Alexandre Pato Thread

How many goals will Pato score for Milan in 2012-2013?

• Total voters

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I am a Pato fan as well, but at this point it's probably best for him to leave.
In the last 3 years MilanLab hasn't showed any signs of overcoming his injury problems.

Other teams should have better luck making him play without health issues.

Interfanatic

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I would kick myself so hard I'd wake up from that bad dream your describing.

There's no way, ever, that Pato will win Ballon d'Or. Pato may become a great goal scorer, one of the best even, but to be the best player in the world you need vision and brains. That excludes Pato. I can't believe those who say he'd have a chance.

You don't need either brains or vision. Just look at C.Ronaldo. Can't pass for shit. All you need is a great team to provide you, selfishness, score lots of goals and win the big titles. Pato could win the Ballon d'Or. Especially considering the World Cup being in Brazil.

Is that really important though? I never understood that. Why is it important what a player does after he leaves your club? Can't you enjoy watching him play anyway if you're a fan of the player? Also does that mean Pato will perform like that at Milan? Take someone like Huntelaar. He's an animal at Schalke. 33 in 34 games. If Holland win the European Championships and he finsihes as top scorer, he could win the Ballon d'Or as well this season. Does that mean you all will be kicking yourselves for letting him go?

Moestar

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
BOA BOA BOA - TENG TENG TENG
cereal-guy-cereal-guy-spitting.png

Pato winning a Ballon D'Or? BAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Even Fredrik will let my googled pic slide on this one.

Pato has zero chance in hell to ever claim a Ballon D'Or. He would basically need about 50 of the top players to break legs, and have a completely injury free season with about 30 goals and 20 assists.

I'm not even pato hating on this one... But he literally has not a pubic hair chance in purgatory of coming close to that award.

:lol: I loled when I saw that pic!

But seriously: If Pato gets his injuries fixed he has evrything it takes to become the worlds best, I'm surprised that there's a Milan fan who finds it so impossible to accept that.

Did you actually forget that quickly how talented this kid is?

Sure he's playing shitty recently because of his injuries (and god knows what else) But it's not such a tragedy if Milan stick by him. We've got a plethora of top strikers who are pulling in trophies anyway....

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
:lol: I loled when I saw that pic!

But seriously: If Pato gets his injuries fixed he has evrything it takes to become the worlds best, I'm surprised that there's a Milan fan who finds it so impossible to accept that.

Did you actually forget that quickly how talented this kid is?

Really? What is that so called everything?

And a lot has happened between the day Pato moved to Milan and the day it is today, but not so much developping though.

GAMilan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan Players
I have a question:

What happens if we sell Pato now for an average price, he fixes his injury problems at this new club and wins the Ballon d'Or in like 2-3 years?

How hard would you kick yourself?!

P.S. I'm not saying that he will automatically become a superstar when he gets rid of his frequent injuries but hey, that's pretty damn likely...

You can't play that "what if" game in sports. What if they sell him and he never recovers and has to retire in a year? Hindsight is always 20/20. Now is what counts. If some team is dumb enough to offer 20 mil or so for him, you take it and run.

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
Obviously Pato can win the Balon dor... provided the right circumstances arrive. He's got the ability to do that, which goes beyond goalscoring. But he needs to stop with these injuries first.

If Pato leaves and suddenly gets fit, it will be obvious it was Milan's fault for being unable to sustain his fitness, whether is by wrong training or eating program or whatever.

Moestar

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
BOA BOA BOA - TENG TENG TENG
Players like Andy Carroll are purchased for 40 million and you're dying to sell Pato for 20?

Fortunately the people who run Milan have a little bit more sense in them.

In case you haven't noticed, champions never have a smooth path to success. If you expect to reap the rewards then you have to be prepared to invest, be patient and sometimes to lose.

GAMilan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan Players
Players like Andy Carroll are purchased for 40 million and you're dying to sell Pato for 20?

In case you haven't noticed, champions never have a smooth path to success. If you expect to reap the rewards then you have to be prepared to invest, be patient and sometimes to lose.

20 mil for a guy that plays 10 games a season is a good deal for Milan.

MilanReality

Milan Icon
Reaction score

EPL overpays for homegrown talent threefold.
That's the rule of thumb.

He was never worth a lick over 15-20, but he's english.
How better to feed the hypemachine than to pay 3x more than a guy is worth?

And sorry dreamers, Pato really isn't worth the 35m we were offered. You don't sell on "potential", you sell on worth.

We are going to regret not selling this winter. Fuck.

fredrik9

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheikh Tamim Bin Hamad Al Thani, Jasper, Ronaldo and the Zlatan
Obviously Pato can win the Balon dor... provided the right circumstances arrive.
Under the right circumstances you can win the Pulitzer for your writing here.
Actually I think that's more likely.

He's got the ability to do that, which goes beyond goalscoring.
Beyond goalscoring, huh? Are you talking about his split vision and out of this world playmaking skills? His 2 assists in the last 40 games?
Or are you talking about something that's not related to football? Can't be dancing.

Ultra Swan

.,.foREVer.,.
Reaction score
Fav. Players
AC Milan
Under the right circumstances you can win the Pulitzer for your writing here.
Actually I think that's more likely.

Beyond goalscoring, huh? Are you talking about his split vision and out of this world playmaking skills? His 2 assists in the last 40 games?
Or are you talking about something that's not related to football? Can't be dancing.

Ibra has being doing great, why are you so angry, recently?

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
MAdridista is hilarious,

I honestly think he works for Nike. His views on football and basketball literally reflect nike marketing 100%.

Pato may have the potential to win a balon dor. Right now he should worry about being one of the top 100 players in the world first.... he's so far off, it's ridiculous

Kvothe

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Obviously Pato can win the Balon dor... provided the right circumstances arrive. He's got the ability to do that, which goes beyond goalscoring. But he needs to stop with these injuries first.

If Pato leaves and suddenly gets fit, it will be obvious it was Milan's fault for being unable to sustain his fitness, whether is by wrong training or eating program or whatever.
Provided the right circumstances arrive even Ibra can win the Ballon d'or.

ww

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lugano, Raí, Rogério Ceni, Ambrosini, Gattuso
EPL overpays for homegrown talent threefold.
That's the rule of thumb.

He was never worth a lick over 15-20, but he's english.
How better to feed the hypemachine than to pay 3x more than a guy is worth?

And sorry dreamers, Pato really isn't worth the 35m we were offered. You don't sell on "potential", you sell on worth.

We are going to regret not selling this winter. Fuck.

Milan accepted the 35 mi offer by PSG. Pato was the one who didn't what to go.

A player worth what teams are willing to pay for them. If you don't accept that, you'll get crazy when thinking about cases like Cissé, Carrol, Torres, Robinho, Ronaldinho and, of course, the most absurd one, the Ibrahimovic one, that Inter sold for 40 mi and got a player better than him as a bonus for god knows what!

Selling Pato for anything less than 35 mi is plain stupid. He's young, already had his good momments, very famous, playing for a big european club, I don't think that his contract is near to the end and PSG offered 35 mi for him.

B&G can't think like... "oh, Pato is not playing well! That means that his price must be low". Milan lives the capitalism game and capitalism means that you must paint your shit yellow and tell everyone "hey, that's gold!".

I'm also tired of waiting for Pato playing well and the fact that he doesn't even struggle himself on the pitch makes myself stop believing on him. Still, he's already painted yellow and marketing is already conviced that he's gold so, 35 mi or get the fuck out.

fredrik9

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Provided the right circumstances arrive even Ibra can win the Ballon d'or.
Well, with success in CL and the Euros this season he could win the next one.

fredrik9

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I didn't mean to offend you(not saying you were offended), honestly... I was just curious.

No offense taken. :) I'm not angry though.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I like Vx7, so polite.

Give your parents my regards, well raised.

Sequiem

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Donadoni, Gre-No-Li, Ambro, Rino, Nesta, Pippo, van Bommel, Cassano, Ibra, Mexès, Aquilani

Mean but fair. :D

I actually researched this a couple of days ago after reading this thread.
Since 2007 he's assisted in 10% of games that he's started in all competitions. That's not even counting appearances when he's come on as a sub, which would lessen the number even more. Let's compare him to Ibra, shall we? (That's always popular around here!) For Ibra that stat is about 25%

Last edited:

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
A newer Gamarra

i think thiago silva is more like gamarra. class, tech and capacity.. but thiago is better.

lugano is more like ruggeri.. strikers dont worry much about him, they just ignore.. coz he is more about war and conflits inside the field.

Pato for Sneijder ???

Would be nice.. i read that berlusca mentioned van persie to sub pato(after his injury this week).

i think sacchi is right.. is time to pato go.. will be better for him(less pressure, better medical treatment) and for milan.

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
Man I wish I had your amazing sense of humor:lol:

As someone else said, you don't need to be a passing genius to be the best player in the world. Cristiano can't pass for shit. And he's only the most recent example, there have been previous winners that haven't been assist machines either, Ronaldo and Romario included. Passing is important, but Pato has the technique to be at least competent about it, and his entire skillset more than compensates for the lack of true vision.

Besides, whos he gonna pass to, Ibra standing around like a fucking cone?

MAdridista is hilarious,

I honestly think he works for Nike. His views on football and basketball literally reflect nike marketing 100%.
lol I had no idea Nike marketing had an official 'view' on football and basketball.

In fact isn't Ibra Nike's poster boy too?

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson

jawz10

Milinkovic Savage
Reaction score
The beauty of Pato is that he can be one of the worst players you ever seen, and he can be the deadliest striker in the world all in one season- sometimes all in one match.

To sell him now for his current market value would be myopic, like others have mentioned it would be like selling Van Persie when he was injured every other game many seasons ago.

You're better off keeping him, on current wages, and waiting it out. WHEN, and not if, he comes out of this negative period... matures... becomes more professional he'll be the best striker in circulation barring the second coming of Romario, Batistuta, or Ronaldo. If he doesn't, what losses did you really cut? He cost 20 million and gave you over 50 goals. Probably 50 more in 2 more seasons... barring injury of course. :D

Schedule