Who will win the EPL title this year?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Newcastle midfielder Joey Barton has been left out of the team's pre-season tour of America after the US Embassy refused to grant him a visa.
In 2008 he was jailed after admitting assault in Liverpool city centre.
In the same year he was given a suspended sentence for an assault on a team-mate at Manchester City.

Barton, 28, said that he regretted not being able to go, but did not expect to be treated more favourably than anyone in a similar situation.

Newcastle are due to depart for the US on Sunday, with matches scheduled against Sporting Kansas, Orlando City and Columbus Crew.
Barton will travel to Holland with the club's reserve team, which will play Hollandia, FC Utrecht and Almere City.

The midfielder said: "Unfortunately, I was denied my visa due to my past.
"I regret not being able to travel with the club on this trip, but at the same time, I don't expect to be treated any differently or more favourably than anyone else in a similar situation.

"All I can do is continue to improve as a person, which is what I intend to do."

He added: "Again, apologies to all the NUFC supporters, as well as the fast-growing legions of football supporters, in the United States who I was looking forward to meeting.

"I will see you in the future."

"Apparently it was because he lied on his application form.

Under 'profession' he wrote 'footballer'. "

:lol::lol::lol:

acmilan4ever

Fan of the Sheva's
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Associazione Calcio Milan
In additiong to that new signing Yohan Cabaye became the third Newcastle player to get his US Visa rejected. Thus:

Latest pre-season football scores: US Customs 3 - 0 Newcastle Utd

:lol:

Footiefan

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Giggs, Scholes, Van Der Sar, Keano.
Shay Given completed move to Villa. 3.5 Million pounds and signed 5 year contract.

scaled.php

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
Great keeper. Suprised Spurs weren't in for him.

FootieFan, your sig is beautiful.

Footiefan

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Great keeper. Suprised Spurs weren't in for him.

FootieFan, your sig is beautiful.

Even if Spurs went for him City wouldn't have sold him to Spurs. They dont want to strengthen their rivals, the reason Bellamy was loaned to Cardiff rather than selling him to Spurs..

Great signing for Villa though. Looks like Big EcK has good record with signing GKs. Hart, Foster, Given. Impressive..

Re sig: Thanks... Ruuuuddddd :proud::star:

Quatre Barres

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Jeffrén could play for Bolton next season. Without injuries, he could do well.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Jeffrén could play for Bolton next season. Without injuries, he could do well.

what position do you think jeffren really is? I mean barca system is really different from anything, let alone anything he'd play for bolton lol

More of a winger/midfielder more of a support forward? I can't really read him cause he rarely plays

There were rumors he'd go to udinese too so im curious....

Quatre Barres

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
what position do you think jeffren really is? I mean barca system is really different from anything, let alone anything he'd play for bolton lol

More of a winger/midfielder more of a support forward? I can't really read him cause he rarely plays

There were rumors he'd go to udinese too so im curious....

Haha, maybe not like Barça but they play some nice football I hear :D

I think Jeffrén is really a winger more than anything. He is fast and direct. At Barça, an inside forward, but he could be traditional winger for another club. He is capable of much more I feel, injuries have always stopped him. For example, his speed helped Barça so much against Estudiantes in the world cup of clubs.

I think he would have been good for Udinese but he and his father rejected that move (European football there so I don't know. Maybe Udine isn't nice?). Especially with Sánchez leaving...

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Bolton is a lovely area.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I have never been there so don't know if you're serious or not :D

It's a town in Greater Manchester ;)

Most footballers in the North West (United, Liverpool, City, Bolton, Blackburn, Everton) live in Chesire anyway.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Haha, maybe not like Barça but they play some nice football I hear :D

I think Jeffrén is really a winger more than anything. He is fast and direct. At Barça, an inside forward, but he could be traditional winger for another club. He is capable of much more I feel, injuries have always stopped him. For example, his speed helped Barça so much against Estudiantes in the world cup of clubs.

I think he would have been good for Udinese but he and his father rejected that move (European football there so I don't know. Maybe Udine isn't nice?). Especially with Sánchez leaving...

$$$$$$$$$

Udine is an ice place, but udinese is a REALLY small club. I don't think people realize how small it is. They have one of lowest wage bills in serie A, make least money etc. Thats why it was amazing and bad they got ucl spot. They have no shot really of fighting for it.

I wouldn't doubt they offered jeffren same wages he makes at barca or less. A championship club might pay him more, lol. Bolton as a premiership club certainly can pay him more

Take a look

Only 5 serie A clubs had lower wage bills than Udinese. Sanchez is second highest paid at 0.7mil euros a year, or like 14k a week. Doubt they offered Jeffren more than 500k-600k

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Graeme swann talks and talks but he making fun of EPL analysts is :thumbsup:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I think yaya toure just got seriously injured.

Man City playing Vancouver right now, he is not getting up and screaming in pain. He cannot walk. I can't tell if it's his knee or ankle, but he went up for a header and twisted leg on way down.

On a sidenote: What are these red and black jerseys city is using?

Last edited:

hdcantona

Senatore_M84's Protege
Reaction score
ouch. That's sad, I was sad to hear about Essien, I don't think it's a good thing to see quality players injured badly, even if they play for rivals

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Yaya is attempting to stand but clearly injured. It might not be as bad as the initial reaction, but doesn't look good. City still haven't made a sub.

Dzeko misses a sitter

on a sidenote: Yaya and Etoo were two biggest surprises for me post barca. I knew they were excellent players but seriously, i didn't know how complete they were. Barca actually strapped them back in roles they played.

edit: and whoever this Savic kid for City is, he looks promising. A bit raw but very promising

double edit: And Milner finally on for Yaya. Milner running like he's constipated. I think he wanted to get one out during halftime before coming on. That sucks

Last edited:

Ash

Swag Maestro
Reaction score
Yaya is attempting to stand but clearly injured. It might not be as bad as the initial reaction, but doesn't look good. City still haven't made a sub.

Dzeko misses a sitter

on a sidenote: Yaya and Etoo were two biggest surprises for me post barca. I knew they were excellent players but seriously, i didn't know how complete they were. Barca actually strapped them back in roles they played.

edit: and whoever this Savic kid for City is, he looks promising. A bit raw but very promising

double edit: And Milner finally on for Yaya. Milner running like he's constipated. I think he wanted to get one out during halftime before coming on. That sucks

We would have signed that Savic kid if it werent for the BS Non EU rules...

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Graeme swann talks and talks but he making fun of EPL analysts is :thumbsup:

He's still a fucking twat. Him, Anderson and all the other "LADS ON TOUR!!!!!!!!!!" English cricketers annoy the living fuck out of me.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Andrea MAncini on now.

Roberto's son. Lets see if he's good or just nepotism.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
What he do now?

same old. Looks completely out of touch with reality, his eyes have that drugged out expression, late challenge almost injurying people

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
He's still a fucking twat. Him, Anderson and all the other "LADS ON TOUR!!!!!!!!!!" English cricketers annoy the living fuck out of me.

Do England actually have any English cricketers?

Footiefan

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
$$$$$$$$$

Udine is an ice place, but udinese is a REALLY small club. I don't think people realize how small it is. They have one of lowest wage bills in serie A, make least money etc. Thats why it was amazing and bad they got ucl spot. They have no shot really of fighting for it.

I wouldn't doubt they offered jeffren same wages he makes at barca or less. A championship club might pay him more, lol. Bolton as a premiership club certainly can pay him more

Take a look

Only 5 serie A clubs had lower wage bills than Udinese. Sanchez is second highest paid at 0.7mil euros a year, or like 14k a week. Doubt they offered Jeffren more than 500k-600k

I'm not sure about $$$$$.. This is what I read..

Jeffren was meant to be involved in that deal but Jeffren was insulted by Pozzo's offer of sending him on loan to GRANADA for a year, Pozzo family also owns the Spanish club in addition to Udinese.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Status
Not open for further replies.