Michael Agazzi Thread

Benny20

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Agazzi will not be #3 ffs whats wrong with you people.. some say Hes gonna compete for #1 with Abbiati, some that hes going to be #2 with one of Marchetti or Perin coming in
Agazzi is "too good" to be #3, as well as too expensive. He would be a perfect 2nd choice IMO

in what world is the number 2 keeper at Cagliari our number 1 or capable of being number 1 . the guy is frightfully average and In the games I've seen him play not a hell of a lot better than Amelia in fact when we got Amelia they were about the same form wise .

you're right that he's too expensive to be a number 3 so guess what ...don't get him .we cannot move forward with players like agazzi and abbiati next season would be a adequate number 2 so lets go out and get a significant number 1. if we need a number 3 keeper then just get a cheap alternative and send Gabriel on loan for a season .

Mario

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Who said hed be N1here? I said He should be #2.
And since when is He a back up at Cagliari?! Hes been a starter for years, He didnt play in the last 2 months because of the contract talks.
Hes better than Amelia, more than good enough to be 2nd choice here

Benny20

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
ok so back up to abbiati next season....and then what .we need to strike a deal for a new number 1 for next season and if abbiati is staying on then what's the point of agazzi .signing agazzi and renewing abbiati means no perin and no marchetti ...who are players I'd much rather get.

do you not see how small minded this mentality is and yes he has been a starter for Cagliari for years and so what . are we buying players cause they've been at their clubs for years or players that truly improve the squad .comparing him to Amelia is not the point ..the point is whether he is better than abbiati and he isn't .

your points have some validity but look big picture ....this deal and that money talked about is wrong .

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Who said hed be N1here? I said He should be #2.
And since when is He a back up at Cagliari?! Hes been a starter for years, He didnt play in the last 2 months because of the contract talks.
Hes better than Amelia, more than good enough to be 2nd choice here

how can you conclude that?

mummila

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
He is good enough for 2nd or 3rd choice.

We had Kalac, Storari, Fiori..etc

They were backups.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He is good enough for 2nd or 3rd choice.

We had Kalac, Storari, Fiori..etc

They were backups.
Storari was very good, even now, I would rather have him than Amelia.

ok so back up to abbiati next season....and then what .we need to strike a deal for a new number 1 for next season and if abbiati is staying on then what's the point of agazzi .signing agazzi and renewing abbiati means no perin and no marchetti ...who are players I'd much rather get.

do you not see how small minded this mentality is and yes he has been a starter for Cagliari for years and so what . are we buying players cause they've been at their clubs for years or players that truly improve the squad .comparing him to Amelia is not the point ..the point is whether he is better than abbiati and he isn't .

your points have some validity but look big picture ....this deal and that money talked about is wrong .
Very well said :thumbsup::thumbsup:
how can you conclude that?

how can you not? :D

:lol::lol::lol:

This exchange was just too funny

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
he really isnt a bad keeper at all, idk why ppl are complaining so much and saying he is really error prone.

He makes some mistakes, all keepers do. Overall he has been a top 10 or so keeper in the league.

He would be an excellent backup or an ok starter. The much better situation is to bring in a real quality starter like Perrin or Marchetti and have Agazzi as backup.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
facepalm-gif.gif

Now I know we have no chance of getting Perrin or any keeper at all this summer.

Benny20

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
like I mentioned before ,abbiati will probably get a 1 year extension .if agazzi isn't going to be a 3rd choice keeper it means no perin,marchetti or anyone like them.we can't simply sign someone who would be an ok starter when we need someone who can be a long term quality addition.

the sheer poorness of Amelia has got people seeing things the wrong way .again the question should not be about a player marginally better than Amelia but someone better than abbiati.and in regards to the wage it shouldn't be about the fact the Amelia is on 1.4 million and agazzi will get 1 million a season but why we would double his current wage .it's not about saving the 400 k a year if we off load Amelia when we are perhaps paying 400 - 500 k a year too much for agazzi .yes it's cheaper but we are still over paying a player .

are perin and marchetti better than abbiati ...yes ...and would abbiati be a formidable number 2 ...yes ..then why agazzi .

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
eventually he is going to get the starting spot

you need to pay money for a keeper that can healthily improve the the team

paying for a goalkeeper thoe is blasphemy. no italian voter will give a damn is silvio buys a boring keeper

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
eventually he is going to get the starting spot

you need to pay money for a keeper that can healthily improve the the team

paying for a goalkeeper thoe is blasphemy. no italian voter will give a damn is silvio buys a boring keeper

:lol::lol::lol:

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Agazzi is good, and would make a perfect understudy.

irkuysm

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
His wage offered reflect that he will not be our 3rd GK if Abbiati stay next season.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
As 2nd choice? I'd prefer that to be Abbiati.
1st choice? Definitely not good enough.

Another season with Abbiati as 1st choice, but with Aggazi as 2nd choice? ....uggh

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
As 2nd choice? I'd prefer that to be Abbiati.
1st choice? Definitely not good enough.

Another season with Abbiati as 1st choice, but with Aggazi as 2nd choice? ....uggh

Meanwhile Perin's price soars past 20m and Juve/Roma get him.

1. Perin
2. Agazzi
3. Abbiati

:thumbsup:

Benny20

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

1. Perin
2. Agazzi
3. Abbiati

that's a good 3 keepers and what would be considered good depth and coverage .Considering cost and so forth it's one of the best scenarios we could hope for and in truth be one of our strongest keeper groups in a while .Maybe we loan Gabriel for a season and then bring him back as abbiati's replacement .

Kojak

CAPO DEI CAPI
Reaction score
that's a good 3 keepers and what would be considered good depth and coverage .Considering cost and so forth it's one of the best scenarios we could hope for and in truth be one of our strongest keeper groups in a while .Maybe we loan Gabriel for a season and then bring him back as abbiati's replacement .

Yeah realistic and we'd be set for years. Abbiati already said he's fine as backup. Agazzi's free transfer and Perin's Genoa player :g: Tbh don't think we'll see Gabriel again. He won't develop playing second fiddle to Perin/Agazzi. Plus we just signed half Primavera GK for more than Gabriel's card.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score

1. Perin
2. Agazzi
3. Abbiati

let's not think to much in football manager terms

1. Abbz
2. Perin
3. Gabriel

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He went to Chievo in January. I hope he stays there

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
Is he already official?

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Played for Chievo already. Hope he stays there.

Clarence

Feel the indifference
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Seedorf, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Ibra, Thiago Silva, Pirlo, Totti.
One swallow doesn't make a summer. ;)

Lord7God

Optimistic Pessimist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Galfano , Coliuto , Zappa , DiSinone , Pabi , Passaro , Zanga
He's free therefore he is a reaistic target.

Polotelli

Milan Legend
SAPL Moderator
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maignan, Tomori, Kjaer, Theo, Bennacer, Leao, Giroud
our current goalkeepers: Abbiati, Amelia, Coppola & Gabriel
returning from loan: Pazzagli

- Abbiati's and Coppola's contract are ending atm

1. I do think there is a good possibility in not extending Abbiati's contract since we have many (cheaper) alternatives
2. Selling Amelia would be a dream, sadly I don't see this happening :(
3. Coppola could actually be renewed, since he has a very low wage, and 3rd/4th option only sites on the bench at occasions, so it doesn't really matter
4. Pazzagli is a nobody, if they can't get rid of him, they're going to loan him out again
5. Gabriel situation is difficult to predict, I think they're going to loan him out, but just maybe he could be the new 2nd or 3rd goalie
6. Agazzi is a typical Galliani signing, so I believe this will happen

as a result

1. Agazzi ?
2. Amelia 1m / year or Gabriel / 0,5m / year
3. Coppola 0,2m / year

this is the cheapest solution
not sure if they're going to aim big with a player like Diego Lopez, Marchetti, Sirigu, Perin

mato

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
1. Agazzi ?
2. Amelia 1m / year or Gabriel / 0,5m / year
3. Coppola 0,2m / year

Probably better than what we have now yes. But here's what will happen -

1. Abbiati (standing somewhere between posts, hoping that shots miss him - about 30 games in serie A)
2. Amelia (will play when Abbiati is injured + one or two coppa matches)
3. Gabriel (injured 3/4 of season, other games benched + maybe a game in coppa)
4. Pazzagli (only time he'll see the game will be when he's a bench warmer in first round of coppa)

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
he wasn't that bad yesterday, he's young and needs improvememnt

maybe he could becomme good for us

Schedule