Alexandre Pato Thread

How many goals will Pato score for Milan in 2012-2013?

• Total voters

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
That is the greatest thing about being a footballer - even if youre the ugliest fuck in the world you can always get a hot girlfriend. I guess money and muscles really make up for it.

ics_rk

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Sheva, Maldini, Baresi, Nesta, van der Vaart, Torres, Reyes, Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato
ROSSONERO_PR said:
Poor PATO :proud: He didn't sleep all Night / last Night :cry:
He was so HAPPY about his debut with MILAN and His Dream become reality to play alongside KAKA' & RONALDO !
I think that We made to much presure on him lately and MILAN should be more mature in the future with him. He is only 18 years old :head:

FORZA PATO.
He is still 18 but he has matured, that's for sure :)

PRIYO

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Sheva, Sergio Claudio, Ibra.
Now that we have him in the squad, how's the average age for the 1st team? do we still have the highest average age in serie a?

Dann

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Pato, Nesta, T.Silva, Sheva, Pirlo, Totti, Rino
PRIYO said:
Now that we have him in the squad, how's the average age for the 1st team? do we still have the highest average age in serie a?

i read somewhere that we have the lowest average age for attack, which is a start i guess.

Besfort

Milan Legend
Reaction score
We don't need young defenders. They allways make mistakes in big games.
I'm allready statisfied with the current team.

Centre

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Blog: Patomania

The hype for an 18-year-old with spots and braces was crazy even by Italian standards, but Susy Campanale is happy to report Alexandre Pato did not disappoint

Serie A has seen far too many false dawns for the big new star, let alone a teenager who has not played a competitive club game in six months. Patomania was all over the country and beyond weeks before he finally stepped on to the field, so San Siro was packed out for his debut against Napoli.

All eyes were trained on the 18-year-old nicknamed ‘The Duck’ and his bright orange boots, while every touch of the ball prompted cheers from the crowd. For the first 10 minutes, anyway. Then the jeers started. After all, this is Serie A – nobody gets an easy ride here.

Slowly but surely, the pressure on Pato’s shoulders eased and he began to play like the talent that had been promised us all. Granted, he’s still a bit rough around the edges, but for a teen making his first appearance in European football it was more than an impressive performance.

He can turn like he’s on rails, shoot from any angle, use both feet and already shows an ability to link up with his teammates. In fact, Pato’s greatest strength may well be his birth certificate, because at that age you have the barely-warranted confidence to think you can do anything. And when you try, sometimes you’ll find you can actually do it. Pato is most definitely not afraid to try and he can scare defenders with his unpredictability alone.

Watching Pato, Ronaldo, Kaka and Clarence Seedorf combine made the mouth water, especially when you consider Milan have a packed schedule this January to prepare for their Champions League encounter with Arsenal. That is the match every lover of the beautiful game will want to watch and is lining up to be the perfect advert for the sport.

However, it remains to be seen quite how this is going to work against a team other than the less than solid Napoli. Seedorf has already complained he doesn’t appreciate being pushed back into right midfield, Gennaro Gattuso was suspended for that tie and will end up battling against Massimo Ambrosini for a place and Carlo Ancelotti’s love of attacking full-backs has to take a back seat to support this trident.

One option that has been mooted is a switch to a three-man defence, which considering the Rossoneri’s ageing back line sounds like a plausible alternative. Paolo Maldini can give his best in a central role as he nears retirement alongside Alessandro Nesta and Kakha Kaladze with Massimo Oddo taking right midfield and giving Seedorf more creativity. With so many games to play in three competitions, the ‘old’ system can be brought back with the likes of Giuseppe Favalli and Serginho filling in the gaps.

Ancelotti has proved himself a great Coach at building his tactics around players, so this is a fresh challenge that could bring us a brand new era at Milan. All because of a teenager with spots and braces.

channel4.com

Reaction score
alexandre pato is phenomena... i hope he will enjoy in milan.. and become the new icon, every one who loves football will realize that his really talented... he will become a big player..

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta, Seedorf and Superpippo!!!!
Remember that Oliveira went to GOliveira after his first game too, cause if i still got my memory then he scored a goal in his first game..

Lets wait before we judge him.. but its promising atleast. We got someone else than gila and pippo ( pippo is AWESOME)

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
Stop fucking comparing him to oli. If anything he was more like Gila last night. Missing two easy chances. Slipping and falling everywhere. Even his lone goal was a one on one with the goalie. And the idiot jumped over the ball! If he was a decent gk he would've done the normal thing and slid horizontally to try and stop the shot. Don't go peggging the kid as great yet.

shaj

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Fabergas, Gattuso, Joe Cole, Terry, Maradona, Nesta
MilanoMichael said:
Stop fucking comparing him to oli. If anything he was more like Gila last night. Missing two easy chances. Slipping and falling everywhere. Even his lone goal was a one on one with the goalie. And the idiot jumped over the ball! If he was a decent gk he would've done the normal thing and slid horizontally to try and stop the shot. Don't go peggging the kid as great yet.
Many of the players were slipping & falling...the san siro pitch, unfortunately, sucks...

One on One with the goalie??? Did you miss the defender he wrong footed with his first touch???

And The 'idiot' didn't jump over the ball...Pato anticipated the jump and placed it under him...

Gila?????

Wow...

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
MilanoMichael said:
Exactly.
If Gilardino did all those things Pato did last night people would still be rating him a 4.5.

shaj

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
San Paolo said:
Exactly.
If Gilardino did all those things Pato did last night people would still be rating him a 4.5.
If Gillardino could do half the things Pato did, we wouldn't need Pato...

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
shaj said:
If Gillardino could do half the things Pato did, we wouldn't need Pato...
Galliani, is that you?

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
San Paolo said:
Exactly.
Took the words right out of my mouth.

shaj

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
San Paolo said:
Galliani, is that you?

Please stop...

...you're cracking me up...

...ouch that hurts.

crazymilangirl

Busy, Busy, Busy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pirlo, Nesta, Seedorf and Superpippo!!!!
I will compare him to Oliveira as much as i want, try to stop me. :)

I think certain people are getting carried away here. He sure is promising, there was an article about him in a freakin Norwegian newspaper but all Im saying is: The higher the expectations, the bigger the disappointment.
I really hope he does not disappoint us but you dont know that after just 1 game..

His gf looks too old for him.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Corriere dello Sport

Milan go to Catania without Pato or Ronaldo and Gila's on his way

what???

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
is he injured or sumthing ?

Armin__m

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
>>rossoneri<<
San Paolo said:
Exactly.
he did miss a few easy chances,but when the hell did you see gila being involved in the game so much??
pato was trying very hard and he did well..
if he can keep doing like this i would be satisfied..

FC Nuri

Forza Milahhhh
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All the crazy characters of the Milan show.
^^ And Pato is 18, I don't see to many 18 year olds out there even starting for a top club in the world.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
*Milan*4ever* said:
he did miss a few easy chances,but when the hell did you see gila being involved in the game so much??
pato was trying very hard and he did well..
if he can keep doing like this i would be satisfied..
Pato missed two sitters... easy chances... if Pato didn't score people would've crucified him. If it was Gilardino... God help him.

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
San Paolo said:
If it was Gilardino... God help him.
Well, yeah, but thats because Gila has been missing those for 2 years. If pato turns 21 and only has 20 goals to his name, i can assure you he will get the same treatment as gila.

Armin__m

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
>>rossoneri<<
San Paolo said:
Pato missed two sitters... easy chances... if Pato didn't score people would've crucified him. If it was Gilardino... God help him.
every striker,including eto`o,drogba,van nistelrooy (especially him),pippo,and all the others miss sitters,sometimes 3 or 4 in a single game..
when they score one goal after those few misses,they are gods again..why wouldn`t it be the same with pato?

and although the goal was great,for me it is not as important as his performance,he did well,better than i expected..
his style of play is different than gila`s/pippo`s,as he tries to be more involved and tries to dribble,he isn`t afraid to take on a defender..
and another very important thing,unlike gila and pippo,he doesn`t dive when he is under pressure..
just watch his goal again,and ask yourself would gila and pippo dive in that situation?
i am sure that after a minimal contact (and that was much more than a minimal contact) either of those two would dive..

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
Here's why I don't like Gila (conversely it could be why I like Pato)

1) Dives all the time
2) I don't mind you boast to the press (that shows confidence) but at least make some sense:
Pato : "I'll score two vs Napoli" - That's great and excites the fans
Gila : "I'll score 35 goals in the next 100 matches" I may not be an expert at math but that's an average of 0.35 which is rather poor for an out-and out strikers. And judgoing from gila's reputation to score heaps in blowouts...it necessarily implies that he'll go missing in the big games.
3)Gila only shoots inside the box
4)Can't dribble for shit :o
5)One strategy : take the ball and continue running in that direction towards goal and shoot :head:
6) Confessed to wanting to go to Juve :eek:
7) (this made me dislike him the most) After missing a penalty he had no remorse and asid he'd do it again exactly the same way :rolleyes:
8) From the first game he ever played you could see that Sheva, Kaka and co didn't trust him with the ball. Kaka STILL hesitates to pass to him. For better or worse this hurts/limits our attack.
9)Can only play ONE position: out and out striker
10)Not a particularly fast, smart or strong guy :head:

albion tifo

Forever Milanista
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pipo, Boban, MVB, Gullit, Baresi, Billy, Seedorf, Zambrotta, Weah, Stam, Zlatan
San Paolo said:
I think Pato can't be compared with Gilardino at all , he is totally another striker his moves with ball or without it, is more faster and can pass ball in any position also ,he shoots from every position and is totally different, that can be seen from airplane that is better and other level from Gila.

krech

Milan Forever
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibra, Cassano, TS, Prince
I really don't understand sometimes, for me it's obvious that Pato is so much different from Gila, I like Gila and I'm very happy hor him when he scores (once a month or so), but when I see Pato, and even if he doesn't score, I enjoy his type of play, dribble, fast, technically very good, and let's hope scores goals ... so for me better Pato than 10 Gilardinos...