Serginho thread

acgaetano

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
italia wc team cassano kaka maldini crespo baggio zola maradonna
KAKA' 22 said:
he is rlly old :D we hv a 35 year old LB & a 36 year old LB :mad: pathetic :head:

is not how old they are it how thay can play and their both world class and can still play

MahmoodAB

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
all Milanese are one
serginho is great and i love his long crosses :> then a header from any attacker
forzaaaaa serginho

sivlE

Volunteer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
The Entire AC Milan Squad
Is Serginho injured? He has not started and has also not been on the bench for the last few matches. I am worried.

I really hope he comes back healthy and in-form soon. Jankulovski is a very good player but he can not match Serginho's pace, accuracy on passes and crosses and creativity.

I think Milan will need Serginho if we are to compete for a Scudetto and the CL trophy. He gives us another player to rotate but more importantly he allows Ancelotti more freedom in his strategy. Ancelotti loves to attack down the wings and Serginho is far better at this then Janku and Favalli. Serginho and Cafu when on the pitch together will give opposing defenses headaches :)

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Milan trained at 11.30 am CET, starting with a warm-up and then a series of sprints. Carlo Ancelotti then tried out the team to face Livorno in a game. The coach then posted the squad for the trip, adding Nesta, Kaladze and Ricardo Oliveira while resting Simic, Borriello and Costacurta. The injured Serginho was not called up.
Milan left Milanello at 4.15pm CET for Malpensa and a flight to Tuscany. The squad will return tomorrow evening straight after the game and a have training session on Sunday and Monday morning before flying out to France where they will face Lille on Tuesday at 8.45 pm CET in the Champions League.
acmilan.com

pussycat_doll

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Sheva, Maldini, Henry, Raul, Sergio Ramos
do u have any info when he will be back?

sivlE

Volunteer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gila#11. said:
Milan trained at 11.30 am CET, starting with a warm-up and then a series of sprints. Carlo Ancelotti then tried out the team to face Livorno in a game. The coach then posted the squad for the trip, adding Nesta, Kaladze and Ricardo Oliveira while resting Simic, Borriello and Costacurta. The injured Serginho was not called up.
Milan left Milanello at 4.15pm CET for Malpensa and a flight to Tuscany. The squad will return tomorrow evening straight after the game and a have training session on Sunday and Monday morning before flying out to France where they will face Lille on Tuesday at 8.45 pm CET in the Champions League.
acmilan.com
Ok, thanks for the update :(

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Does anyone know what he injured? November is a long way off and I'm guessing it will take him atleast a month to get completely involved in the team. Hope he comes back all guns blazing.

On a side note, I'm begining to think that he should be played in midfield. Janku, although not the same in attack, is a more suited defender + his height helps him clear crosses missed by Nesta-Kaladze. He also usually cuts into midfield when attacking, and if Serginho's in left midfield, he could play as a winger once Janku advances creating a menacing left attack I reckon.

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:
I think he has a back condition (herniated disc IIRC).
Yea, Slipped disc, out for a few month.I'm guessin will be back, Dec, Jan, Feb, though im not really botherd as Janku's doing good right now.

Fiore

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R. Baggio
He has a intervertebral hernia, and he's out for unknown amount of time. Rumors say that this disease might end his playing career.

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaladze, Materazzi, Abbiati, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Kaka, Inzaghi, Gilardino
Whatever he recover soon or later, i think Serginho had already passed his best. I respect him but i think he should either leaves Milan or retires in next season.

Faяouk

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Filippo Inzaghi, C Ronaldo, Kaka, Joe Cole, Totti, Recoba, Rui Costa, Pirlo, Gattuso, Maldini, Nesta
Yuchen Fish said:
Whatever he recover soon or later, i think Serginho had already passed his best. I respect him but i think he should either leaves Milan or retires in next season.

He should retire next season, he has got amazing talents, but he is way too inconsistent.

Can't forget his 6-0 performance though ;)

Medeea

Primavera
Reaction score
Fiore said:
He has a intervertebral hernia, and he's out for unknown amount of time. Rumors say that this disease might end his playing career.

Indeed, after recovering he won't be able to perform at this level. This condition is serious and takes time to recover and the effort is not recommended for a long period of time.

Let's hope everything will be ok.

Cassius

¤ King Kaka ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Gattuso, Maldini,Dida, Serghino, Seedorf, Robben, Cannavaro, Zambrotta, Buffon, Gourcuff
Originally Posted by Fiore

Its really a shame cause i always tought he was an amazing player his pace was unbelivable ... lot of people remember him from his 6-0 performance but there were plenty more wish there was a younger version of him around so we can Sign him

dida

>>*&#322;)*I*&#322;)*@*<<
Reaction score
Fav. Players
*Dida* *Maldini* *Nesta* *Gattuso*
Medeea said:
Indeed, after recovering he won't be able to perform at this level. This condition is serious and takes time to recover and the effort is not recommended for a long period of time.

Let's hope everything will be ok.
i m worried about rino`s and dida`s performances when they come back..it s a long period of time..
and i hope serginho recovers as soon as possible,but in my opinion he should retire,because i dont think he ll be able to run and play like before injury..

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Herniated Intervertebral Disc

Hernia is the protrusion of an organ or part of an organ or other structure through the wall of the cavity that normally contains it.

Hernias are qualified by the name of the part that protrudes or the area through which protrusion occurs. Thus, an intervertebral disc hernia, known as herniated disc, covers the various permutations of disc material displaced beyond the intervertebral disc space.

Herniated discs are most common in people in their 30s and 40s, although middle aged and older people are slightly more at-risk if they are involved in strenuous physical activity.

Disc herniation occurs in the lumbar spine 15 times more often than in the cervical portion of the spine. Disc herniations in the cervical portion account for about 8% of the total. Only 1 to 2% of the intervertebral disc herniations occur in the thoracic (upper-to-mid-back) spine region.

Mostly, discs herniate because of injury or improper lifting.

However, degenerative process also plays a vital role in discs herniations because the intervertebral discs lose their flexibility, elasticity, and shock absorbing characteristics. The tough layer of ligaments that surround the intervertebral disc may weaken, and it may no longer be able to contain the gel-like substance in the center. This material may bulge or push out through a tear in the disc wall, causing pain when it touches a nerve.

(GlobalSpine.com)

killiegradge

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Cafu
He will have surgery on Tuesday on his spinal column.
Could even be a career threatening or career saving operation depending on the outcome.

MilanLover1899

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, GilaGol, Gullit, MvB, Weah, Baresi, Pirlo, Sheva, Gattuso
well he is 35 now .. I think it will be the end of his carreer .. a pitty

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
Its done:

A.C. MILAN ANNOUNCEMENT
12/5/2006
A.C. Milan announce that Serginho has undergone an operation on a disc in his spinal column in Parma on Tuesday.

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaladze, Materazzi, Abbiati, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Kaka, Inzaghi, Gilardino
Good Luck !! But i hope this is your last season. No offense !! It's better for Milan, we need new blood !!

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
considerin' his injury & the time he needs to recover... i think the best solution is to release him from his contract... we will free up a non-EU spot which could prove vital...

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
^Yeah in signing Sheva... :rolleyes:

sivlE

Volunteer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
SERGINHO AT MILANELLO
1/31/2007
MILANELLO - Ronaldo joined the players who were not called up for the game in Roma at Milanello this morning and met up with Serginho who was working on the bicycle in the gym as he starts his comeback from injury. Cristian Brocchi, who had to come off in Sunday's game, will be available for selection this weekend while Kaladze, Borriello, Favalli and Ricardo Oliveira all trained.

Source: ACMilan.com
----

This is great news. With Oddo at right back, the signing of Ronaldo to strengthen the attack the one weak spot on the squad is left back where Janku, Favalli and Maldini have all been sub-par. I really hope Serginho's comeback is quick and could be ready for Champions League.

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
What? Is he like still playing for us??? :D Phuckin' retirement home!

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
sivlE said:
I really hope Serginho's comeback is quick and could be ready for Champions League.
Why? What's the point in rushing him back after months of rust from not playing? And by the time he gets back (if at all this season), we may not even be in the CL by then.

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
The Injury Situation

Medical director Jean Pierre Meersseman gives an update on the current injury situation and the condition of the Rossoneri's newest arrival.

5147_news.jpg

Serginho will also return at about the same time as Nesta: 'He is doing truly well. He is back from Brazil and started running again. Certainly, it's only his second day back and it's too soon to start jumping with joy but the visit with his surgeon went very well. He can start doing more intensive training and, if everything continues to go well, he will be back approximately between March 10 and 15.'

http://www.acmilan.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=39352

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Hope we can get Serginho back on board before the matches against Celtic as well as Nesta.

I miss the Concorde.

Schedule