1/16 - Netherlands (2) vs. Slovakia (1) - June 28th

Who will make the quarter finals?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fiero

Reaction score
This Holland is so doable.
Same as it is with Argentina they will go out as soon as they meet a decent team.

True, I don't see them getting tested by a really good team. Their performance so far, despite of the 4 wins out of 4 is bordering on boredom. They played like Germany and although they got they job done, this is not the kind of Holland the world knows and certainly not the kind of Holland I'm rooting for.

That's true. At the beginning of the tournament, I was really dissapointed, because I wanted to see sexy football from the Dutch. But they way they're playing now is so anti-Holland, which means they could finally win something.

In the past they used to entertain in the group stages, get tired and knocked out in the first test. This side has the quality but are playing with minimal effort and saving their energy till the tough tests. I have a feeling that they might upset Brazil.

As for Argentina, we all know Maradona's tactical intelligence is zero. But the unity and spirit of the group is great and that's important in this kind of tournaments. Also they have the best attack in the tournament by far, which means they don't need to tactically outsmart their opponents, they could afford to rely on individual brilliance.

Susan

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Sandro Nesta, Thiago Silva, Pippo, Ibra, Kaka
I'm sure Holland still can play better than they did in this tournament, but as long as they win it's good for them even if they didn't show their best. Also as long as Robben is fit it's a big bonus for them, he is really important for them and scores often too. I think they can also beat a great team if they play their best then this is possible. We will see how well they will do against their next opponent, Brazil.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy didnt we get robben when we stoled the 60mil from them instead?? 35mil to cover the losses and have pato on the left and robben on the right. FFS we probably wouldn't even need a better CF than borri than. 45mil + sneijder would be also as good.
Its because we had Dinho :proud::star::cool::smileani::devilrea:

The absolute leader of our team and irreplaceable force of Milan :proud::star::cool::smileani::devilrea:

Priority has to be Montolivo :proud::star::cool::smileani::devilrea: replacing Pirlo, and we're set with Dinho Powers :proud::star::cool::smileani::devilrea: leading the show :proud::star::cool::smileani::devilrea: of absolute failure

Last edited:

Sheva0172

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Maldini, Pippo, Nesta
Hahaha, just saw the press conference with Weiss. Slovakia had trained for 3 days how to defend Robben :D

adriancg

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Buffon, Fábregas, Rino, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Zidane, Kaká, R9, Pato, Agüero, Thiago Silva, Jovetic
Hahaha, just saw the press conference with Weiss. Slovakia had trained for 3 days how to defend Robben :D

Yet Robben scored the same goal he always scores. lol

Schedule