tantrum each time he doesn't get a decision :lol:

Other than the lil fella gives me the Pato vibes... each time he gets the ball you could hear the San Siro crowd get exicted :proud:

Oh and i've been saying for a while how he needs to be playing on the RW. He can put that cross in.... beats his man more often than not. And can also cut in and wreak havoc in the opponenets PK area.

He almost had a hat trick of assists yesterday.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Torres is interesting because, much like the guy who plays Jamie from Thrones, i can see why people find him attractive but i don't really see him as the bastion of attractiveness.

I think GD fits that category

No no no

You got it all wrong

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
speed speed speed :lol: watched youtube i knew he was good :lol:

well sometimes a good or bad player can be noticed even only with a youtube video, i noticed that bertolacci and cerci were surely going to flop in milan.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Can all the Niang and Suso fanbois fack off from this thread.

Deulofeu > both of em

leaf

Sack Pioli
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Kaká, Maldini, Nesta, CR7, Seedorf, Dwight Yorke, Quaresma
Suso is a better dribbler with better close control and decision making. Deulofeu is faster. Both are necessary. If Suso had Deulofeu's speed he might have been as good as Robben.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Deulofeu is far faster than Suso.

Whereas I don't think there's that much of a difference between their dribbling skills.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
suso needs to practice his placing more. he has good technique but his shots are rarely on target.

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
Deu is very close to being a complete attacker; with the caveat being that his finishing is very poor. He can dribble, pass, cross moves very well off the ball and has pace to get to the byline. He is comfortable on the wing, in the half space and the 10 space, and he varies the areas he attacks from. If he improves his finishing and gets more ruthless infront of goal, then thy sky is the limit for him.

SuperP

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Deulofeu is far faster than Suso.

Whereas I don't think there's that much of a difference between their dribbling skills.

I haven't seen Deu dribble in small areas like Suso.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Speed is a bit overrated for a club like Milan, a combination like Deu and Suso is great as it offers different ways to crack a defense.
Suso has more of a playmaking element to his game and his close space dribbling is hard to beat, something that Honda lacks for example.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
hes fearless whenever on the field .. 2 assists vs jube incoming

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
Pay 150m to Everton if he shits on Juve next Friday.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
I don't see how we're going to keep him here unfortunately

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I don't see how we're going to keep him here unfortunately

It depends. If Niang can be sold I think there are good chances we can use that money to fund Deulo. If not, it's even more important the take-over succeeds and that money from elsewhere will be avaiable.

And then it's up to Deulo if he wants to return to EPL or not. Furthermore there is that buy-back clause from Barca.

It's definitely not sure tgat we can keep him even when everybody in the club agrees that we want to keep him.

mato

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Max 30 milions should be enough. But i'd say it's gonna be more like 22-25 mil €.

nuttela

Super Bludfam
Staff member
Reaction score
3 days older than Deulofeu and have probably a tenth of his pace. Happy birthday Deu <3

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
Hopefully we can sign him somehow in the summer. He's been awesome, if we had a better striker he and Suso will become assist machines.

Rhat

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
spain-squad-1489748622408.jpg

Called in National Team.

I hope we can get him at the end of the season even if it seems more and more unlikely. Barça will activate their buy back clause.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Schedule