Giacomo Bonaventura Thread

seveners

Vinceremo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, van Basten, Inzaghi, Baggio, Costacurta, Gattuso, Maradona, Cantona
so happy

tumblr_nbwx1yU4Nd1s87ddmo1_1280.jpg

Yessss happy milan :proud:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Pippo on the pitch again. #offside

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It's scary how much he looks like Allegri. Seriously when he celebrated the goal I was looking at him like wtf this can't be real.

His goal was an excellent goal, he did very very well to let the ball go past him and his finish was absolutely smart and sublime. In the second half he did well to hold the ball up and win some fouls. However, I don't think his performance overall was sensational, but that's normal, he's only been training for a week with us. He has to improve his chemistry with the team and that takes time. He's definitely put in the work load yesterday though. I'm not a fan of his but yesterday he impressed. Let's hope he can only improve.

Naraku

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I hope he celebrates all his goals in that manner, just like how Pippo did :proud:

jorg-1

Beginner
Reaction score
Nice debut, but in my opinion he dived/fell to easy on several occasions

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
hats off. liking him so far.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
Should start over Torres every Game :o

and I Like Menez in centrum

Rickaka

molto life
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Seedorf, Memphis, Tomori, Leão
He seemed extremely happy and grateful to be at Milan, let alone score a goal

i liked that

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Nice debut, but in my opinion he dived/fell to easy on several occasions

Dont think he dived even once... he was getting smart fouls and I liked it.
Remember he megged one guy who then took him down but the ref played on..

--------

Anyways, very nice debut and Im sure it will only get better and better especially when he starts playing in the midfield :)

jorg-1

Beginner
Reaction score
Dont think he dived even once... he was getting smart fouls and I liked it.
Remember he megged one guy who then took him down but the ref played on..

--------

Anyways, very nice debut and Im sure it will only get better and better especially when he starts playing in the midfield :)

it wasn't excactly diving, but over-exaggeration, and it reminds me of balo, disgraceful

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Looks comfortable on the ball, works hard on the pitch. Not sure he can play in midfield though.

Please don't mislead people by comparing him to Nocerino.

That's why people must stop throwing random opinions around

''oh, hes young, italian and versatile, he must play like Poli then, which makes him fodder''

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
His agent:

“I was at the stadium and I can say that it was a beautiful emotion also for me on the stands. I imagine what he felt on the pitch,” the agent of Bonaventura, Giocondo Martorelli, told Di Marzio.

“The debut with such an important jersey and the goal… he almost scored earlier with a nice header too. The win is what matters the most though. Milan proved to be a strong team by winning in a difficult stadium. They can have an excellent season. Playing as a side-midfielder in a 4-3-3? He can do that, when the team was down to ten men yesterday, Giacomo tracked back a lot, helping in the defensive phase.

He has the skills to play either in the attack or in the midfield. The last day of the transfer market? Those hours were chaotic, but in the key moment Milan wanted him. They made the right move in the right moment and we are very happy.”

Oh and this important quote from Pippo's conference - Inzaghi, "Bonaventura as a wide midfielder could become very strong."
This was when he was asked about him playing LCM. Pippo then said he also has Saponara for that position who is quality.

It will take time and you must be patient, but he will, IMO, start playing as a CM.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
His agent:

“I was at the stadium and I can say that it was a beautiful emotion also for me on the stands. I imagine what he felt on the pitch,” the agent of Bonaventura, Giocondo Martorelli, told Di Marzio.

“The debut with such an important jersey and the goal… he almost scored earlier with a nice header too. The win is what matters the most though. Milan proved to be a strong team by winning in a difficult stadium. They can have an excellent season. Playing as a side-midfielder in a 4-3-3? He can do that, when the team was down to ten men yesterday, Giacomo tracked back a lot, helping in the defensive phase.

He has the skills to play either in the attack or in the midfield. The last day of the transfer market? Those hours were chaotic, but in the key moment Milan wanted him. They made the right move in the right moment and we are very happy.”

Oh and this important quote from Pippo's conference - Inzaghi, "Bonaventura as a wide midfielder could become very strong."
This was when he was asked about him playing LCM. Pippo then said he also has Saponara for that position who is quality.

It will take time and you must be patient, but he will, IMO, start playing as a CM.

Inzaghi before the match also said: "Bonaventura can play in midfield, but not tomorrow (vs Parma)."

Cokata

E46
Reaction score
Bonaventura: "I feel very good after yesterday's game against Parma. It was really weird but exciting."
Bonaventura: "Casa Milan is a beautiful place that is full of trophies. It contains all the history of Milan
Bonaventura on transfer deadline: "I went to Milano, Inter was talking with Atalanta. I was on the verge of joining them then Verona came."
Bonaventura: "At 19:00 I wasn't knowing where I will end. At 20:30 Atalanta leaders told me to go to Galliani, I couldn't believe myself."
Bonaventura jokingly: "I owe Zaccardo a dinner."
joker-laugh.gif

Bonaventura on his goal yesterday: "I know I had the defender on my side, I did let the ball to pass and shooted with my left foot."
Bonaventura: "I was fine in the position I played in yesterday. Closer to the goal and have more chances to score, it's a good position."
Bonaventura: "Why I always score against Inter? Not a certain reason. I try to score in every game, it just works against Inter more often."
Bonaventura: "Menez has amazing technical qualities. Plays good with his both feet, he is also fast & I think everyone saw this yesterday."
Bonaventura: "Pippo is one of the team.When I arrived I saw that the unity & enthusiasm of the group is important,everyone wants to do well"
Bonaventura: "Balotelli? I haven't heard anyone at Milan talk about him."
vw-oh-snap-o.gif

Last edited:

benjamin

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Nesta Cafu
Hope to see him replacing Poli eventually, be it moving Muntari over or him playing on the right.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Debut goal.
Good man yourself.

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
People wanting to get Bonaventura over Poli need to read the first pages after Poli joined our team and was hailed as a top performer and one of the best in the team.

Not saying that Bonaventura is not talented or that he's better/worse than Poli. One game at Milan, which if we take off the goal was very average, is not enough to determine how good Bonaventura will be for our team.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Failed to have a lot of impact on the game but he won a few balls at the tackle on that cunt Lichsteiner was nice.

Also, those moves in the last minute were sexy. Shame he couldn't find space for a shot.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We improved when he came on. Wasn't the best player out there today (Menez, Torres and Honda were fantastic, especially the first 2) but he played a good game :thumbsup:

With time he will become better.

FNF

'That' guy...
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Poli, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Pippo, Buffon, Pirlo, D.Lopez, Verratti, Gattuso, De Rossi, Darmian.
Good after he came on and played a role in the comeback. He will probably be the more attacking option in midfield after Monty returns and will be rotated with Poli.

Cokata

E46
Reaction score
Very good game. But i think he would be perfect in midfield, he is just not quite dynamic enough to play as left wing IMHO

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Good after he came on and played a role in the comeback. He will probably be the more attacking option in midfield after Monty returns and will be rotated with Poli.

:thumbsup:

Milanista_7

#UCLDNA
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, T.Silva, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Romagnoli
Very good, opened the game for us

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Very good game. But i think he would be perfect in midfield, he is just not quite dynamic enough to play as left wing IMHO

He accelerates with the ball nicely and beats players with simple yet eye catching skills like the stopovers he did today a few times. Hes dynamic enough for a winger, but would be ideal in midfield, as you said.

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
Missed the game today. I am curious....did he play in the 3 man mid when he came on?

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Missed the game today. I am curious....did he play in the 3 man mid when he came on?

It looked like a 4-2-3-1 at in 2nd half and Pippo has confirmed it in his interview. Bona Left wing, DeJong-Poli anchors and Honda-Menez right and center.

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
One of the few bright spots today... Tried until the very end despite being exhausted.

The Man

Banned
Reaction score
One of the few bright spots today... Tried until the very end despite being exhausted.

I am impressed by Bonaventura so far. He is calm, confident with the ball and rather fast. The only thing that worries me is that he seems a little bit thin but he is pretty much a faster version of Honda. Should be in the starting eleven.

Schedule