Lucas Biglia Thread

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
True. I just managed to watch the first half of the Chievo match that I missed and he played a blinder. When he plays well, we play well.

Meriano

Primavera
Reaction score
I know that all of you gonna attack me , to be honest i'm not really impressed by him, he can do a good performance, but facing a team that put a pressure on us, as against Cagliari and Napoli, he sank, missing many tackles, loosing his balance as soon as he tries to get back the ball off the opponent, too slaw, not very strong, if we wanna reach the peak, we have to bring another defensive midfielder

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
“I have huge respect for Gattuso,” Biglia told Sky.

“I 100 per cent have to thank for him the fact I’m still here and playing. I was lucky enough to play against him in Belgium in 2006 and to have him as my Coach is a pleasure.

“I hope I can repay him on the pitch. He doesn’t give you a second to relax, he’s always behind you, pushing you to give your best.

“We’re used to the Coach because we see him every day, but meeting Leonardo and Maldini is a strong feeling. Sometimes I feel shy, it’s such an emotion.

“A couple of weeks ago I asked Gattuso for a photo and he told me where to go!

“It’s a strong emotion, we want to hear all of their words, they give us the strength and desire to keep going. We really want to reach our objectives.”

This summer Biglia’s Argentina teammate Gonzalo Higuain also arrived at Milanello.

“The first thing I hoped was that the group would welcome him in the best way, because that’s what he needs.

“When he feels at home is when he gives his best, so that’s what I was hoping for. After a difficult World Cup, he deserves everything that’s happening now.

“When I saw that the lads really liked him, I knew he’d be able to express his qualities. Now he’s helping the youngsters.

“When I would meet him in the national team he’d say that he wanted to play with Suso, and that he liked him very much. We hope that he [Suso] can continue to grow because he can be really good.

“Higuain or Icardi? They’re the two most important players for Milan and Inter. Higuain is our best player and Icardi is Inter’s. We’re interested in what Higuain does.”

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
I know that all of you gonna attack me , to be honest i'm not really impressed by him, he can do a good performance, but facing a team that put a pressure on us, as against Cagliari and Napoli, he sank, missing many tackles, loosing his balance as soon as he tries to get back the ball off the opponent, too slaw, not very strong, if we wanna reach the peak, we have to bring another defensive midfielder

if selling him gets us rabiot or any other WC player I would do it in a heartbeat.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Most tackles per game in Europe's top 5 leagues

Idrissa Gueye [Everton] – 5.4

Adama Mbengue [Caen] – 5.0

Lucas Biglia [AC Milan] - 4.8

Aaron Wan-Bissaka [Crystal Palace] 4.6

Allan [Napoli] - 4.5

Biglia is such an important factor to our game, dictates the play and can tackle.

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Biglia is good,but nowhere near to our last world class DMF, Van Bommel.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Biglia is good,but nowhere near to our last world class DMF, Van Bommel.

very important position to have a veteran player
interestingly biglia has played about the same number of games as van bommel had for us, shame we couldn't have more. fortunately we have more of lucas

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Really worried about this injury. We are very dependent on him. Funny how people don't see what he brings to the table :fp:

Get well, Lucas!

b@D~HorsiE

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tendulkar, Maldini, Damon Hill, Gattuso, Leander Paes, Jim Courier, LT.
Out for a month. Perfect!

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Month is a little bit of a relief. From Gattuso’s comments yesterday I was expecting several months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
well then we need to stick to 4-4-2 anyway. Don't see anyone in our team right now who could replace him as lone CDM in a 3-man-midfield.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Biglia underwent medical checks over his injured calf muscle and he risks remaining out for 6-8 weeks [Sky]

this is bad

Moggster

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Robben, Zidane, Ibra, Nesta, Ronaldinho
How about now?

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Got this strange feeling he will get insta injured.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
i liked his little Cameo

with those clever passes that instantly unclog the danger area.

though:

1. i Think Bakayoko has earned the spot and should keep it. even though he's played almost every minute since Biglia's injury and will need some rest...but should stay the first option.

2. as much as i like Biglia, it will be clever business to look for a young replacement this summer... he is getting up there in age... but even more alarming, his injuries, i'm 99% sure he'll miss at least 2 games before the end of the season due to knocks

Great to have him back though

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
What a sexy sexy goal.

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Welcome back so good to have you back.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
That was one of the most perfect free kicks you’ll ever see. Brilliant.

Great game all round today

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Great to see him score that FK, definitely a calming presence in the midfield. Especially during the last 10-15 minutes or so.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic

200.gif

luuuucaaaaaaaaassssss

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
That was a fuckin brutal fk

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Excellent FK. No way to save it.

Really happy for him, it's clear he needed it after all these struggles.

We looked more fluid with him, although his teammates kinda sucked (Paqueta especially).