Christian Abbiati Thread

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
His communication with the defense today was not good and he didn't seem very calm either.

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
AC Milan News ‏@Milanello

Abbiati is now the goalkeeper with most appearances for Milan: 331. He broke Sebastiano Rossi's record (330) tonight.

Abbiati: "The record for most matches? It's a satisfaction to be the goalkeeper with most appearances in Milan's history."

Grande Capitano :star:

Last edited:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Il Capitano_3

CL winner
Reaction score
Cassilas is overrated and won't come cheap.

:thumbsup:

i don't think we will get casillas and to be honest i don't want him here because of his high wage and he's already 32 years old.

i would love to see Francesco bardi here next season.

imo he will be the NR. 1 for the NT in a few years.

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
Meh, I really hope Gabriel is good and is not just another hyped player by Galliani ... it would be funny if Galliani sends Gabriel and a few millions to get Perin from Genoa.

Ragamuffin

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Meh, I really hope Gabriel is good and is not just another hyped player by Galliani ... it would be funny if Galliani sends Gabriel and a few millions to get Perin from Genoa.

The few times have watched perin, he has been nothing special

That second pandev goal :fp:

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
The few times have watched perin, he has been nothing special

That second pandev goal :fp:

Meh, the second goal of Pandev wasn't that bad ... at least Perin didn't get beaten on the near post like Abbiati :D

Benny20

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Abbiati isn't a bad keeper he just is what he is .at 36/37 the reflexes have gone and although 1 or 2 times a great save may be had it's that 1 other time that will cost us a game.

the problem for us is Amelia is not good enough to push abbiati out and Milan don't seem to be willing to really take a chance with Gabriel and in fairness he may not be ready .

I think we have to be very careful with the next keeper we get

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Might have seen it late, but he's got to be saving it.

If we don't buy a new goalkeeper next summer, i just give up on the matter.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
If Napoli don't sign Reina we should really go for him. The current Liverpool gk is also awesome.

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy
He's getting worse & worse. Wish we got a better GK in Jan.

Ross O. Neri

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, T.Silva, Hauge
Too frequently these days are goalkeepers succumbing to the natural curl of your standard in-step free kick.

For the most part, there is a lack of imagination on the part of the team taking the free kick, so the viewer can easily discern what side of the goal the ball will be curling into based on which foot is being used.

So, goalkeepers assemble their wall and then stand on the side of the goal opposite to where the ball will finish, I don't know whether this is because the goalkeeper's view is initially obstructed by the wall, or if they're relying on the wall to block any shots falling to that side of the goal, but today, Abbiati added to the list of goalkeepers that have been made to look foolish by the obvious.

Whether the solution is to devote fewer men to the wall so that a clearer view is gained, or the goalkeeper taking the responsibility to guard the goal-side that walls are currently protecting remains to be seen. However, with Milan appearing shaky in-game, as well as giving away a fairly high number of free-kicks, they can't afford another means for teams to score from.

Last edited:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It's pretty funny. When we had a chance to go for Marchetti (you know, when he was frozen out in Cagliari), people called him average and some even went as far to call Abbiati WC.

melanman

The Oracle
Reaction score
It's pretty funny. When we had a chance to go for Marchetti (you know, when he was frozen out in Cagliari), people called him average and some even went as far to call Abbiati WC.

I remember the same things being said when the discussion of acquiring Reina came up.

yagami7gnr

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Let's see:

- We could have gotten Lloris; however, we could not offload Abbiati (who did not wanted to leave.)

- We could have gotten Marchetti; however, G have to take Amelia due a promise to Preziosi.

Reina was never an option. EOS.

samir10

Moaaarr Attackers :proud:
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Shevchenko, Boban, Baresi, MVB, Inzaghi, Riquelme
I like this guy but Abi it's time you hang your boots.

Il Capitano_3

CL winner
Reaction score
Francesco+Bardi+Italy+v+Israel+UEFA+European+cH76dVJUa-Cl.jpg

replacement for abi :)

Futur NT #1

Il Capitano_3

CL winner
Reaction score
imo he's one of the best Young GK with curtois, ter stegen, leno and de gea.

for sure he's the best italian upcoming GK.

or do you guys think leali or perin are better? for perin, our chances are not bad cause he's a genoa player

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
imo he's one of the best Young GK with curtois, ter stegen, leno and de gea.

for sure he's the best italian upcoming GK.

or do you guys think leali or perin are better? for perin, our chances are not bad cause he's a genoa player

Perin is pretty garbage to be honest. The more I watch him, the less I want him @ Milan

Mexes_5

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Inzaghi, Kaka, Mexes, Pazzini
I know it's his kind of half assed personality.

But he looks like he just doesn't want to be there.

Schedule