Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
what kind of sorcery is this?

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Neymar isn't a tiki taka player. Hes not a pass-and-move player. Hes a soloist who needs to express himself through runs with the ball and tricks. I don't see why people see him at Barca, especially with Messi around hogging up the entire place. He just doesn't fit their system imo.

Neymar shouldn't play second fiddle to Messi. If he wants to become the best player in the world, he should come to Madrid and challenge Messi from there. I see him as Cristiano Ronaldo's natural successor, but where CR has failed Neymar will succeed because he has more developed brain and Robinhoesque team skill.

i agree with u about neymar, messi and barca...

but in what way has cr failed?

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
so neymar shouldn't go to barca because he'll be 2nd fiddle to messi, but FYI if he joins madrid he'll be 2nd fiddle to cristiano.

and where would he fit in with benzema and cristiano starting?

I suggest he joins Milan, where he has the chance to shine at the best environment and low pressure :o

but, there's a little problem regarding the transfer fee.

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
i agree with u about neymar, messi and barca...

but in what way has cr failed?

He failed to beat Messi and Barca.

I thought Ronaldo was going to step up that final level when he arrived at Madrid, add that dimension that was lacking with him in England, which is technical and tactical ability. I thought he was gonna become a better team player, a better passer, a smarter player, but he didn't, instead he became even more limited. Sure hes a scoring machine, a physical monster, but against Barca that takes him nowhere.

If Cristiano Ronaldo had Robinho's natural sense for playing team football, it would have been Barca and Messi that are the pretenders.

@sage

the thing is Messi is 23 years old. Ronaldo is 27 or 28, I'm not sure. He is a player who heavily relies on his athleticism. It will start deteriorating around 30, which will be in two years - exactly the amount of time Neymar will probably need to adapt to the European/Spanish style, the Madrid system and develop physically.

Make no mistake, Neymar will go through an apprenticeship phase no matter where he goes, the guys 19. But at Barca, it will be a long time before he takes the mantle from Messi. If he wants to become the best player in the world, he needs to overtake him from the greatest rival. Messi shadowed Ronaldinho while he was Neymar's age and Ronaldinho was Cristiano's. If Neymar wants to create a legacy and era of his own, he should go to Madrid instead of follow Messi's footsteps for almost a decade.

Madrid will soon part ways with Kaka, that is inevitable. He has one more season there tops. If Neymar comes this summer, he will effectively be the 12th man, rotating with Di Maria and the striker.

Last edited:

Yoshi

ahmedwuzhere
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo(R9), El Shaarawy, Nesta, Neymar, Montolivo, Maldini, Dinho, De Sciglio, Iniesta, Pato
Why should he go to Madrid or Barca?

Let's make football more boring by adding every star player to those two teams...

I miss the days where each team had their 1,2, 3 star players and football was a lot more competitive.

Now teams like Barca, Madrid and City (almost there) have a world class player in basically every position and are still looking for more players. :fp:

Fuck Barca and Fuck Madrid.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Junior & Messias

Let's make football more boring by adding every star player to those two teams...

I miss the days where each team had their 1,2, 3 star players and football was a lot more competitive.

Now teams like Barca, Madrid and City (almost there) have a world class player in basically every position and are still looking for more players. :fp:

Yes.

Diavolo666

Banned
Reaction score

:thumbsup::beer:

Dark Knight

Maestro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Baggio Nesta Pirlo Figo Platin Mardona Pippo Kaka Baresi Socrtes Roben Canna Gigi Zico MvB9

Dark Knight

Maestro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Baggio Nesta Pirlo Figo Platin Mardona Pippo Kaka Baresi Socrtes Roben Canna Gigi Zico MvB9
so neymar shouldn't go to barca because he'll be 2nd fiddle to messi, but FYI if he joins madrid he'll be 2nd fiddle to cristiano.

I suggest he joins Milan, where he has the chance to shine at the best environment and low pressure :o

nothing 10 installments plus food stamps cant solve :g::gt::D

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
Well Barca and Madrid have the money and he wants to go there. If Berlu decided to open his wallet he may consider Milan an option mostly because of the Brazilian colony thing, but with Barca and Madrid sucking his dick and the glamorous option they represent its hard for anyone to snub them for a third party.

Lvn369

Beginner
Reaction score
Would love to see how he copes with European defensive strategy

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players

if he goes to Bartha I am going to be in a depression :(

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf

the only difference is.... cristiano is unlikely to be a madrid lifer. He's 27, turning 28. Neymar is 20.... makes sense. I could see Cristiano going in 3 years for ex. and neymar would be 'the face'

Messi is barca born and bred. He might leave, he might not, but coming thru youth and all, makes him just insurpassable

Madridista

Reaction score
Fav. Players
If Neymar wants to legitimately overtake Messi, he must come to Madrid.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Neymar's contract is weird, but as far as I understood, he will leave Santos as a free agent in 2014... Santos basically gave up on a future transfer fee to make sure to have him until the World Cup.

Though of course they can agree another contract in the way. But if Neymar wants to leave for free in 2014, he can do it.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
What's interesting is its debatable which has value for them. Fee now or reaping profits and a free walk

Personally I think he's doing right thing. Way too many talents leave too early and stall

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think it's financially good for both, that's what was considered.

What Neymar improves on Santos revenue in those three years is probably more than what they would get in a transfer fee...

Mion-Moura

Team Neymar
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Neymar Casemiro Oscar Danilo CGrenier ReneeWalker JRodriguez LMoura Matic LAdriano AWitsel Marquinhs
Kid is already Ballon d or certified.Binho could've stayed a little longer in brazil.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
LOL, it was just a matter of time before Pele would start talking shit about him.:lol:

Mion-Moura

Team Neymar
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Neymar Casemiro Oscar Danilo CGrenier ReneeWalker JRodriguez LMoura Matic LAdriano AWitsel Marquinhs
so far 6 goals in 7 games.

Latest game vs Ponte Preta.not much.got red card in 1st half.ref :fp:

Mion-Moura

Team Neymar
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Barca's pres.Rosell:

"Messi is the best player in history of football.The best players always get along so Messi and Neymar can definitely get along"

"Neymar has a contract till 2014 but if he ever comes to Barcelona,Munich or Manchester,there's no doubt that he'll adapt."

"Neymar is a different player.A type like Romario,Ronaldinho,Maradona,Messi.He is a style that pleases the Barcelona fans."

Last edited:

Mion-Moura

Team Neymar
Reaction score
Fav. Players
les go baby!shine higher!!

Mion-Moura

Team Neymar
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Barca signed Cryuff in 1973,Diego Maradona in 1983,Romario in 1993,Ronaldinho in 2003 and now Neymi...

blaze

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibrahimovic, El Shaarawy, T.Silva, Nesta, De Sciglio, Balotelli, Neymar, Pimp C, Bun B
wtf he didn't accept our crate of bananas? money grabbing doucherocket fuckhead shitlord :mad:

milan_my_love

▼•Moderator•▼
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Gianluigi Lentini, Marco Van Basten, Alberigo Evani, Paolo Maldini & IL Capitano
Respect Barça. They have richer history than the most. For me, after A.C. Milan, FC Barcelona is the 'next' club that has it's values, but that's my opinion.

Now do not get me wrong, Barça are no saints, but Barça do not base winning a game of football on tactics. They look to play first and foremost and do better than most of us have ever seen.

Just a thought!

milan_my_love

▼•Moderator•▼
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Gianluigi Lentini, Marco Van Basten, Alberigo Evani, Paolo Maldini & IL Capitano
Good luck to Neymar. I don't see him fit in there but.. Good luck. :star:

Reaction score
Wish him the best, not sure how I see it panning out however. One of two things could happen as far as I see it. Either we see one of the most talented set of forwards in world Football right now, and Messi becomes even better because he has less pressure to be the only consistent goal threat on the team. Or there could be the age old problem of putting two superstars on the same team, which can lead to disaster. Neymar is coming from a situation at Santos where he's pretty much bigger than the team. He's not going to get that at Barcelona and it's hard to know how he'll adapt to that.

Schedule