The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players

AC Milan History, Legends, Icons & Former Players Talk about the history of AC Milan or its legendary/ordinary former players.

Old 24-04-2006, 21:47   #61
WILL2K
Magical Milan

Fav. Players: Pippo , Maldini , Kaka , Zizou . All Milan players are my fav .players..;-)

As for me , it's alrite to have Cafu for next season. Like Oliver Kahn said " Milan players' age are just statistics . They don't count " i do believe that . As long as a player is in good form and healthy , it would rather sound stupid to not let him play due to his age when it doesn't matter
WILL2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2006, 21:55   #62
ROSSONERO_PR
I-BRA-vissimo !

Fav. Players: MALDINI, NESTA, KAKA', KALADZE, BEHRAMI, LORIK CANA, BOGDANI, PATO, MARADONA, M.V.B etc.

FORZA CAFU
ROSSONERO_PR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2006, 22:03   #63
GeronimoFinch
National Team Player

Fav. Players: Savicevic, van Basten, Rijkaard, Seedorf, Gattuso

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILL2K
As for me , it's alrite to have Cafu for next season. Like Oliver Kahn said " Milan players' age are just statistics . They don't count " i do believe that . As long as a player is in good form and healthy , it would rather sound stupid to not let him play due to his age when it doesn't matter
Yip! As long as a player is in good form and healthy. Neither of which could apply to Cafu for large portions of the season.

Signature
Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present. - Marcus Aurelius
GeronimoFinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2006, 23:50   #64
Passion for *9*
AC Milan Icon

YAY, Forza Milan Retirement Home !

Our next shirt sponsor should be Depends

Signature

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ perfection ▪ ▪
Passion for *9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2006, 08:00   #65
zZ[-_-]Zz
¤ Gli Invicibili ¤

Fav. Players: Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILL2K
i agree with that... but let's hope for next season someone would be fightin' with him for the 1st choice slot at RB... that way we could have a ready replacement for him when he retires...
zZ[-_-]Zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2006, 11:05   #66
Redsun
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Van Basten, Gullit, Savicevic, Nesta, Hateley, Simone, Virdis, Baresi, Eranio

i think he can still do good jobs for this team.he is unlucky this year because of his many injuries.remember last year he was one of our best.speed+motivation+attack footbal...hope he recover himself as soon as possible.
Redsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2006, 15:27   #67
Pipa
Rotten Apple

Cafu earns Rossoneri reward

Brazil defender Cafu is to play on at AC Milan until at least summer 2007 after extending his contract at the San Siro.

The right-back, who turns 36 in June, has suffered from a series of injuries this campaign which has limited him to 19 appearances in Serie A and four in the UEFA Champions League. He picked up an ankle problem at the weekend but is expected to be fit for Wednesday night's trip to FC Barcelona, with Milan trailing 1-0 from the first leg. Cafu joined Milan on a free transfer from AS Roma ahead of the 2003/04 season and immediately helped his new side to win the Scudetto. He had previously spent six consecutive seasons in the Italian capital, having arrived in 1997.

©uefa.com 1998-2006. All rights reserved.
Pipa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2006, 18:22   #68
Redsun
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Van Basten, Gullit, Savicevic, Nesta, Hateley, Simone, Virdis, Baresi, Eranio

i'm happy that he's with us one more year...go on cafu!!!
Redsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 12:16   #69
Jasper
Maldini tier

Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli, Michael Avenatti

Guess who wants to become our new central-defender?

Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 18:20   #70
PUPO
Stiamo tornando

Fav. Players: Seedorf, Pippo, Totti, R80, Messi, Sheva

I just read about it...
I dont really know if it would suit him but the desire he is showing is really admirable.
I understand him not wanting to give up though, he is always happy when he plays...

Signature
PUPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 18:21   #71
ACMCEAR
Con il diavolo insieme

Fav. Players: *KPB*, /THIAGO SILVA\, +PATO+, Nesta, Noce, Super Pippo, Abate, Baresi, MvB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pupone#10
I just read about it...
I dont really know if it would suit him but the desire he is showing is really admirable.
I understand him not wanting to give up though, he is always happy when he plays...
Agree, his desire is really admirable, but i think its time to think about retirement for him, i dont see him playing as a cb, at least not for us
ACMCEAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 00:43   #72
zZ[-_-]Zz
¤ Gli Invicibili ¤

Cafu playin' in the middle of the defence... hmmm... not likely unless it is Milan's ambition to set the record number of goals conceded in the Serie A... he was a winger deployed as a defender... if that doesn't indicate his defensive qualities... i don't know what should?

Last edited by zZ[-_-]Zz; 05-06-2006 at 01:17.
Old 05-06-2006, 01:46   #73
ACMCEAR
Con il diavolo insieme

Fav. Players: *KPB*, /THIAGO SILVA\, +PATO+, Nesta, Noce, Super Pippo, Abate, Baresi, MvB

Quote:
Originally Posted by zZ[-_-]Zz
i agree with that... but let's hope for next season someone would be fightin' with him for the 1st choice slot at RB... that way we could have a ready replacement for him when he retires...
Agree 100%
Old 05-06-2006, 01:50   #74
zZ[-_-]Zz
¤ Gli Invicibili ¤

wow... i'm impressed with you... you really dug out some old messages...
Old 05-06-2006, 01:54   #75
ACMCEAR
Con il diavolo insieme

Quote:
wow... i'm impressed with you... you really dug out some old messages...
LOL, havent seen it and it remarks what i think so i said: yay lets quote this guy
Old 05-06-2006, 03:49   #76
jigaromilan
National Team Player

Fav. Players: Kaladze - Shevchenko - Kaka - Nesta - Maldini

cafu in a center no way man will get killed.
jigaromilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 14:52   #77
acerвιc wιт
Milano Siamo Noi!

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi

I don't think Cafu is a central defender. To me, he is an out right wing back and noone is better than him at that...except Paolo of course

After read his comments, I feel that his legs are giving in on him. I think he can still play at the highest level on the right hand side of defense, though I recommended we sign a decent replacement to provide Cafu more rest throughout the duration of the season.

Signature

"You cannot buy football, you construct it." - Arrigo Sacchi.
acerвιc wιт is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 15:48   #78
yonggoh
Smoker

Fav. Players: Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Paolo
I don't think Cafu is a central defender. To me, he is an out right wing back and noone is better than him at that...except Paolo of course

After read his comments, I feel that his legs are giving in on him. I think he can still play at the highest level on the right hand side of defense, though I recommended we sign a decent replacement to provide Cafu more rest throughout the duration of the season.
cafu had a good game for brazil last night vs new zealand

Signature
yonggoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 18:24   #79
ACMCEAR
Con il diavolo insieme

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonggoh
cafu had a good game for brazil last night vs new zealand
In fact for being honest in Brazil friendlies he has been runing like a 25 years old
Old 05-06-2006, 18:32   #80
Yuchen Li
58 unbeaten !

Fav. Players: Maldini, Kaladze, Materazzi, Abbiati, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Kaka, Inzaghi, Gilardino

Quote:
Cafu playin' in the middle of the defence... hmmm... not likely unless it is Milan's ambition to set the record number of goals conceded in the Serie A... he was a winger deployed as a defender... if that doesn't indicate his defensive qualities... i don't know what should?
I agree with you. Although he shows admirable desire to change a new role.. in my opinion, his defensive skill is worse than his attack skill + he is short ( Baresi is also short, but they are different ), and we know, Milan's defenders' most problem in the game is how to defend the air ball, i don't think Cafu can do this job.

When he was in Roma, his postion is a RM more than a RB.. even in Milan, because of Gattuso's teamwork, Cafu's attack time was more than defend time..

In my opinion, Ambrosini becomes a CB is much more realiable than Cafu.

Signature

people laugh and people cry

some give up and some always try

some say "Hi" and some say "Bye"

others may forget you but never I

http://www.geocities.com/lyc_fish/loveandkiss.html
Yuchen Li is offline   Reply With Quote