Roma - Milan

ARNOLD RIMMER

Second Technician
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, DeSciglio
This is the first match thread i have created, lets hope i am good luck!

What does everyone think about this game? Do you think that Roma getting a new manager will spur them on to get a decent result against Milan? Or will it be just another poor Roma performance? I think Milan will win the match comfortably, Roma are just not a very good side anymore. Lets just hope we can bring back Maldini, Nest and Sheva. If not then maybe Pippo can play a bit of a bigger part in the game?

Channel4.com:

Club legend Bruno Conti is the new Roma boss after Gigi Del Neri quit the struggling Serie A outfit.

The tactician handed in his resignation last night and that was today accepted following talks with the Giallorossi.

"We have agreed to end our relationship with Del Neri," stated chief operating officer Rosella Sensi.

"I’m happy to announce that Bruno Conti is our new Coach. He will be presented to the media on Tuesday."

Sunday’s 3-0 loss at Cagliari was Roma’s fourth in five games, a result that has seriously jeopardised their hopes of finishing in the top four.

Roma have decided to appoint Conti, who was in charge of the club’s youth system, on a temporary basis. He may be assisted by Ezio Sella.

"I’m delighted and a little emotional," said the 1982 World Cup winner, who may need special permission from the FA to Coach seeing as he doesn’t hold all the necessary badges.

Del Neri, who was contracted until 2006, only arrived in the capital last September as the club struggled to replace the Juventus bound Fabio Capello.

Cesare Prandelli was initially hired but he was forced to step down due to his wife’s health issues.

Rudi Voller, another club legend, then came in but he lasted just three weeks before he handed in his resignation.

Now speculation has already begun with regard to whom the club will appoint for the start of the 2005-06 campaign.

Lecce boss Zdenek Zeman has been hotly linked with a return to the club he bossed between 1997 and 1999.

He would be welcomed by the Giallorossi fans but it seems as if another former Roma man could be recalled.

Bologna’s Carlo Mazzone is being tipped as a possible target and he’s left the door open for a summer switch.

"I’ll speak to my family at the end of the season regarding my future," stated the Dall’Ara boss. "But I’m in good health and still motivated. You can never say never."

The 68-year-old, a massive Roma fan, enjoyed three years with the club following his appointment in 1993.

Roma could alternatively try to convince Prandelli to return, appoint Claudio Ranieri or move for Genoa boss Serse Cosmi – who is also a big fan of the club.

pnut408

Banana Slug
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Maldini, Gattuso
pippoinzag}{i said:
This is the first match thread i have created, lets hope i am good luck!

There are responsibilities that come with that. If we lose, it will be solely your fault. :D

ARNOLD RIMMER

Second Technician
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, DeSciglio
pnut408 said:
There are responsibilities that come with that. If we lose, it will be solely your fault. :D

I realise this, lets just hope we win by a good score, then i can start every match thread :D

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
Wow...another coach change for Roma. Unbelievable!!
Milan should take advantage of this uncertain situation, Roma's defence has been very poor this season, 3 losing games in a row. Gone is the best defense record of last season.

However, in any case, their offense still have the potential to hurt Milan. With Montella as league's top scorer, Cassano (in probably his last season) and Totti, they're still dangerous.

For Milan, this is simpy another must win. Maybe it's time to go back to the 2 strikers formation with Pippo up front with Crespo. The problem is at the back. I don't know if Maldini will play but if he is, with Nesta out injured, he would partner Stam in central defense. No choice but to play Serginho on the left unless Ancelotti has some courage to play with 3 defenders.

What if Maldini is also out? No choice but to start with Costacurta, which is very dangerous considering Roma's speed.

Formation 1
Dida, Cafu, Stam, Maldini/Costacurta, Serginho
Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso
Kaka, Crespo, Izaghi

Formation 2 (similar to Brazil in WC 2002)
Dida, Costacurta, Stam, Serginho
Cafu, Pirlo, Ambrosini, Seedorf/Dhorasoo, Gattuso
Kaka, Crespo, Inzaghi

Lastly, with CL spot virtually impossible, another Roma defeat might finally convince Totti to leave and (hopefully) join Milan, only if we can beat Real Madrid to it.

Barremans

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MvB, Maldini, Rino, Pirlo and Cocu
we must win this game, cause my brother is a fan of roma. And let's hope maldini is fit enough to play. i predict a 1-0 victory with sheva to score after coming of the bench

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
gaizka22 said:
What if Maldini is also out? No choice but to start with Costacurta, which is very dangerous considering Roma's speed.

Formation 1
Dida, Cafu, Stam, Maldini/Costacurta, Serginho
Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso
Kaka, Crespo, Izaghi

Formation 2 (similar to Brazil in WC 2002)
Dida, Costacurta, Stam, Serginho
Cafu, Pirlo, Ambrosini, Seedorf/Dhorasoo, Gattuso
Kaka, Crespo, Inzaghi

Lastly, with CL spot virtually impossible, another Roma defeat might finally convince Totti to leave and (hopefully) join Milan, only if we can beat Real Madrid to it.

i doubt pippo will start. He has only made 1 apperance from the bench since he got back from injury. He will probably make it to the bench and come on in the 2nd half.

milan_rockz

=7uckyst4r=
Reaction score
Fav. Players
*kaka* nesta* maldini* pirlo*
nesta may not be able to play on the match against roma this sunday.. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Source: Football Italia

Alessandro Nesta and Paolo Maldini are major fitness doubts for next Sunday’s clash with an increasingly troubled Roma.

“I don’t understand how the studs in football boots can create such a deep cut,” said Milan Vice-President Adriano Galliani after visiting Nesta in the treatment room. “It was so deep that it looked as if it had been created by a surgeon’s knife.”

The defender suffered the injury during an accidental collision with an opponent in today’s 1-0 win over Sampdoria and required seven stitches for the cut to his right ankle.

This means it is extremely unlikely that former Lazio captain Nesta will recover in time for next Sunday’s Serie A crunch match at the Stadio Olimpico.

Paolo Maldini also limped off during the first half of today’s game with Sampdoria, but his setback is less serious.

“I feel fairly good, as it was just a little knee problem,” explained the veteran. “It is not a new injury for me and the strain of the last few weeks has probably made it flair up again. It was best to just leave the pitch before it got any worse.”

With Giuseppe Pancaro and Kakha Kaladze also dealing with injuries, leaders Milan may have to reshuffle their defence for the Roma match.

ads216

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
The players are in total disarray...The management and ownership is all confused... Cassano keeps whining and Totti is pissed off... I think we'll demolish them. Welcome to the madness Bruno Conti!

yonggoh

Smoker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini
from now on in i dont care about big scoreline wins...
i just want 3points until scudetto is ours again...
:D

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
Shevchenko & Maldini will be back for the game.. It will be so nice to see Il Tsar in Olimpico .. his favourite stadium for scoring ..

FORZA SHEVA!!!!

17-und-4

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva - Gila - Kaka - Rui Costa
Yeah, our "unstopable goal scoring machine" is back !!! :)

FORZA SHEVA !!!
FORZA MILAN !!!

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gattuso
yeah...Shavchenko will back and maldini too...but nesta will not...and this is a little big problem for us....

NeSTa_86

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
|*NeSTa*| |*Rui CoSTa*| |*Gilardino*|
mmmmmmm there are few times till the game,but now we have to think only about udine.we have to beat udine and the to beat the roma

ics_rk

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Sheva, Maldini, Baresi, Nesta, van der Vaart, Torres, Reyes, Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato
I don't think we are gonna to lose in this match. 2-1 for Milan!

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Gattuso
Well I hope after our lost in Coppa Italy 4-1 to Udinese I hope that the players will know to make the switch in their heads and play better against Roma

NeSTa_86

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
|*NeSTa*| |*Rui CoSTa*| |*Gilardino*|
pufffffffff that game is so important,but i am sure that we can win.it will be hard game,but we are better

ARNOLD RIMMER

Second Technician
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, DeSciglio
Oran said:
yeah...Shavchenko will back and maldini too...but nesta will not...and this is a little big problem for us....

Does anyone know if maldini and sheva are definately fit? And is nesta definately out???

acm7

Primavera
Reaction score
pippoinzag}{i said:
Lets just hope we can bring back Maldini, Nest and Sheva. If not then maybe Pippo can play a bit of a bigger part in the game?
NO!!!

We want to win this match!

redondo

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona, Rivera, Redondo, Baresi, Riquelme, Aimar, Lucho, Mascherano, Tevez, Maxi, Pupi, Rosales
acm7 said:
NO!!!

We want to win this match!
lol :D

amigo,i just came to know through this foro that hernán is finished & he score fluke goles,his stats r ...... :D

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
You seem to have many amigos, redondo..

@ acm7 who crawled from his rock to spit some anti_Inzaghi venom... It might have escaped your attention that Pippo was the only player last night who actually *performed*. Expect him to score against Roma, so keep a sick-bag handy when it happens.

Marco Azzuri

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Roma are a scarry team to play, they jsut got Bruno Conti as coach and he used to be one hell of a player and their win over Fiorentina have boosted their morale.

Nobody can deny the quality of Totti, he could be a legend if he wanted to but the second the ref makes a few calls against him he folds like a deck of cards and start bitching the whole game and not playing soccer. Let's hope that happens.

Then there is Cassano. If this guy keeps a cool head watch out. He is dynamite and could cause us some severe trouble. That trident of totti, cassano, and Montella is really frightening.

All that we really need to do is put Gattuso on Totti who has criticized his actions publicly many times and you can bet your life's savings that Totti will do something stupid and get thrown off his game.

I also want Pippo to come in at the end of the game and score the winner, I love that guy and it's been way to long since we had a celebration!

redondo

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona, Rivera, Redondo, Baresi, Riquelme, Aimar, Lucho, Mascherano, Tevez, Maxi, Pupi, Rosales
Passion for *9* said:
You seem to have many amigos, redondo..
indeed i am starting to have some :tongue:
objection (on it too)? :eek:

/////
redondo has edited his post thinking he should not act similarly as non civilised kids

Last edited:

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
redondo said:
indeed i am starting to have some :tongue:
objection (on it too)?
/////
redondo has edited his post thinking he should not act similarly as non civilised kids
LOL... Yea right,,, remember Sha Jehan ? :tongue:

redondo

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Passion for *9* said:
LOL... Yea right,,, remember Sha Jehan ? :tongue:
indeed :D
2years to that sha think he was perhaps a little hard done.you are true "legend" :proud:

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
OK, something much more important:

Milan, Sheva salta la Roma: "Tornero' fra due settimane"
Gio 17 Mar, 11:08 PM

Andriy Shevchenko saltera' la sfida dell'Olimpico di domenica sera contro la Roma. L'attaccante rossonero, infatti, non sara' disponibile prima di due settimane. In forte dubbio, dunque, anche la gara amichevole con la nazionale ucraina contro la Danimarca prevista per il 30 marzo. A confermarlo e' proprio il Pallone d'Oro che lo scorso 19 febbraio nella gara giocata a San Siro contro il Cagliari, aveva riportato la doppia frattura allo zigomo. "La botta si sgonfia giorno per giorno pero' non sto ancora al 100%: non e' ancora il momento di scendere in campo. Ho provato in tutti i modi ma essere disponibile contro la Roma, ma non e' stato possibile. Tornero' a disposizione fra due settimane". from www.yahoo.it

Sheva is not yet well enough to play, he has to skip the match against Roma + will (hopefully !!!) return in 2 weeks.

That's not the news I was hoping to read :(

Schedule