The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Football

Football Talk about the wonderful game.

View Poll Results: Who will be the winner of Golden Ball this Year ?
Kaka' 28 40.58%
Andrea Pirlo 3 4.35%
Leo Messi 12 17.39%
Zlatan Ibrahimovic 0 0%
Francesco Totti 1 1.45%
Ronaldinho 3 4.35%
Luca Toni 1 1.45%
Frank Ribery 0 0%
Riquelme 0 0%
Francesc Fabregas 1 1.45%
Gigi Buffon 0 0%
Cristiano Ronaldo 9 13.04%
Didier Drogba 0 0%
Steven Gerard 0 0%
Genaro Gattuso 2 2.90%
Wayne Rooney 0 0%
Paul Scholes 2 2.90%
Ruud van Nistelrooy 0 0%
David Villa 1 1.45%
Paolo Maldini 2 2.90%
Deco 0 0%
Thierry Henry 0 0%
Diego 0 0%
Ricardo Quaresma 1 1.45%
Clarence Seedorf 2 2.90%
Miroslav Klose 1 1.45%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 19-10-2008, 21:26   #21
radioactivenerd
Gol de Pablitooooo

Fav. Players: Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA

Torres, yes, if he had had a good Euro. IMO Ronaldo was still HEAPS better in the league, and about as good as torres in the euro.

Kaka and Rotundinho saying that Messy deserves it is a load of poppycock. he has won nothing, and has done nothing but dribble with no end product for hte whole of last season, compared to crotundo.

Signature

Save Us

radioactivenerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2008, 21:35   #22
Charbel
"Il Capitano"

Fav. Players: Maldini, L.Ronaldo, Nesta, Ambrosini

Well, it is supposed to rate players for the 2008 Season, so the performances C.R put in 2007 should be forgotten.(Right Now..C.R's performances aren't GOLDEN)

IMO, Casillas is the one that deserves this trophy the most..
But..If C.R wins it I wouldn't Call it Unfair.
Charbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2008, 21:37   #23
Jasper
Maldini tier

Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Mario Balotelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioactivenerd
Torres, yes, if he had had a good Euro. IMO Ronaldo was still HEAPS better in the league, and about as good as torres in the euro.
But Iker took out everybody in his position in both competitions ...

(I just don't want to see it in the hands of such a twat. though the award is so subjective and debatable since the end of times I think giving it to Iker instead of Cristiano wouldn't be earthwrecking considering their useful-factor as well as achievements .. well, to me at least)

Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2008, 21:41   #24
manutd fan
EPL Captain

Fav. Players: Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia

Quote:
as much as i LOATHE him, if anyone except cristiano ronaldo wins this, the award will confirm itself as a joke.
The award confirmed itself as a joke as soon as they forgot to put Rio Ferdinand on that list. He was by a country mile our most important player in the CL and most consistant in the league aswell.

I have a feeling that Messi will win it tbh, which I wouldn't mind really. It serves Ronaldo right for acting like a pilock all summer.
manutd fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2008, 21:52   #25
radioactivenerd
Gol de Pablitooooo

Fav. Players: Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper
But Iker took out everybody in his position in both competitions ...

(I just don't want to see it in the hands of such a twat. though the award is so subjective and debatable since the end of times I think giving it to Iker instead of Cristiano wouldn't be earthwrecking considering their useful-factor as well as achievements .. well, to me at least)
True...i would be able to defend Casilass the best if he won it over crotundo. I would be overjoyed if casilass won it over ccrotundo, but at the end of the day, crotundo deserves it a lot more.

@Manufan

what makes you think Messy is gonna win it? he has done nothing! these awards tend to orgasm over ppl that win titles, not just how well they play. I think if they dont want anyone from the EPL to win it, it should be Casilass hands down.
Crotundo is just going to get a head thats entirely too big if he ends up winning this award. he already thinks hes the shit. someone needs to slap him down to size.

Signature

Save Us

Old 19-10-2008, 21:56   #26
manutd fan
EPL Captain

Quote:

@Manufan

what makes you think Messy is gonna win it? he has done nothing! these awards tend to orgasm over ppl that win titles, not just how well they play. I think if they dont want anyone from the EPL to win it, it should be Casilass hands down.
Crotundo is just going to get a head thats entirely too big if he ends up winning this award. he already thinks hes the shit. someone needs to slap him down to size.
Well because Players from the premiership rarely win these things firstly. Henry should definately have won it once, and Beckham in 99' should have atleast been considered, its just one of those things.

Plus, its voted by journo's around Europe, and naturally the Premiership is the most hated league right now, so combign that with the fact that Ronaldo is very hatable and Messi is easy on the eye, I think he'll take it.

Although I agree he did nothing. I don't know why people thought he was excellent in last years CL either. He had a couple of great games ( e.g 3-3 with madrid) and a couple of great moments (Maradona esque goal) but he wasn't consistant, partly due to injuries.
Old 19-10-2008, 22:06   #27
radioactivenerd
Gol de Pablitooooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by manutd fan
Plus, its voted by journo's around Europe, and naturally the Premiership is the most hated league right now
I'd have to disagree there. The national team coach of Kiribati will probably be a Man City fan

The hatred is limited to italy, and possibly spain. All of Asia/Africa/USA LOVES the EPL.

Signature

Save Us

Old 19-10-2008, 22:08   #28
manutd fan
EPL Captain

Quote:
I'd have to disagree there. The national team coach of Kiribati will probably be a Man City fan

The hatred is limited to italy, and possibly spain. All of Asia/Africa/USA LOVES the EPL.
But the journo's are from around Europe, not Asia, Africa, USA ect.
Old 19-10-2008, 22:21   #29
drucurl
Banned

Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
Default Damn you Manutd fan for making me defend CR7

Quote:
Well because Players from the premiership rarely win these things firstly. Henry should definately have won it once, and Beckham in 99' should have atleast been considered, its just one of those things.

Plus, its voted by journo's around Europe, and naturally the Premiership is the most hated league right now, so combign that with the fact that Ronaldo is very hatable and Messi is easy on the eye, I think he'll take it.

Although I agree he did nothing. I don't know why people thought he was excellent in last years CL either. He had a couple of great games ( e.g 3-3 with madrid) and a couple of great moments (Maradona esque goal) but he wasn't consistant, partly due to injuries.
Let's be honest here Henry = shit.....he couldn't cut it anywhere outside England including the national team. Had he led Arsenal/France to ONE major trophy he would have surely nicked it.....WC 2006 was the last chance I gave to Henry.

We all knew Becks was overrated from day #1 but he was in the rankings for golden ball, which Michael Owen- another VASTLY more skilled englishman won....no complaints there.

CR7 is FAR better than Henry OR Becks COMBINED. His pace is close to Henry's and his deadball skills are nearing Beckham's excellence. There are almost NO flaws in his game (when was the last time you ever heard of a winger that scored so many headders for instance) he's kinda like what Sheva was for Milan...only Sheva was a nice humble guy.

Quote:
The award confirmed itself as a joke as soon as they forgot to put Rio Ferdinand on that list. He was by a country mile our most important player in the CL and most consistant in the league aswell.

I have a feeling that Messi will win it tbh, which I wouldn't mind really. It serves Ronaldo right for acting like a pilock all summer.
If Messi wins it I will have trouble feeling as good about Ronaldo's own golden ball haul. Messi has done precious little except score a Maradonna-esque goal vs vastly inferior opponents and Barca lost the tie anyway. Messi has flaws in his game though both he and Kaka can be more brilliant than CR7.

As for the exclusion of Ferdinand don't worry about it.... with all due respect, it's not like he was going to win anyway
drucurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2008, 10:24   #30
GreatKalu
I still believe!

1) Ronaldo ... the slim one who likes little boys.

2) Messi ... the little prick.

3) Torres ... can't think of anything at the moment.

Signature
SEVEN
GreatKalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2008, 14:42   #31
dev1L
AC Milan Icon

CR7 or Casillas and i think there is no question about that. It will be hard for Casillas to win it, especially because he is a goalkeeper but he was one of the most important figures in Spain success @ euro + he had great season with Real, saving them numerous of times and in the end wining Zamora trophy as a best goalkeeper in LA LIGA.
dev1L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2008, 14:50   #32
Besfort
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtherchot

http://www.thespoiler.co.uk/index.ph...if-they-had-to

Signature
Besfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2008, 14:57   #33
menon_inc
¤ I Still Believe ¤

Quote:
You got him mixed up with Wenger

Signature
AC MILAN --THE BEST THERE IS
THE BEST THERE WAS
AND THE BEST THERE EVER WILL BE
-----------http://talkmilan.blogspot.com/--------

Legends
menon_inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2008, 15:13   #34
manutd fan
EPL Captain

Quote:

2) Messi ... the little prick.

The scouser would be a good enough insult
Old 20-10-2008, 15:47   #35
Wild
*Rejuvenation*

Fav. Players: Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba

C.Ronaldo without a doubt.
I dont know how Messi have a shot @ it since Zlatan was miles better.
Wouldnt mind Cassi.

Signature
Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2008, 09:48   #36
radioactivenerd
Gol de Pablitooooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild
Wouldnt mind Cassi.
who?

Signature

Save Us

Old 21-10-2008, 09:49   #37
radioactivenerd
Gol de Pablitooooo

Quote:
But the journo's are from around Europe, not Asia, Africa, USA ect.
Ah right. Although for the World Player of the Year, they are from everywhere i think.

Signature

Save Us

Old 21-10-2008, 09:51   #38
x__player
World Cup Winner

C.Ronaldo was the best last season 4 sure. Messi and Zlatan arent even near him...Messi was good but not that great and Zlatan was injured quiet a lot and didnt score as much...

But if they gonna look at the Euros 2008 maybe one of spain players will get it like Torres...
x__player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2008, 11:06   #39
Jasper
Maldini tier

Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Mario Balotelli

Quote:
who?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cassie_(singer)

Would have thought he nominates Jessica but ...

(I'm sure we all understood he means a person already heavily in the discussion - Casillas)

Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2008, 04:53   #40
gaizka22
Apprentice father

Fav. Players: van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta

C.Ronaldo will win it. No doubt. As much as I loathe this guy; EPL and CL tittles will swing the vote to him, not to mention the number of goals scored.

Last season Kaka was the hot fave because of the CL triumph (and 10 goals in the competition). However, there was still doubts since he didn't do much for Milan in Serie A but - IMO - what really clinched the tittle for him was his performance in FIFA World Club Cup.

Signature
If there’s a God, you must see Him in your heart
If there’s a soul, you must perceive it
Otherwise, it is better not to believe
It is better to be an outspoken atheist
Than to become a religious hypocrite
gaizka22 is offline   Reply With Quote