Week 03: Lazio vs Milan - Sunday 10/09/2017 - delayed kickoff @ 16:00 CET

Asterix

Primavera
Reaction score
And god damn it, Montolivo is scoring...am scared as shit! I have a bad feeling about this!

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Donnarumma 5.5
Calabria 5
Bonucci 6
Musacchio 6.5
Rodriguez 5.5
Montolivo 6
Biglia 6
Kessie 6
Borini 5.5
Cutrone 5.5
Suso 6

Kalinic 6
Calhanoglu 6.5
Bonaventura NA

Bunch of mediocre performances

6/10 is not mediocre. At least not in the Italian rating system.

Donna: 5.5
Calabria: 3.5
Bonucci: 5.0
Musaccio: 6.0
Rod: 6.0
Monto: 6.0
Biglia: 5.5
Kessie: 5.0
Borini: 5.0
Cutrone: 5.0
Suso: 5.0

squaresolid

8-bit noise~
Reaction score
Fav. Players
▌║║█║║▌│║█║█│
football-italia version:

Milan

Gianluigi Donnarumma - 4

Actually had little to do other than pick the ball out of the net four times. Could not really do much about any of the goals, his defence let him down hugely today.

Davide Calabria – 2

Lucky to get away with a foul on Ciro Immobile in the box in the opening stages. Went missing for Immobile’s second goal and was turned inside-out by Luis Alberto for the third Lazio goal. Failed to track the run of Immobile for Lazio’s fourth. One of those games where nothing went right and everything went wrong for him today. No doubting his attacking play, but showed today that he is a weak link defensively.

Mateo Musacchio – 3

Neither centre-backs could contend with Immobile or Alberto this afternoon. Both players gave Immobile too much room for the third goal and just overall looked outplayed.

Leonardo Bonucci – 3

Similar to his fellow centre-back Musacchio, Leo was not able to prevent Immobile from running riot. Was nowhere to be seen for Alberto’s break-away goal and allowed Immobile far too much room In the box for the third goal. Looked, as ever, comfortable playing out from the back and keeping possession but nowhere near his best.

Ricardo Rodriguez – 3

Allowed Senad Lulic too much time to pick out Immobile at the far post for the second Lazio goal and was unable to prevent Immobile for the third. Did not get forward much and was largely ineffective, as was the majority of the Milan side.

Franck Kessie – 5

Gave away the penalty and looked uncomfortable for long periods. Looked strong going forward and his potential is clear to see, despite not always choosing the right options. Often went for goal when he had players in better positions. Had another opportunity in the second half, but blazed over the bar from six yards.

Lucas Biglia – 2

A game to forget on his return to the Olimpico since his move from Lazio to Milan in the summer. Was part of a midfield which was second-best for almost the entire game and had very little impact.

Riccardo Montolivo – 4

A game of two halves for the 32-year-old. First half he looked lethargic and off the pace, as Milan were over-run in midfield. However, managed to get a goal for Milan and looked more composed on the ball in the second half. Certainly, starting to look a little slow and tired for this league now.

Suso – 5

Probably the liveliest player for Milan and looked like he was trying to make things happen going forward. Did not quite play up to his high standards, failed to provide enough support to Patrick Cutrone and was not able to create any clear-cut chances.

Patrick Cutrone – 2

Was hardly mentioned in commentary and failed to get himself involved in the game in any aspect. Was not provided with anything and he cannot be blamed for his lack of touches, as he was well marked and kept quiet until he was replaced by Hakan Calhanoglu on 56 minutes.

Fabio Borini – 2

A player who was preferred ahead of Andre Silva today, which proved to be a mistake. Whilst he works very hard and has plenty of energy, he looks a cut below what Milan are after from their front players. Was ineffective and was brought off with Cutrone on 56 minutes, to be replaced by Nikola Kalinic.

Substitutes

Nikola Kalinic – 4

Lazio defenders were given a stronger test when the Croatian was brought on and he looked much more likely to score than Borini or Cutrone. Still was not able to manufacture any serious shot on goal.

Hakan Calhanoglu – 4

His creativity was obvious and looked lively when he came on. His cross nearly went through everyone and went in, but was saved. Could not pick apart the Lazio defence, however.

Giacomo Bonaventura – N/A

Was only on the field for 15 minutes, did little worthy of note.

David Ninan

Primavera
Reaction score
we started well and 25 mins in it was super cagey.

kessie gave away a penalty (rather stupidly) mainly out of frustration that we werent offering anything in attack.

then immobile scored a super volley thanks to calabria being in the other half.

second half lazio started where they left off scoring 2 more.

Finally montella removed lord borinni and cutrone to bring on kalinic and hakan.

-Hakan was our most dangerous player and fought hard and created a few chances for us.

-Montolivo was basically playing Biglias role but from a LCM position. While he every now and then does something good...he can not be anything but a regista (that too a lot worse than Biglia and maybe even Locatelli) He just doesnt have the legs to run box to box.

-Calabria is a useless piece of trash who is responsible for 3 of our goals

-Borini is very useful and hardworking. Unfortunately he is fodder of the highest quality. How bad is he exactly? He could play in the ISL and still be among the worst players in his team. He has a very unique talent - he asks for the ball when he has already decided who he can play a back pass to. FOr instance, he asks the ball from montolivo so he can play it back to ric rod who is behind monto. Molto useful :thumbsup:

-Kalinic fared a bit better than Cutrone but TBF Lazio were sitting back. He seems to be an OKish striker, maybe better than Silva currently.

- Good players like Biglia Kessie and Bonucci are being made to look bad because of these fodders.

Looks like we are going to play 3 at the back from next game.

Thanks for the writeup :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I noticed the same about Borini. He gets the balls slows down the attack and back passes to another player. Hopefully borini, Montolivo, Calbria stay away from the team

Asterix

Primavera
Reaction score
I just cant get Montella`s bullshit about how Cutrone is the most prepared attacker??
Silva playing for Portugal, scores and he is not prepared for Ac Milan?? Get lost Montella, 4 goals for god sake...

Someone need to get Montella`s head bright and clear ASAP!

.A.K.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka,Pato,Maldini,Inzaghi
A Spanish girl who's just new to the city wants to meet for lunch and to 'explore the city' so I'm not too upset but still a shame to miss Milan playing.

So this went far better than the match :lol:

Lovely girl

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
I still don't care too much for the lose. I am hoping now Montella see's that Borini, Monto, and Calabria should only play against Icelandic Europa league fodder. And get Andre Silva in there will ya.

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Okay we are going to lose today.. there I said it

giphy.gif

"I am tired robbie" - rnb members after the match

giphy.gif

_______

Seriously though no need for all this meltdown. Last season after 3 matches we had 3 points and in January we were in 3rd place.

One match isn't going to define our season.. Let us see how montella and co. will react to this loss starting from the EL match and then against udinese at san siro.

Forza milan.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Not doubting this team yet but 2 things for me were incomprehensible:

1. Playing Cutrone in a fixture like this - Cutrone has scored but he offers very little in holding up the ball. In today's game it really showed.

2. Calabria. I really think he's not even good enough to be a back up...

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
OMG - coach is too stubborn, persisting with a formation that doesn't fit our best players ... and Romagnoli is not injured anymore & has been training fully with the team for weeks, we could have changed to 3 atb already ... benching him two matches in a row, he doesn't deserve that ... We've bought too many players, not keeping enough of last years starters, instead of building on last year we are starting from scratch ... and its looking like coach does not want to learn from mistakes ... worrying

Team will need time to gel...

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Didn't get to see the game.
What happened that we lost by such a margin?

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Didn't get to see the game.
What happened that we lost by such a margin?

We were doing alright until we conceded the penalty. Then another followed quite quickly.

Then the second half started, we hope to bring it back, and Lazio score two goals in quick succession.

Then we do alright but never really very dangerous and Lazio are always dangerous on the counter and just anyway.

Overall, pretty pathetic match. Glad it happened early on but would have been happier if it didn't need to happen at all.

Australiano1980

Empire of Brazil
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo
cant say this wasnt expected.. the team still is very fragile. Andre Silva used to play as a winger at Porto(nothing impressing) but a better option than Borini.. Montolivo holds down any possible midfield(Kessie was overworking today).. and the team is nothing agressive.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
any reports from dcfcfan1 yet?

did he made it?

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
Suso is good and all ... I'm not blaming him for anything, but we can't continue with 4-3-3 just because of him... he ain't no Messi lets be honest here.... system must change ... why didn't we buy players for 4-3-3 if we were planning to build around Suso? No sense at all... he probably should have been sacrificed during the mercato..

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
This is why it's wrong to just lash out when the coach doesn't make the "correct" choices. We don't know the status of the players.

He didn't explain Calabria over Abate though. Would've loved an explanation on that one.

Well he couldn't go and admit that he took two tablets of LSD before deciding on the RB. Monto coupled with Borini was too much for the left side to handle but Calabria was a awful selection on his own regardless of who plays around him. The only attacking player he took out of the game was Suso :fp: :lol:

Too much injuries for god sake...wtf is the problem??

Bona barely played since February, i forgot that Romagnoli is a AC Milan player, Hakan got a mystrious knock, Conti ankle and Biglia had just 3 training sessions since he is a Milan player. Unbelievable, just fricking unbelievable!

I mean what do you expect? You want Bonaventura to play during a injury that takes a recovery time of 4-5 months? As for Romagnoli that's more an issue with your memory than him being absent. Was he supposed to play football during the summer when we weren't playing? :lol:

99% sure MilanLab is a fight club in disguise

It would make a lot of sense. I really don't understand how we're having so many injury issues in the past few years when before that we had players with incredible longevity. Guess the senatores had elite level bone genetics or something :lol:

Suso is good and all ... I'm not blaming him for anything, but we can't continue with 4-3-3 just because of him... he ain't no Messi lets be honest here.... system must change ... why didn't we buy players for 4-3-3 if we were planning to build around Suso? No sense at all... he probably should have been sacrificed during the mercato..

I wouldn't be surprised if Montella insists on 433 because he doesn't wants to play 3-5-2 unless we have a left footed CB. So until Romagnoli gets fit, we'd be fucked if that were the case. Just a guess though.

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria
why did we sell niang + kucka again

abritcemeng

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Not doubting this team yet but 2 things for me were incomprehensible:

1. Playing Cutrone in a fixture like this - Cutrone has scored but he offers very little in holding up the ball. In today's game it really showed.

2. Calabria. I really think he's not even good enough to be a back up...
Let's be fair on cutrone..
Which ball he should've held up? He didn't receive any decent ball from midfield... Just some horrendous long balls from bonucci

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Let's be fair on cutrone..
Which ball he should've held up? He didn't receive any decent ball from midfield... Just some horrendous long balls from bonucci

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

:thumbsup: people blaming cutrone. poor boy was up against whole lazio defense and non of the attackers did anything to help him. silva would have had exactly the same match if he started. kalinic didn't even had preseason and did nothing better when he came on.

conceding 4 goals in such a small space of time is a disgrace. players were all over the place. whole team sucked yesterday and not just the coach. montella does have to take big share of it though.

Asterix

Primavera
Reaction score
I mean what do you expect? You want Bonaventura to play during a injury that takes a recovery time of 4-5 months? As for Romagnoli that's more an issue with your memory than him being absent. Was he supposed to play football during the summer when we weren't playing? :lol:

You didn't get the point....its not players that are injured i criticize, its the strange momentum how the hell everyone gets injured and are so fragile in the start of the season when you should have full roaster and gel the team for the start of the season.

Nonetheless, maybe this defeat will be a lesson, maybe this is a red flag or some kind of bullshit...BUT, you cant be allowed to be thrashed away by a team who is a straight contender for the 4-th place. The message we recieved is quite shitty. The team is ok, mercato was excelent...what worries me is Montella!!

bijo

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Cassano, Inzaghi, Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Sheva, Crespo, Van Bommel, R9
You didn't get the point....its not players that are injured i criticize, its the strange momentum how the hell everyone gets injured and are so fragile in the start of the season when you should have full roaster and gel the team for the start of the season.

Nonetheless, maybe this defeat will be a lesson, maybe this is a red flag or some kind of bullshit...BUT, you cant be allowed to be thrashed away by a team who is a straight contender for the 4-th place. The message we recieved is quite shitty. The team is ok, mercato was excelent...what worries me is Montella!!

The loss was expected. This is the Lazio that beat Juventus recently, they are capable of contending for 1st place let alone 4th. They are also a better team than ours with a better coach and more experienced players who have been playing together for a long time.

There are at least 4 to 5 other teams that are superior to Milan on paper. Juve, Napoli, Lazio, Inter and perhaps even Roma have better teams. To get 4th place will require a good coach, no mistakes and a lot luck.

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
A loss against Laxio isn't worrying, the result 4:1 is worrying. Montella needs to learn faster. Always playing Cutrone and Borini ahead of Silva and Kalinic is getting annoying.

Schedule