Milan VS. Real Madrid(Nov. 26th, 2002)

shevagirl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
And one more thing:)

When Sheva was replaced by Tomasson Ancelotti gave him a big hug:)))THat is good sign....Afterall he likes him and i think that he will play for the first team because he deserves that!

shevagirl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Here is what Rui said:"After Inter, Milan have to face Real Madrid: 'My team-mates won the derby against Conceiçao, on Tuesday I hope to win mine against Figo'."

And that is right....he won.......
Our win was because his perfect asistance

Forza RUI!!

newyorker

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
hi everybody!
a good news indeed, as for a game i won't be so excited. many times trough the game i wanted to take a stick and to beat a shit out of Rivaldo and Rui for keeping the ball for so long. i'm not going to take a credit from Rui, for his genious pass, but this two players should be held responsible for Inzaghi's recent form and our ability to score. math is very simple: you pass the ball to your striker IN POSITION and then he have to score. if you build ten chances trough the game and score two or three, you probably win this game.
in general it was a good game, our defence was brilliant, defensive midfield worked all right and striker was all alone, building chances for himself.
don't get me wrong, i like rui and riva,they are incredible players who can decide a match with one touch, but they like the ball to much to my opinion. and it hurt's the team.
about dissalowed goal: after zizo's lob ball came to raul, who at this particular moment (moment of the lob) was standing alone in offside with only serginho on the goal line. that's the explanation of ESPN, and it looks good to me.

Forza Milan, next in hte line: Borussia.

emily1038

Primavera
Reaction score
shevagirl said:
And one more quastione for those who have seen the match.REal's goal....was it regular or not....because i couldn't see any playing with hand...what do you think?

i couldn't see the hands too, to much people was there so the referee couldn't see it clearly, but no matter that's a goal or not, we could still win the game cos we really got so many chance and if that's a goal things will go 1-1 and our player will do even better to add one more goal on it, so we deserved the victory
and this is football, anything could happened :D

Maldini was sooo awesome :devil2:

newyyj

Beginner
Reaction score
shevagirl said:
And one more quastione for those who have seen the match.REal's goal....was it regular or not....because i couldn't see any playing with hand...what do you think?

I LOVE YOU MILAN!!!

I think raul must be offside
:head:

fbvanBasten

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Thanks to a very solid defense, we can retaining our single goal. In the next match maybe Ancelotti should try to outfield Sheva and Pippo together.

Cescania

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini
Milan really played very well, especailly Kaladze, Maldini, Rui and Sheva. Kaladze just blocked all the balls from Figo. And SHEVA IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!

PaTtA_9

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
that was the best game ive seen milan play! even thouhg ive only seen there cl games on espn. they shoodve won by more! we were clearly a 2 goal better team on the nite. mvp has to go to rui costa! hes a magician. not only did he set up sheva with a sick pass but real could not take the ball off him during the whole game. and our defense, even without nesta it was quality. kaladze killed figo. and any shot on target real managed, dida was there. i didnt see real's disalowed goal? i left for skool at the 78th minute so was it after that? anyway we should have won by more, we had so much good chances. plus pirlo and inzaghi are fully rested for empoli

Reaction score
It was truly a terrific game. Every single one of the Milanista players did a wonderful job from dida to maldini to rui costa. We should be very proud of this team especially in the second half. A great start in this CL stage and I hope we rock on all the way to the final.

As for Raul's Goal well... It was disallowed for the offside not the handball. If you look at the play, you will find that the only player covering Raul was Serginiho who was at the goal line. The law states clearly that 2 players must be covering between the Goal and the striker of the opposition. Usually its the goalkeeper and one more player but since Dida wasn't in the goal it was only Serginho the goal was disallowed and it was a fair call by the ref.

Guys what do you think of Costacurta and Maldini ? I swear If I didnt know them id say they are at their early 20's ... I'm really impressed how fit and great they were. I hope Nesta comes back soon too to boost up the deffence. Simic is improving too he did a good job against Roberto Carlos but of course he got all the help needed from Gatusso who was wonderful too.

Forza Milan ... Forza Rossonero ... Welcome back Sheva ~!

Jamie

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
WOW, what a week! This has gotta be the best week for Milan since the end of the 98/99 season. Ambro was playing to man mark Zidane I think. Ancelotti's tactics worked a treat, he is really proving himself.
Now I must talk about the goal. What a pass!! :eek: Unbloodybelievable!!! That was even better than the assist against Bayern. Well done Rui!. A special word for SHEVA too! He was magnificent and has proven hinself all over again. :D

tomasson

Beginner
Reaction score
Milan's squad was brillant in this match. Beating Real was really a dream come true. Wonderful performance by every player. Btw, Milan should have score more goals, I think Rui Costa was rather selfish sometimes. He should pass the ball to his team mate...instead he try to kick it by himself...and the ball just flew all the way off the net....

ads216

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
What a game!!! I'm so happy to see Sheva back and he showed why he's the best striker in the team. And I swear Maldini looked like he was ten years younger. Costacurta was awesome as well. The only thing I was bit upset about was that Rui was taking some crazy angle shots instead of passing. I think maybe that's cos he hasnt scored this year yet and perhaps got a bit antsy for a goal. But overall we were tremendous and what a week!!! GO MILAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
I don't want to say anything else, I'm just so happy. m8. What a week for us ! We killed fucking Inter then Real, omg, and we played very very well as well. Forza Milan !

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
BRAVISSIMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MILAN!!!!!!!!!!!! :devil2: :devil2: :devil2: :devil2: :devil2: :devil2: :devil2: :devil2: :devil2: :devil2: :devil2: :devil2: :devil2: :devil2: :devil2:

Milan took it to the Merengues.......Ancelotti has really proved himself to be a great tactician. He is utilizing this Milan to the fullest of their capabilities. Majestic display of action from Rui Costa......and was absolutely masterful.......Alessandro who????? Nesta? NO!!! Of course not, that was Costacurta back there.......The aging warrior looked like the clock was turn back......In the derby and this huge Euro encounter, Costacurta was up for it. Bravo Sandro.......

What more can we possibly say about Maldini? Check out world publications of football magazines in the next month......I am willing to bet most countries journalists have Maldini on the World XI of the month. Maldini completely frazzled Raul and Figo......and that class tackle on Figo there in the second half......Tough to explain my joy for seeing him still rolling like this. His upfield forrays have almost come to a cessation, but his hardnosed defensive astuteness in the back is as legendary ever.

On a personal note......what a weekend people here in Corsica. After the derby, I and several other Rossoneri supporters almost set the city of Bonifacio on fire :devil: We were quite enthralled by the fact Milan came out like this, winners of course. Bastia.....would have probably been a more ideal location for this activity :devil2:

After the Real game.....well......it concludes a GREAT 4 day stretch in the history of OUR sacred club.

FORZA MILAN

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
Yes it was a great game! Defensive player of the game would have to go to Kaladze, with Maldini as a close 2nd. Offensive player of the game I think I would have to say Rui Costa, he abused the left wing all night long. He was magic on the ball, great footwork, but Sheva did a great job as well. The only thing that bothers me about his performance is that towards the end of the game he kept shooting the ball, either that or he was missing horribly with his crosses late in the game. Either way if he gives a good cross on one of thoes we win 2-0. I don't want to tae anything away from him and he was magnicent in dribbling the ball all night.

We should have one by more in my opion. Ambro played well, as did Gattuso - they are midfield warriors. Seedorf could have had a better game. His touch passes were off all night and save for his good shot at the very beggining he had a tough night offensivly, his defence however was great again. And Rivaldo had a pretty good game as well, not great, but pretty good. Sheva was great with what he was given. As the lone striker he didn't get a lot of looks but his speed, quick footwork and great touch proves that he is one of if not the best striker in the world.

And the defence, I can give them all of the accolades they deserve. The left side with Maldini and Kaladze was impenitrable and the right side was just as good. Costacurta has proved that is was a mignificant idea to resign him and Simic has been the right back we needed last year so badly. Just an awesome performance all around. We should have one by more IMO. Sheva had a goal taken away that was sooooooo close and the ref made a great call to disallow the Real goal. It was hard to see if there was a handball, but he was definatly offsides. I was a great game and we have proved that we are definatly the best team in Europe!

This will be our year!!!!! FORZA MILAN AND ALL OF THE FANS!!!!

shevagirl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
newyyj said:
shevagirl said:

I LOVE YOU MILAN!!!

I think raul must be offside
:head:

I know,i know about the offside but kaladze and other players were showing on the hand....they were saying that he was playing with the hand.

shevagirl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
This is from uefa.com
Madrid equaliser ruled out
Madrid, however, began to find a foothold in midfield and against the flow of a one-sided second half, came close to forcing an equaliser. First Dida saved Zidane's low strike from the edge of the box, then with seven minutes remaining, the Frenchman beat Dida to a corner with a header which Raъl Gonzбlez appeared to have touched over the line only for the goal to be disallowed for an infringement by the striker.

mtfco

just another member
Reaction score
i guess it was handball and also offside (although i dont know exactly the rule of offside in the corner condition).. i recorded the macth and it could be offside or handball but it was clearly handball and offside! :D so Meier didnt make a wrong decision, even spanish press r praising milan and did not talk about that dissalowed goal... hey even del bosque did not take that incident as a serious problem..

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
The rule is that when the ball is played forward to a player and he scores there must be 2 players between him and the goal at the time when the ball is played to him. 99.999% of the time the two players are a defender and the goalie, but when the ball was plyed in the only player between him and the goal was Serginho Dida was behind him, hence offsides. He was a good yeard past Simic. As for the hand ball I don't see it I have watched it about 20 times and could never see him hit it with the hand or arm.

Red&BlackDevils

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
WE WILL CONQUER. we beat Inter 1:0, We killed Deportivo 4:0, We send Bayern hom twice 2:1, 2:1. now we won real 1:0, we also beat Parma 2:1. who is next..................... we are the best in europe right now. and we will probabely kill Roma at san siro next week. and Dortmund. i hate them.

PaTtA_9

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
can you imagine it
all the players going crazy when (if) milan wins scudetto and all fans going crazy
then a week later or wateva we see maldni holding the cl trophy in old trafford! it looks very possible!

mamma_mia!

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Yay! What a wonderful match from both teams! :D I am so extremely excited for Milan and i even taped it so i could watch it again and again..... wow Sheva was so very lovely as well i mean a great comeback from the benchwarming position. I am so proud of our team because even though we didn't score more goals (although we deserved to) at least we didn't concede any which is more of a confidence boost!
But what i liked the most was before and after the match everyone was so friendly and happy from opposite teams. I really loved that they left all the stuff on the pitch. Let's hope Milan keep showing what they can do.
CHEERS :beer:

AC Milan Fan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I'm a little bit late cause my comp. was doing strange....
What a match! Unbelievble!
Such a strong squad without Nesta....
And what if Nesta had played with us....

Compliments per il Rossoneri!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE ARE BACK IN EUROPE AGAIN! FINALLY!!!!

Kambiz

Primavera
Reaction score
it was very lovely, great play by all the players... Rivaldo was my man of the match.. but rui, maldini, simic and seedorf also impressed me alot... dida did well however real didnt give him much to deal with, maybe a few efforts by zizou and r. carlos...

Schedule