Simone Verdi Thread

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Palermo saw enough in him to want as a potential replace for Kjaer...

lol. Not really. They bought Munoz and are on the market for Toloi.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Any news on his condition?

Verdi was left behind, in Milan, as a precautionary due to a mild knee sprain suffered in the Emirates Cup. He is expected to be back for the TIM Trophy on August the 13th.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
мιℓαηєℓℓσ;767694 said:
Verdi was left behind, in Milan, as a precautionary due to a mild knee sprain suffered in the Emirates Cup. He is expected to be back for the TIM Trophy on August the 13th.

Great news. For me, i just want to follow barca/man utd model of using our high potential kids like verdi, merkel and integrating them slowly. Star cup games, some spot starts v. smaller teams, super subs

Milan need to learn how to DEVELOP players. None of this paloschi co-ownership loan out till 25 bs.

Susan

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Sandro Nesta, Thiago Silva, Pippo, Ibra, Kaka
thnx!

looks very talented..natural on the ball.

ps who did that backheel on the hilites? merkel? swag

Merkel did a backheel, so I'm sure we're talking about the same. Was really nice to see that from him :D

I hope Verdi has no serious injury, haven't really read about it anywhere so I don't know how bad it is. Maybe it's not that bad and they want to have him fully fit for the upcoming weeks, so they did not take him to the US. That's what I hope for.

About loaning him out/co-ownership deals etc., a big NO to that. We can't lose someone like Verdi, he's a big talent and he could get enough playing time here, at least with Allegri as coach. So I never would loan him out or give him to another club, he should learn everything here and hopefully he will be our future star. It would be a big mistake to let him play somewhere else, we can't afford to lose him.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Verdi should definetly be kept here at the san siro.
haven't seen him play. but heard many good things about him on the red & black forums

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
Great news. For me, i just want to follow barca/man utd model of using our high potential kids like verdi, merkel and integrating them slowly. Star cup games, some spot starts v. smaller teams, super subs

Milan need to learn how to DEVELOP players. None of this paloschi co-ownership loan out till 25 bs.

+10 best post i've heard in a while. not some amazing epiphany or anything, but it is so true that how we have been developing players has produced nothing and we seem to have a boatload of talent now in our youth and its time to take the most promising ones and give them CONSISTENT time here and there to improve... exactly like what barca is doing with pedro, etc.

stephen tapper

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
simone verdi should make at least 12 serie A debut's this seasion. This is to boast his experiance and playing skills

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Yeah well this two actually deserve a good run in the team.Prior to them we didn't really have any youngsters that did.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Yeah well this two actually deserve a good run in the team.Prior to them we didn't really have any youngsters that did.

I'm just going to point to how awesome seedorf looked with merkel, strasser and verdi because of there high energy and movement.

it's same thing i've said all along about pirlo but it's true..... give guys like pirlo or seedorf guys who make runs and move a lot, they'll look miles better because they won't have to cover as much ground... which as a 30something year old cm, you shouldn't be expected to on a consistent basis

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
I'm just going to point to how awesome seedorf looked with merkel, strasser and verdi because of there high energy and movement.

it's same thing i've said all along about pirlo but it's true..... give guys like pirlo or seedorf guys who make runs and move a lot, they'll look miles better because they won't have to cover as much ground... which as a 30something year old cm, you shouldn't be expected to on a consistent basis

Good point.I hope Merkel manages to get into the first 11 this year and links up well with Pirlo.

We will have a situation similar with the 2006 azurri here.

anilak

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Good point.I hope Merkel manages to get into the first 11 this year and links up well with Pirlo.

We will have a situation similar with the 2006 azurri here.

how ? :conf::conf:

I read in another forum that Verdi's out till spring :cry:. Fuckin bad luck then. Any news on this ?

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf

I read in another forum that Verdi's out till spring :cry:. Fuckin bad luck then. Any news on this ?

LOL... thats an awful translation via milannews.it. Example A, y you don't use google translation :D

http://www.milannews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=31449

con buona probabilità, fara la spola tra Primavera e prima squadra durante la prossima stagione del Milan.

it said at end of article something to extent....it's likely he'll split team between primavera and first team next season.

primavera translates as " spring"

Thats why it's a shame he got hurt... could have established more of a first team place... though i dont mind him playing some primavera games if he won't see field

IMO he's good enough to play first team now though.

previous report said.... verdi should be fit before berlusconi cup. He's already working out. Looks like a slight knee sprain (total gues on my part)

diavoli7

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Pirlo Cafu Ambrosini Nesta Gattuso Kaka Silva Pato Rivaldo Essien

lol my heart stopped beating for a second, it's as senatore said :D

him and merkel will most likely play both teams. which is good, they will need all the playing time they can get. i hope they play all the coppa matches though (about time we had a good run in it btw) and at least 5-10 appearances in serie a (they don't have to be starts, but substantial minutes would be nice)

EDIT: obviously i expect strasser and oduamadi to play more than that seeing how they are full-time seniors now. hopefully they get quite a few starts and more sub appearances each, helps keep the team fresh after all and we will definitely need them more next season what with lots of players going out of contract. I can see a few of the youth really excelling under allegri :)

Last edited:

SENSACION7

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
This Kid Is A Sure Fire Star Talent In The Making. Out Of All the Kids He's The Most Ready First Teamer. Followed Very Very Closly By Merkel. Our Best Kept Secret.

Get Well Soon Kid !

Susan

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Sandro Nesta, Thiago Silva, Pippo, Ibra, Kaka
I'm sure he will be back for the next friendlies because I read he only has a slight knee sprain, so nothing serious. I really hope to have him back then because he is a big talent and I want to see him play with the first team as often as possible.

SENSACION7

Starting Eleven
Reaction score

Completely Agree... Soon We'll Be Seeing Ely, Hotter, DeVito In The Squad !

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta
right so i was beginning to worry about whether they'll send verdi back into the primavera. eventually i found this on the official website.

"The Rossoneri second string team has changed a lot from last season.
There are 12 players confirmed from the Primavera 2009-2010: Davide Di Fabio, goalkeeper; Albertazzi, De Sciglio, De Vito, Ghiringhelli, Pasini, defenders; Calvano, Hottor, Merkel and Novinic, midfielders; Beretta and Gaeta, forwards. There are 14 new arrivals: Paleari and Piscitelli, goalkeepers; Baldan, Desole, Pirovano and Sampirisi, defenders; Bertoni, Fossati, Lora and Santonocito, midfielders; Cogliati, Ganz, Mancuso and Palibrk, forwards.

The situation has changed regarding other players who were part of the Primavera 2009-2010 squad: Zigoni, Strasser and Oduamadi are co-owned by Milan and Genoa, Verdi is in the orbit of the first team, Donnarumma has been loaned to Piacenza, Romagnoli to Foggia, Schenetti to Lucchese, Scampini to Pisa."

so, i think the loan deals are good. and you can see Fossati, Desole and Santonocito are there in the new arrivals list. Calvano and Hottor are there too. a big surprise though was Merkel. i had thought he was gonna stay with the first team. i guess Strasser will be staying though in our first team, as is Oduamadi since they are co-owned. and lastly, Verdi's made it to the first team i think. wtf does "in orbit" mean? is it like, he's almost in the first team? or he's at the first team's disposal? i think it means we'll see some of him this season in the first team.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I think verdi might play both first team and primavera and in january they'll assess. He's barely 18. If he's too good for pirmavera but can't get enough time in first team, he might be loaned.

ikita

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Ricardo Kaka, Alessandro Nesta
i see. hmmm. when he becomes better, and if it does happen in a time where he cannot get enough playing time in the first team and needs to go elsewhere, it better be purely a loan. Verdi is not one that we should co-own with another team. i honestly feel that, when the deal goes to co-ownerships there is a high chance that we will lose the player and this must not happen with verdi or any of our upcoming stars. these players are gonna light up the san siro in years to come. who knows they may already be able to do so.

SixOneFive

Long Live Don Silvio
Reaction score
I really want to see this guy play juve on sunday, especially with the duck being out. This guy coming around could be extremely convenient to us this year b/c I'm losing faith about Hunt leaving for us to bring in Ibra or whoever.

Can't believe how young he is

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Anyone know his healthy. It's a shame he hurt his knee v. lyon

He would have played panithiakos and TIM cup and i'm sure he would have established himself ahead of Odu.

Dwa Milan

Milan Per Sempre
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dejan Savicevic, Pirlo, Kaka,zambrotta,rui costa,sandro nesta,gourcuff, Marco Simone

He would have played panithiakos and TIM cup and i'm sure he would have established himself ahead of Odu.

I think I saw him in our latest training, don't know if his doing separate training or the same with the healthy players..
Surely he will be in and out the primavera and senior team, his very-very young but a bit too good for primavera already, his current problem is only physical attributes although he bulked up a bit compare to last season

SENSACION7

Starting Eleven
Reaction score

You make a good point, in my eye's he's a slight higher than Merkel in readiness. Although i think that Odu's issue was he missed several training and friendlies before tha Panathinaikos game. We are now seeing a more comfortable play out of him.

I think I saw him in our latest training, don't know if his doing separate training or the same with the healthy players..
Surely he will be in and out the primavera and senior team, his very-very young but a bit too good for primavera already, his current problem is only physical attributes although he bulked up a bit compare to last season

I do believe your right he's still with the first team again. I read somewhere it was just a sprain.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
i really believe that Verdi & Merkel can breaktrough this year

Dwa Milan

Milan Per Sempre
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dejan Savicevic, Pirlo, Kaka,zambrotta,rui costa,sandro nesta,gourcuff, Marco Simone
Well Milan site also claim that Verdi is being promoted
by the way Verdi played alongside Fossati and Merkel in the senior players primavera mixed against our senior side

here's the mix team line up:
Amelia; Ghiringhelli, Onyewu, Albertazzi, Jankulovski; Verdi, Strasser, Fossati, Oduamadi; Merkel; Beretta.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
That seems like the second string side. Look at the senior's used. Onyewu, Amelia and Janku. All will be backups this year.

Dwa Milan

Milan Per Sempre
Reaction score
Fav. Players
That seems like the second string side. Look at the senior's used. Onyewu, Amelia and Janku. All will be backups this year.

yeah the mix it up, probably because some of the senior players are not fit enough to play

here's the first team (full senior team line up)
first half
Abbiati; Papastathopoulos, Thiago Silva, Yepes, Antonini; Flamini, Pirlo, Ambrosini; Abate, Huntelaar, Ronaldinho.

second half.
Amelia; Oddo, Bonera, Kaladze, Zambrotta; Gattuso, Boateng, Merkel; Seedorf, Inzaghi, Borriello.

the first team wins 4-0 (1 goal in the first half, three in the second)

masterofnaiads

Drummer Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Zidane, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Gattuso, Inzaghi, Rivaldo, Kaka, Forlan, Cocu, Riquelme, Cafu
no oguchi...no odu?

Why is Oguchi being completely left out when scum like Kaladze are played?

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
Have I missed a game today or yesterday? :conf:

Schedule