Abbiaiti wants move away from Milan!

sheva_07

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sheva, kaka, maldini, reyes, fabregas,zidane, ronaldhino, henry, Lehman, Eboue, Hleb,
Abbiaiti wants to leave Milan for Fiorentina!

Christian Abbiati has admitted he is likely to head out of Milan this summer, with the talented keeper keen on a move to Fiorentina.

Abbiati is one of the most talented keepers in Serie A, but he is unfortunate that Milan have Brazilian star Dida on their books.

Dida has held sway at San Siro for three years and is unlikely to be knocked off his perch, which has prompted Abbiati to admit his future lies away from the Rossoneri.

"I have a further three years to run on my contract, " he told Gazzetta.it. "But you don't live only for money.

"I consider Fiorentina, along with Palermo, as the most probable hypothesis for me to stay in Italy. There is Genoa too."

Abbiati does not expect Milan to block his chances of first-team football elsewhere.

"I'm expecting Milan to help the team that wants me, on the financial side," added Abbiati. "I'm ready to lower my wages, as they are quite high.

"I'd like to give my services to help Fiorentina return to the level that they should be at, which is at least playing in the Uefa Cup." Although Abbiati clearly favours a move to Fiorentina, it is being suggested Palermo could land him in a swap deal involving Matteo Guardalben

I for one think that if he wants to leave then we should let him! It's not like he's getting any games at Milan, and at least he isn't greedy and wants to stay for the money!

GeronimoFinch

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Savicevic, van Basten, Rijkaard, Seedorf, Gattuso
Would his departure make any difference whatsoever?

Still, played a major part in Milan's Scudetto charge back in 1999.

Grazie Christian.

pnut408

Banana Slug
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso
The thing is, now we have to find another back-up keeper. Unless of course we intend to use Fiore. (Has he played any games this season?)

cuore

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Capitano
abiaati is a good guy..GOOD LUCK CHRISTIAN!!

ics_rk

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Sheva, Maldini, Baresi, Nesta, van der Vaart, Torres, Reyes, Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato
No problem with me since I don't think that he deserve the first XI in Milan. Dida is much better than him.. Btw, good luck for him!

Nesta87

Banned
Reaction score
good luck to him..........the question is now who will we get to replace him....if we use Fori i would be fuming......this would be a perfect chance to buy a young keeper that can learn from DIDA

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I can understand Abbiati but we need a decent second goalkeeper!

Who is it gonna be if he leaves? Fiori is really no good...

milan*7

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Inzaghi, Pirlo, Nesta
We should've gotten Van der Saar when we had the chance. It's not like Manure to finally get a quality stopper... :D

Inzaghi9

=alta tensione=
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Kaká, Pato
I wish him all the best he's a good keeper and I understand that he wants to play...but we must buy a solid 2nd goalkeeper...

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
How about...Roy Carroll? (Or am I just off my nut? :))

Inzaghi9

=alta tensione=
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Kaká, Pato
BMWTaylor said:
How about...Roy Carroll? (Or am I just off my nut? :))

I don't think he's a good keeper,Ancelotti had to go crazy if he would even consider to buy him...

Schedule