Vincenzo Montella Thread

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
This team is filled with nobodies that will continue being nobodies when they leave Milan.

The level of talent is extremely low.

Donna, Romagnoli, Locatelli, Bonaventura and Suso are the only ones that should be allowed to stay next season because they have quality and/or potential.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
That's 5 out of a 25 man squad of rubbish

Y-Bido92

il-Faraone
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Totti, Zidane, R9
Well, does a team that's better on paper always win the game? Does the big clubs always win vs the other clubs? come on...

We don't beat Napoli because they're better than us, we don't beat Inter because they're better than us, we lose to Juve in coppa and 2nd league leg because they're better than us, but we lose Empoli in San Siro and tie with Pescara and Crotone because the better team doesn't always win. So we are not supposed to beat anyone in Seria A?

Montella has potential, but we def should be in a better spot than we are right now. He did very well beating Juve in the 1st leg and the super cup, but failed to build on that momentum to earn us a good spot and dropped points against a lot of the relegating teams.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
We're at the coach's throat again?

We. Have. A. Shit. Squad.

How hard is that to understand?

That said, this shit squad must make it to EL, given the circumstances now. If he doesn't get us CL, we should/could look for a new coach. The coach should be proven much better though, not some Mancini bullshit.

7KpyLAZ.png

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
People calling for his head make no sense. He has one a trophy and Milan is in an EL spot. Does tying Crotone and Empoli erase everything? No. Changing managers again would be so bad for the team right now. I can not believe I read yesterday about Mancini. This team has been crap since 2013 and Montella gave us the first trophy in years. He has earned another year, especially if he keeps the 6th spot or higher. And VultureSheva wanting him to stay does not make you a fanboy it makes you a logical fan.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
We don't beat Napoli because they're better than us, we don't beat Inter because they're better than us, we lose to Juve in coppa and 2nd league leg because they're better than us, but we lose Empoli in San Siro and tie with Pescara and Crotone because the better team doesn't always win. So we are not supposed to beat anyone in Seria A?

Montella has potential, but we def should be in a better spot than we are right now. He did very well beating Juve in the 1st leg and the super cup, but failed to build on that momentum to earn us a good spot and dropped points against a lot of the relegating teams.

Wtf did i just read man?

We didn't beat Juve in the league and coppa because they're better than us, but we beat them in the super coppa because... they're better than us?

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
And with this squad, we're lucky to be in 6th. The squad is rubbish, and horribly unbalanced.

Y-Bido92

il-Faraone
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Totti, Zidane, R9
Wtf did i just read man?

We didn't beat Juve in the league and coppa because they're better than us, but we beat them in the super coppa because... they're better than us?

We only managed to once beat a side that was superior to us and that's Juve and also was in San Siro and they had a disallowed goal for Pjanic.

We also managed to lose to udinese home and away. To put things into perspective, Bologna (the 15th) just beat Udinese 4-0. We lost 6 points to that same team. Add those 6 points to us and we will be 5th and 2 points away from 4th.

6 points to udinese, not even counting the bullshit of losing points to crotone, pescara and empoli. Not even asking Montella to go beat Napoli, Roma, and Juve- just asking him to beat teams that are being thrashed by other teams. That's it.

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
We're at the coach's throat again?

We. Have. A. Shit. Squad.

How hard is that to understand?

That said, this shit squad must make it to EL, given the circumstances now. If he doesn't get us CL, we should/could look for a new coach. The coach should be proven much better though, not some Mancini bullshit.

Stop blaming the squad, just stop it.

We blamed them since 5 years. Everytimes we failed we blamed them, im tired of this shit. Stop talking like we have only 5 players who know what football is.

That's 5 out of a 25 man squad of rubbish

Bacca and Niang and Kucka etc... played good last season, but now they are shit.

Have you ever ask yourself why?

Its ok to say they are fishing or smoking or sth if we didnt change our formation. But the fact we did: why are they suddenly become shit after we change our playstyle.

Another fact: Montella has Miha's squad + some good players: Suso, Paletta... and we are in same shit as last season.
Miha even found some quality players for us: Donna, Roma... What did Montella do?

Im not Miha fan, its ok when we sacked him, but why should we keep Montella then?

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Tbh, people complain that we've had a shit squad for five years ... because we've had a shit squad for 5 years.

Ever since we gutted the team after the Muntari ghost goal season, we've never been back, and this is the closest we've been since.

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
Tbh, people complain that we've had a shit squad for five years ... because we've had a shit squad for 5 years.

Ever since we gutted the team after the Muntari ghost goal season, we've never been back, and this is the closest we've been since.

Nope, half of them are shit i agree, but we are decent enough to get top 5. Just beat crotone, empoli, udinese... Its not that hard.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Nope, half of them are shit i agree, but we are decent enough to get top 5. Just beat crotone, empoli, udinese... Its not that hard.

True, I guess.

But the team was gutted and we never recovered.

Usually, when a team that is taken apart recovers, it's with huge investment.

We've had some, but we've also had Octopi, Mesbahs and Traores aplenty.

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Our team depth is what fucked us over.

Whenever a starter gets injured or suspended, we don't have anyone decent to replace them.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Whenever I try to talk football in this football forum, I get reminded that no one knows anything about football. I feel so lonely in this place.

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
I'm really longing for some continuity, something very important for a coach.

Who does the haters think should replace him?

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Whenever I try to talk football in this football forum, I get reminded that no one knows anything about football. I feel so lonely in this place.

The majority of the time it's people who are still salty their preferred coach got sacked.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I won't cry if Montella gets sacked, I don't care that much. I didn't want Miha to get sacked, or Allegri. This is not a coach problem, the problem is that we have average players, playing under the pressure that's on a big club. They can't handle it and crumble. Most of the players we have would do well in Torino, Atalanta, Udinese, Empoli, Crotone etc. But in a club like Milan, they can't handle it. They can't handle winning the "easy" games, because there's more pressure then because they're supposed to win. Mentally, it's probably easier to play as underdog vs another big club.

You can't cook great food with garbage ingredients, and this is a meal prepped by none other than fucking moron Galliani. It's so fucking unbalanced, no piece fits the other.

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
LMAO
You guys talked shit about Miha last season, now Montella is in the same shit and you guys protect him.
Why cant you guys treat both of them equally?
Im ok with both of them sacked, and you guys only want Montella to stay.
I dont know who is the fanboy here?

And stop thinking like you are Mr. know it all. You are just delusional :fp:

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
We talked enough shit about our players in Rumour thread. Everyone knows that. Why are we repeating ourself, im here to talk about Montella. This is his thread.

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Wasn't referring to you.

I don't mind Montella getting sacked for a better coach.

But he has done a good job and like any coach he'll have his down periods, but his highs have been more than good enough to merit another season.

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
I really want to hear people's alternative to Montella. Otherwise all I see is just knee jerking

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Yeah, what's the alternative? Can we get a great proven coach? Sure...

If not, stick to the current coach and let him build on his first season. Yes, first season.
People expect wonders from a coach in his first season, with a shitty squad, built by Galliani.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
LMAO

You guys talked shit about Miha last season, now Montella is in the same shit and you guys protect him.

Why cant you guys treat both of them equally?

You got a point here. But what is the reason why you want montella sacked? And didn't you want miha to stay last season?

ibelongtomilan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Reaction score
You got a point here. But what is the reason why you want montella sacked? And didn't you want miha to stay last season?

Actually my gut feeling told me that Montella might not be good enough for us in long terms.
Beside i want to prove some points:
1. Some of our players arent shit. We are good enough for 5th place. Stop talking shit about our players over and over again.
2. Montella is tactical limited af. He uses 4-3-3 for whole season and doesnt have back up plan.
3. About Miha, i think he is also tactical limited, but he has ability to find some talents: Dona, Roma, Belotti... Its good for long terms. Then we can sack him right away when we have good squad and bring in WC coach.

I dont want we sack coaches every seasons but i also lost my trust about Montella.
But nvm, he can stay, we dont have any other choice either.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Actually my gut feeling told me that Montella might not be good enough for us in long terms.
Beside i want to prove some points:
1. Some of our players arent shit. We are good enough for 5th place. Stop talking shit about our players over and over again.
2. Montella is tactical limited af. He uses 4-3-3 for whole season and doesnt have back up plan.
3. About Miha, i think he is also tactical limited, but he has ability to find some talents: Dona, Roma, Belotti... Its good for long terms. Then we can sack him right away when we have good squad and bring in WC coach.

I dont want we sack coaches every seasons but i also lost my trust about Montella.
But nvm, he can stay, we dont have any other choice either.

I really don't get how is Milan a 10th place team with Donnarumma (wanted by all top clubs), Romagnoli with a 45m price (wanted by Chelsea), De Sciglio (wanted by Juve and other top clubs), Deulofeu (wanted by Barcelona). Many players playing in national teams, Donna, DeS, Bona, Roma in Italy, Deulofeu in Spain etc. What Lazio has more than Milan? They are also based in some few players, in Keita, Milinkovic, Anderson and De Vrij, the rest are shit. This Milan team is good for 5th place.

But the problem is that Montella is losing the forms of many players like Bibbo did, remember when Rami who had a great season with Seedorf became shit with Bibbo then became great with Sevilla again?

The same is happening now, he destroyed Bacca, Niang and Kucka, we'll see who will be the next.

You can't just say our players are playing like shit. If they were playing good in the past and became shit in few months means it's a problem of the coach, injuries and other things like this, their talent will not lose in few months.