Week 10: AC Milan 1-0 Chievo Verona - 28/10/2015 20:45 CET

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This is the part of the season I thought/hoped the team would start to hit form. I gave the new signings and coach a grace period, and I figured late October or early November would be our turning point. I really hope it does still happen.

There has been a few positives that could still help milan explode. Montolvio did take his spot from de Jong, romagnoli has looked impressive, and bertolacci is getting better by the game. Bacca also has been great. Hopefully alex continues to get fit, if he does I expect him to take the spot next to romagnoli.

There are still problems though. We have tricky matches coming up, and that could offset a patch of form for a long time if we don't do well. And miha hasn't fixed the mental errors yet. Someone like conte might be the only person capable of doing that honestly.

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Birthday game! :dance:

Let's do it boys! I have faith! 3-0!

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva

Hitman

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Birthday game! :dance:

Let's do it boys! I have faith! 3-0!

happy birthday... i'm not as optimistic as you are about the game today. I'll be extremely happy if we play bad and secure the 3 points though, that's all that matters at this stage and I'm very jealous of how Mancini (bad coach according to 90% of the forum) has managed to get so many points without Inter even clicking yet. Many claimed their squad was worse than ours before the season started and I don't disagree there but Mancini's experience is weighing heavily and they are playing like a championship team... they're wrapping up wins from games they never deserved to win. We need to learn how to do that..

and what does Calabria have to do to start? Donnarumma, Ely have done much less and earnt starting spots under Miha....but Calabria is the one that we need the most from our youngsters because we have puke-worthy options at RB at the moment.

i also am going to break something if de jong starts as a mezz'ala. i'm expecting a 4-3-3 with the same players as last game except with Antonelli and Poli benched for De Sciglio and Bertolacci. Montolivo did seem quite tired last game and in need of a rest, I wouldn't mind fielding De Jong instead of Monto but definitely not both of them together.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
For Calabria, it seems like we always have alternatives who haven't been downright awful.

Ely was picked because the alternatives were awful and Miha didn't like Mexes. Donnarumma was picked because Diego Lopez was in awful form.

Calabria came on to replace and injury and did well, but occasionally, the more experienced players have decent games too.

Not that I think he shouldn't start. His only issue is that he seems to pick up cards too rashly.

brk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This is the part of the season I thought/hoped the team would start to hit form. I gave the new signings and coach a grace period, and I figured late October or early November would be our turning point. I really hope it does still happen.

There has been a few positives that could still help milan explode. Montolvio did take his spot from de Jong, romagnoli has looked impressive, and bertolacci is getting better by the game. Bacca also has been great. Hopefully alex continues to get fit, if he does I expect him to take the spot next to romagnoli.

There are still problems though. We have tricky matches coming up, and that could offset a patch of form for a long time if we don't do well. And miha hasn't fixed the mental errors yet. Someone like conte might be the only person capable of doing that honestly.

We're only going to start playing well consistently when we finally switch to a boring 442. It's simple, direct and stupid enough that we can go back to basics and just play. Shuffle the ball, look for an overlap and cross, or cut inside and cross/shoot. Nothing fancy.

We can still do that with 433 but we get an extra CM and we get to maximize our best asset (CF) by not having either of them doubled up on. Berto and Monto in the middle, De Jong maybe depending on the situation. Cerci or Kucka RM.

It's been an inevitable lurch to 442 ever since the first games where we were showing stunning weakness in our wide areas, both defensively and going forward. Can't do it against Chievo because we only have 2 attackers but soon.

rossonero1

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm assuming Niang will get called up this weekend vs. Lazio and that's when the 4-4-2 gets used. If they can take 3 points here and at least draw at Lazio over the weekend the whole game changes.

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
happy birthday... i'm not as optimistic as you are about the game today. I'll be extremely happy if we play bad and secure the 3 points though, that's all that matters at this stage and I'm very jealous of how Mancini (bad coach according to 90% of the forum) has managed to get so many points without Inter even clicking yet. Many claimed their squad was worse than ours before the season started and I don't disagree there but Mancini's experience is weighing heavily and they are playing like a championship team... they're wrapping up wins from games they never deserved to win. We need to learn how to do that..

and what does Calabria have to do to start? Donnarumma, Ely have done much less and earnt starting spots under Miha....but Calabria is the one that we need the most from our youngsters because we have puke-worthy options at RB at the moment.

i also am going to break something if de jong starts as a mezz'ala. i'm expecting a 4-3-3 with the same players as last game except with Antonelli and Poli benched for De Sciglio and Bertolacci. Montolivo did seem quite tired last game and in need of a rest, I wouldn't mind fielding De Jong instead of Monto but definitely not both of them together.

We'll still be waiting in a years time for them to 'click' they are getting lucky, will run out soon.

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Inter won't click in the way you'd think they would. This is more or less what they'll be for the majority of the season. Some of their new players might settle into serie a a bit better, but huge improvements won't happen.

This is almost exactly how I predicated inters season to go, but admittedly I thought they'd be on the losing end a few more times in these close games. inter has a solid defense, more experienced than ours with more protection in midfield. This will keep in them in every game in serie a, all their games will be relatively tight. Where they have problems is in terms of creativity in attack. Jovetic is the sole player for this role, and he'll be up and down regardless of injury. You can't expect him to carry and provide for an entire team all season long. This is why players like Icardi arent consistently scoring goals, his service has been poor. I'd say inter will draw a lot, and also win a lot of close games like they have. They'll have problems though if some defenders get hurt, or maybe some mids. If their defense is unreliable for even just a few weeks they should drop points. That's what we have to hope for

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Forza ragazzi, let's put these mofos to the sword.

Oh and happy earth day to Jammin :smileani:

ManU sux

Banned
Reaction score
The problem with a 16 yr old keeper, is even if he has a great upside, if he concedes one bad goal, it will prolly rattle him. Whereas lopez would shake it off.

dvl19i

SinceBirth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ZLATAN
HBD JAMMIN :3

Envoy? de mon GT-I9192 en utilisant Tapatalk

Elmayonesa

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko
Milan: Donnarumma; Abate, Alex, Romagnoli, Antonelli; Bertolacci, Montolivo, Kucka; Cerci, Bacca, Bonaventura

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
SERIE A, MILAN-CHIEVO: LE FORMAZIONI UFFICIALI

MILANO - Queste le formazioni ufficiali di Milan-Chievo, tra poco in campo alla stadio San Siro, per la decima giornata del campionato di Serie A 2015/2016:

MILAN: Donnarumma; Abate, Alex, Romagnoli, Antonelli; Kucka, Montolivo, Bertolacci; Cerci, Bacca, Bonaventura.
A disposizione: Abbiati, Diego Lopez, Calabria, Zapata, Mexes, De Sciglio, Poli, De Jong, Jose Mauri, Suso, Honda, Luiz Adriano.
Allenatore: Sinisa Mihajlovic

CHIEVO VERONA: Bizzarri; Frey, Cesar, Dainelli, Gobbi; Pinzi, Radovanovic, Castro; Birsa; Paloschi, Pellissier.
A disposizione: Bressan, Seculin, Cacciatore, Sardo, Gamberini, Christiansen, Pepe, Meggiorini, Mpoku, Inglese.
Allenatore: Rolando Maran

http://www.acmilan.com/it/news/breaking_news_show/86786

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
baby jammu, how old are you turning today?

Besides happy birthdaay

dvl19i

SinceBirth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ZLATAN
Still to early but try livefootball.ws and livefotballol or something like that
Thanks; just trying sopcast one time again after a long break

Envoy? de mon GT-I9192 en utilisant Tapatalk

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
12190922_10153126659176937_8142429747505124742_n.png

:dance:

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Did Donnarumma attend school today?

remote2book

Sea206
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Inzaghi, kaka, T.silva, seedorf
Any youtube links?