The Rumour Commode XXIX: The real Maldoban era.

Which nickname do you think fits best for the Maldini and Boban duo?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
comments like this is exactly the problem. gabbia has done well enough and hasn't even played that much. and calabria had decent number of good games but has well defined problems. he is not a defender without a brain.

Calabria was brainless since his first games, a lot of mistakes, cards & more, not Milan material, and people thought he was a talent. Gabbia can?t tackle or intercept, we all can see this.

Last edited:

Allan_Sombrero

Milan Legend
Reaction score
comments like this is exactly the problem. gabbia has done well enough and hasn't even played that much. and calabria had decent number of good games but has well defined problems. he is not a defender without a brain.

Calabria has always been a defensive liability.

You can catch Calabria doing this at least once every match (leaving his flank wide open)

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p08k9lxh

They are talking about Rangnick starting at 4:45.

so... Ralf Rangnick has developed both RB Leipzig and RB Salzburg in the past 8 years. Look at number of talents at both club.
Now, the big man is going to Milan. FORZA !!!

4RZBNpR_700wa_0.gif

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
What has Calabria done?

Here I'll explain:
We were used with defensive full backs: De Sciglio and RR. And Calabria was the only one going forward, he played together with Suso and they linked "well" and fans thought this duo was working.

A lot of errors and cards, I think he was never an intelliegent player.

At least for other youngsters:

Saelemaekers has shown he can provide some good passes and crosses, but he should learn to stay in rythm with other players and improve his ball control.

Paqueta is the best dribbler here probably, he did defensive work as a midfielder and this limited him a bit, now at the role of AM he seeks some shots, but needs to score some goals and gain confidence.

For Rafael Leao we all knew he scored 8 goals in 0.5 seasons at Lille, and the words of his coach from Sporting who said he was the best talent he trained, we know they work with young players and they sell them to PL or LaLiga. When Leao arrived he showed he is capable of sprint and dribbling, his goal against Fiore was great, then they asked him to do the role of CF and less individual play, that's what he is trying now, 3 goals in 5 games coming as a sub, a goal in every 36 minutes.

Last edited:

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
Gabbia was a regista/DM at Primavera, then they changed his role to CB. He did not grow well in both roles. I had hopes for him, he started for Italy U19 when he was only 16 years old and so he looked very promising. But guy can't tackle or intercept like a defender, only winning some aerial duels is not enough.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Ibrahimovic: 'If this is Milan, I won't stay'
Zlatan Ibrahimovic confirms his confrontation with CEO Ivan Gazidis. ?If this is the situation, it?s unlikely you?ll see me at Milan next season. I am practically playing for free.?

In a snippet of the full interview Ibra gave to La Gazzetta dello Sport magazine Sportweek, which is released on Saturday, the Swede tore down the club?s current chiefs.

?Ibra plays to win something or he stays at home,? he replied when asked about his future.

?They told me that retiring in America was too easy, so I came back to Milan. I am here purely for passion, because I?m basically playing for free? Then this COVID situation stopped everything and I thought, maybe there?s something trying to tell me that I should retire?

?Fortunately, we got back on the pitch. My calf managed to get involved too, but after two days I was ready to come back into the team. Ibra is like that. But they told me to take it slow."

The 38-year-old has lost none of his verve, nor his tendency to talk about himself in the third person, but is he considering retirement?

?Ibra was born to play football and is still the best at playing football. We?ll see how I feel in two months. We?ll also see what?s happening with the club. If this is the situation, to be honest, it?s unlikely you?ll see me at Milan next season.

?Ibra is not a player for the Europa League and Milan are not a club who belong in the Europa League.?

The response was similar when questioned on those reports of the infamous face-to-face confrontation with CEO Ivan Gazidis at the training ground just before the Coppa Italia semi-final.

?I spoke for me and for the team. I needed to have some explanations on the future, both mine and of Milan. I said that this is not the Grande Milan I once experienced, that is true, but we must do the best we can even in this situation. All the way to the end.

?Ibra is here, Ibra takes care of it. I have to be here or you?ll lose the fans. I don?t know if there will be another club after Milan, I never like to close doors to opportunities.

?I will only go somewhere I have some control, not where words are worth nothing. I still have too much passion for what I do.?

Coach Stefano Pioli is getting strong results, but Milan have given up trying to deny they are in talks with Ralf Rangnick. Is Ibrahimovic impressed?

"Who is Rangnick? I don't even know who he is."

VultureSheva

Legendary Scout
Reaction score
DiMarzio : "Rangnick is watching Pessina to decide if he will be part of his future Milan side"

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
?Ibra is not a player for the Europa League and Milan are not a club who belong in the Europa League.?
I spoke for me and for the team. I needed to have some explanations on the future, both mine and of Milan. I said that this is not the Grande Milan I once experienced, that is true,
source.gif

beegees

I have Ph.D in Algorithm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Francesco Acerbi, Bakaye Traore, Kevin Constant

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Suso is gone people. It was said numerous time that the UCL qualification triggers the buy-out clause. 22 m incoming

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Suso is gone people. It was said numerous time that the UCL qualification triggers the buy-out clause. 22 m incoming

It was said numerous times that Sevilla have already decided to buy Andre Silva.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
It was said numerous times that Sevilla have already decided to buy Andre Silva.

I know there are reasons to be concered, as I feel Sevilla have a tendency to wiggle their way around the buy-out option. But worth remembering that Silva was never an obligation to buy, only an option to buy (€30m) & he apparently pretended to be injured to avoid playing for the last few months of the season. Even their SD, Joaquin Caparros, went publicly out of his way and severely criticized him.
?We are not stupid. Andre Silva will not play and it is a case of which we must speak for the sake of football. I hope his national team won?t call him because it would be wrong. How should Sevilla feel if we were to see him play with Portugal? I believe that the opinion of the doctor of the club that pays his salary must count?.

?Andre Silva is no longer in the squad and we need to seriously talk about this case. Let?s talk about a guy who did very well in the beginning, but then disappeared, especially in the last two months. I ask Portugal, for football?s sake, not to call him up for the Nations League.

It would be an insult to football. I believe that UEFA should investigate his medical reports. How would all the Sevilla fans react, all the technical staff, the managers, our president seeing Andre Silva on the pitch for Portugal in June??
Contrary to Suso, who is an obligation to buy & Sevilla are now 1 game away from qualifiying for CL. The correct figure is between €22m/€24m, I believe.

And at worst, if Sevilla refuse to pay the mandatory fee, we'll either:

A) Take case to CAS

B) We'll find an agreement with Sevilla to reduce the buy-out fee to €19m - €17m, owing to COVID-19 climate, which is still an acceptable fee for a player with undoubtedly no future at Milan.

MilanBG

Milan Legend
Reaction score

They did not have obligation. They just had an option and it doesn't matter what they said. In Suso's contract there is a clause forcing them to buy him if the objective is achieved. I believe it will be achieved very soon, therefore they will be forced to buy him. They don't have a say.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
They did not have obligation. They just had an option and it doesn't matter what they said. In Suso's contract there is a clause forcing them to buy him if the objective is achieved. I believe it will be achieved very soon, therefore they will be forced to buy him. They don't have a say.

The reports said Sevilla had already decided to buy him.

The reports are now saying that Suso's buyout clause will be mandatory if they qualify for CL.

You're basing it on these type of reports. But where's the proof?
No one has revealed the exact terms of the deal.
Monchi didn't mention UCL qualification. He only said collective and team objectives. The loan deal carries on for another 12 months. We don't know which season(s) the team objectives had to be met. I imagine that they needed to do more than just maintain the Top 4 position they were already on in January to trigger the clause.
It's all guesswork. Milan fans should know. Remember when journalists thought Aquilani hade already triggered the appearance-related clause just to find out months later that performances off the bench only counts as 0.5?

Nevermore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The reports said Sevilla had already decided to buy him.

The reports are now saying that Suso's buyout clause will be mandatory if they qualify for CL.

You're basing it on these type of reports. But where's the proof?
No one has revealed the exact terms of the deal.
Monchi didn't mention UCL qualification. He only said collective and team objectives. The loan deal carries on for another 12 months. We don't know which season(s) the team objectives had to be met. I imagine that they needed to do more than just maintain the Top 4 position they were already on in January to trigger the clause.
It's all guesswork. Milan fans should know. Remember when journalists thought Aquilani hade already triggered the appearance-related clause just to find out months later that performances off the bench only counts as 0.5?

Do you really not see difference between unofficial reports saying "decided to buy" and Monchi himself saying "The loan lasts until June 2021, after which there is an option to buy the player, exclusively for Sevilla FC, and an obligatory option to buy if some collective and team objectives are met, not individual"
Sevilla official site - https://www.sevillafc.es/en/actuald/news/monchi-at-suso-presentation

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Do you really not see difference between unofficial reports saying "decided to buy" and Monchi himself saying "The loan lasts until June 2021, after which there is an option to buy the player, exclusively for Sevilla FC, and an obligatory option to buy if some collective and team objectives are met, not individual"
Sevilla official site - https://www.sevillafc.es/en/actuald/news/monchi-at-suso-presentation

I quoted that Monchi statement myself....
No one's denying that there are clauses that could make the buyout mandatory if team objectives are met.

I'm referring to journalists' interpretations and wild guesses on the exact meaning of Monchi's vague statements. Because they are unclear. He didn't say that the clause is triggered if they make Top 4 this season.

As for the Silva reports, they were based on the Sevilla DoF's declaration that the Silva buyout option will be used and he will play there for many years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule