The wrestling thread...........brotha

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
There are far too many to name past & present
Immortal was a villainous professional wrestling alliance in Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (TNA). It originally consisted of leaders Eric Bischoff and Hulk Hogan, as well as Abyss, Jeff Hardy and Jeff Jarrett and later also came to include Bully Ray, Chris Harris, Gunner, referee Jackson James, Karen Jarrett, Kurt Angle, Matt Hardy, Mr. Anderson, Murphy, Ric Flair, Rob Terry, Scott Steiner, and Tommy Dreamer

Isn't this their whole roster? :lol:

TNA. :lol:

Wait wait wait, that is the NWO all over again.

Does this Aces 8's have that same vibe to it?

CanUNoTouch

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
There are far too many to name past & present
Not even close :lol:

I mean all the extra member fuckery, plus outside parties tryin to take over and kidnappings etc etc. Remember within 6 months of the NWO being created you had like 8-10+ members. Outside of the NWO what other stables had more than 5 members that were a proper success? Maybe the Heenan family back in the day.

Lord7God

Optimistic Pessimist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Galfano , Coliuto , Zappa , DiSinone , Pabi , Passaro , Zanga
Outside of the nWo in WCW .The only huge group that had success and filled arenas is the nWo Japan in NJPW.Maybe Vodoo Murders in all Japan.

damn

keyboard Sacchi
Reaction score
Matt Morgans never goin to be a star, he would be one now if he was. They still fuckin with Roode thats good to hear, whats his gimmick at the present? I had heard that Aries was champ and his gimmick was decent, I dont if Hogan reallys fucks with Aries or just put the belt on him because of Punk & Bryan in the E.

:lol: None of those 3 should be booking ever. Brother Love wrote for the E when it was probably at its lowest back in the mid 90's. Hogans only good at politicking. Erics a great on screen character but hes too much of a Hogan guy to be on the book. Nothing really seems to be innovate with that team (even tho most wrestling booking concepts are old anyway , just got to update it with the current and afterall it all coems down to the fight between good and evil). I bet Lagana is nothing more than a pawn.

:fp: @ Hogan & Sting still being one of the main stars in 2013. I can understand why Hogan does it but no-one wants to see his old ass all up on the screen. You cannot trust Hardy, hes a fuck up and hes good at bringing the teenage girls in. But he'll always be a Spot Monkey and I doubt his mic work has improved, hes charismatic in look and moves but not enough in actual personality (hes a fuckin oddball) to lead a company. Has AJ even broken out yet properly, last i saw of him was either when he was wearing suits with Flair or he was with Karen, but there was still somethnig lackin in him. They should of built the company around AJ back in 05/06. Does Storm still have that Austin-esque beer drinkin tough guy gimmick?

Joe fucked around, he should of taken his release when they offered it to him all those years ago. Has Joes ring work fallen off, would be a shame if it has? How many gimmicks/make overs has AJ had? Daniels :lol: this guy was gimmick ready 10 years ago, if anyone from ROH was gunan make it it was gunan be him, glad to see him finally get his shine after being saddled with other gimmicks. Even tho Curry man is his character in the 1st place but still. Fallen Angel>>>> What is his gimmick now

Jarrett will probably bring that fuckin guitar with him. Jeff let it go, you've never gotten over with it ever. Road Dogg was more over with his version then you ever was. But I always liked Jeff as a worker, solid hand in the ring.

pretty much agree wuth everything you said

daniels gimmick right now is like a mature intelligent DX.......basically a dastardly heel with a witty tongue.
aries is the man its worth it to watch tna just for him. tna know what they have with this guy.

storm still has the pg stone cold gimmick. ......he needs to let loose

roode is just a classic heel.

Really? :fp: Goddamn, flashbacks to NWO days when it had 958730 members

:lol: :lol: :lol:

If you like wrestling as in great matches watch NJPW
If you like storyline based product watch WWE
If you like 1000mph spot matches watch any of the indys
If you wand good wrestling but every match to me too fast watch ROH.

If you want some of the best week to week product ...then watch ECW 1995/6 and any of the UWF from the early -mid eights .

sounds about right
although all japan had some amazing matches too.
ecw is where the story of this era's wrestling began.

damn

keyboard Sacchi
Reaction score
Wait wait wait, that is the NWO all over again.

this killed me :lol:

Does this Aces 8's have that same vibe to it?

I mean all the extra member fuckery, plus outside parties tryin to take over and kidnappings etc etc. Remember within 6 months of the NWO being created you had like 8-10+ members. Outside of the NWO what other stables had more than 5 members that were a proper success? Maybe the Heenan family back in the day.

everyone wanted to be in the nwo because it guaranteed you got over.
bischoff should have been strict and told the virgils of the world to piss off. :o

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score

164d263f_ibxFWGla38dwbC.gif

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Wait, Hogan is booking on TNA? I thought that was just a story-line. What idiot made that decision?

Biscoff did wonderful work as the head booker on Raw but I agree he is way too much of a Hogan guy. Bring back Vince Russo :o

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
wcw marks :lol: :proud:

damn..that belt sure looks good on ADR :proud:

damn

keyboard Sacchi
Reaction score
Wait, Hogan is booking on TNA? I thought that was just a story-line. What idiot made that decision?

Biscoff did wonderful work as the head booker on Raw but I agree he is way too much of a Hogan guy. Bring back Vince Russo :o

hogan and bischoff are running shit.
dixie got played, these guys, are master manipulators

sure hogan gets like $40, 000 an on screen appearance :fp:

wish the leech would just retire

damn

keyboard Sacchi
Reaction score
ziggler jobbed again.....again :fp:
everyone calls up tna on people jobbing but I've never seen a no 1 contender job so much as ziggler.
the intercontinental and US titles meant something and now are meaningless.

ziggler, barret and cesaro >>>>>>> ryback, ADR and shamus :o

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
hey damn and others

why was HBK considered a massive prick back in the 90s? apart from the screwjob

I heard he wouldn't job and tried to get the rock(when he was just starting) fired with the help of HHH.

damn

keyboard Sacchi
Reaction score
hey damn and others

why was HBK considered a massive prick back in the 90s? apart from the screwjob

I heard he wouldn't job and tried to get the rock(when he was just starting) fired with the help of HHH.

he was considered a prick because he was one (probably by his own admission too)
he was a back stabber who was ruthless stabbED friends like marty jennety in the back.
when hogan macho and the rest of the old stars left for WCW vince still reeling from the steroid scandal started pushing the smaller younger wrestlers like bret hart and HBK and when HBK got in a position of power he used it to get people buried and fired.
HBK and the clique became very powerful because they were the few marketable stars vince had and WCW had a policy of offering bigger contracts to any top WWF talent willing to jump ship
vince was in a position where he had to keep HBK happy so if HBK had a problem with certain wrestlers vince would deal with it and obviously side with HBK.

this was also the height of the drug craze in wrestling and most wrestlers were taking ridicules amount of recreational drugs.

I don't doubt he tried to get rock fired, he was very protective of his position in the WWE.

that being said he is one of the very best wrestlers ever, if he was anything less he wouldn't have got away with it.

damn

keyboard Sacchi
Reaction score
see wwe rewrites history to portray vince as this all powerful iron fisted ruler but in the mid to late 90's he was getting played and manipulated by alot of these wrestlers.

hbk would play him, madusa jumped to wcw and dumped her WWF women's title in the bin live on nitro.
jeff jarret blackmailed vince into paying him to lose the IC title before he left for WCW (this animosity is the reason why TNA was founded. :lol:)
bret, razor, x-pac and nash all took big money offers from WCW.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
I've been reading about it.

apparently he wanted to get rid of the rock for HHH's sake who hated the rock because at that time, HHH and rocky miavia were the "rising stars"

they even wanted the rock to lose his intercontinental belt to bret hart (who liked the rock) so he can lose his momentum but hart refused.

HBK also wasn't willing to lose the title to stone cold (who obviously wasn't as big at the time) and undertaker had to step in.

btw, Taker's love for the WWE is unrivaled, I've felt it from his interviews.

Taker told michaels something in the lines of we can do this the easy way or the hard way which he was referring to beating the hell out of him if stone cold didn't get the belt.

I agree with you that HBK is supremely talented btw, but I didn't know much about this when I was watching in the late 90s 2000s so reading about how much of a prick he was is interesting.

funny how they tried to bury the rock and stone cold and they end up being the biggest 2 faces of the greatest era in history :lol:

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson

Undertaker protected a lot of talent from clique alone at that time ..

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
Taker's love for the WWE is unrivaled, I've felt it from his interviews.

Taker told michaels something in the lines of we can do this the easy way or the hard way which he was referring to beating the hell out of him if stone cold didn't get the belt.

he is very loyal because vince made when he was jobles .. only time he went against was in screwjob .. he blasted vinces door and something happened and he just didnt speak anything

Bret always said screwjob was for real and hbk knew it because his good friend taker told him ..

taker and bret carried that company in lean years
Taker protected lot of talent and he was not even a champion for a long time .. he doesnt care about title

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
taker is much bigger than the title, no doubt.

same applies to bret hart, stone cold, the rock etc.

it's a shame that they keep on pushing someone like john cena as the biggest wrestler in wwf/wwe history when I wouldn't even put him in the top 10.

honestly, john cena and his gimmick wouldn't have lasted in the attitude era, he would have been mid card at best.

and now you have him facing off the rock in a rematch where he will win, they make this match up seem like it's the biggest in wwf/wwe history...it's a joke tbh.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
See wrestling is a bad industry and john cena brings in cash .. a lot of cash and he works awfully hard .. he is a work horse who is carrying the company day in and day out and he wont bail for hollywood.

heel john cena would be so sick but in the absence of john there wont be any one .. however big punk or dbryan is with internetz .. john drives the company .. its just good business

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
And its not for grownups .. its more for kids .. no pun intended thats why i stopped it .. but hey its a free country

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
See wrestling is a bad industry and john cena brings in cash .. a lot of cash and he works awfully hard .. he is a work horse who is carrying the company day in and day out and he wont bail for hollywood.

heel john cena would be so sick but in the absence of john there wont be any one .. however big punk or dbryan is with internetz .. john drives the company .. its just good business

I really want to see heel cena, I would love that.

in some arenas half the crowd already boos him because they're completely sick of him, and he's a face ffs.

imagine if he turned heel, he'll be the biggest heel in the business, no doubt.

he just needs to quit this white boy rapper bullshit and grow up as a character.
And its not for grownups .. its more for kids .. no pun intended thats why i stopped it .. but hey its a free country

I stopped back in around 2005, from that time until this thread started I would watch it whenever it was on tv, check who won if there's a huge match..that's about it.

I honestly started again because of this thread(damn and derp :D), took a liking to cm punk because his quality would fit in with what I watched back in the day, I also like a few others but I believe wwe is getting better than what it was a few years ago IMO.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
He is good .. this was his impressive match .. again undertaker .. parallely mick foley had a good match with randy :thumbsup:

working sane veterans :star:

Triple H is a piece of shit .. buried orton in a month :fp:

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Cena would of eventually turn heel in the Attitude era and he probably would of done well.

You can't turn him heel in this era. He like the most wanted in the make a wish foundation. He is the kids hero. The modern day hogan.

Lord7God

Optimistic Pessimist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Galfano , Coliuto , Zappa , DiSinone , Pabi , Passaro , Zanga

I don't think Bischoff was ever head booker on RAW , was always Brian Gerwitz in his time I could be wrong.

derpu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Demetrio Albertini, Prinz Eugen
I'm surprised Hogan didn't book himself to win the belt if he was the booker

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
The greatest quick snappy match i have ever seen, while Gorilla Monsoon and Randy Savage are joined by perhaps the worst commentator in history