The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Football

Football Talk about the wonderful game.



View Poll Results: Who will be the winner of Golden Ball this Year ?
Kaka' 28 40.58%
Andrea Pirlo 3 4.35%
Leo Messi 12 17.39%
Zlatan Ibrahimovic 0 0%
Francesco Totti 1 1.45%
Ronaldinho 3 4.35%
Luca Toni 1 1.45%
Frank Ribery 0 0%
Riquelme 0 0%
Francesc Fabregas 1 1.45%
Gigi Buffon 0 0%
Cristiano Ronaldo 9 13.04%
Didier Drogba 0 0%
Steven Gerard 0 0%
Genaro Gattuso 2 2.90%
Wayne Rooney 0 0%
Paul Scholes 2 2.90%
Ruud van Nistelrooy 0 0%
David Villa 1 1.45%
Paolo Maldini 2 2.90%
Deco 0 0%
Thierry Henry 0 0%
Diego 0 0%
Ricardo Quaresma 1 1.45%
Clarence Seedorf 2 2.90%
Miroslav Klose 1 1.45%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2008, 02:42   #101
Mystik
National Team Player
 
Mystik's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Toronto
Default

Dru: you make it look like Messi is all dribble and no end product. Let me direct you to soccernet for some stats on Messi's season so far: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players...=45843&cc=3888

La Liga: 10 starts 1 substitute appearance: 9 goals 6 assists
UEFA CL: 3 starts 2 sub appearances: 5 goals 3 assists

All this without losing his dazzle and flair. Who cares if he isn't as all rounded as C. Ronaldo. He's so good at what he does that no one can stop him. I think you're not giving Messi enough credit...the guy's a beast.
Mystik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 06:49   #102
acerвιc wιт
Milano Siamo Noi!
 
acerвιc wιт's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Default

Messi is a better player at present and will be a better player than C. Ronaldo will ever be.


Signature

"You cannot buy football, you construct it." - Arrigo Sacchi.
acerвιc wιт is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 07:13   #103
radioactivenerd
Gol de Pablitooooo
 
radioactivenerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: London, UK
Fav. Players: Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Utd Fan
I see what you mean, but what I mean by X Factor is that Ronaldo is much more of a character for lack of a better phrase. Poeple look at Messi and think "God he's awesome, how did he do that", but Ronaldo puts many more thoughts in peoples minds. Either when he gets on fans nerves, dives, get taken out, does a peice of skill, makes a mistake, ect.

I think he is more of a performer than Messi in that people watch games just to see him fail.
I'm not sure what your point is - according to that, you think the fact that CR7 is more hated around the world, and lets be serious - generally IS an arrogant cock, makes for him to be a more entertaining player? i beg to differ. If i had a choice between watching a fantastic player that im neutral towards (messy), or one that i HATE and want to see tackled, i would rather watch the former. Most people watch football to see dribbles, assits, goals, and skill - not to see their hated player getting carved up in a tackle. Or they simply arent football fans.

I dont know how this puts him in any possible way at an advantage to messy though. He's made people hate him by being an ass, and thats not going to make people want to watch him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drucurl
Mystick...what difference does it make if CR7 goes missing all game or if Messi for all his brilliance can't come up with a tangible contribution? It's the same. We all fail to see how much non-footballing reasons factor into our underrating of him.
Really Dru? Stats arent everything, goals arent everything. Are you saying that Gila's NUMEROUS inept performances (take your pick, i cant even select one for all the choice ), ends up to being the same as Roberto Baggio's 94 final, cos Baggio couldnt come up with a 'tanglible end product'? Or Lampard in the last CL final? Or Mascherano in the 07 CL final? Players can play FANTASTICALLY without ending up with a win. There is a difference in that and ending up with a goal, but doing nothing else through the game. I'd give more credit to the former.

Its easy to call people big game chokers, and i agree, i think crotundo gets that tag a bit more than he really should, but just scoring a goal in a CL final isnt enough to dispel that. Hes NOT a Pippo/Crespo sort of player that shows up with a goal and nothing else. He is the attacking focus of his team, and if he doesnt come good with his dribbles, assists and flicks and watever, he simply hasnt performed to the level he usually does. of course the fact that he scored a goal, might make up for all that, but you are looking at the stats and nothing else - goal in CL Final = CR7 not a choker.

I'm taking nothing away from him as a footballer, and TBH, we dont even know if messy is a big game choker or not yet. the guy has never played in a major final, apart from copa america i think, which he lost rather spectacularly. theres every chance that hes the same sort of thing - he just hasnt been tested yet.


Signature

Save Us

radioactivenerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 11:57   #104
Wild
*Rejuvenation*
 
Wild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Lebanon-Beirut
Fav. Players: Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Default

Dinho @ his best was better than CR7 , Messi & Ibra combined


Signature
Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 14:42   #105
manutd fan
EPL Captain
 
manutd fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: uk
Fav. Players: Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioactivenerd
I'm not sure what your point is - according to that, you think the fact that CR7 is more hated around the world, and lets be serious - generally IS an arrogant cock, makes for him to be a more entertaining player? i beg to differ. If i had a choice between watching a fantastic player that im neutral towards (messy), or one that i HATE and want to see tackled, i would rather watch the former. Most people watch football to see dribbles, assits, goals, and skill - not to see their hated player getting carved up in a tackle. Or they simply arent football fans.

I dont know how this puts him in any possible way at an advantage to messy though. He's made people hate him by being an ass, and thats not going to make people want to watch him.

.
tbh, I'm not sure what I meant either lol. I'll try to explain it without repeating the same thing.

For me, Ronaldo was the total package last season. He was much more of a character on the pitch than Messi. I'm not saying thats what you look for in the Ballon D'or winner, but its a small thing which can help your chances.

Ronaldo was the most entertaining player last year. He did all the the things Messi did (score great goals, produce moments of magic etc.) But he also had something else. The only way I can describe it is more dramatic. There was never a dull moment. Even when he is having an off game there were still massive talking points - thats what Messi doesn't have IMO.

I know exactly what I mean, but I'm struggling to put it into words, which is why I said "X Factor" before.
manutd fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 15:33   #106
WILL2K
Magical Milan
 
WILL2K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NYC , US
Fav. Players: Pippo , Maldini , Kaka , Zizou . All Milan players are my fav .players..;-)
Default

I am still waiting for C.Ronaldo to score solo goals ( such as dribbling passed 2-3 players at least e.g most of the great players with pace have done it , Maradona, Ronaldo , Ronaldinho to name a few ) and at the same time for him to lead his team in a big game with some great performances. He's young and perhaps can do it , but for the time being Messi/Kaka beats him there eventhough they lacked ' consistency' in the previous season. We have to wait and see.


Signature

" I wasn't born Ronaldinho, but thanks to strong will I managed to touch the sky ... ".
Filippo Inzaghi

Last edited by WILL2K; 05-12-2008 at 15:40.
WILL2K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 15:42   #107
drucurl
Banned
 
drucurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manutd fan
tbh, I'm not sure what I meant either lol. I'll try to explain it without repeating the same thing.

For me, Ronaldo was the total package last season. He was much more of a character on the pitch than Messi. I'm not saying thats what you look for in the Ballon D'or winner, but its a small thing which can help your chances.

Ronaldo was the most entertaining player last year. He did all the the things Messi did (score great goals, produce moments of magic etc.) But he also had something else. The only way I can describe it is more dramatic. There was never a dull moment. Even when he is having an off game there were still massive talking points - thats what Messi doesn't have IMO.

I know exactly what I mean, but I'm struggling to put it into words, which is why I said "X Factor" before.
I'd disagree....watching Messi or Kaka is waay easier on the eye than watching CR7....they are far more naturally talented....hence their movements are more gentle more seemless than CR7 who's movement are more rigid and structured (the result of training/practise)....like the goal.com guy said the difference between dodging bullets and containing the breeze.

For an analogy, consider shevchenko at his peak vs Ronaldo......Sheva was at the time THE MOST COMPLETE STRIKER in the universe.....there was NOTHING missing from his Arsenal....But Ronaldo "had goals in his DNA" as Dunga put it. Ronaldo's moves were simpler, less deliberate and decidedly more beautiful than Sheva's....BUT when Sheva won the golden ball he deserved it because he was a FAR better contributor to Milan despite his lower talent level.
drucurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 07:03   #108
Ashish
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Florida
Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Duncan, Ginobli, Eli Manning
Default

The Ballon D’oh; Santa Klaas
December 2nd, 2008 | By: Julian | 7 Comments »

*Disclaimer: This post has little to do with Italian football. If that offends you in any way, feel free to stop reading now*

As everyone knows by now (let’s be honest- we’ve known for a while), Christiano Ronaldo has won the Ballon D’or. Let’s not mince words: I can’t stand him. He’s arrogant, he dives, he disappears in big games faster than people’s interest in Sarah Palin. He does shit all for his country, and between his ego and hair gel, his head must weigh a good 20 pounds.

And despite all that… I think he probably deserves it.

Let’s face it- no Italian player was going to win it this year. Not after our Euro showing, and how poorly the country did in Europe (besides Roma). And there was no real other competitor. Messi is my favorite non-Italian player, and he was injured far too often to win it. Spain had some decent candidates- Torres had a great season, and Iker was solid all last year, though he probably blew any chance he had with Madrid’s horribleness so far this year.

When you boil it down, there really wasn’t anyone left. Ronaldo had 42 goals, and though he’s an arrogant ass of a person, it’s hard to ignore the stats.

But it brings up an interesting point; there are far too many players who deserve the award and have never earned it. Chief amongst them is Paolo Maldini, loyal captain of Milan. He’s spent over 20 years playing as one of the greatest defenders to ever grace the game, and never once clinched the award. Totti and Del P have never won it either, and they’ve done more for their clubs than most players ever do. Finally, Buffon has never won the award either, which just goes to show that even the best player in the world at his position can miss out if he’s not an attacking player.

In other news, Madrid got thier Christmas present a little bit early. They’ve signed Santa Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, who’s been a very solid striker over at Ajax.
100 goals inside

This interests me for two reasons: One, I had no idea clubs could make transfers legally before the transfer window opened, and two, I’m very interested to see how he does over at Madrid. I would’ve loved to see him over in Italy, though.
Ashish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 19:25   #109
manutd fan
EPL Captain
 
manutd fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: uk
Fav. Players: Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
Default Ronaldo humbled by honour

Cristiano Ronaldo has denied claiming he is the best player on the planet after collecting the Ballon d'Or.

The Manchester United superstar was in Paris on Sunday to pick up his award from France Football magazine.

The Portuguese winger had been quoted in recent weeks as saying he deserved to take the honour as he had been the standout talent over the last 12 months.

However, the 23-year-old insists he never made the attributed statement and admits he feels privileged to be held in such high regard.

Respect
"I never said that I was the best player in the world," he said. "I always said that I was well-placed to win the Ballon d'Or.

"I have always had a lot of respect for the other players.

"It is not necessary to say who is the best player in the world, but who has an advantage, and I was carried along by this hope.

"All the players nominated had the possibility of winning this prize.

"Me, I have had this possibility and this privilege, but all the nominees had the qualities to win the award."


Ambitious
Ronaldo was consistently linked with a big-money move to Spanish giants Real Madrid over the summer, before eventually deciding to stay in England.

He now insists that Old Trafford has become his spiritual home and believes there is much more he can achieve with the Red Devils in the future.

"I have played for five years with Manchester United, a club where I feel at home," he added.

"I arrived there very young, and I have won individual and team titles.

"Today I have this individual reward which makes me happy.

"It is the culmination of work which I put in place a long time ago, but I am ambitious.

"It is imperative that I continue to win both individual and team titles."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...605456,00.html
manutd fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 01:06   #110
drucurl
Banned
 
drucurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manutd fan
Cristiano Ronaldo has denied claiming he is the best player on the planet after collecting the Ballon d'Or.

The Manchester United superstar was in Paris on Sunday to pick up his award from France Football magazine.

The Portuguese winger had been quoted in recent weeks as saying he deserved to take the honour as he had been the standout talent over the last 12 months.

However, the 23-year-old insists he never made the attributed statement and admits he feels privileged to be held in such high regard.

Respect
"I never said that I was the best player in the world," he said. "I always said that I was well-placed to win the Ballon d'Or.

"I have always had a lot of respect for the other players.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...605456,00.html
I like CR7 and all but that is just damage control for all the shit he said before really it's pathetic.....Ronaldo, Zidane, Nedved, and especially Ronaldinho and Kaka were extremely humble and gracious about the whole thing....he is just trying to add some class to it all. epic fail

Last edited by drucurl; 08-12-2008 at 01:16. Reason: not even going to quote all that shit
drucurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 06:59   #111
radioactivenerd
Gol de Pablitooooo
 
radioactivenerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: London, UK
Fav. Players: Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manutd fan
Cristiano Ronaldo has denied claiming he is the best player on the planet after collecting the Ballon d'Or.

The Manchester United superstar was in Paris on Sunday to pick up his award from France Football magazine.

The Portuguese winger had been quoted in recent weeks as saying he deserved to take the honour as he had been the standout talent over the last 12 months.

However, the 23-year-old insists he never made the attributed statement and admits he feels privileged to be held in such high regard.

Respect
"I never said that I was the best player in the world," he said. "I always said that I was well-placed to win the Ballon d'Or.

"I have always had a lot of respect for the other players.

"It is not necessary to say who is the best player in the world, but who has an advantage, and I was carried along by this hope.

"All the players nominated had the possibility of winning this prize.

"Me, I have had this possibility and this privilege, but all the nominees had the qualities to win the award."


Ambitious
Ronaldo was consistently linked with a big-money move to Spanish giants Real Madrid over the summer, before eventually deciding to stay in England.

He now insists that Old Trafford has become his spiritual home and believes there is much more he can achieve with the Red Devils in the future.

"I have played for five years with Manchester United, a club where I feel at home," he added.

"I arrived there very young, and I have won individual and team titles.

"Today I have this individual reward which makes me happy.

"It is the culmination of work which I put in place a long time ago, but I am ambitious.

"It is imperative that I continue to win both individual and team titles."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...605456,00.html
Hypocrisy, thy name is Cristiano Ronaldo Gerrard.


Signature

Save Us

radioactivenerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 06:38   #112
menon_inc
¤ I Still Believe ¤
 
menon_inc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Malaysia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drucurl
I'd disagree....watching Messi or Kaka is waay easier on the eye than watching CR7....they are far more naturally talented...
I totally disagree with you on that. How are Kaka or Messi naturally more talented then CR7? They are both probably faster than him and that's about the only natural attribute they have that is better than him. Lets face it, Ronaldo is better than them in terms of heading, shooting, set pieces, goal scoring ability, positioning and consistency. He is also young and has years to ahead of him to improve and become a complete player. He just needs to focus more on being a football player and less of a cunt and he should be able to do so.


Signature
AC MILAN --THE BEST THERE IS
THE BEST THERE WAS
AND THE BEST THERE EVER WILL BE
-----------http://talkmilan.blogspot.com/--------



Legends

Last edited by menon_inc; 09-12-2008 at 07:03.
menon_inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 11:50   #113
drucurl
Banned
 
drucurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by menon_inc
I totally disagree with you on that. How are Kaka or Messi naturally more talented then CR7? They are both probably faster than him and that's about the only natural attribute they have that is better than him. Lets face it, Ronaldo is better than them in terms of heading, shooting, set pieces, goal scoring ability, positioning and consistency. He is also young and has years to ahead of him to improve and become a complete player. He just needs to focus more on being a football player and less of a cunt and he should be able to do so.
Actually the stats I read sometime ago (someone posted them on this forum) show that CR7 is actually faster than Messi and on par with Kaka when it comes to speed (Kaka is the faster runner but CR7 is marginally faster with the ball) When I said "more talented" I meant in terms of their footballing instincts. To me they move in more of a fluid motion than CR7....even SAF was forced to remark that Messi moving with the ball looked like it was stapled to his feet. CR7 is indeed better at the things you mentioned....but he wasn't always those things....I believe they came from practise and training rather than a natural ability that matured with time. That last statment would seem silly but those things anyone can work on.....if Kaka had CR7's dedication I'm pretty sure that he would be good with free kicks too, because he always had good shooting technique naturally. The way a person moves however has more to do with the person himself than what he has trained himself to do of course that's just my opinion however idiotic it might sound. Kaka is behind CR7 in many things and yet they can be compared and when Kaka is on form he is better....why is that?
drucurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 13:35   #114
menon_inc
¤ I Still Believe ¤
 
menon_inc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Malaysia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drucurl
Actually the stats I read sometime ago (someone posted them on this forum) show that CR7 is actually faster than Messi and on par with Kaka when it comes to speed (Kaka is the faster runner but CR7 is marginally faster with the ball) When I said "more talented" I meant in terms of their footballing instincts. To me they move in more of a fluid motion than CR7....even SAF was forced to remark that Messi moving with the ball looked like it was stapled to his feet. CR7 is indeed better at the things you mentioned....but he wasn't always those things....I believe they came from practise and training rather than a natural ability that matured with time. That last statment would seem silly but those things anyone can work on.....if Kaka had CR7's dedication I'm pretty sure that he would be good with free kicks too, because he always had good shooting technique naturally. The way a person moves however has more to do with the person himself than what he has trained himself to do of course that's just my opinion however idiotic it might sound. Kaka is behind CR7 in many things and yet they can be compared and when Kaka is on form he is better....why is that?
Well i don't agree with that. You can train as hard as you want but you are not going to score 40+ goals a season as a winger and the goals coming from all angles for that matter...left, right, down the middle, one to ones, shot from outside the box, set pieces, headers...you name it. I watch nearly all of CR7's matches for Man Utd and Kaka's matches for Milan unless something unexpected comes up and i can say that they can be equally as devastating when on form. Kaka can do well breaking from the middle...playing trough balls and taking shots while CR7 can come at you from all sort of angles...left, right, shot from distance and set pieces. The reason people come out and say that Kaka on form is better than CR7 is because they tend to look back at the man utd vs milan match that took place 2 seasons ago in which Kaka looked way better. I believed that Kaka's good form was contributed by the fact United did not have an out and out defensive midfielder to man mark him and stop him in his tracks. Carrick is more of a Pirlo like player than a defensive midfielder and was no way going to do a decent man on man job at marking Kaka. CR7 on the other hand found himself in no mans land as he was marked by Rino on the right and Ambro on the left. They both suck when they are marked. I guess a good example of this would be the CL final in 05 when Kaka was absolutely devastating in the first half when he did not have a player man marking him and was ineffective as soon as Liverpool put Hamann to man mark him. In order for both of them to reach a new height ala Zidane, Dinho, etc.....they would need to work on getting pass markers like Dinho and Zidane and a host of great players were able to do in their prime.


Signature
AC MILAN --THE BEST THERE IS
THE BEST THERE WAS
AND THE BEST THERE EVER WILL BE
-----------http://talkmilan.blogspot.com/--------



Legends
menon_inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 14:08   #115
drucurl
Banned
 
drucurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by menon_inc
Well i don't agree with that. You can train as hard as you want but you are not going to score 40+ goals a season as a winger and the goals coming from all angles for that matter...left, right, down the middle, one to ones, shot from outside the box, set pieces, headers...you name it. I watch nearly all of CR7's matches for Man Utd and Kaka's matches for Milan unless something unexpected comes up and i can say that they can be equally as devastating when on form. Kaka can do well breaking from the middle...playing trough balls and taking shots while CR7 can come at you from all sort of angles...left, right, shot from distance and set pieces. The reason people come out and say that Kaka on form is better than CR7 is because they tend to look back at the man utd vs milan match that took place 2 seasons ago in which Kaka looked way better. I believed that Kaka's good form was contributed by the fact United did not have an out and out defensive midfielder to man mark him and stop him in his tracks. Carrick is more of a Pirlo like player than a defensive midfielder and was no way going to do a decent man on man job at marking Kaka. CR7 on the other hand found himself in no mans land as he was marked by Rino on the right and Ambro on the left. They both suck when they are marked. I guess a good example of this would be the CL final in 05 when Kaka was absolutely devastating in the first half when he did not have a player man marking him and was ineffective as soon as Liverpool put Hamann to man mark him. In order for both of them to reach a new height ala Zidane, Dinho, etc.....they would need to work on getting pass markers like Dinho and Zidane and a host of great players were able to do in their prime.
Well obviously CR7 has a lot of natural talent....hard work alone can't take you where he is. But I was talking about in terms of the best of the best I believe that Kaka and Messi are ahead in terms of natural ability than CR7. People tend to knock Kaka a lot for not performing as well when marked and the criticism is valid but to an extent almost all players are markable....with aenough preparation a manager can take almost any player out of a game.

I thought Kaka had a better second half after Bentiez took off Mascherano.....coming down to the end, he went on a solo run that almost led to a goal and he beat at least two defenders before laying it off for Inzaghi's second.

But you are right....kaka, CR7 and Messi have a bit more work to reach the Zidane, ronaldinho, Ronaldo level where defenses don't matter. In truth it looks like Messi might be best able to match their standards because of his ability to weave through the tightest of spaces....then again with the "quality spanish defenses" it's still debateable.

What I refered to was the mechanics of motion for either of the players. Look at how Ronaldo or Adriano beat players in their prime and compare it to hew Sheva did it. When Ronaldo, ronaldinho or even Adriano beat a marker they needed minimal 'recovery' distance since the ball wouldn't be pushed too far away from their original position. The movements were smaller, tighter and more graceful. When Sheva beat a man the movements were slightly more unrefined (i.e. he'd have to go back further to get the ball (more "recovery" distance)) and a lot of movement was wasted.....Then compare Ronaldo's moves to Maradonna's.....maradonna wasted no movement at all....ronaldo still had to move back to get the ball....Maradonna looked like he glued the ball to his boots....there ws almost no recovery distance because every movement advanced his overall trajectory. I know this is a piss poor explanation and I look like an absolute idiot so I'll shut up now
drucurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 01:07   #116
menon_inc
¤ I Still Believe ¤
 
menon_inc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Malaysia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drucurl

What I refered to was the mechanics of motion for either of the players. Look at how Ronaldo or Adriano beat players in their prime and compare it to hew Sheva did it. When Ronaldo, ronaldinho or even Adriano beat a marker they needed minimal 'recovery' distance since the ball wouldn't be pushed too far away from their original position. The movements were smaller, tighter and more graceful. When Sheva beat a man the movements were slightly more unrefined (i.e. he'd have to go back further to get the ball (more "recovery" distance)) and a lot of movement was wasted.....Then compare Ronaldo's moves to Maradonna's.....maradonna wasted no movement at all....ronaldo still had to move back to get the ball....Maradonna looked like he glued the ball to his boots....there ws almost no recovery distance because every movement advanced his overall trajectory. I know this is a piss poor explanation and I look like an absolute idiot so I'll shut up now
I get where you're going but you seem to be limiting natural abilities to abilities to take on players over all other aspects. There is a lot of other aspects that needs to be looked at like headers, set pieces, shooting, natural goal scoring instinct and and consistency. There is no point in being all flashy when you lack in other areas. I guess players like Denilson will come to mind as being all flashy but lacking in many other departments


Signature
AC MILAN --THE BEST THERE IS
THE BEST THERE WAS
AND THE BEST THERE EVER WILL BE
-----------http://talkmilan.blogspot.com/--------



Legends
menon_inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 05:40   #117
Wet Ones
Απορροφάμε
 
Wet Ones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Rif Mountains
Fav. Players: Whoever helps make Milan untouchable
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drucurl
I thought Kaka had a better second half after Bentiez took off Mascherano.....coming down to the end, he went on a solo run that almost led to a goal and he beat at least two defenders before laying it off for Inzaghi's second.
He said '05, not '07
Wet Ones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 13:53   #118
manutd fan
EPL Captain
 
manutd fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: uk
Fav. Players: Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
Default

I think one major advantage Ronaldo has over the other 2 is that if all 3 players are having a shocker and being marked out of the game, he hurt you more than the other two with his free kicks and heading ability.

I do think though that Messi has the potential to be in another league to both Kaka and Ronaldo, but at the same time I don't think he'll reach that level because of how injury prone he is.
manutd fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 14:29   #119
drucurl
Banned
 
drucurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Trinidad and Tobago
Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet Ones
He said '05, not '07
sorry obviously I'm a c*nt
drucurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2009, 17:00   #120
Jasper
Maldini tier
 
Jasper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Mt. Paektu
Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli, Michael Avenatti
Default

This years list was introduced today. No Italians, no current Milan players in the list. Serie A is obviously in a low in this measurement as well.

The list:
Andreï Archavine -- (Russia, Arsenal) [dunno why they spell it like that]
Karim Benzema -- (France, Lyon then Real Madrid)
Iker Casillas -- (Spain, Real Madrid)
Cristiano Ronaldo -- (Portugal, Manchester United then Real Madrid)
Diego -- (Brazil, Werder Brême then Juventus Turin)
Didier Drogba -- (Côte d'Ivoire, Chelsea)
Edin Dzeko -- (Bosnia, Wolfsburg)
Samuel Eto'o -- (Cameroon, FC Barcelone then Inter Milan)
Cesc Fabregas -- (Spain, Arsenal)
Fernando Torres-- (Spain, Liverpool)
Diego Forlan -- (Uruguay, Atletico Madrid)
Steven Gerrard -- (England, Liverpool)
Ryan Giggs -- (Wales, Manchester United)
Yoann Gourcuff -- (France, Bordeaux)
Thierry Henry -- (France, FC Barcelone)
Zlatan Ibrahimovic -- (Sweden, Inter Milan then FC Barcelone)
Iniesta -- (Spain, FC Barcelone)
Julio Cesar -- (Brazil, Inter Milan)
Kakà -- (Brazil, Milan AC then Real Madrid)
Frank Lampard -- (England, Chelsea)
Maicon -- (Brazil, Inter Milan)
Lionel Messi -- (Argentina, FC Barcelone)
Luis Fabiano -- (Brazil, FC Séville)
Franck Ribéry -- (France, Bayern Munich)
Wayne Rooney -- (England, Manchester United)
John Terry -- (England, Chelsea)
Nemanja Vidic-- (Serbia, Manchester United)
David Villa -- (Spain, Valencia)
Xavi -- (Spain, FC Barcelone)
Yaya Touré-- (Côte d'Ivoire, FC Barcelone)

http://www.imscouting.com/global_news_item.aspx?id=3362


Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 19:13.





Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2002-2011 The Red & Black Forums. These are fan forums and are in no way affiliated with AC Milan S.p.A.