Tennis

Should women be paid the same sum as men in Grand Slams?

• Total voters

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Can't stand Murray, don't know why.

:thumbsup:
It's his pretending he's hurt everytime he loses a big point antics.
And he's the most misearable looking person i've ever seen.
But he deserved it today.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Serena wins that 17th Grand Slam.

Well done. Huge fan of hers.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
nadal is and will always will be the greatest player ever in the current era. nadal>federer, I dunno how rafa would match up with fedex in his prime which was the 04-07 period, but it will still be close. I actually think nadal still holds the edge cuz of his dominance on clay courts. vamos rafa.

Last edited:

yanzx1993

Where is self?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
El Shaarawy, Maldini, Inzaghi, Nesta, Gattuso, Klose, Xabi Alonso, CAPTAIN BONERA
Ben Wallace...Oh I mean Serena...Absolutely an authority. Other female players can hardly get even a set from her hands.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
sernea williams wouldnt stand a chance against the top 400men in atp. just the serve alone would be too hard to handle for one of the greatest female tennis players of all time aka serena. there was some talk about serena wanting to compete with men lol, she wouldnt even take a set off the top 400 seeds in men's tennis, the difference in quality is insane. no I am not a sexist jammin lol, but women shouldnt be paid as much as men in tennis imo since they dont play a best of 5 sets game.

Last edited:

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
sernea williams wouldnt stand a chance against the top 400men in atp. just the serve alone would be too hard for the one of the greatest female tennis players of all time aka serena. there was some talk about serena wanting to compete with men lol, she wouldnt even take a set off the top 400 seeds in men's tennis, the difference in quality is insane.
Sexist. :o

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Serena, at her peak now, would beat a couple of the top 400. She's the best she's ever been and her serve, the best female serve ever, is around the pace and more accurate than most mens'... despite that, she'd struggle immensely.

It's not being sexist, it's merely telling the truth. Women are inferior because they simply do not have the strength or speed. She even said herself that if she were to play an exhibition against Murray she'd have to be able to use the doubles lines, have all of the service games and have Murray not have legs to even stand a chance... she knows she's nowhere near.

It's a shame that women aren't close, but that's why you don't judge them against the opposite sex....

Serena, to me, is the GOAT. Has absolutely everything.

The prize money issue is difficult. Even Billie Jean King, the most vital woman for equality in Tennis, argues that she understands that people can complain now, but that men should have a best of 3, rather than 5, game... as then more would be able to compete in doubles and have longer careers. It boils down to men wanting to continue with best of 5 due to the occasional mammoth game and tradition, and women saying "we can't handle best of 5, so reduce it to best of 3 if you're going to complain."

It works both ways. If men will complain without wanting to budge then it's their problem. Women, on the other hand, don't really have the capability to play for that much longer.

Last edited:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Serena, at her peak now, would beat a couple of the top 400. She's the best she's ever been and her serve, the best female serve ever, is around the pace and more accurate than most mens'... despite that, she'd struggle immensely.

It's not being sexist, it's merely telling the truth. Women are inferior because they simply do not have the strength or speed. She even said herself that if she were to play an exhibition against Murray she'd have to be able to use the doubles lines, have all of the service games and have Murray not have legs to even stand a chance... she knows she's nowhere near.

It's a shame that women aren't close, but that's why you don't judge them against the opposite sex....

Serena, to me, is the GOAT. Has absolutely everything.

The prize money issue is difficult. Even Billie Jean King, the most vital woman for equality in Tennis, argues that she understands that people can complain now, but that men should have a best of 3, rather than 5, game... as then more would be able to compete in doubles and have longer careers. It boils down to men wanting to continue with best of 5 due to the occasional mammoth game and tradition, and women saying "we can't handle best of 5, so reduce it to best of 3 if you're going to complain."

It works both ways. If men will complain without wanting to budge then it's their problem. Women, on the other hand, don't really have the capability to play for that much longer.
Nah, she would struggle to win anyone in top 1000.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karsten_Braasch

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Yeah... she was 17... and he was world 203, not 1000.

Not saying she'd definitely win but she's pretty much at her peak now.

Top 1000? That's way too harsh. I'd say 300, but not that she'd fit comfortably there, just that's the kind of level of faux-equality. She has the most tools out of every female player to challenge men, just has less speed and power(surprisingly).

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Congrats, Nadal.

It's OK, Nole. Come back even stronger next year. :thumbsup:

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
rafa rafa rafa nadal bitchez. vamos rafa, thebest of the best, greatest tennis player ever, fuck federer, nadal is the bawws, nadal is the greatest of all time, federer is second. 17 grand slams hey, nadal us coming for u bitch. mark my words, nadal will 19 grand slams before he retires. vamossss

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
and no serena will be lucky to be ranked around 400 -500. u do realize that the top 500 serve atleast 180-185 kms/hr and serena averages around 170. its simply not fair, she will get smoked by anyone inside top 400. besides men play 5 sets, perhaps in a best of 3 she may stand a chance and possibly find herself amongst the top 350-odd players.

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
Nadal is no match for Djokovic on top form sadly. as much as I hate him, hes just unplayable when hes in rhythm.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
wtf was those 2 last points? :head:

-e-
lol

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Wawrinka pretty likable guy tho, will root for him now. :thumbsup:

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago
final will be a drab affair :-/ though tomorrow's 2nd QF and 2nd SF could make up for it

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Forza Stan!

EDIT: Early break! Leggo!

Last edited:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
haven't seen tennis in ages

is this wawrinka supposed to be legit or just a guy in hot form?

pls beat nadal, kthxbai

scarecrows

Milan Legend
Reaction score

pls beat nadal, kthxbai

always been a good player, just not in mental aspect

but now he has the right coach to solve that, magnus Norman, who did the same with Soderling taking him from a headcase to a solid top 10player and slam finalist

jammin

pour l'éternité
Reaction score
Yep, Nadal is gone. Barely getting a serve in.

pls beat nadal, kthxbai
He's older than Nadal. Apparently always been very talented, but mental blocks against better opposition.

He had a huge win against Djoko in the QFs, so that might set him off.

He has a monster serve and the best (according to what I heard :devilcon:) backhand in the game atm (one-handed too!).

Last few years (since Djokovic broke out) the quality of tennis has been outstanding. Easily my favorite individual sport to watch (and second overall after football).

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
always been a good player, just not in mental aspect

but now he has the right coach to solve that, magnus Norman, who did the same with Soderling taking him from a headcase to a solid top 10player and slam finalist

:thumbsup:

sucks that nadull got injured tho, wanted to see him lose at full strength

Naraku

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Yep, Nadal is gone. Barely getting a serve in.

He's older than Nadal. Apparently always been very talented, but mental blocks against better opposition.

He had a huge win against Djoko in the QFs, so that might set him off.

He has a monster serve and the best (according to what I heard :devilcon:) backhand in the game atm (one-handed too!).

Last few years (since Djokovic broke out) the quality of tennis has been outstanding. Easily my favorite individual sport to watch (and second overall after football).

Always been in Roger's shadow too of course, maybe worse since it's his countryman?Roger had mental issues early on, but obviously sorted them out.

I always like new GS champions, so I hope Stansilav wins.

Li Na, she's so awesome.Even though it wasn't her first Grand Slam it was good to get a different champion other then Serena "brat,makes everything boring" williams.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Congrats Stan The Man!

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Great win over Djokovic today, by Federer.
Played some fantastic tennis.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Into the Monte Carlo final, one of the few tournaments Federer hasn't won. Hopefully that will change tomorrow.