Spanish La Liga Thread (BBVA)

Who will win La Liga and which two teams will complete the top 4?

• Total voters

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
Gila#11. said:
It was like Kaka's against Fener. Only the tackles were more vicious and the keeper was shockingly bad.
I think this was MILES above kaka's at fener.
:rolleyes:

Kuzimoto

Forza Milan!!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ivan Gattuso, BOATENG, Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, Dida, Pippo, Pato, Borri, Silva, Ibra, Cassano
Last edited:

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
madtherchot said:
Still Diego for me :star:
But for once, there is SERIOUS potential in the next 10 years to dislodge him.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Maybe in the future, if he single handedly leads Argentina to a World Cup victory, I may reconsider. Remembering that Diego had to deal with a formidable German side that made it to three consecutive finals ...

Till then, for me at least, there simply is no contest.

Pipa

Rotten Apple
Reaction score
And Schuster's Getafe had one of the meanest defence in La Liga ... they were ripped apart by Messi. Barca was given way too much space to explode!

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
madtherchot said:
Maybe in the future, if he single handedly leads Argentina to a World Cup victory, I may reconsider. Remembering that Diego had to deal with a formidable German side that made it to three consecutive finals ...

Till then, for me at least, there simply is no contest.
And when he leads a team like Napoli to glory ;), there's almost zero chance theres anyone that would be like him.

Great goal, amazing actually, but hands down Diego's 1000 times better: he got the ball from a bit more far the midfield line, ran faster, and controlled the ball almost only with his left foot. Oh, and it was at the WC vs one of Argentina's biggest rivals.

Doesn't take credit away cause its damn hard to score one like that. Could be compare to this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_XqOquGAsU

Last edited:

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
This is an identical goal as Maradona’s but 4 me its better coz there was more dribble skills in it also more clear since Maradona’s had a defender next 2 him when he took the shot while Messi made it without any competition on the ball.

Messi is a great talent no doubt & I saw that in him long ago but he is injury prone.
So unless he build some muscles he will b just another Delpierro.
Also comparing him 2 Dinho is a long shot coz Messi doesn’t possess the charisma 2 b a leader like Dinho.
But there is no doubt that Barca should really consider selling Dinho coz they already have Messi who is as talented as him.
Considering how did Messi cost Barca or how did Kaka cost us I really don’t know why dont we buy 10 young talents & I bet we will have @ least 3 of em coming gold. ;)

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
Really , the best season goal I have seen till now.. like I said.. after watching this goal.. i don't think Barcelona will care to let us Ronaldinho..

milanissimo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van basten, pirlo, nesta, kaka`
Wild said:
This is an identical goal as Maradona’s but 4 me its better coz there was more dribble skills in it also more clear since Maradona’s had a defender next 2 him when he took the shot while Messi made it without any competition on the ball.
)
exactly, i always thought that it was a defender who scored not maradona..

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ORez said:
Good goal, but Kaka's goal was much much much better, and against a better defensively organized Fenerbahce.
Better or not, that can be disputed, but I also give credit to Messi for a good attempt and covnversion :star:
Man i realy dont see how Kaka's goal was better. He only beats three defenders and started way past the half-way line, while Messi started right at the half way line and beats five.
And this argument for fenerbahces defence being better than getafe's is also balls. Getafe have been the team that has had arguable the BEST defense in liga this season. They have allowed only SIX goals in all season at home. This was at the Camp Nou, but any defence with people like Alexis (going to Valencia, target of many top teams) and a goalkeeper like Abbondanzieri(Argentine #1 gk) is NOT a bad defence at all.
Kaka had to beat world- beater VOLKAN DEMERIL in goal, and fener's defence was heavily reinforced only this season with Edu and Lugano.

Getafe's defence has been much talked about, with them stopping and beating every top team. As you mentioned, there will be disagreement on which was better, but id like to hear why you think fenerbahce is better 'defensively organized'.

ORez

The Red & Black Army
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Alessandro Nesta
radioactivenerd said:
Man i realy dont see how Kaka's goal was better. He only beats three defenders and started way past the half-way line, while Messi started right at the half way line and beats five.
And this argument for fenerbahces defence being better than getafe's is also balls. Getafe have been the team that has had arguable the BEST defense in liga this season. They have allowed only SIX goals in all season at home. This was at the Camp Nou, but any defence with people like Alexis (going to Valencia, target of many top teams) and a goalkeeper like Abbondanzieri(Argentine #1 gk) is NOT a bad defence at all.
Kaka had to beat world- beater VOLKAN DEMERIL in goal, and fener's defence was heavily reinforced only this season with Edu and Lugano.

Getafe's defence has been much talked about, with them stopping and beating every top team. As you mentioned, there will be disagreement on which was better, but id like to hear why you think fenerbahce is better 'defensively organized'.
^ Kaka over Messedup any day! :)

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
radioactivenerd said:
ORez said:
^ Kaka over Messedup any day! :)
Thank you for that gallant defence of your opinion.

kats

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
ORez said:
Good goal, but Kaka's goal was much much much better, and against a better defensively organized Fenerbahce.

I thought you were referring to the first goal and I was just about to write that Pirlo's pass was better than the goal, but then realized that there was another goal in that footage. Wow. That was a great one! I'm not about to say Kaka's better or Messi is, etc., because I just don't know enough and they're both awesome players, but I'm just glad to be able to see all these spectacular plays. Thank you, internet! :D

ORez

The Red & Black Army
Reaction score
Fav. Players
radioactivenerd said:
Thank you for that gallant defence of your opinion.
OMG! You consider defending your opinion to death by posting articles + digging up facts + googling the hell out + and reading every page on WIKIpedia is gallantry? Get a life mate. I have no complex about what I think and how I think, so defending it like a right-winger on a religious high wont change jack. I fully support your effort, however.

Love.

Edit: And I probably might decide to take back my words... except the last line.

Last edited:

ORez

The Red & Black Army
Reaction score
Fav. Players
kats said:
I thought you were referring to the first goal and I was just about to write that Pirlo's pass was better than the goal, but then realized that there was another goal in that footage. Wow. That was a great one! I'm not about to say Kaka's better or Messi is, etc., because I just don't know enough and they're both awesome players, but I'm just glad to be able to see all these spectacular plays. Thank you, internet! :D
See the thing is, this is a brilliant goal, in the context that Milan is a very, very possession based team, and we hate going forward on runs like that. Even though there have been examples like this one and a lot more to disprove that, but this one especially is brilliant because the courage Kaka showed to by pass any thoughts of 'not losing the ball' and going at it alone. Here people bash him for not passing the ball at the crucial times, yet cry when Inzaghi misses one. You have to take chances like these to win and flourish. This was very, very unItalian.

Messi however is 'expected' to do these things, if he doesn't his team will some how find a way into the goal.

OK, I concede, Messi's goal was better, on the grounds that a lot of other people (apart from this forum) too think it was a Maradona then it must be something good. EOS.

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ORez said:
OMG! You consider defending your opinion to death by posting articles + digging up facts + googling the hell out + and reading every page on WIKIpedia is gallantry?
I consider having the balls to continue a discussion with an intelligent response as gallantry(metaphorically). Your comment of "kaka is better ;)" doesnt justify anything you just said, showing you incapable of even putting explaining your opinion, leave alone defending it.

Well, i see that you have since turned tail, "on the grounds that everyone else is saying so". Fabulous grounds for an opinion change.

ORez

The Red & Black Army
Reaction score
Fav. Players
radioactivenerd said:
I consider having the balls to continue a discussion with an intelligent response as gallantry(metaphorically). Your comment of "kaka is better ;)" doesnt justify anything you just said, showing you incapable of even putting explaining your opinion, leave alone defending it.

Well, i see that you have since turned tail, "on the grounds that everyone else is saying so". Fabulous grounds for an opinion change.
I do believe what the majority says is best, I hate conflict, the oh-so-modern way of living. Its about mutual respect, when that is lost, there is no need to continue in a discussion (especially here). Well I've given my thoughts in the other post, and it is quite a valid ground that I chose, at least it wont make me looking like an idiot. Have read at those and feel free to reply, and not expect one (for the reason stated above).

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
ORez said:
I do believe what the majority says is best, I hate conflict, the oh-so-modern way of living. Its about mutual respect, when that is lost, there is no need to continue in a discussion (especially here). Well I've given my thoughts in the other post, and it is quite a valid ground that I chose, at least it wont make me looking like an idiot. Have read at those and feel free to reply, and not expect one (for the reason stated above).
Ur saying that Kaka is a better player than Messi 4 sure -- > I agree with u (I also think that Radio agree about this 1)
But what Radio is sayin that Messi’s goal is far better than Kaka’s -- > I agree with him.

ORez

The Red & Black Army
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Wild said:
Ur saying that Kaka is a better player than Messi 4 sure -- > I agree with u (I also think that Radio agree about this 1)
But what Radio is sayin that Messi’s goal is far better than Kaka’s -- > I agree with him.
Yup, heard me right, it didn't get any simpler than me saying:
Kaka over Messedup any day!
If the general opinion is that Messi's goal was a Maradona then who am I to disagree? But no, people here make it a matter of masculinity, probably a complex they have.

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
Not taking away anything from that Kaka goal (which was in the CL, not a domestic cup match), but I really don't see a comparison. That Messi goal was from another world. If he did it in a WC or a CL match.....:eek:

ORez

The Red & Black Army
Reaction score
Fav. Players
DonippoKakaGourdini said:
Not taking away anything from that Kaka goal (which was in the CL, not a domestic cup match), but I really don't see a comparison. That Messi goal was from another world. If he did it in a WC or a CL match.....:eek:
You put a different, more revealing light on the subject... these were two different tournaments, with two different sets of skills. Local Coppa vs European Coppa, massive difference.

milanissimo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van basten, pirlo, nesta, kaka`
so tonight we have Real- Valencia, IMO this is TO BE OR NOT TO BE game for both squads :cool:

kakarulez

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
well, in all this argument about kaka vs messi, at least we all know that kaka is faster, considering that he outpaced messi big time during the brazil argentina friendly :D

Last edited: